• Birthday Season Open

Filed under Open thread at July 26th, 2017 - 8:41 am

I’m headed north for birthday season, so there will be two open threads. If anyone wants to post something, feel free. I’ll be checking in as well.

Comments

93 Responses to “Birthday Season Open”

1 | July 26, 2017 9:34 am

Mattis moves to refocus military training on ‘warfighting,’ after complaints on ‘senseless’ exercises

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis wants to overhaul military education and training to “regain” the art of warfighting following complaints by thousands of servicemembers that their time is being wasted by hours of mandatory training, according to a new memo obtained by Fox News.

The training that is the subject of complaints covers everything from alcohol use to active shooters to sexual harassment to stress management.

Addressing the service secretaries and chiefs of the Armed Forces, Mattis has ordered the formation of a new working group to “determine changes to military personnel policies” to “equip more ready and lethal forces.” The working group will include the second in command of each branch of the U.S. military and report to the deputy secretary of defense and vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The secretary wants each service to examine its military education to “regain a concentration on the art and science of warfighting” and look into the hours of “mandatory force training that does not directly support core tasks” such as flying jets, jumping out of planes, and hundreds of other U.S. military missions essential to defending the United States and its allies.

And then this:

Trump announces ban on transgender individuals serving in military

President Trump tweeted Wednesday that the U.S. government will not allow transgender individuals “to serve in any capacity in the U.S. military.”

In a series of tweets, he wrote:

“After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow…Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military. Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming..victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you.”

I’d call that a good start…

2 | July 26, 2017 10:36 am

I’d call that a good start…

I was in the car stopped at a light, driver side window down when this came over the radio. I busted a gut laughing and then stopped myself because there were, actually people on either side of my car in their own cars. I looked around and on both sides, they were laughing too, and giving ‘thumbs up’.

Then the light turned green.

Haven’t had a chance to look at CNN, I’m just going to assume they’re in meltdown

3. 3 | July 26, 2017 11:38 am

Of course they are. I’m swimming against the tide, especially considering my current location, but I do NOT buy this “transgender” or “questioning” business. I consider it a mental disorder, where the subject has an pervasive and overwhelming identification with the opposite sex. You may feel like a man/woman inside but your effing CHROMOSOMES say otherwise.

And the fact that doctors have embraced the mutilation of individuals to further this deception is astounding. The left likes Nazi analogies, so picture this – imagine what we would have thought in 1945 if we’d discovered that Dr. Mengele was systematically transforming women into men or vice versa.

4. 4 | July 26, 2017 11:39 am

And eagles – wanted to ask how you were holding up.

5 | July 26, 2017 12:12 pm

hey y’all

you know your old when pain becomes a way of life

6. 6 | July 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Growing old is NOT for sissies.

I see where Schmucky Schumer is telling Trump not to bully Sessions. Yeah, this would be the same Jeff Sessions BULLIED by the Democrats and called unfit for the office six months ago.

Walking turds, the lot of them.

7 | July 26, 2017 12:17 pm

now now, no need to insult turds, at least poop can have a useful purpose

8 | July 26, 2017 12:17 pm

I will stipulate that it’s possible we don’t know everything there is to know about gender and chromosomes, etc. I was taught that blue-eyed parents could have only blue-eyed children. Then I met some blue-eyed parents with brown-eyed children. So. And, the bottom line is that as long as what goes on is between consenting human adults in a private setting, I really don’t give a rat’s ass.

But there is NO societal obligation to jeopardize national security on any grounds. And I include in that women in most combat positions (I’m not sure about women in aviation).

As for me, I’m ok. I’m concentrating on making sure Willow is having as happy a life as I can figure out. Another dog is out of the question for a lot of reasons, not least of which is that Bonnie broke us financially, pet insurance notwithstanding. I just miss her. The house is really quiet.

9 | July 26, 2017 12:19 pm

The legal examples of DOJ weaponization extend from “Fast and Furious” gun running ops to the targeting of the manufacturer of Gibson Guitar, and to legal cases involving local police departments like Ferguson Missouri, Baltimore Maryland and individuals like George Zimmerman. These are only a few examples; there are many more.

Attorneys’ General Loretta Lynch and Eric Holder did not participate in these examples alone. Under their guidance there exists a myriad of corrupt officials, black hats within the DOJ, who participated in all aspects of the weaponization and the outcomes therein.

