• Deep State Uni-Party Pro Forma

Filed under government, Open thread, Politics at August 4th, 2017 - 9:50 am

The re-alignment and purge of the GOP can’t happen fast enough.

President Trump got some good news Thursday regarding his efforts to fill job vacancies in his administration: Nearly 70 nominees received Senate approval in one fell swoop.

But the president also received some bad news: The Senate unanimously agreed to a move designed to block Trump from making any recess appointments while the Senate takes its summer break.

The good news means that former U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas becomes the nation’s ambassador to NATO and New York Jets owner Woody Johnson becomes ambassador to Britain.

It also means Brendan Carr and Jessica Rosenworcel join the Federal Communications Commission, and Mark Andrew Green will lead the U.S. Agency for International Development, the Hill reported.

The bad news means Trump will have to wait until September if he plans to replace Attorney General Jeff Sessions or special counsel Robert Mueller.

Comments

82 Responses to “Deep State Uni-Party Pro Forma”

1. 1 | August 4, 2017 10:46 am

Translation: The Deep State Coup attempt continues unabated.

2 | August 4, 2017 11:03 am

I don’t think that’s bad news. That statement assumes that would be Trump’s intent if Congress hadn’t put the brakes on (which I’m not sure they can do, Constitutionally). There is something to be said for letting the Mueller crew show their true intent so unambiguously that public resentment for them explodes right along with Trump’s approval ratings

4. 4 | August 4, 2017 11:46 am

(which I’m not sure they can do, Constitutionally).

Since when has that ever stopped congress?

5 | August 4, 2017 12:30 pm

oh man Rush is gutting Rothenburg and his West VA tweet.

Rothenburg loved W. VA when it was represented by a Grand Kleagle of the KKK

6 | August 4, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey Martian Overload, wanted to be sure you saw this:

VA App Store

It looks like this allows you to connect w/VA team from anywhere.

Of course, if your team is bollocks………..

Thanks for that, looks pretty nice. Of course I might get to try it when my facility gets it, in ten to fifteen years. (Plus, I noticed that you are required to make an appointment to use the apps, which is going to just be the exact same problem all over again.)

7 | August 4, 2017 12:52 pm

you are required to make an appointment to use the apps,

wha??

US attorney general says four charged in crackdown on leaks

He said the suspects stood accused of unlawfully divulging classified information or concealing contacts with foreign intelligence officers.

concealing contacts? oops.

I want names, I want to see perp walks

8 | August 4, 2017 12:53 pm

The bureaucracy at the VA is infuriating. The professional staff though in my experience is excellent.
      But the support staff needs a lesson in manners, efficiency, and proper English.

9 | August 4, 2017 1:04 pm

you are required to make an appointment to use the apps,

wha??

US attorney general says four charged in crackdown on leaks

concealing contacts? oops.

I want names, I want to see perp walks

Yep, I looked it up and in order to use the app to contact your team you have to set up a doctors appointment. It takes the place of having to physically be there, with all the inconvenience of actually being there.

10 | August 4, 2017 1:07 pm

I don’t have those problems with mine as much. They are mostly polite, all speak proper english, efficiency is okay, but everything is booked so far out it’s ridiculous. Then the damn veterans choice program is a disaster screwing up all outside care, and the veterans evaluation service is just as bad. (Same people I think).

11. 11 | August 4, 2017 1:17 pm

Someone must have whispered in the little dick’s ear that being an athiest doesn’t get you electoral votes. Of course, censoring or banning conservatives on your website won’t either.

Rush was great yesterday explaining (yet AGAIN) the significance of the Statue of Liberty and what the sculpture meant – “Liberty Lighting the World” – the foot and the torch are moving FORWARD, away from New York Harbor – showing the WORLD the way to Liberty. (‘Scuse me, getting a little teary-eyed thinking about that for a sec).

12. 12 | August 4, 2017 1:19 pm

you are required to make an appointment to use the apps,

wha??

US attorney general says four charged in crackdown on leaks

concealing contacts? oops.

I want names, I want to see perp walks

I want to find out they’re a bunch of Obama holdovers who are ready and eager to trade information on the previous administration for immunity.

