• The Big Cat and the mice

Filed under Open thread at July 11th, 2017 - 1:13 pm

The mice from the uni-party chase their tails as Big Cat Trump passes his agenda and unwinds Obama’s horrid legacy. We are already 180 days or so into the Trump Presidency. This pattern continues. The uni-party goes after the shiny object, Trump and the America First crew get their agenda passed.

Clinton and the Ukies????

Anyway, after 9 night shifts in 11 days I have come to the realization that the uni-party must feel how the right felt under Obama…yessir! We got him how! He’ll be frogmarched any second…

Comments

178 Responses to “The Big Cat and the mice”

1 | July 11, 2017 1:27 pm

this is so satisfying to watch

2 | July 11, 2017 1:51 pm

…cleanin out my bbq deck box…nice. i found two korans! i be lightin’ da coals with da pages from dat, mon!

it makes pulled pork taste so much better.

3. 3 | July 11, 2017 2:07 pm

it makes pulled pork taste so much better.

Upvoted for 1 trillion quatloos…

4 | July 11, 2017 2:09 pm

hey, i just tried to call u….

call the deck phone

5 | July 11, 2017 2:12 pm

speaking for myself, I never thought that. I spent the entire 8 years in a fog of despair. But you’re right about the NeverTrumpers. Don Jr just tweeted out the entire email chain. Now their dilemma is “shit? go blind?” Not only that, even tho no collusion occurred, they are convinced that the fact of the meeting proves WILLINGNESS which proves INTENT which proves GUILT. That nothing actually happened seems to not have registered. May I present one Mr. Jared Yates Sexton. Mr. Sexton knows something has changed. Watch his twitter thread as he realizes he as entered…The Twilight Zone.

I tracked down sources. Followed so many dead leads. Labored over this. And, then, you know, he just tweeted out the proof

Like. I spent hours and days and weeks and months. And his son just hit tweet.

I’m not entirely convinced I’m not having a break from reality

6 | July 11, 2017 2:19 pm

the trumps are playing these people like fools

7. 7 | July 11, 2017 2:21 pm

hey, i just tried to call u….

call the deck phone

I don’t have a phone anymore.

8. 8 | July 11, 2017 2:23 pm

hey, i just tried to call u….

call the deck phone

I don’t have a phone anymore.

I’ll see if I can get magic jack on it, but I don’t know yet

9 | July 11, 2017 2:24 pm

hey, i just tried to call u….

call the deck phone

I don’t have a phone anymore.

I’ll see if I can get magic jack on it, but I don’t know yet

aha! ok. holla at the deck phone and cell with new #

10 | July 11, 2017 2:25 pm

…it needs to be juuuuust a teeeeenie bit more humid.

11 | July 11, 2017 2:30 pm

the trumps are playing these people like fools

I’m not entirely convinced I’m not having a break from reality

Someday soon a coroner is going to read that and rule it a suicide. Funniest thing I’ve read in a month

13 | July 11, 2017 2:34 pm

BREAKING: House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell delays August recess by two weeks

toldja

GET BACK TO WORK BITCHES!!!!

14 | July 11, 2017 2:34 pm

I don’t have a phone anymore.

skype?

15 | July 11, 2017 2:35 pm

The new Daniel Silva just landed. back in a day or 2

16 | July 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Sen. John McCain faces questions in a defamation lawsuit about leaks leading to publication of the now-infamous dossier that alleged Donald Trump’s campaign had connections to Russian operatives, McClatchy has learned.

The dossier compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele and his London firm, Orbis Business Intelligence Ltd., amounted to a collection of uncorroborated reports of collusion gathered as political research for sale to Trump’s opponents. It proved explosive when published by online news site BuzzFeed on Jan. 10.

Now, two lawsuits — one in the United States and a second in the U.K. — are being brought by lawyers for Aleksej Gubarev, a Cyprus-based Internet entrepreneur whom Steele’s Russian sources accused of cyber spying against the Democratic Party leadership.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/national/article160622854.html#storylink=cpy

nail that bastard to the wall

16. 17 | July 11, 2017 3:01 pm

I don’t have a phone anymore.

skype?

Nope

17. 18 | July 11, 2017 3:14 pm

What the hell did McLame hope to gain by this? He’s on record as essentially being so excited about the possible revelations in this dossier that he sent an effing flunky to London to get it. And then – public servant that he was – he turned it over to the FBI, where the worse FBI director since its founding reads it and decides to open up an investigation on TRUMP based on the almost laughable allegations.

Meanwhile, somehow several press organs get their hands on it (I’m sure this was McLame yet again using surrogates). However, they at least show some sense and attempt to verify the information. They can’t. So it sits and sits and sits.

McLame did this from first to last to smear Donald Trump. Don’t get to do that Sparky.

19 | July 11, 2017 3:20 pm

What the hell did McLame hope to gain by this?

the ego got in the way of america first, again.

its time for this traitorous bastard to fry.

my dad (vietnam vet) always asks…how does a usna grad at the bottom 7% get a fighter jock seat? mccain should have been jg at the supply depot in subic bay, not flying with the smart/talented guys.

19. 20 | July 11, 2017 3:26 pm

My call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging service.

21 | July 11, 2017 3:28 pm

hmmmm….unkown private number….call again.

i’ll kee pthe phone with me

21. 22 | July 11, 2017 3:42 pm

How? By having the words “Admiral” and “Daddy” lumped together.

22. 23 | July 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Funny how no one in the MSM talk about this:

23. Bordm
      24 | July 11, 2017 6:16 pm

I don’t have a phone anymore.

Google Voice works really well, allows you to call any telephone # in the US, from your computer, for free…. All you need is a Gmail account, Chrome browser, internet connection, speakers and a microphone or headset with microphone….. Been using it for years, to make long distance calls…. Yeah, I’m a cheap skate…..

25 | July 11, 2017 6:36 pm

How? By having the words “Admiral” and “Daddy” lumped together.

and grandaddy

25. 26 | July 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Bordm wrote:

I don’t have a phone anymore.

I downloaded Google Hangouts on my phone, works through my WiFi.

27 | July 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Funny how no one in the MSM talk about this:

its called op research

28 | July 11, 2017 6:40 pm

and frankly, i might just run for office.

my skeletons aint shit any more…

28. 29 | July 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Looks like McLame is in the hotseat over his involvement with that Dossier:

There are lawsuits by an injured party. Remember what I said about “Discovery” last week? I hope to hell they leak the transcript.

29. 30 | July 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Precisely. He was told there was information about ILLEGAL dealings by Hillary. As it turns out, even though he took the meeting, there was no information given to him and it was just a ruse. Probably a set up. This same lawyer is pictured with Obama’s Russky Ambassador a week AFTER the meeting.

31 | July 11, 2017 7:30 pm

hmmmhmmmhmmm…lol…hmmm…

32 | July 11, 2017 7:33 pm

just because

johnny….addicted….

get some more jonnhy mccanain

one more fix

32. 33 | July 11, 2017 7:35 pm

and frankly, i might just run for office.

my skeletons aint shit any more…

I would be honored to be on your staff… Hell, I might even be convinced to move to Pa for that.