This underlying corrupt architecture is what Jeff Sessions is choosing to ignore. This is the source of Trump’s frustration and disappointment. These deep state black hats within the DOJ are transparently not being confronted; meanwhile AG Sessions is running around the country with Rod Rosenstein holding pressers and proclaiming victories

10 | July 26, 2017 12:24 pm

hey y’all

you know your old when pain becomes a way of life

Yeah, no. I have a decade or 2 on you and don’t you even think about putting up with that crap. Nothing will age you faster than the pain cycle, which involves fatigue. Whatever is going on, label it the enemy right now and figure out how to kill it.

11 | July 26, 2017 12:27 pm

I think he just announced – or is going to announce – investigation into leaks.

Sessions is doing well on the immigration front, but that’s about it as far as I can tell. Pot and civil asset forfeiture are respectively, bullshit and tyranny.

12 | July 26, 2017 12:47 pm

I have a question. Who is Jeff Sessions’ boss? I guess the question is who does the Attorney General report to? POTUS?

13 | July 26, 2017 12:48 pm

yeah, working on that
      sciatica hurts like a bitch
      working on getting an apt with a specialist
      having to work while broken SUCKS

need meds stat

14 | July 26, 2017 12:50 pm

yup
      AG reports to POTUS

15 | July 26, 2017 12:57 pm

sciatica hurts like a bitch

oh man.

16 | July 26, 2017 12:59 pm

sciatica hurts like a bitch

oh man.

oh, just remembered. I’ve known 3 people who SWEAR by acupuncture for that. FWIW.

17. 17 | July 26, 2017 1:15 pm

I had a friend who used it when she had sciatic nerve problems when pregnant and she said it worked like a charm.

And as far as the AG goes, I think the phrase is “I serve at the Pleasure of the President” so some such, so yes I think POTUS. But Rush pointed it out yesterday, if Trump should be getting mad at anyone, it should be the Deputy AG who appointed Mueller and didn’t set parameters for the investigation. He also thinks this investigation is nothing more than an opportunity for the Dems to get some Opposition Research on the taxpayer dime and especially to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns.

A caller said something I thought interesting so I’m going to throw it out there. He said Trump definitely needs to fire Mueller but before he does it he should do a national address outlining the valid reasons for doing so and not do it through a series of Tweets. I thought it was an excellent idea and I’d be curious to see what my “comrades” here think.

18. 18 | July 26, 2017 1:18 pm

I think the fastest way for Obamacare to be repealed is to force Congress to put themselves and their staffs ON it.

19. 19 | July 26, 2017 1:39 pm

Congress slum with the peons? Never happen.

20. 20 | July 26, 2017 2:48 pm

Looks like that Fusion GPS founder is not running out of the country after all:

He’s agreeing to an “interview” so not under oath? I would love it if he “came clean” and paraded into that interview with scores of emails from Debbie Blabbermouth and the Beastie asking him to make up sh*t about Trump (hence the dossier). I have a feeling a lot of the crap with the ITA guy is related to this. A hunch for sure, I base it only on the tingling in my pinky toe.

Also would be interested to see if Assange has been holding anything back.

And DAMMIT Grassley, if there is incendiary stuff about the Democrats please DON’T let Feinstein talk you into suppressing it and “playing nice.” These dirtbags and their media overlords have been staging a coup against this President since November 9th. Stiffen the spine and take it to them.

21. 21 | July 26, 2017 2:59 pm

Of course it’s manure. Someone identifying as a man when they’re a woman is just as in need of help as someone who thinks they’re Napoleon.

22. 22 | July 26, 2017 3:52 pm

That’s not to say that eagles didn’t have a salient point above regarding chromosomal effects. Except to my knowledge no such empirical research has been done. In point of fact, there has been no research done with respect to homosexuals, who claim they were “born this way.” I’m not disputing it but I’d like to see some evidence that it’s nature, not nurture.

I have no problem if people want to be gay, or trans, or anything else. But I’m sick of disrupting societal norms so that they can call themselves “mainstream.”

23. 23 | July 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Another crap thing about growing old…
      I had a terrific “Cobb” sandwich for lunch and now all I want is a nap…

24 | July 26, 2017 7:40 pm

Leaving aside all the potential disruptions to the unit, there is no way that “transgender” people can fully serve in the military. Anyone who requires regular hormone treatments in order to maintain the fiction that they’ve transformed themselves into the opposite sex is not deployable for medical reasons.

Anyone who’s not deployable shouldn’t be in uniform.