13. 13 | August 4, 2017 1:28 pm

Shoes are dropping all over the place today. Watch out for stilettos…

Significant from the article:

Also Comey reportedly said the FBI had no documents related to this meeting to fill a prior FOIA request. That apparently isn’t true, given this new email dump.

Which raises a red flag – how much else has Comey LIED about? What I’m liking about this is that it gives greater ammunition to the “why Comey had to go” position.

14 | August 4, 2017 2:34 pm

… as far as Mueller, nothing wrong with firing him now and waiting until, like never, to replace him. Him and the dems he rode in with.

15 | August 4, 2017 2:40 pm

oo! never thought of that one.

16 | August 4, 2017 5:28 pm

When Daniel Greenfield nails your ass to the cross, consider yourself well and truly crucified. There will be no resurrection.

Like Harvey and Watnick-Cohen, Higgins had also become too dangerous to the Obama holdovers. Harvey had assembled a list of names and a plan to dismantle the Iranian nuclear deal. Watnick-Cohen had dug into the Obama surveillance of Trump officials. And Higgins had sought to declassify Presidential Study Directive 11. PSD-11 was the secret blueprint of Obama’s support for the Muslim Brotherhood.

Pete Hoekstra, the former Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, linked PSD-11 to the rise of ISIS and called for its declassification.

Replacing Harvey is Michael Bell. When the Washington Post needed someone to badmouth Dr. Gorka, they turned to Bell: the former chancellor of the College of International Security Affairs at the National Defense University. Bell suggested that Dr. Gorka was an uneven scholar. And Dr. Gorka was accused of failing to incorporate other perspectives on Islam.

PSD-11

The once-fledgling Islamic State would never evolve from its “junior varsity” status to the Islamic terrorist hegemon that it is today without the wisdom, guidance, and support of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, a highly secretive classified document reveals.

Trump needs to declassify that ASAP

17 | August 4, 2017 5:29 pm

oops. link to Greenfield article

18 | August 4, 2017 6:03 pm

I think it would be fun if Sessions found leakers in the FBI and Mueller’s Special Counsel office.

19. 19 | August 4, 2017 6:13 pm

Oh I think there are. And now the MSM is defending McDisaster, saying there’s a right-wing plot afoot to get him dismissed. So it wouldn’t surprise me if McMaster has a hand in some of this as well. There’s reports that his behavior has been really over the top lately.

Auntie Maxie-Pad was on the View today saying she hopes MORE leaks are coming. Oh, and that she wanted Congress to impeach Putin next.

20 | August 4, 2017 6:19 pm

she wanted Congress to impeach Putin next.

I saw that clip. Between her and Pelosi older women are getting a bad name.

21 | August 4, 2017 6:22 pm

well, there is. Altho I’m not sure ‘plot’ is the right word. I think ‘concerted public exposure and flogging’ is more accurate.

22. 22 | August 4, 2017 6:31 pm

Ah yes, one does need to master the liberal dictionary.

23 | August 4, 2017 6:43 pm

fuck. I need a puppy.

24 | August 4, 2017 7:15 pm

Other vets that I talk to,here in the Chicago Area have the same issues that I see, but I am glad that at least you are not seeing that. To your point, Veterans Choice is great in theory, but using it is not the greatest.

25 | August 4, 2017 7:17 pm

Wait! Tell me that she actually said that.

26 | August 4, 2017 7:23 pm

She meant ‘Pence.’

Apparently the goal is to keep impeaching people until she gets to a Democrat (Paul Ryan.)

27 | August 4, 2017 7:25 pm

She meant ‘Pence.’

Yep, I googled it. Maxine has her intellectual cred in tact.

28 | August 4, 2017 7:56 pm

‘Everything The President Wants To Do, McMaster Opposes,’ Former NSC Officials Say

National Security Advisor H.R. McMaster is thwarting President Donald Trump’s foreign policy prescriptions, two former senior NSC officials told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“Everything the president wants to do, McMaster opposes,” a former senior official said in a wide-ranging interview. “Trump wants to get us out of Afghanistan — McMaster wants to go in. Trump wants to get us out of Syria — McMaster wants to go in. Trump wants to deal with the China issue — McMaster doesn’t. Trump wants to deal with the Islam issue — McMaster doesn’t. You know, across the board, we want to get rid of the Iran deal — McMaster doesn’t. It is incredible to watch it happening right in front of your face. Absolutely stunning.”