34 | July 11, 2017 7:36 pm

for cleansing.

34. 35 | July 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Hope the biol him like a fucking Maine Lobster.

35. 36 | July 11, 2017 7:38 pm

for cleansing.

Bah… Pathetic… We need some real cleansing… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ4xwmZ6zi4

One lump or Two???

36. 37 | July 11, 2017 7:44 pm

and frankly, i might just run for office.

my skeletons aint shit any more…

You run, you win… and you know it won’t be nothing but…

38 | July 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Meanwhile, back at the looney bin:

Kaine: Russia Probe Now Potentially an Investigation of ‘Treason’

Sen. Tim Kaine (D., Va.) told reporters on Tuesday that the Russia investigation is potentially moving into a “treason” investigation after reports surfaced of Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer last summer.

In the wake of New York Times reports on Trump Jr. and other Trump campaign officials meeting with a Russian attorney who they believed had damaging information about Hillary Clinton, Kaine said the probe into obstruction of justice could evolve into something more serious.

“Nothing is proven yet, but we’re now beyond obstruction of justice in terms of what’s being investigated,” Kaine said. “This is moving into perjury, false statements, and even into potentially treason.”

Kaine was Clinton’s running mate in the 2016 presidential election.

Kaine added, “To meet with an adversary to try to get information to hijack democracy. The investigation is now more than just obstruction of justice in investigation. It’s more than just a perjury investigation. It’s a treason investigation.”

39 | July 11, 2017 7:50 pm

:lol:, that and the teamster/ibew old school peeps, some mob…

oh shit yeah.

i still pay my teamster dues every year. why, well…

united we stand, divided we fall.

i came from the dock. i dont forget my brothers there.

i will go to the dock for a fight.

Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
      United we stand, divided we fall.
      Together we are what we can’t be alone,
      We came to this country, you made it our home.

This man so humble, this man so brave.
      A legend to many, he fought to his grave.
      Saved family and friends from the hardship and horror,
      in a land of depression he gave hope for tomorrow.

Say Johnny me boy, this ones for you.
      With the strength of many and the courage of few.
      To what do we owe this man who’s fight
      was for the masses, he gave his life.

Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call
      United we stand, divided we fall.
      Together we are what we can’t be alone,
      We came to this country, you made it our home.

A friend to the locals who dabbled in crime.
      He’d give you a job and he’d give you his time.
      He wasn’t a crook, but he couldn’t be conned.
      John knew the difference between right and wrong.

Say Johnny me boy, you live no longer,
      Others forgotten, your memory’s stronger.
      Lets drink to the causes in your life:
      Your family, your friends, the union, your wife.

Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
      United we stand, divided we fall.
      Together we are what we can’t be alone.
      We came to this country, you made it our home.

Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
      United we stand, divided we fall.
      Together we are what we can’t be alone.
      We came to this country, you made it our home.

And the boys on the docks needed John for sure.
      When they came to this country he opened the door.
      He said “Man I’ll tell ya, they don’t like our kind.

Though it starts with a fist it must end with your mind.”

Say hey Johnny boy, the battle call.
      United we stand, divided we fall.
      Together we are what we can’t be alone.
      We came to this country you made it our home.

it starts with your fist but is ends with your mind.

40 | July 11, 2017 8:02 pm

i got out of the army, started on the dock. gi bill, loading boxes… damn straight, busted ass, oh, this could topple the poser…

40. 41 | July 11, 2017 8:08 pm

So, let me get this straight.
      Taking a meeting where you might learn damaging information on Hillary Clinton is “hijacking Democracy” now? By the same token, someone should point out to him that Hillary’s surrogates and the DNC may have done some serious collusion vis-a-vis that dossier and that they hired a UKRANIAN firm to check their server when it was found to be hacked, rather than turn it over to probably the best Cyber discovery team in the world?

Oh, and it appears that this shady guy who set up the meeting for Trump Jr. works for the shady organization that was doing Op research for the Democrats.

42 | July 11, 2017 8:10 pm

rodan…well…and a hot marine biologist…the keys…

i have pics. yinz aint getting them.

42. 43 | July 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Oh Sweet Baby Jesus, the ACLU is at it again:

They are “Standing With” Linda Sarsour, because she is a “civil rights activist and supports civil justice.”

Did these clowns learn NOTHING after that shameful defense of the Nazis marching through the Jewish neighborhood in Skokie 20 years ago?

44 | July 11, 2017 8:28 pm

So the ACLU now supports Jihad against Trump?

45 | July 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Did anyone else watch Tucker Carlson smack down Ralph Peters? Who, I think has lost his mind because he compared Tucker to a Nazi. Wanna watch Tucker turn into a buzzsaw?

46 | July 11, 2017 8:45 pm

During a taping of tonight’s broadcast of CBS’s The Late Show, Scarborough divulged that he was no longer a member of the Republican Party and that moving forward, he’d be an independent.

yeah I’m sure somebody somewhere will notice. someday

47 | July 11, 2017 8:45 pm

On par with Elton John’s announcement that he’s gay:

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Announces He Is Leaving Republican Party

48 | July 11, 2017 8:50 pm

On par with Elton John’s announcement that he’s gay:

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Announces He Is Leaving Republican Party

Reminds me of when Jumbo Johnson wrote his Manifesto, “Why I Left The Right” . That masterpiece will be studied never.

49 | July 11, 2017 8:52 pm

yeah I’m sure somebody somewhere will notice. someday

If a tree fell in the woods , and no one heard it………….

50 | July 11, 2017 8:56 pm

Curiosor and Curiosor – Natalia Veselnitskaya Pictured With Obama Officials in DC on June 14th, 2016…

At the heart of the current media Russian narrative du jour is a story about Donald Trump Jr. meeting with a Russian attorney named Natalia Veselnitskaya. That meeting took place on June 9th 2016 in Trump Tower.

Now it is discovered via video and images, that only 5 days later, June 14th 2016, Ms. Veselnitskava was a guest of former Obama administration Russian Ambassador Michael McFaul in Washington DC for a House of Representatives hearing on U.S. Policy Toward Putin’s Russia.

Ms. Natalia Veselnikskaya is pictured seated in the front row directly behind former U.S. Ambassador to Russia Mr. Michael McFaul at the House Foreign Affairs Committee. This is June 14th, five days after the reported meeting with Donald Trump Jr.

It should be noted that Ambassador McFaul was very publicly discussing the ‘Muh Russia’ conspiracy narrative in the media and appeared on numerous NBC and MSNBC broadcasts during the 2016 campaign, and immediately after the election.

It should also be noted that Ms. Natalia Veselnitskaya was initially denied an entry visa into the United States in 2016 and appealed her situation to the U.S. District Court of New York. She was granted a parole letter allowing her to enter the United States on behalf of a client.