25 | July 26, 2017 7:50 pm

I consider this an act of war. The signatories to the Paris agreement don’t have the right to change the planet.

Scientists dim sunlight, suck up carbon dioxide to cool planet

26 | July 26, 2017 7:54 pm

That’s exactly what it is.

27 | July 26, 2017 8:07 pm

The most interesting part of that article to me was the way it was written as though everything in it was absolutely factual. Nothing about “scientists claim,” or “computer models predict.” It’s all just stated as fact.

These are the same people who will refer to a criminal who was caught in the act on HD video as “alleged.”

28 | July 26, 2017 8:11 pm

The most interesting predictable part of that article

29 | July 26, 2017 8:16 pm

Scientists dim sunlight, suck up carbon dioxide to cool planet

This is insanity. During warming periods people are healthy and live longer.

30 | July 26, 2017 8:22 pm

This is insanity. During warming periods people are healthy and live longer.

Well, we already know that they want to kill off 95% of humanity, so at least it’s consistent

31 | July 26, 2017 8:24 pm

This is insanity. During warming periods people are healthy and live longer.

I forgot that, humans are ruining the planet, Soylent Green is people , or something.

32 | July 26, 2017 8:24 pm

tell ya what. They want to cool the planet? Fine. How about a nuclear winter? It takes care of their ‘overpopulation’ problem too. Where should we target?

33. 33 | July 26, 2017 8:40 pm

Okay, and there are at least possibly some people who do have some kind of genetic hodgepodge that ‘makes’ them the opposite gender. There’s no way on earth I’ll believe the number of people claiming they’re what they aren’t is from genetics though.

34 | July 26, 2017 9:04 pm

I just applied for information to join the navy. Special warfare/special operations.

Specifically SEAL

If I get refused I am going to join the class action anti-discriminatory lawsuit that the transgenders file if they do.

Hey I am nearly sixty but I wanna be a SEAL!

Why can’t I be one????

35 | July 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Hey, I want to be a power forward in the NBA. So I’m a white guy with a one inch vertical leap.
      They are discriminating against a person of color. Hey, white is a color.

36 | July 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Eagle, that is pure genius.

37 | July 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Too much work.

I want to be a Lefty starting pitcher.

38 | July 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Actually that was one of their “sun dimming” plans. They wanted to explode nukes at the poles to throw up “material” to block the suns rays. That was their genius plan about five years ago.

39 | July 26, 2017 9:31 pm

It seems odd that not that many years ago it was determined about .2 percent of the population was “gay”. Now, they are trying to push that number up into double digits. Hell, if you watch television you’d be convinced that it’s around 20% (basing that off of lgbtqiaxyz representation on popular media. Television, movies, comics, video games, magazines, books, etc.)

40 | July 26, 2017 9:45 pm

Pot and civil asset forfeiture are respectively, bullshit and tyranny.

Given all of the other issues in the DOJ, it struck me as very strange that he chose that as a hill to which to lay siege

41 | July 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Too much work.

I want to be a Lefty starting pitcher.

e
      How about a closer? Not much work at all.

42 | July 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Possum wrote:

Why can’t I be one????

cuz possums can’t be seals, dummy

That was their genius plan about five years ago.

yeah, but mine takes care of the overpopulation problem.

I think the number for trans I heard on Rush today is .3%. That’s what, about 900K people? Yeah, that’s bull.

My guess is that in about a generation, this passes because it’s simply not sustainable socially. Nobody believes this crap and the whack jobs that keep trying to politicize it will age into decrepit humans that no one wants to emulate.

43 | July 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Possum wrote:

Why can’t I be one????

cuz possums can’t be seals, dummy

That was their genius plan about five years ago.

yeah, but mine takes care of the overpopulation problem.

The whole gay thing is a social thing. When I was growing up there were people you KNEW were going to be gay. It was in their behaviors and mannerisms. (Hell my parents thought I was, just due to my perceived lack of interest in women, which was just my crippling social anxiety). But, now it’s “the thing to do”. It fills many peoples need to “be a victim”, and they feel like they are part of an exclusive club. I’ve gotten to the point that I ridicule people on TV every time I hear them start the “when I came out to my parents, they rejected me”. Amazing, but somehow every single gay contestant on any show has to ANNOUNCE that they are gay and give their gay sob story. I’m sick of it, I don’t walk around announcing that I’m a proud heterosexual. Though I think I should.

A joke.