One former official characterized McMaster as a “sycophant” of retired Army Gen. David Petraeus.

“I know that the president isn’t a big fan of what McMaster’s doing,” the former official declared. “I don’t understand why he’s allowing a guy who is subverting his foreign policy at every turn to remain in place.” he added.

The official continued that he expects a purge of “campaign Trump” loyalists to continue with particular intensity within the next two weeks.

“I just fear there is a real creeping of status quo thinking that is taking over the place. I was upset while I was there in seeing how empowered Obama holdovers under McMaster were to essentially perpetuate Obama-era policies,” another former official told TheDCNF

29 | August 4, 2017 8:09 pm

why/how is he even there if he is so opposed to the admin? In order to undermine it? That’s a violation of his oath and the last time I checked, military types take that thing very seriously.

30 | August 4, 2017 8:13 pm

I can’t figure out why Trump hasn’t replaced him. It’s not a position that requires Senate confirmation (which is how Susan Rice got the job). He can be fired at any time.

32 | August 4, 2017 9:05 pm

I can’t figure out why Trump hasn’t replaced him.

Maybe the word ‘replace’ is the key. With who?

33 | August 4, 2017 9:12 pm

He should do it.

34 | August 4, 2017 9:48 pm

Yeah, it wound up being a disaster. An extra level of delay and bureaucracy between the vet and their care. The worst part…outside providers didn’t get paid in over a year. So, they just left the system. Thus, why I had to drive 3 hours to get my hearing evaluated for disability. And why I lost my optometrist.

34. 35 | August 4, 2017 10:35 pm

Is anyone on here a bicyclist? If so, any suggestions for head/tail lights? I’m on the short side, so any tail light would need to be horizontal.

36 | August 4, 2017 10:52 pm

“General McMaster and I are working very well together,” he said in a statement emailed to The New York Times. “He is a good man and very pro-Israel. I am grateful for the work he continues to do serving our country.”

A senior White House official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the president’s views, added that Mr. Trump has “total confidence” in his national security adviser.

37 | August 5, 2017 9:04 am

great job numbers, deficit going DOWN!, WV gov switched to gop. not tired of winning at all.

38 | August 5, 2017 9:08 am

why ws pro-israel thrown in there…odd.

39 | August 5, 2017 9:20 am

I had a similar situation and also with an optomirist. The guy was local, but the VA was just not paying.
      The provider was good about it , and asked me to contact the VA. I did and they then paid promptly.
      Surprise!

40 | August 5, 2017 9:24 am

The # Never Trump crew is dismissing any good news. The record stock market numbers? Forget that , it is misleading because it’s based on confidence. Ok, confidence in who?

40. 41 | August 5, 2017 9:34 am

If you’re renewing your state driver’s license, you’ll need either a passport or birth certificate to get a ‘RealID’ license. Without it, by October of 2020, you won’t be able to board a domestic airline flight. This is true in MOST states.

Damn it, now I need to get a copy of my birth certificate.

41. 42 | August 5, 2017 11:24 am

Damn it, now I need to get a copy of my birth certificate.

Hmmm, can’t move about the country without proof of citizenship, but can vote without it. Something here is seriously wrong.

43 | August 5, 2017 12:22 pm

Related:

Judicial Watch Warns California: 11 Counties Have More Voters than Voting-Age Citizens

Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog organization, has sent a letter to California Secretary of State Alex Padilla on behalf of the Election Integrity Project, noting that there are 11 counties in the state with more registered voters, and alleging that the state may be out of compliance with Section 8 of the National Voter Registration Act (NVRA).

The letter reads, in part:

NVRA Section 8 requires states to conduct reasonable list maintenance so as to maintain an accurate record of eligible voters for use in conducting federal elections.1 As you may know, Congress enacted Section 8 of the NVRA to protect the integrity of the electoral process. Allowing the names of ineligible voters to remain on the voting rolls harms the integrity of the electoral process and undermines voter confidence in the legitimacy of elections.