It’s enough to make you wonder what exactly is the nature of the relationship between Natalia Veselnitskaya and President Obama’s appointees such that they would be visibly working together on a few days after her reported meeting with Donald Trump Jr. in Trump Tower….

51 | July 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Yawn is a lawyer now

52 | July 11, 2017 9:37 pm

On par with Elton John’s announcement that he’s gay:

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Announces He Is Leaving Republican Party

hmhmmm.

i left first.

53 | July 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Hmm, interesting point. Depending upon what was on that server, that could have triggered an ITAR violation.

54 | July 11, 2017 9:44 pm

yeah I’m sure somebody somewhere will notice. someday

Yeah, that’s going to be devastating to the Republican party. /s

55 | July 11, 2017 9:47 pm

John McCain is devastating to the Republic Party.

That or he IS the Republican Party.

56 | July 11, 2017 9:52 pm

OMG, I SERIOUSLY wasn’t b*tching at the good people of AZ again.

I just saw the comment and commented.

Please don’t think that was that. It wasn’t.

57 | July 11, 2017 10:00 pm

No worries, didn’t take it that way.

58 | July 11, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks!

Had a couple, didn’t even look at the nic…

59 | July 11, 2017 10:22 pm

WHAT is going on with this?

After a stunningly low overall passage rate of 34.5 percent for the most recent exam, the State Bar of California committed to study the test and examine the cut score, but it looks like the California Supreme Court thought that the process was taking too long, so the justices took it upon themselves to do something.

According to the Daily Journal (sub. req.), in an unprecedented move, the California Supreme Court has decided to strip the Committee of Bar Examiners of its authority to decide the minimum score needed to pass the exam:

The state Supreme Court amended its rules to specify only the court has authority to set the passing score on the exam.

60 | July 11, 2017 10:32 pm

I did tune in to watch that Eagles. Peters might be a ‘patriot’ but alas his mind remains totally mired in the Cold War. It’s over ! We won! Well we had the illusion of winning and the Soviets did in fact fall. What replaced them is a whole different story.

Meanwhile back to Peters.
      Tucker laid it out for him with a nuanced , “the enemy of my enemy is (with clear understandable constraints) my temporary ally.”

In fact in the world of high strategy there are no such things as permanent allies, only other nation states with current aligned national interests.

In a world awash with evil bastards running nation states and few if any angels, a logical foreign affairs strategy is built on supporting anyone who advances your national interests for as long as that happens and as long as other countervailing issues do not nix that advantage. Hell the US was late entering both WWI and WWII due to extant national interests. The US Lend Leased 30 obsolete destroyers to the British in 1940-41 and got their ‘pound of flesh’ in spades because it suited US interests and because the British REALLY needed them ‘at any price’. When national interests diverge even shooting wars can erupt, as almost happened between Britain and the US in 1928.

Peters needs to put the cold war behind him if possible. If he can’t then he is of little use in framing what is actually happening globally in 2017.

61 | July 11, 2017 10:37 pm

oh good JUST the person I wanted to talk to. Peters made a point I’ve heard others make and I don’t know how much credit to give it. The point is that Russia is NOT killing our shared enemy ISIS but bombing civilian targets instead.

I don’t have any way of evaluating that assertion. I have a few questions tho. 1. Why would Russia bomb civilian targets? 2. Why WOULDN’T Russia bomb ISIS?

Talk to me.

62 | July 11, 2017 10:45 pm

Why WOULDN’T Russia bomb ISIS?

Because ISIS isn’t the real threat to their buddy Assad. The people we’re backing are.

63 | July 11, 2017 10:54 pm

Well, is ISIS NOT attacking Assad? I’m sorry to be so dumb, but I find the entire Syria conflict very confusing.

64 | July 11, 2017 10:59 pm

Russia is merely following its National Interests that’s all and they are NOT aligned with US interests as far as Assad is concerned. Putin has chosen Assad with all of warts, actually in spite of his warts, as Russia’s man in Syria. To understand this a little better it’s necessary to roll back time a bit to the Cold War 1980s when Israel and Egypt buried the hatchet and Russia totally lost its leverage in the Mediterranean and were put back in their Black Sea box. NATO and specifically the US 6th. Fleet ruled the Med.
      Russia has been attempting to reverse that for the past 30 years and have in Assad the ideal candidate. The Crimea gambit where Putin played ‘Indian Giver’ by grabbing back the Crimean Peninsular with the attached Black Sea Fleet HQ, that was ‘given away to the Ukraine by Nikita K back in the early days of the Cold War.
      Russia knew that they had a potential client state in Assad’s Syria. Assad was a secular socialist of the Baath variety and was a blood enemy of the theocrats of Saudi and the Sunnis in general. Assad was not limited by morality or religious mantra. He was the perfect client for Russia to use to re-enter the war waters of the Med.

If Bush had been smart he’d have used the secularist Baathist Saddam as the client of the US interests and kept the Sunni theocrats in their box. The US was dumb and the Russians were smart.

Russia is doing what advances their agenda and national interests. That involves killing Assad’s domestic enemies including many dodgy US allied Muslim armies currently fighting against Assad and on occasion ISIS. Putin knows that the Kurds are probably too difficult to put back in their box and are more of an ’embuggerance’ to Turkey (a NATO Member State) than they are to Assad. Other Sunni theocratic and secular armies fighting Assad’s forces … not so much! ISIS is secondary to the Russians as their core intent is to see the Assad regime survive, and with it Russia’s centre back into the Med and its warm water post and airfield.

65 | July 11, 2017 11:01 pm

war waters = warm waters!

66 | July 11, 2017 11:03 pm

warm water port = warm water post.

You have no idea how I hate this predictive feature that infests my computer.

67 | July 11, 2017 11:11 pm

The facts are that most of the Sunni war fighters being financed by the US are theocratic Sunnis only mildly better than ISIS. The Allawites ( a breakaway Arab sect of the Shi’a (most of whom reside in Iran) of the secular Assad Regime were much more reliable clients.
      Arabs hate both Ottomans (Sunni Truks) as well as Persians (Iranians) almost as much as they hate Shi’a in general and Christians in particular.

The US has teamed up with VERY dodgy Sunni theocrats only mildly better than ISIS as well as a few fairly weak secularist armies. These are the targets for the Russians as it’s these rebel armies who pose a post war challenge to a rump Assad regime based around the Allawite rump on the coast.

68 | July 11, 2017 11:13 pm

(most of whom reside in Iran)…. incorrectly pasted . Allowites are of course based in their homeland on the Syrian coast of the Med.

69 | July 11, 2017 11:15 pm

Any other specific questions Eagles?

70 | July 11, 2017 11:15 pm

You have no idea how I hate this predictive feature that infests my computer.

When I was in Kuwait, the company gave me a cell phone. They apparently bought the things by the pallet from a local provider.

Naturally, they come out of the box set to Arabic as the default language. I managed to switch the display to English, so I figured I was set.

Until the first time I tried to send a text.