A guy in a movie theater calls out, “Is there a doctor in the house?”. From the crowd he hears “I’m a lesbian!”. “I’m Vegan!”

44 | July 26, 2017 10:17 pm

The only way you can tell that’s a joke is that with ticket prices what they are, on-demand, netflix and amazon, there’s no longer any such thing as a crowd in a theater.

off to read. nite.

45 | July 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Scientists dim sunlight, suck up carbon dioxide to cool planet

These anti-humanists are gagging for a mini-ice age to kill off some more of those pesky voters Human beingsummmm errrrr human virus infecting the goddess Gaia.

SPIT

46 | July 26, 2017 11:15 pm

off to read. nite.

G’nite eagles

47. 47 | July 26, 2017 11:38 pm

Yeah, they’ve been pushing the 10% number for a long time. IIRC that’s based on Kinsey’s ‘research’, which counted anyone who’d ever had a homosexual experience as ‘gay’, and also relied heavily on prisoners.

48 | July 26, 2017 11:42 pm

Plus Kinsey was pretty twisted himself.

49 | July 26, 2017 11:59 pm

So, where I work there was a person who had gone through the operation. It was not a pretty sight. A “chick” with a beer belly and receding hairline is not attractive. I always thought that if anyone was considering doing that, they should have to talk to this person first to see how things would look 20 years down the road.

/lots of medical problems as well. Eventually had to retire because of them

50 | July 27, 2017 4:32 am

I tried to tell our nevertrumpers that he’ll win in OH, PA, MI…but what do i know.

51 | July 27, 2017 5:34 am

You’re up early , good morning. To your point about the never Trumpers, I visited one of their blogs last night.
      They are having a group orgasim over Trumps low approval rating, they don’t care that Democrats are over-sampled.
      One woman was complaining about Trump being insulting , and then proceeded to call him a “Retarded, Orange, Baboon” Can’t make this stuff up.

52 | July 27, 2017 6:14 am

the girl is having a blast as a service camper, working her butt off.

from what the staff told me, she already has a rep as being the go-to girl when they need things done

proud daddy

59 | July 27, 2017 7:00 am

Total CNN and MSNBC Blackout of Arrest of IT Guy Continues;

61 | July 27, 2017 8:07 am

Wasserman Schultz’s brother, Steven Wasserman, is the Assistant US Attorney at the Attorney’s office for the District of Columbia. Questions are arising whether Steven has played a part in burying the Seth Rich case in DC

62 | July 27, 2017 8:12 am

I blame Trump for this. He has created an atmosphere where a peacefull Muslim can be arrested for bank fraud.
      The guy just wanted to serve Allah.g

63 | July 27, 2017 9:26 am

SHOCK: Scaramucci ALREADY REPORTED Reince Priebus to FBI For Leaking His Financial Disclosure!

According to reporter Ryan Lizza from The New Yorker, Scaramucci wants FBI, DOJ to investigate Reince Priebus for leaking his Financial disclosure!

65 | July 27, 2017 10:31 am

That’s too bad. It’s publicly available on a gov’t website.

66 | July 27, 2017 5:06 pm

sciatica hurts like a bitch

oh man.

Whatever works for you eagles, is my plan. I don’t care how ‘out there stuff is’ as long as it works. I must say that being fit is a great place to begin however. That and eating right. And no I’m not a food nazi. I love chocolate but only eat ‘not quite so good for you’ stuff in moderation, and as far as chocolate goes 80% bitter chocolate at that. No ‘wearing’ type exercise either like jogging either. Just Pilates and core strengthening sets plus a once every 7 days HIIT training (High Intensity Interval Training). 12 minutes of sheer bloody agony but done super s-l-o-w and with very heavy weights (75-80% of the max I can lift once). Lift 12-15 seconds up and 12-15 seconds down with 4 reps and make sure you enter total muscle failure on the fifth rep. And hold it in deep failure going up and fight it all the way down for the full time in failure. That and a bit of hill walking (all uphill at the max slope) on the treadmill a few times a week.

That’s it. Your blood chemistry changes to metabolise glucose much better and the 23 step energy reaping cascade at cellular level goes back to its maker’s setting. All of the cellular studies have the backing of two large studies by first tier UK universities. This stuff actually works. You need stickability to do what is necessary with your body or a gym trainer who shouts at you like General Patton to force your body to comply. I’m so bloody minded that I just insist that my body does what I’m telling it to do and other than the odd gym instructor to critique my exercise ‘form’ to prevent injury I now just do my own thing once a week.