As the top election official in California, it is your responsibility under federal law to coordinate California’s statewide effort to conduct a program that reasonably ensures the lists of eligible voters are accurate.

Judicial Watch lays out the specifics: “[T]here were more total registered voters than there were adults over the age of 18 living in each of the following eleven (11) counties: Imperial (102%), Lassen (102%), Los Angeles (112%), Monterey (104%), San Diego (138%), San Francisco (114%), San Mateo (111%), Santa Cruz (109%), Solano (111%), Stanislaus (102%), and Yolo (110%).” The letter notes that the percentage in L.A. Country may be as high as 144%.

The letter contains a threat to sue the Secretary of State if Padilla does not remove from the rolls “persons who have become ineligible to vote by reason of death, change in residence, or a disqualifying criminal conviction, and to remove noncitizens who have registered to vote unlawfully.” It gives Padilla 14 days to respond, and 90 days to correct alleged violations of the law.

44 | August 5, 2017 12:49 pm

why ws pro-israel thrown in there…odd.

I assumed because being anti-Israel was part of the argument against him

45 | August 5, 2017 1:54 pm

REVEALED=> Loretta Lynch Used Her Grandmother’s Name as Alias to Communicate with DOJ Officials

The Department of Justice released hundreds of emails to the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ) this week in the investigation of former AG Lynch’s secret meeting with former President Bill Clinton.

One email shows Loretta Lynch hiding her identity from Department of Justice officials.

Now this…
      Reddit The Donald users discovered that Loretta Lynch used her grandmother’s maiden name “Lizzie Carlisle” as her alias.

Loretta’s grandmother’s name is Lizzie Carlisle Harris.
      Loretta’s mother’s name is Lorine Harris Lynch.

Kim DotCom asks readers to find out more on Lynch’s alias “Elizabeth Carlisle”.

It looks like the deep state forgot to cover that up in the emails they released to the ACLJ.

46 | August 5, 2017 2:16 pm

This is all blizzard, it’s like George Orwell wrote this.

47 | August 5, 2017 2:29 pm

Blizzare.

48 | August 5, 2017 2:29 pm

Blizzare. Last correction.

49 | August 5, 2017 4:24 pm

@WZ
      How despicable can show biz types be? This much, and they can achieve new depths.

50 | August 5, 2017 5:26 pm

Emanuel to sue Feds over new Sanctuary City Rules

Mayor Emanuel says he’s going to sue the Trump Justice Dept on Monday, over its new Sanctuary City rules.

New rules just out, prevent Sanctuary Cities like Chicago to get certain law enforcement grants. The mayor says Chicago will file suit to kill the rules and get the millions in question.

In an interview with WLS-AM for Sunday’s edition of “Bill Cameron and Connected to Chicago”, the mayor said “We are not going to be put in a position of choosing who we are as a welcoming city and strengthening our police dept. These are exactly the kind of training and technology you want to be investing in right now and also do it in a way that the community’s involved.”

I’m looking forward to seeing just what legal argument they come up with to show that Chicago is “entitled” to federal grant money at all.

51 | August 5, 2017 6:07 pm

More trouble for FNC, this time Eric Bolling.

52 | August 5, 2017 6:12 pm

The Right to be Happy Clause?

53 | August 5, 2017 6:29 pm

Bill Kristol Of The Weekly Standard In Talks To Create ‘Committee Not To Renominate The President’

“Never Trump” may be getting a facelift for 2020.

Bill Kristol, editor-at-large of the Weekly Standard, said he has initiated informal talks about creating a “Committee Not to Renominate the President.”

“We need to take one shot at liberating the Republican Party from Trump, and conservatism from Trumpism,” Kristol told the New York Times.

After the story was published Saturday afternoon, Kristol shared it on Twitter, with the message: “The task in 2020: ‘Liberating the Republican Party from Trump, and conservatism from Trumpism.’”