Apparently, the predictive text used by the text messaging is separate from the display language. I spent about 5 minutes trying to type a four word text to someone to tell them where I was waiting for them to pick me up, because it kept changing everything I typed to Arabic.

71 | July 11, 2017 11:16 pm

…and to think I have IT problems!

72 | July 11, 2017 11:17 pm

I am aware of the long standing ties between Syria and Russia. Syrians have been educated in Moscow for generations and there has been a lot of intermarriage. I was surprised that U.S. foreign policy seemed not to take that into consideration.

Bashir is not the man his daddy was. ‘Hamas Rules’ didn’t come easily to him and I’m sure he’s a bit put out that the world is pissed that he didn’t kill all those people with tanks and bullets instead of chems. Dead is dead, after all.

The issue of ports is one I consistently forget and I know better. As for the Kurds, they’re the Poles of WW II in this mess. I don’t blame Erdogan for going after the PKK, they’re commie scum who continue their cross-border incursions and no country would tolerate that. But there should be some way found to get them a safe space and it doesn’t look like that’s being done.

As far as the idea of using a secular Saddam – the man was not stable enough to form a reliable alliance with. And Uday and Qusay really had to go, they were monsters of the first order, nothing politically viable could have been done with Saddam as long as those two were alive.

It’s my bedtime. I’m sleeping with Daniel Silva tonite. HA!

73 | July 11, 2017 11:21 pm

I used to keep a running scorecard about who was who in the zoo in the Syrian conflict but gave it away as I wasn’t using the information regularly and there were so many (typically Arab) changes of loyalty , fractionating in organisation ORBATS, tribal differences resulting in infighting, that maintaining the variable ‘zoo’ of 30-40 different groups was daunting.

I gave it away as a fool’s errand and just ‘caught myself up’ when i ended to pump out some analysis.

74 | July 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Any other specific questions Eagles?

yes, but I’m too sleepy. I glanced at Bill Kristols twitter thread just for the entertainment value. The gist now is that because Jr’s statement over the weekend was drafted by WH staff, this is now officially a WH coverup.

This people need to go scrub a floor or something.

74. 75 | July 11, 2017 11:27 pm

Hey, are we still ok?

76 | July 11, 2017 11:27 pm

It’s my bedtime. I’m sleeping with Daniel Silva tonite. HA!

US strategic nouse tends to be episodic and disparate. If you want to learn from the ‘masters’ look at the British Foreign Office during the period 1830- 1960 to see a Masterclass in perfidy but constancy where the Brits with sand in their shoes knew the hellhole that they we’re resident better than the locals as the Brits were coldly calculating and took ‘the chinese century perspective’. The US foreign policy is amateur hour in comparison and reflects the US attitude to foreign affairs as short term expediency trumps long term strategic national interests.

77 | July 11, 2017 11:30 pm

Hey, are we still ok?

Absolutely mate.

There is nothing like a little bar room brawl to clear the air and the sinuses.

Can I buy you a (virtual) beer?

78 | July 11, 2017 11:32 pm

My dear old mum would suggest that they go dig some weeds in the garden to get it out of their system.

HEH!

79 | July 11, 2017 11:34 pm

I’ve been putting off Pilates and some ‘mechanised’ hill walking at the gym. If I don’t go now it’ll get cold and I’ll make excuses to myself for not heading to the gym.

Sleep tight Eagles!

80 | July 11, 2017 11:42 pm

This people need to go scrub a floor or something.

I’ve found a new response to them:

80. 81 | July 11, 2017 11:53 pm

Hey, are we still ok?

Absolutely mate.

There is nothing like a little bar room brawl to clear the air and the sinuses.

Can I buy you a (virtual) beer?

Let me get the first one.

I play up my former role as a Rock Star to the hilt, but truth is, there is a lot more to me than dumb Rock Star. That’s just the image I am most comfortable with people seeing me as.

I have seven years of applied physics under my belt as well as three as a alphabet agency analyst. (They paid for my BA in Music, United States International University, largest US Listening post in the US)

I did DARPA Black Project work in ballistic composite materials and Aerospace Stealth between 2007 and 2012. I have a Ohio-Standford-Binet test score of 5 standard deviation points above average.

Cold has verified most of this through people he knows. One of my failing as a human being, is that sometimes I resemble Sheldon from “The Big Bang Theory” I’m not actually trying to insult people, I just have the tact of a small nuclear weapon.

I was not trying to pick a fight with you, (Had to talk to cold who assured me you were one of the good guys). Sometime I just get very excited. You should have seen me go round and round with Rodan in the old days.

Oh, and as a side note, notice your comments about Russia above, and could not agree more. Russian Georgia and Ukraine were blatant incursions by the UE/US into Russian sovereign territory.

82 | July 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Not everyone in the US agrees with the idea of toppling Assad. Yeah, Assad is an evil SOB, but the alternatives are no better and they advance the unified islamic threat. There are no good guys in that fight.

83 | July 11, 2017 11:56 pm

The Israelis don’t particularly want him removed, either.

84 | July 11, 2017 11:59 pm

The Israelis don’t particularly want him removed, either.

Good point.

85 | July 12, 2017 12:03 am

That’s the way I see it.

86 | July 12, 2017 12:07 am

Exactly.

By the Bye. You’ll notice that i’m NOT doing pilates right now. Just as I was about to walk out the door the temperature plunged 10C and the wind increased to 25 knots from the South straight off Antarctica and it’s pissing down rain with accompanying thunderstorms in the area. I’m staying war and dry in my office!

As you said mate. There are no white hats in this punch up, just shades of black hats as far as the eye can see.. Some bad, many really bad and most REALLY evil bastards. Best solution is to isolate them by building a 1000 foot high wall and let them kill one another. When the shooting dies down… flood it with water and drown the remanent.

87 | July 12, 2017 12:16 am

Better the nasty secularist socialist Baathist bastard you know, than the wild eyed homicidally inspired suicide merchant of Islamism. The Arab spring has a LOT to answer for as does the US who run about willy nilly killing off bad secular bastards and having REALLY bad theocrats replace them.

The best tactic is to encourage Sunni / Shi’a warfare as well as Ottoman/ Saudi / Iranian warfare and stand back and just slow clap until they are all dead or exhausted. Meanwhile developing the West’s own stand alone energy sources. Whoever is left when the dust settles in the Middle east tell them to drink their oil and eat their sand!

87. 88 | July 12, 2017 12:31 am

Trying to apologize for being a dick, if perhaps you didn’t pick up on that.

88. Canoe Convoy
      89 | July 12, 2017 12:51 am

Exactly.

I feel quite apprehensive about all of this. The US, my country, has a history of selecting someone to support, only to have it come back to haunt us, in some very violent ways. Perhaps the best practice is to follow the Weinberger Doctrine ( see link ), protect our people & interests, and otherwise stay out of other regions / nations affairs.

90 | July 12, 2017 1:25 am

@ Canoe Convoy:
      A very wise policy although I suspect it because Weinberger is attached to it and anything that Weinberger gets involved with is immediately dodgy!