If you want details eagles let me know

67 | July 27, 2017 5:13 pm

The Never Trumpers were in ‘it’s same old same old’ territory and failed to observe that a new node in public perception had been hit and things were ‘different’ this time. Many folks can’t see the wood from the trees sometimes and when they find themselves in the wood they can’t rationalise that because it goes against their world view.

The delusion is strong in the Never Trumpers. Objectivity, especially in politics is a rare and valuable resource.

68 | July 27, 2017 5:25 pm

It’s been 11 days since Mohamed Noor shot and killed Justine Damond, and he still hasn’t explained why he did it. Now we have another question the Minneapolis Police Department needs to answer.

Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension investigators were granted permission to search Justine Damond’s home hours after she was shot and killed by a Minneapolis police officer, according to court records…
      “I don’t understand why they’re looking for bodily fluids inside her home,” said Joseph Daly, an emeritus professor at Mitchell Hamline School of Law, referring to one of two recently-released search warrant applications.
      “Whose bodily fluids are they looking for? Is she a suspect? I don’t understand why they’re looking for controlled substances inside her home. I don’t understand why they’re looking for writings inside her home. The warrant does not explain that to me.”

A cynical mind might assume that the police, having just killed an unarmed, pajama-clad woman right outside her home after she called 911 to report a possible rape, were searching her house to find something they could use to claim it was justified. Presumably they didn’t find anything, or we would’ve heard about it by now.
      Prof. Daly says this development could cause “an international incident.” I think it probably should. A lot of Australians want to know why this woman is dead. They want to know what the authorities are doing about it. So far, the answer is: worse than nothing.
      And now they’re saying that Damond “slapped” the police car just before Noor shot her. Well, that explains it, right?
      Here’s another question: Why is Mohamed Noor still getting a paycheck? The chief of police has already been ousted over this, but Noor is still on “paid leave,” AKA taxpayer-funded vacation. Good work if you can get it.
      Oh wait, nevermind. I’m just being silly. The “explanatory journalists” at Vox have this whole thing all figured out:

70 | July 27, 2017 5:38 pm

This makes for an extremely interesting read……
      I never knew pigs were in most products!
      Percy the pig

(English) pig = (Arabic) خنزير

Every Muslim who has ever handled TNT, Nitro, Bullets, High Explosive Bombs, Rocket Launchers or been
      treated for cuts injury requiring stitches, or taken antibiotics, or Vitamin Capsules, has been contaminated with Pig Products.

The ironical part is that when a Suicide Bomber blows himself, up his body parts are impregnated with
      Gelatine and Glycerine from the explosive.
      Both Gelatine and Glycerine are manufactured from Pigs worldwide.. Ergo, they will never be accepted by Allah.

Some makers of cigarettes use hemoglobin from pig’s blood in their filters.
      Apparently this element works as a sort of ‘artificial lung’ in the cigarette so, they claim,
      ‘harmful reactions take place before the chemicals reach the user’,
      (enter the Pig.)

Pig bone gelatine is used to help transport gunpowder or cordite into the bullet.
      Insulin, the blood-thinning drug heparin and pig heart valves all vital.
      The complex workings of the global food and processing industry have ensured that it is impossible to avoid pig altogether.

Pig product goes into liquorice and many other products.
      n this process, collagen is taken from the pig and is then converted into gelatine.
      This finds its way into numerous foodstuffs, where it acts as a gelling agent.

A number of medicines also contain pig gelatine – everything from painkillers to multivitamins.
      Fatty acids extracted from the bone fat of pigs are used in shampoos and conditioners to give them their shiny, pearl-like appearance. These acids can also be found in a number of body lotions, foundations and anti-wrinkle creams.
      Glycerine made from pork fat is an ingredient in many types of toothpaste.

There is no legal obligation for manufacturers to specify whether the gelatine they use is from a pig or another animal.
      When it is specified, it is often confusingly referred to as Suilline gelatine.

So to all prospective Suicide Bombers, ISIS and innocent, good Muslims,
      I say,
      “Have a Nice Day”
      from
      “Percy”
      the wonderful Pig.

Who knew!

71 | July 27, 2017 5:50 pm

If you want details eagles let me know

oh, not me, I’m fine. It’s rain who has the sciatica. Me, I’m just a little old broad with an attitude

Sara Carter of Circa – she deserves a Pulitzer but will never see it – reports that they just may have an FBI leaker. And this is really sad. The guy looks like he’s been a superb agent and he stooped to this.