56 | August 5, 2017 9:14 pm

@WZ

Yeah the article is a little inflated. The character is named after the egyptian goddess (which is actually the death penalty in islam) and they won’t be using the name in the show (in fact the character is not even slightly connected to the comic character of the same name.) So, it’s still a stupid decision on their part and just an SJW tantrum, but it’s not quite what it’s made out to be. (Though the anti-Trump angle is true.)

54. 57 | August 5, 2017 10:42 pm

So no cyclists?

58 | August 5, 2017 10:46 pm

More trouble for FNC, this time Eric Bolling.

hard to believe about Bolliing, but an innocent guy doesn’t say “I don’t recall…”

Whoops:

ROGER STONE: POTUS Trump Never Approved White House Statement In Support of McMaster

Stone isn’t a great source. Altho a lot of people have said that statement didn’t sound like Trump

59 | August 5, 2017 11:02 pm

So no cyclists?

Sorry, cyclists are the bane of my existence where I live. Narrow, two lane winding road with 45 MPH speed limit and about 12 to 18″ shoulder. Yet bicyclists in spandex insist on riding on it as their God-given right. Some to the point of riding two abreast and backing up traffic. Even when they have a bicycle lane, they insist on riding the white line.

60 | August 5, 2017 11:07 pm

Great Sade cover:

61 | August 5, 2017 11:15 pm

So no cyclists?

Colorado was a nightmare about that. And I was driving a Schwans truck. They were everywhere and seemed to pick the smallest most winding roads.

If you’re not part of a team, don’t ride abreast (up to four sometimes) in your cycle team outfits. You’re an enthusiast, not a professional.

62 | August 5, 2017 11:41 pm

this is hilarious

Kasich wants to primary Trump in 2020 and Bill Kristol wants to help – by getting all the #NeverTrumpers to rebrand themselves ‘liberals’ and getting a committee together called ‘Committee Not to Renominate the President’

bet that took a lot of imagination

63 | August 5, 2017 11:53 pm

by getting all the #NeverTrumpers to rebrand themselves ‘liberals’

So Kristol is switching to the “truth in advertising” approach?

Because he and his ilk have never really be conservative in the Constitutional Republic, limited federal government, strong national defense sense of the word

64 | August 6, 2017 12:05 am

you give him too much credit. Kristol has never been anything but a dilettante coasting on Daddy’s rep since whatever prep school he went to. When your claim to fame is “Dan Qualye’s Brain”, you’re pretty much washed up for life.

bedtime. nite.

62. 65 | August 6, 2017 1:02 am

Trump vs Kasich makes it an easy choice. I wouldn’t have voted for Kasich on a bet last year.

66 | August 6, 2017 11:02 am

Jeff Flake is trying to have it both ways: Kelli Ward

Jeff Flake’s book, Conscience of a Conservative, is the latest example of the blind Trump hatred emanating from a small group of self-righteous “Republicans” who join the radical left in an effort to delegitimize the president.

Flake and his fellow elitists in Washington, D.C., think that President Trump is the problem. But Republican voters knew exactly what they were doing, and more specifically, who they were rejecting when they overwhelmingly supported candidate Trump over more than a dozen “traditional” GOP candidates.

Flake’s been splashed across the pages of liberal news outlets, parroting the smear that those of us who support Trump do so out of ignorance, hatred or bigotry. He’s ignored that since the rise of the Tea Party, the Republican base is fed up with a party that never follows through on its promises.

Flake may have once wanted to limit the scope of government, but his nearly two decades in Washington prove that he’s too weak to get it done. During his tenure, the government has grown excessively, and our national debt has doubled to nearly $20 trillion. My conservative conscience is more concerned with that, not with battling our president.

Flake is trying to have it both ways. He writes a book attacking Trump, while sending out fundraising pitches to wealthy donors claiming to stand with the president: pure swamp.

While Sens. Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are in desperate need of conservative reinforcements, Flake is more interested in his popularity on the D.C. cocktail circuit and currying favor with the liberal media.

In the critical 2016 election, Flake bragged about voting for third-party spoiler Evan McMullin. If Flake had his way, one of the intellectual titans of conservatism, Justice Antonin Scalia, would have been replaced by Merrick Garland or one of Hillary Clinton’s liberals.