HEH!

91 | July 12, 2017 1:27 am

Trying to apologize for being a dick, if perhaps you didn’t pick up on that.

I got it loud and clear mate.

It’s not a problem at all.

We’re all good!

Have a beer.

92 | July 12, 2017 2:51 am

My old employer welcomes you to my little corner of the world

93 | July 12, 2017 2:58 am

At 2:36 is Coldwarrior’s demon Kia parrot the smartest most ‘evil’ parrot in the world when it comes to automobile rubber window surrounds

Enjoy

Currently paradise is freezing cold with 25′ seas, 130 Km/Hr gales and LOTS of snow and ice.

Brrrrrrrrrr

93. 94 | July 12, 2017 6:37 am

How? By having the words “Admiral” and “Daddy” lumped together.

You forgot “grandpa”…!

94. 95 | July 12, 2017 6:38 am

Or put sand in their Vaseline…!

96 | July 12, 2017 8:26 am

Is Tim Kane organized the firing squad to shoot Don Jr for treason? But Bergdhal served with honor and distinction .
      That bit of crap didn’t faze him.

97 | July 12, 2017 8:26 am

Oh, good morning.

97. 98 | July 12, 2017 9:55 am

WHAT is going on with this?

A 34% bar pass rate is not all that atypical. California has one of the most difficult bar exams in the country – I believe Washington D.C. is also among the toughest. In fact, those attending law school in California traditionally check out the bar pass rate of their graduates. Here’s a little inside baseball – for the longest time, the highest bar pass rate was not Boalt Hall at Cal, or Stanford or UCLA – it was McGeorge School of Law at the Unviersity of the Pacific in Sacramento.

It’s the same state that gave you the initial Bakke decision – they’ve been dumbing down the standards for decades. That these idiots on the Supreme Court, a group of partisan political hacks, think they know more than the Committee of Bar Examiners, who are as objective as it gets, is just the next in a series of Democrat power grab in the state.

98. 99 | July 12, 2017 9:59 am

You know, reading that fantastic exchange above between eagles and Aussie reminds me of the heady days of LGF. We may not have the biggest community here – to me, we’re a group of “un-met” friends (for the most part at least) who share information with each other. I now feel VERY informed on Syria right now and I was as confused as it gets.

One of these nights I am going to have to forego my natural laziness and sign on when I get home from work. I am missing some fabulous conversations.

99. 100 | July 12, 2017 10:48 am

So President Trump has nominated Christopher Wray as the new FBI Director. What’s disconcerting is that Eric Holder and Sally Yates have written letters to the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of him:

Okay, time to do some research on this guy.

This is interesting: In 2003, President George W. Bush nominated Wray as assistant attorney general in charge of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department. Wray was unanimously confirmed by the Senate.Wray was assistant attorney general from 2003 to 2005, working under Deputy Attorney General James Comey. While heading the Criminal Division, Wray oversaw prominent fraud investigations, including Enron.

Okay, a COMEY connection. Am I wrong to be apprehensive on this?

100. 101 | July 12, 2017 12:13 pm

I thought the swamp was being drained.

102 | July 12, 2017 2:45 pm

WHAT is going on with this?

Why does it feel like this is just a first step, the next being the SC deciding that not enough minorities are passing.

103 | July 12, 2017 3:50 pm

they’ll do that to the medical and nursing boards next.

103. 104 | July 12, 2017 5:32 pm

My guess that their deciding the bar pass cut off is designed to do precisely that.

105 | July 12, 2017 5:53 pm

the next being the SC deciding that not enough minorities are passing.

they need the minorities to ensure the Democratic majority.

My DNA analysis came back.

I’m adopted.

Seriously. There are NO Scandanavian people in my ancestral family line. Yet it shows 22% Scandanavian from Sweden/Norway/Denmark.

I’m a freaking Valkyrie.

106 | July 12, 2017 5:54 pm

Lutefisk and Meatball party!!

107 | July 12, 2017 6:01 pm

Lutefisk and Meatball party!!

Not only that, I didn’t get the blonde hair/blue eye gene either.

Ripped. Off.

108 | July 12, 2017 6:17 pm

This is interesting. A drug used for epilepsy seems to help Alheimer’s.

Keppra (the tech name is really long – Lev*(&(*^%&^(*&(^ something or other.)

109 | July 12, 2017 6:18 pm

I’m sure you’ve had the little red fish and crappy, overpriced furniture that’s hard to assemble, so there’s that…

110 | July 12, 2017 6:19 pm

(I’ll take that back. The crappy, overpriced Scandinavian furniture was relatively easy to assemble compared to the crappy, value ‘American’ furniture I’ve assembled.)

111 | July 12, 2017 6:29 pm

I’m left handed. Tools are made for right handed people (which is how I became fond of hammers). Also, I have some form of dyslexia that can cause me to see printed pictures as mirror images. Numbers have colors. I actually assembled a desk inside-out. In a room with a door that was too small to move the desk out of.

Thank God I never wanted to be a surgeon.

112 | July 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Hammers fix everything.

If they don’t, you need bigger hammers.

113 | July 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Did you know that Trump is somehow MAKING the media lie? yep. It’s a strategy so that when they finally ‘get’ Trump, his base won’t believe a word they say. Look at Chuck Todd’s answer to someone who suggested just that

That’s my greatest fear. That this is somehow a strategy. It’s beyond cynical

114 | July 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Shoeless Chuck Todd.

115 | July 12, 2017 6:51 pm

It is like mass insanity has got them. But they are mild compared to the #nevertrump , I want to have Teds Baby blogs.
      Mean as snakes, and Trumps family is not off limits. Real low life’s.

116 | July 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Bill Kristol needs psychiatric help. Altho I think the basis of his fall is his ego. He was BORN to be a big deal given the social status of his parents – and no one will acknowledge him as such. Brett Stephens with the pedigree.

117 | July 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Just keep reminding them that Ted Cruz didn’t stand a snowball’s chance in hell of winning.

I’m sure he’d make a good POTUS. He just can’t win a national election. Which you, you know, have to do.

The GOP Senate is a MESS BTW.

Maybe he could work on that? Maybe he could get Grandstand Rand to write a reasonable repeal bill instead of yelling about everything, and work to excommunicate the McCain-Graham-Collins cadre for starters. (oh, wait. they all sit on committees. Nice going…)

118 | July 12, 2017 7:10 pm

I do not have anything against Cruz, his speech patterns are annoying though. Ok, he pissed me off during the
      Campaign, and particularly at the Convention. But I would have voted for him, and wished him success.

118. 119 | July 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Okay, as I understand this whole mess with Trump Jr, there wasn’t actual collusion , but there was intent to collide?

120 | July 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Hammers fix everything.

If they don’t, you need bigger hammers.

That’s what explosives are for

121 | July 12, 2017 8:05 pm

BREAKING: 2 Democrats Have Drawn Up Article Of Impeachment Against President Trump…

Rep. Brad Sherman (D., Calif.) announced he introduced an article of impeachment against President Donald Trump on Wednesday.