FBI General Counsel James A. Baker is purportedly under a Department of Justice criminal investigation for allegedly leaking classified national security information to the media
      []
      Baker is a close confidant of former FBI Director James Comey, and recent media reports suggested he was reportedly advising the then-FBI director on legal matters following private meetings the former director had in February with President Trump in the Oval Office.

72 | July 27, 2017 5:55 pm

This broke about an hour ago. Ryan Lizza of New Yorker mag got an unsolicited call from Scaramucci and he just UNLOADS. Unfortunately, Scaramucci forgot to request ‘background’ or ‘off the record’ status.

“Reince is a fucking paranoid schizophrenic, a paranoiac,” Scaramucci said. He channelled Priebus as he spoke: “ ‘Oh, Bill Shine is coming in. Let me leak the fucking thing and see if I can cock-block these people the way I cock-blocked Scaramucci for six months.’ ” (Priebus did not respond to a request for comment.)

Scaramucci was particularly incensed by a Politico report about his financial-disclosure form, which he viewed as an illegal act of retaliation by Priebus. The reporter said Thursday morning that the document was publicly available and she had obtained it from the Export-Import Bank. Scaramucci didn’t know this at the time, and he insisted to me that Priebus had leaked the document, and that the act was “a felony.”

“I’ve called the F.B.I. and the Department of Justice,” he told me.

hoo boy howdy

more at the link

74 | July 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I want somebody to go back thru everything Glenn Simpson wrote for the WSJ and do a forensic analysis. This guy is a pig and that kind of metamorphasis doesn’t happen overnight

75 | July 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Yup.

The tentacles of the corruption go both wide and deep and appear to penetrate to the very core of what we know as the USA

76 | July 27, 2017 6:35 pm

Imran Awan Case Needs Special Counsel 100X More than Russiagate

By Roger L Simon July 26, 2017
      chat 37 comments

Whether it’s Mohammed becoming the most popular baby name , or one in 10 babies in England being Muslim or the fact that halal meat is being served in Pizza Hut , a Muslim story always tends to generate more heat than light. Indeed, Islamophobia is often perpetuated by fear and a sense that Muslims are taking over our jobs, our homes and our lives, thus leading to a polarizing society and the so-called clash of civilizations.

Those words are the lede of a December 2014 opinion piece for CNN entitled “The Muslims Are Coming!’ Why Islamophobia is so dangerous.”
      To the embarrassment, more accurately the humiliation, of CNN, Deborah Wasserman Schultz, Nancy Pelosi, not to mention dozens of Democratic congressmen and women — all of whom used the article’s writer for IT help for their government computers — the author, Pakistani-born Imran Awan was arrested Tuesday by the FBI at Dulles Airport for alleged bank fraud. He was trying to flee the country for Qatar. (Yes, that Qatar !)

But that’s just what the shrinks call “the presenting complaint.” There may be a lot more to it — a whole lot more.

At best, Awan is a fraudster who, working with his family, bilked the U.S. taxpayers out of over four million in IT fees and overpriced computer equipment. At worst he’s an agent of Pakistan’s ISI in league with Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, or even ISIS. There are other possibilities in between that are also of a frightening nature, including (although more remote) the mysterious death of Seth Rich.

Hello, what?

To take the worst first, for those who do not know the ISI, if you Google “Which intelligence service is the best in the world ?” Pakistan’s ISI is number one, followed by India’s RAW, Israel’s Mossad, the CIA, and MI6. Russia’s FSB doesn’t make the cut. More on the ISI:

After fall of the Soviet Union, the ISI provided strategic support and intelligence to the Afghan Taliban against the Northern Alliance during the civil war in Afghanistan of the 1990s. [2] During more recent times, however, it has come under increasing criticism from both civilian and military circles for not having kept terrorist forces in society in check, especially against harbouring terrorists and acts against military forces, particularly those in neighbouring India. Recent political commentators and journalists, including Seymour Hersh, have noticed how dreaded terrorists like Osama Bin Laden had taken refuge close to military headquarters in Abottabad, Pakistan, and how it would be “impossible for the ISI not to know”.
      For years, Imran Awan had access to the secret data and correspondence of many House committees, including foreign affairs. What did he do with it? As I said, that’s the worst case scenario (I guess). But I don’t want to bury my own lede in a welter of ledes, so here it is:

Jeff Sessions should immediately appoint a special counsel in this case whose tentacles are so vast they reach the highest levels of our government. The FBI, working unsupervised, has already been tainted by its heavily-criticized investigation of Hillary Clinton’s emails, an investigation that actually may turn out to be related to this one. It cannot be trusted to do this by themselves. We need a special counsel.