If Flake really wants to see government shrink, he should start by voting accordingly or accept his failures and not seek re-election.

There is no future for weak Republicans; we the people are making America great again.

67 | August 6, 2017 11:42 am

a small group of self-righteous “Republicans”

As far as Congress goes, I think it would behoove everyone to stop describing that group as “small.”

69 | August 6, 2017 4:02 pm

So I started looking at this Dana Loesch/NRA brouhaha on my day off, but it only took two or three searches to notice she’s been palling around with Ben Howe.

So now I don’t give a crap about her.

Somebody thought she said “fist”?

70 | August 6, 2017 5:43 pm

who is Ben Howe?

I haven’t liked her since the Corey Lewindowski brouhaha over his supposed shoving of Michelle Fields. Dana and Katie Pavlich went full femninazi and demanded Trump fire him. Two minutes of researching Fields and viewing the available videos proved she was a liar but Dana had to have a public personna. Rix sez she used to be a leftie and was just as obnoxious then. She’s just full of herself

71 | August 6, 2017 6:16 pm

Ben Howe might be the most vile #NeverTrump.

72 | August 6, 2017 6:42 pm

@ Gateway Pundit
      I don’t know whether the accuasations have merit or not. But at least one of Rric Bollings accusers is more than a little suspect.

73 | August 6, 2017 7:24 pm

Caroline Heldman? Yeah…she’s basically a publicity whore with a degree

74 | August 6, 2017 8:02 pm

any really good dog people here? I need advice. Since Bonnie died, I have walked Willow because Hubby still doesn’t have the stamina to give her a good one hour walk. I have gone with her on walks with the dog walkers for the time being because it’s always been Willow, Bonnie, Mom and M (walker) and I didn’t want too much change too fast. Well, tonite I’m tired, I gave her a good 2 hr walk this morning, so Hubby said he could do 30 mins this evening.

She won’t go. She was hesitant leaving the house, got to the end of the driveway and plonked. Not. Going. It’s not that she’s tired, she came to me to take her and I just can’t, I’m worn out. It’s not that she doesn’t adore her Dad, it looks right now like it’s Mom or nobody.

Now what? We have no idea where this is coming from.

75 | August 6, 2017 8:32 pm

Caroline Heldman? Yeah…she’s basically a publicity whore with a degree

She is.

76 | August 6, 2017 8:33 pm

I have one dog who does the same thing. She sometimes balks is the end of the driveway where we usually turn right. I blame this on 4th of July fireworks trauma month celebrations.

On those evenings she won’t cooperate, I go left or cross the street and go left or right. Anywhere other than the usual route.

Don’t know if that will work for your girl or not.

77 | August 6, 2017 8:52 pm

Willow was fine this morning. Hubby has helped with the dog walking since we brought the girls home 4 ys ago, it’s not like she’s unfamiliar with him or doesn’t trust him. He just hasn’t been able to do it since he came home from the hospital about 7 weeks ago.

We’ll try again tomorrow nite and then on Tues when M comes. I’m completely bewildered.

GoT is on in 9 mins. Gotta get my snacks together. later.

78 | August 6, 2017 9:05 pm

Dogs are creatures of habit and pack animals.

When the pack changes, you have to change the routine habits of the pack and form a new routine.

I never have watched GoT, everyone else seems to, so, I’m missing something good?

79 | August 6, 2017 9:15 pm

*spoiler*
      The Red wedding

80 | August 6, 2017 9:55 pm

holy crap! Did Dany go into the fight with just the one dragon or did she have all 3? I think I only saw one.

I’m missing something good?

if you love fantasy, this is pure gold.

81 | August 7, 2017 12:11 am

ok, the best moment in the episode is when Jaime looks at the horizon seeing nothing and ………aw fuck, Dothraki

no, wait, it was when Arya smokes Brienne and Brienne says ‘who taught you that’ and Arya sez ‘no one’

heh

82 | August 7, 2017 12:16 am

Right now, I am absorbed with HBO’s take on John Adam’s life.

I hope it true life TV, but I will take recommendations of books to back it up.