Sherman was joined by Rep. Al Green (D., Texas) as a co-sponsor on the measure. They have both publicly called for Trump’s impeachment in the past, as has Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.). House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) has cautioned against impeachment talk, despite her own criticism of Trump.

Republicans control the House of Representatives and many Democrats are hesitant to go as far as calling anything done by Trump “impeachable,” fearing political backlash.

Sherman’s argument of impeachment is focused on claiming Trump has committed obstruction of justice regarding the investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

122 | July 12, 2017 8:13 pm

yes. of course there wasn’t, but even Krauthammer, who is not a lawyer, has pontificated on it and decided it is so. ‘Love it!” seems to be the damning evidence in the email. I gather the idea of gathering dirt on your political opponents from someone you may or may not know is working for a foreign gov’t is collusion, but marshalling the forces of your OWN gov’t, e.g., the IRS, to destroy your political opponents, is just SOP.

123 | July 12, 2017 8:20 pm

And let me just comment on this whole thing about ‘taking meetings with reps of murderous regimes’ self-righteous, posturing bullshit.

Of course you do. Every time. If somebody has something to tell you, even if that something is bait, you listen, because you never know.

Years ago, Hubby arranged an exchange trip between American dairy farmers and Russian dairy farmers. You think everybody involved in getting that done was pure as the driven snow? You think favors weren’t asked and returned? You think every Russian that came over here under the auspices of that exchange was a dairy farmer?

grow up.

124 | July 12, 2017 8:24 pm

FAKE NEWS=> CNN’s Chris Cuomo: It’s Okay if Ukrainian Govt Meddles in Our Elections, but Not Russia (VIDEO)

As usual, Chris Cuomo makes up his own laws claiming it’s okay if the Ukrainian government was working with Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election, because they aren’t Russia. Makes sense. Jay Sekulow smacked down Cuomo quickly by saying, “that’s not the law.”

Cuomo: “You don’t let Russia interfere in American elections. You don’t do that.”

Sekulow: “I want to ask you this question…the Ukrainian government was giving information to the DNC and to Hillary Clinton’s people on who? Donald Trump. So we’re acting as if this doesn’t happen..”

Chris Cuomo immediately defended his Queen Hillary by saying it’s different for her to work with a foreign government because it’s Ukraine and not Russia. Really Cuomo? Please cite the law.

Cuomo: “Ukraine is not Russia, okay? You can get oppo research from whoever you want”

Sekulow: “You just said if it’s the Ukrainians it’s okay, if it’s the Russians, it’s not. That’s not the law.”

After Cuomo gets hit with some cold hard facts from a lawyer on the actual law, he stutters as he once again mentions that Ukraine is not Russia. We know Chris, we know.

Hillary Clinton not only coordinated with Ukrainian government officials during the 2016 election, she also had a secret meeting with a Chinese ambassador. But that’s okay because Hillary can do whatever the hell she wants without reprisal from the fake news media.

125 | July 12, 2017 8:35 pm

Tonite it’s Max Boot doing battle with Tucker. It’s very interesting to watch his face. Much like what I saw in Ralph Peter’s face when I saw the repeat. The contempt. The anger.

Not only that, Boot’s argument structures wouldn’t pass 9th grade rhetoric mid-terms. Ad hominem, first.

126 | July 12, 2017 8:36 pm

You can get oppo research from whoever you want”

So, is he clearing Donald Trump, Jr?

127 | July 12, 2017 8:39 pm

He left out the “…if you’re Hillary Clinton” part.

127. 128 | July 12, 2017 8:40 pm

Okay, so if there’s intent to collude, even if none happened, I don’t know that I see it any less wrong than if someone intended to commit a different crime. I can see potential problems from both campaigns. Trump Jr with the Russians, and Hillary’s campaign with Ukrainians.

Am I missing something?

130 | July 12, 2017 9:04 pm

You and I can ‘collude’ to throw coldwarrior a surprise birthday party. That is not a crime. The only time collusion is a crime is if the intended goal is criminal. This meeting took place in June. Trump didn’t even win the nomination until July. (You might want to ask yourself what other Republican candidates still standing were also approached.) So Junior met with someone who – we will stipulate – he knew had Kremlin connections because he was told she had dirt on Hillary.

So what?

131 | July 12, 2017 9:08 pm

And why we’re on the subject, will someone please explain to me EXACTLY WHAT SPECIFICALLY Russia did to try to interfere with our ‘sacred’ elections, the one Hillary rigged against Bernie?

Because I keep hearing that asserted as fact and I haven’t seen one of those fact things yet.

132 | July 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Oh ffs. Yawn is saying the Russians got info on specific districts where Hillary was vulnerable.

Great. They read Nate Silver. BOOM!!

133 | July 12, 2017 9:20 pm

Jeebus, did you see Joe Scarborough on Late Show last nite? Did you see his HAIR?? It’s taller than he is! That wasn’t hairspray, that was mortar.

Oh no. He tried to rock out. I think he tried to reprise Buddy Holly. Oh dear.

134 | July 12, 2017 9:27 pm

Just saw the clip of Joe Scarboughro on Colbert announcing his exit from the Republican Party.
      This is as devastating as when Charles Foster Johnson issued his masterpiece of a manifesto, ” Why I left the Right”.

135 | July 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Ya beat me to it. Joe Mika are a freak show.

136 | July 12, 2017 9:35 pm

So you think that’s a crime? To get information from a foreign national that perhaps we’re not friendly with to damn your political opponent???

How?

137 | July 12, 2017 9:43 pm

How?

It’s not

138 | July 12, 2017 9:58 pm

… and about as meaningful

138. 139 | July 12, 2017 10:05 pm

I would think (wrongly apparently) that it’d be just as wrong as using foreign money to finance your campaign.

Okay so since it’s not illegal, then what’s all the hubbub about besides giving something else to pound Trump over? And what did the Ukrainians & the Democrats do differently, if anything?

140 | July 12, 2017 10:09 pm

the next being the SC deciding that not enough minorities are passing.

they need the minorities to ensure the Democratic majority.

My DNA analysis came back.

I’m adopted.

I’m a freaking Valkyrie.

I knew there was something ‘suspect’ about you from the get Eagles. Perhaps it was the winged battle helmet that you’ve been seen wearing around these parts and that ‘theme’ music of yours

that shows up whenever you’re about.

It sounds like

Winning ……nah!

More like ummmmmm ……VICTORY

141 | July 12, 2017 10:15 pm

There’s supposed to be more?

142 | July 12, 2017 10:19 pm

now you’ve got it

As for DNC/Ukraine – one Alexandra Chalupa, an American-Ukranian Democratic activist apparently offered the services of the Ukranian gov’t to the DNC in order to undermine the Trump campaign. It looks like there may have been DNC people going to the Ukranian embassy or something, I’m not clear on some of these points yet. I haven’t traced the timing on this yet either, but apparently at this point Paul Manafort was the Trump campaign mgr.