Further, unlike Russiagate, this is an investigation that already has a crime (Awan will be arraigned August 21). It isn’t in search of one. It’s just trying to find out its extent wherever it leads. That’s what special counsels do. And in this case, Sessions should make sure that, unlike Mueller, the new special counsel picks associates on both sides of the aisle. Unlike the biased Russia investigation, this should be even-handed. We want to believe its conclusions in the end.

There are a lot of shoelaces to be tied up here. Among them:
      *Why did Debbie Wasserman Schultz keep this man in her employ right up until he was arrested Tuesday night when he has been under suspicion for months. Does he have something on her or other people?

*Why did Nancy Pelosi lie when she said she never heard of Awan? Email revealed by Wikileaks says Awan had access to Pelosi’s iPad. (Wiklileaks has never been shown to be inaccurate.)

*What is on the smashed hard drives Awan is trying to retrieve from the FBI? (Oh, those Democrats and their hard drives.)

*Why is Awan suddenly being legally represented at the highest level by Clinton ultra-loyalist Chris Gowan — a fact-checker for Bill Clinton’s memoir of all things? (They are already using the same right-wing conspiracy baloney they used in the Lewinski case.) Does this make sense if Awan’s just a low-life fraudster? Why not let him dangle?

*Just what is the relationship, if any, between the Awan case and the unsolved Seth Rich murder? Is it entirely an accident that Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s brother Steven is accused of blocking the investigation? Denials from Debbie aren’t worth much anymore.

*Where did the Wikileaks come from anyway? Was it really Russia?

That is, as they say, the tip of the proverbial iceberg. As for why Awan was chosen in the first place, well, we can look to his opinion piece from CNN quoted in the lede. If there’s anything Democrats fear, it’s being called an Islamophobe or in any way politically incorrect. Who better than someone of Pakistani origin to do your IT work? It proves just what a wonderful person you are, doesn’t it?

77 | July 27, 2017 6:39 pm

From the little I’ve actually identified as true, much of what we see in the inter web is just the tip of a very large iceberg.

If I am not mistaken we are looking at a MAJOR penetration of all levels of the US government by agents of the ISI, currently the premier intel agency in the world.

The Pakis have been busy little beavers in BOTH the UK and US.

78 | July 27, 2017 6:49 pm

I forget where I read this, but apparently Awan was $100k in debt to somebody in Hezbollah.

This is interesting.

Nobody really knows much about the Canannites. They’ve done genetic analysis and found that they are the ancestors of the current Lebanese.

Mystery of the Canaanite people is solved: DNA from ancient group mentioned in the Bible reveals they are the ancestors of modern-day people in Lebanon

80 | July 27, 2017 7:42 pm

This is all starting to look like a replay of the communist penetration of the Roosevelt administration. And for the second time it’s the dems who welcomed it with open arms.

81 | July 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Lady Gaga Accidentally Gives Support To Trump Transgender Ban

Twitter fail…

She has a great voice, but one weird chick.

82 | July 27, 2017 9:44 pm

Gelatine and Glycerine from the explosive.

Well, except that knowing who Allah really is, they aren’t gong to be “accepted”, they are going to be condemned and sent to Allah. For eternity. No punishment we can think of will match that.

83 | July 27, 2017 10:01 pm

… and for the second time, it’s not necessarily a given that the dems were not aware of what was happening but actually had their sympathies with the infiltrators.

75. 84 | July 28, 2017 12:48 am

Joke of the day:
      What’s black & doesn’t work?

Decaffeinated coffee, you racist bastard!

85 | July 28, 2017 4:17 am

This is interesting.

Hey !
      I was just looking at the exact same site!

86 | July 28, 2017 8:09 am

Hmmmm !

Something that I has only a scant idea of the scale, I knew of course about the Australian convict transportation and also the indentured immigration but I didn’t really understand the scope of the American slave trade in British slaves.

