• The Struggle Is Real Part 2

Filed under Open thread at June 12th, 2017 - 9:45 am

MORE LIMES!!!!

Comments

16 Responses to “The Struggle Is Real Part 2”

1. 1 | June 12, 2017 10:09 am

Oh the fish stories someone is going to have about the one that got away…

2. 2 | June 12, 2017 10:37 am

Oh the fish stories someone is going to have about the one that got away…

I personally have two incredible “One that got away” stories. Made all the more tragic, because neither of them “Got away”. Both happened on the same day. My buddy Steve and I were fishing off the pier in Oceanside, we were having a pretty good day catching mackerel and cod.

About 3 in the afternoon, I get this incredible tug on my line, So I start reeling it in. Now mind you, we are not using fancy rods or heavy test line, just 20lbs line and regular old rods.

So I get in what seems like a titanic fight with this fish, its fighting me like its a Marlin. Fi9nal after 10 minutes or so, it breaks the water and I haul it up onto the pier.

About the second I get it p on the pier, the friendly neighborhood Fish and Game Warden claps me on the back and says “Congratulations, you caught JAWS”.

On the end of my line was a Great White Shark. “Now you have to throw him back”… This shark I had just reeled in, looked almost identical to JAWS, except for one teeny tiny little detail. It was only 2 feet long.

Now it may have only been 2 feet long, but it had a full sized Great Whites attitude. I ended up making the Fish and Game Warden throw it back, because every time I tried to remove the hook from its mouth, the little bastard tried to bite my fingers off.

The other one that almost didn’t get away happened about an hour later. Same damn Fish and Game Warden. Only this time, after fight for 10 minutes with what felt like Moby Dick, what I pulled up was a 15 pound California Spiny Lobster. It was fricking YUGE. It was also 2 weeks out of season. I really really wanted to take it home and eat it… But, nothing doing said the Fish and Game Warden.

3. Guggi
      3 | June 12, 2017 11:05 am

What is this about?

D.C. and Maryland to sue President Trump, alleging breach of constitutional oath

Case centers on ‘emoluments’ clause of Constitution, barring gifts from foreign governments.

WaPo

4. 4 | June 12, 2017 11:17 am

Guggi wrote:

What is this about?

WaPo

Typical cultural Marxist bullshit, more of the Clinton/Obama Deep State Coup attempt.

5. Guggi
      5 | June 12, 2017 1:01 pm

So, nothing to worry?

6. Guggi
      6 | June 12, 2017 1:26 pm

9th Circuit becomes latest federal appeals court to rule against Trump’s travel ban

The U.S. government has asked the Supreme Court to step in and make a ruling on the revised travel ban. The 9th Circuit’s decision is the latest legal loss for President Trump’s travel ban, which tried to temporarily shut down the U.S. refugee program and suspend the issuance of new visas to residents of six Muslim-majority countries.

WaPo

7. Guggi
      7 | June 12, 2017 1:35 pm

The “revolution from above” in France is astonishing. If Macron succeeds in the second round of the parliamentary election then France is at the brink to a one party state. This is a bit scarry when there is no more opposition and even more scarry if you think about it that only 16/17% of the eligible French voters voted for Macron’s movement.

8 | June 12, 2017 2:20 pm

@ Guggi:

Time to eliminate the 9th Circuit

9 | June 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Guggi wrote:

What is this about?

WaPo

It’s such utter nonsense that it won’t even make it to trial.

For one thing, what gives Maryland or DC standing to sue? How are they being harmed?

10. 10 | June 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Guggi wrote:

So, nothing to worry?

Its a frivolous lawsuit designed exclusively to waste President Trumps time and slow down the advancement of his agenda. It literally has less than no chance of succeeding and everyone involved with it knows that. However, because it was filed, eventually President Trump’s attorneys will have to deal with it. Well, probably anyway, there is a very good chance that the next judge to look at it will throw it out as the frivolous lawsuit that it is.

Now here is the important part, there are two questions at play here. a) How much time and money is it going to cost President Trump having his lawyers crush this thing. b) How much time and money is it going to cost the people who brought this frivolous lawsuit.

Both D.C and Maryland have anti SLAPP (strategic lawsuit against public participation) laws. Now the people who brought this lawsuit expect it to cost them very little in both time and money, and they consider whatever they spend it worth it to them to harass President Trump.

They expect President Trump to do only what is required to have their lawsuit dismissed. I expect that they are going to be profoundly and painfully shocked at Trump’s response. Trump has been dealing with crap like this for decades, and his usual response, is to go after the people who file these kinds of lawsuit extremely viciously.

In other words, he is probably going to rip their heads off and shit down their necks. This is a game Trump understands very very well. By the time he is done with them, they are probably going to wish they had never been born.

So, no, nothing to worry about.

11 | June 12, 2017 7:14 pm

So, no, nothing to worry about.

I would add one thing. This happened immediately after the Trump/Russia collusion narrative collapsed in ashes. This emoluments lawsuit was the next round, already chambered. This is a coordinated attack and even if each attack individually misses the target, the cumulative effect is to weaken his credibility and political capital. At least that’s their hope. So yes, this lawsuit will get tossed, but there will ALWAYS be another round in the chamber.

I just stopped by to post an article I thought looks interesting, I’m saving it to read for later, thought some of you might like it. Enjoy.

‘Crash Override’: The Malware That Took Down a Power Grid

At midnight, a week before last Christmas, hackers struck an electric transmission station north of the city of Kiev, blacking out a portion of the Ukrainian capital equivalent to a fifth of its total power capacity. The outage lasted about an hour—hardly a catastrophe. But now cybersecurity researchers have found disturbing evidence that the blackout may have only been a dry run. The hackers appear to have been testing the most evolved specimen of grid-sabotaging malware ever observed in the wild.

Also, something I’ve put on my reading list I found on another blog. This one is apparently a horror story that a lot of people raved about.

“The Willows” by Algernon Blackwood

With a name like ‘Algernon Blackwood’, I’m sure you can’t go wrong.

later

12 | June 12, 2017 8:42 pm

So, how did over 100,000 people in downtown Nashville respond to the heartbreaking loss?

They praised their players, team and city and promised to be back next year. No riots. No burning of cars. No looting. No temper tantrums. Sadly, that won’t get much attention from the national media. Yet, among the long list of things that Nashville should be proud of in connection with the Press epic run is the fact that despite the emotional and devastating loss of the Cup on our home ice, the collective response was essentially, “We wuz robbed, bless your heart!”

That is one of the many reasons people are so impressed and captivated by our community and one we should proudly embrace as firmly as our support for the Preds.

yup

13 | June 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Obviously, white privilege at work again

14 | June 12, 2017 9:59 pm

15. 15 | June 12, 2017 10:00 pm

So coldwarrior and his epic guitar pick-up and volume/tone nob conversion got me motivated. So I got around to fixing my Jackson guitar. Lordy I had forgotten what a screamer it is.

16 | June 13, 2017 9:03 am