Then all of a sudden he wasn’t. Because he had lobbied for Ukraine.

Go figure. This part of the story is still being fleshed out.

143 | July 12, 2017 10:27 pm

I don’t understand why you’d think that.

This was just some chick from Russia. Not an official, or anyone with a political designation.

144 | July 12, 2017 10:29 pm

I too saw the Boot meltdown in Tucker this afternoon.

He arrived barely able to contain the vitriol and yet failing in his attempt to be taken seriously. The total contempt by Boot for Carlson didn’t take long to explode onto the scene. It rapidly turned to anger and hatred that rendered Boot incoherent and seemingly out of control emotionally.

When you lose it the way Boot lost it you have to know that you look like a raging nutter of the first tier. The Council for Foreign Relations is home to many seriously disturbed individuals that alas included some former Cold Warriors who can’t acknowledge that they won. Digging deeper into Boot’s organisation makes for rather disturbing reading as well. The CFR is home to elitists, would be elitists and some downright evil NWO types who’s pedigrees stretch back decades.

Mostly they play the ‘DC Beltway consultancy game’ but they have some really bad news hidden agendas in their closets, that get shown in the real world as spleen vents when their world view is challenged.

Nice to see their frothings!

145 | July 12, 2017 10:35 pm

I’m about 90% certain that she was a plant working for the Dems, anyway.

146 | July 12, 2017 10:36 pm

My DNA analysis came back.

I’m adopted.

I’m a freaking Valkyrie.

That’s you in the dark blue isn’t it at 1 min 27 secs

I thought I recognised the voice!

HEH!

147 | July 12, 2017 10:43 pm

that shows up whenever you’re about.

only when I’m pissed.

actually, there appears to be SOME connection. She’s not flitting around contacting campaign orgs w/o some kind of ok from Putin. That’s not a common-sense scenario.

The Council for Foreign Relations

Oh, the CFR is a known POS, self-satisfied, smug org and has been forever. They’re a bunch of academics who write books they think actually have some influence on policy and therefore they run the world. I had an altercation with one of these geniuses years ago about climate change. This was after the East Anglia emails were leaked. Included in those leaks was little snippet of code that showed they cooked the tree ring data. I was a software developer for 30 years, I could read the damn code. Besides the fact that Keith Briffa’s email explicitly stated he had cherry picked the tree ring data before it was even massaged by the fraudulent code.

Yeah, by the time I got done with that little pajama boy, he didn’t know whether to shit or go blind.

148 | July 12, 2017 10:45 pm

That’s you in the dark blue isn’t it at 1 min 27 secs

they sound like panicked birds calling to each other

149 | July 12, 2017 10:48 pm

I’m about 90% certain that she was a plant working for the Dems, anyway.

well, Loretta Lynch’s DOJ apparently granted her a ‘special’ visa after it had been denied. I have no idea why it was denied in the first place, but SOMEBODY must have thought she’s a dodgy character.

150 | July 12, 2017 10:54 pm

That’s you in the dark blue isn’t it at 1 min 27 secs

they sound like panicked birds calling to each other

I think the Valkyries were a tad worried that Odin their War-Father was pissed and headed their way!

…. and know what daddy is like when he is pissed!

Silly Brunhild had dropped them all in it by giving Sigfreid’s beloved a lift!

151 | July 12, 2017 11:06 pm

bookmark this link. It’s a very clear, complete explanation of what is and is not legal written by a real, honest-to-god lawyer and legal scholar, Eugene Volokh

Limiting candidates’ ability to expose their opponents’ misbehavior would violate the First Amendment, and no interest in “barring foreign interference” could justify such a restriction. Indeed, denying candidates this right to get such information and convey it to voters would itself interfere with “the right of the American people themselves to decide who our elected officials and representatives are.”

152 | July 12, 2017 11:12 pm

Silly Brunhild

she always was a bitch. False accusations of rape, child killer. nobody misses her.

I’m off to read more Silva before I fall asleep. nite.

152. 153 | July 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Bah… Farmer Andrew is still in the hospital (injured his finger pretty seriously the other day, industrial accident with a grinder) So.. Now I am taking care of his prized poultry. 2 Chickens, 3 ducks a 2 geese. One of the ducks looks just like the Aflac duck. So, obviously we call it.. Aflac, man does that duck complain… like seriously, a lot.

Farmer Andrew should be ok, mostly. Gonna have problems with his right index finger for quiet a while. He’s not going to lose it, but its going to be limited in its functionality, maybe for the rest of his life.

154 | July 12, 2017 11:59 pm

Sorry to hear that.

155 | July 13, 2017 12:44 am

Too late for anyone to see this, but my truck got broken into last night or the night before and thoroughly looted. Only the front though, they left my tools and jack alone. I’m so pissed I can’t even think straight right now. I would just shoot the sob cold right now if he was in front of me. The damn police are being pretty worthless too. (Though I know from experience helping my father when his truck was robbed, that the police keep everything they recover and never return it. So, they’re just as bad as the crooks.)

155. 156 | July 13, 2017 8:16 am

That sucks. We’ve found some property on our yard a couple times. Turned it over to the cops and after 30 days we were able to claim it as ours.

Opinion column by a lawyer at UCLA School of Law over this Trump Jr story. http://tinyurl.com/ybgh2n5l

157 | July 13, 2017 9:52 am

crimeny. lemme guess. no insurance.

Bonnie is in the hospital again. She woke up this morning, refused breakfast and – started vomiting blood. She’s in pain and they admitted her.

My poor little girl. My even poorer, even little-er bank account.

*sigh*

I haven’t even showered. have to get my butt in gear.

Oh, I figured out the Valkyrie thing. The Vikings were great slavers and they ruled Ireland from about the 9th Century thru – I dunno – about 400 years or so I think.

gotta go.

157. 158 | July 13, 2017 10:02 am

Cruz’s speech patterns are those like you hear in trial summation and oral argument. Every time I hear him speak, I picture 12 people in a box or 9 judges on a dias.

I am disappointed Trump didn’t appoint Cruz Attorney General. He would have fit the role well, wouldn’t have had to recuse himself over Beastie and her emails. And he sure as sh*t wouldn’t have appointed that partisan hack Mueller to be the special prosecutor.

158. 159 | July 13, 2017 10:08 am

I’m about 90% certain that she was a plant working for the Dems, anyway.

Indeed – and the visa I believe was granted about a week or so before the meeting, wasn’t it? Everything about this smells like a set-up. Don Jr. is right when he says that in hindsight, he should have handled it differently but the fact remains is that he did.nothing.wrong. Period.

And as for those who said that if he got incriminating information on Hillary (which he DIDN’T), he should have turned it over to the Justice Department or the FBI. This would be the same Justice Department / FBI that was covering up Hillary’s misdeeds and criminal acts? THAT Justice Department and FBI?