87 | July 28, 2017 8:29 am

Good morning. A blurb just on the news, we are cracking down now hard on MS13.
      This is the kicker, remember the yoots on top of boxcars just trying to get here for a better life and to enrich
      our culture? They are fresh recruits for MS13,

88 | July 28, 2017 8:47 am

A key vote to defeat the measure was cast by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who returned to the Senate this week after receiving a diagnosis of brain cancer. In an impassioned speech the day he returned, McCain had called for bipartisanship on major issues of national concern, and a return to the “regular order” of legislating by committee.
      @ Chicago Sun Times

John McCain strikes again. Ok the obligatory he is a war hero, he is. But as usual he plays a grand standing Quisling.
      He came back for this? It would have failed without him if he just stayed home, but he just had to deliver the shiv
      in the back, He objects to removing the individual and employer mandates. In other words you are all too stupid to
      know what’s good for you.
      Never get between this old fool and a camera.

80. 89 | July 28, 2017 9:19 am

Huh? Want to run that one through your turouncabulator so we can perhaps understand it? You didn’t understand the scope of i.e. the number of British slave’s held in America? My mom’s dad’s mother came here as an Irish indentured servant, is that what you are talking about?

81. 90 | July 28, 2017 9:38 am

Ok the obligatory he is a war hero, he is.

No he isn’t. His grandfather and father were Admirals. McCain graduated 98th out of 100 cadets. He should have never been allowed in a fighter.

Here’s what my old friend Col. David Hackworth (America’s most highly decorated war here) had to say about McCain. McCain was in the Hack’s opinion, a fucking traitor.

91 | July 28, 2017 11:14 am

I hope McCain is buried at Arlington. It’s close enough to my house I can just hop right over and dance on his grave.

92 | July 28, 2017 11:29 am

Gauntlet Thrown: House Judiciary Demands Special Counsel To Investigate Comey, Lynch, And Clinton

Here’s the full list of what they want covered:

1. Then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch directing Mr. Comey to mislead the American people on the nature of the Clinton investigation;

2. The shadow cast over our system of justice concerning Secretary Clinton and her involvement in mishandling classified information;

3. FBI and DOJ’s investigative decisions related to former Secretary Clinton’s email investigation, including the propriety and consequence of immunity deals given to potential Clinton co-conspirators Cheryl Mills, Heather Samuelson, John Bentel and possibly others;

4. The apparent failure of DOJ to empanel a grand jury to investigate allegations of mishandling of classified information by Hillary Clinton and her associates;

5. The Department of State and its employees’ involvement in determining which communications of Secretary Clinton’s and her associates to turn over for public scrutiny;

6. WikiLeaks disclosures concerning the Clinton Foundation and its potentially unlawful international dealings;

7. Connections between the Clinton campaign, or the Clinton Foundation, and foreign entities, including those from Russia and Ukraine;

8. Mr. Comey’s knowledge of the purchase of Uranium One by the company Rosatom, whether the approval of the sale was connected to any donations made to the Clinton Foundation, and what role Secretary Clinton played in the approval of that sale that had national security ramifications;

9. Disclosures arising from unlawful access to the Democratic National Committee’s (DNC) computer systems, including inappropriate collusion between the DNC and the Clinton campaign to undermine Senator Bernie Sanders’ presidential campaign;

10. Post-election accusations by the President that he was wiretapped by the previous Administration, and whether Mr. Comey and Ms. Lynch had any knowledge of efforts made by any federal agency to unlawfully monitor communications of then-candidate Trump or his associates;

11. Selected leaks of classified information related to the unmasking of U.S. person identities incidentally collected upon by the intelligence community, including an assessment of whether anyone in the Obama Administration, including Mr. Comey, Ms. Lynch, Ms. Susan Rice, Ms. Samantha Power, or others, had any knowledge about the “unmasking” of individuals on then candidate-Trump’s campaign team, transition team, or both;

12. Admitted leaks by Mr. Comey to Columbia University law professor, Daniel Richman, regarding conversations between Mr. Comey and President Trump, how the leaked information was purposefully released to lead to the appointment of a special counsel, and whether any classified information was included in the now infamous “Comey memos”;

13. Mr. Comey’s and the FBI’s apparent reliance on “Fusion GPS” in its investigation of the Trump campaign, including the company’s creation of a “dossier” of information about Mr. Trump, that dossier’s commission and dissemination in the months before and after the 2016 election, whether the FBI paid anyone connected to the dossier, and the intelligence sources of Fusion GPS or any person or company working for Fusion GPS and its affiliates; and

14. Any and all potential leaks originated by Mr. Comey and provide to author Michael Schmidt dating back to 1993.

93 | July 28, 2017 7:46 pm

I am only saying that because the North Viets gave him a chance to,leave and he didn’t.