Oh, and as it turns out, it appears the emails came to light because Jared Kushner’s legal team was updating his security information and produced the emails. To the FBI. It’s very probable that it was the FBI that leaked these emails to the press.

The level of corruption here is disgusting.

160 | July 13, 2017 10:32 am

I would hold off before I bought into that one. First, the base line source seems to be the NYT, nuff said. Second, the media as a whole has been trying to gin up this story about ‘camps’ in the WH at each other’s throats, first it was Bannon (remember when he was on his way out?) – so this just may be another attempt to sow a split – or a seeming split -within the family. The would love to see a war w/in the family. Lately I’ve been reading that Jared is not the sharpest tool in the shed and that daddy got him into Harvard w/ a $2mil contribution. True? Dunno. But it’s odd that admins from his very private school would talk even anonymously about his less than stellar grades. That’s not a smart move if you live off trust fund babies and their daddies who write the checks.

160. 161 | July 13, 2017 11:01 am

I have a healthy skepticism of everything these days.

So Harvard admins are spilling the beans on Kushner? Spot on that this won’t sit well with the monied alums with their less than brilliant offspring hoping to grace the halls of Cambridge.

I think Harvard’s highly overrated anyway. But then my mother’s family is from New Haven.

162 | July 13, 2017 11:04 am

So Harvard admins are spilling the beans on Kushner?

no the admins from his private high school. Fistch? Something like that.

162. 163 | July 13, 2017 11:07 am

After all the sturm and drang of the last few days, I thought I’d post a link to Twitchy, where our ol’ buddy Iowahawk, through a series of Tweets, gives the HuffPo “journalist” pointers for their announced tour through “Middle America.”

They were probably shocked to find out they didn’t need to apply for visas.

164 | July 13, 2017 11:08 am

Dem Senator: Trump, Jr. Could Face Prison Time

A Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee said that Donald Trump Jr. may face prison time if he is criminally charged and convicted for his communication with a Russian lawyer who offered opposition research on the Clinton campaign last year.

“These emails are textbook evidence of criminal intent. It is a bombshell for this investigation because the most difficult element of any crime is criminal intent to prove, and it will lead to numerous other avenues of investigation and probably indicates many other meetings,” Connecticut Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal told The Daily Caller Wednesday.

“If he is charged and convicted, there certainly is potential for criminal prison time,” added Blumenthal, the former attorney general of his home state.

Umm…wouldn’t there have to be some actual criminal act intended? The only “intent” I see proven is the release of dirt on Hillary Clinton. Last time i checked, that wasn’t a crime.

165 | July 13, 2017 11:36 am

Alyson Camerota interviewed him this morning. “What’s the name of the crime?”

He rolled out a bunch of statute codes (why is 18 always in there?) – had no idea what any of them meant.

He want to Yale Law. He DID NOT go to Vietnam

166 | July 13, 2017 11:44 am

Title 18 is the section of the US Code that covers crimes and criminal procedure

166. 167 | July 13, 2017 11:53 am

Blumenthal? The fake Vietnam War Veteran?
      I’d love to ask this clown what part of the US Code Trump Jr. violated.

Levin had Rowan Scarborough of the Washington Times on as a guest on last night that laid out the collusion of the Democrat party regarding the instigation, procurement, etc. of that “Golden Showers Dossier” that was so widely circulated. I need to go back and maybe find the salient points.

Sure would be nice if the Republicans in Congress would develop a spine and start making noise about this. But with Mitch “Turkeyneck” McConnell in charge, he’ll probably ask Schmucky Schumer what to do.

168 | July 13, 2017 11:59 am

Seattle Councilman: Cleaning Poop Off Sidewalks Is Racist

A Seattle, Wash., councilman implied that a new effort to clean excrement off the side walk outside the local courthouse could be racist Tuesday.

The crime and smell of urine and excrement have gotten so bad outside a King County courthouse that two judges are scrambling to find ways to fix the situation, reports the Seattle Times.

Seattle councilmember Larry Gossett isn’t a fan of one solution to power wash the feces from the sidewalks to tamp down on the smell. Power washing the sidewalks is too reminiscent of civil rights activists being hosed down, he said.

169 | July 13, 2017 12:06 pm

their announced tour through “Middle America.”

A million dollars? no wonder huffpo never turns a profit

171 | July 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Cruz would have been a good pick for AG. He would also be a great pick for SCOTUS.

170. 172 | July 13, 2017 2:44 pm

At some point the SJW’s have become parodies of themselves.
      DeRayngned McKesson was claiming that the new Planet of the Ape Movie, for instance, was mocking him and his signature (dumbass) blue puffy vest when one of the characters was wearing same.

When it was pointed out the the narcissic nimrod that the ORIGINAL movie had Apes wearing blue vests, he said that “Hollywood” had contacted him and tried to soothe his ruffled feathers so he was okay with it. You know, rather than admit that he was an over-reacting asshole.

Oh yes… and in her eagerness to to after Trump, that bastion of brilliance Joy Reid went to a NAZI website for material, and then quickly deleted it when the same was pointed out to her. But as we all know, the internet and Twitchy is forever….

173 | July 13, 2017 2:50 pm

crimeny. lemme guess. no insurance.

My poor little girl. My even poorer, even little-er bank account.

*sigh*

I haven’t even showered. have to get my butt in gear.

gotta go.

I’ve always got insurance, just never the right kind.

172. 174 | July 13, 2017 4:07 pm

The more we’re learning about this Russian babe (Rush calls her the “Honeypot”) the more and more I’m becoming convinced that Don Jr. was being completely set up. For what, I don’t know, since no one was even hinting at so-called Russian collusion and conventional wisdom at the time was that Beastie was going to win in a landslide.

173. 175 | July 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Counter intelligence opp, Clinton/Obama were fishing to see what kind of dirt the Trump campaign had on Hillary.

Heh heh heh, “Honeypot” is a old cold-war reference to Soviet/KGB intelligence gathering tactic of sending a very attractive innocent appearing young woman into the life of a potential intelligence target who would then manufacture a very serious compromising situation with said target an Uncle Vanya would then blackmail said target.

176 | July 13, 2017 8:18 pm

So there’s this congress critter on Tucker yelling that RT tried to interfere in our elections by airing false stories and THEY MUST BE PUNISHED.

I wonder if he has any idea that not a little of the CIA’s budget goes toward promulgating stories that are not just favorable to the U.S. – see the VOA – but funds half the anti-commie periodicals in south america etc. I mean, this is SOP in the intelligence world, it’s hardly news.

178 | July 13, 2017 11:27 pm

There’s this very interesting twitter thread. Did you catch the recent news that analysis shows the DNC files were not hacked from the outside because the transfer rate was too slow? They think it had to have been via USB stick(s).

Well, back in March, Kim DotCom tweeted:

Russians didn’t do it. Stick support & DNC files came from Democratic Party insider. He was disgusted by Hillary. He did the world a favor.

So HE knew it was a stick. Seth Rich was hardly a Dem Party insider.

bedtime. nite.