• One Year On, Iron Fist.

Filed under History, Open thread at August 12th, 2017 - 5:38 am

It has been one year since the passing of Iron Fist.

Much has changed for the better. The struggle that he outlined and happily participated in continues.

Comments

144 Responses to “One Year On, Iron Fist.”

1 | August 12, 2017 5:39 am

Think of the splody-heads if Trump pulls this off.

2 | August 12, 2017 8:40 am

Good morning. RIP Iron Fist.

3 | August 12, 2017 10:46 am

Works great in theory, but assumes that there’s not another globalist GOP Senator out there willing to pull a McCain next time a vote for repeal comes up and is for real.

4. 4 | August 12, 2017 10:48 am

How interesting, exactly one year to the day after I uploaded this song to youtube somebody gave it its first down-vote. For my money, one of the assholes who run “SpartaReport”

5 | August 12, 2017 11:13 am

From Mark Lilla’s forthcoming (August 15) book The Once And Future Liberal:

Electoral politics is a little like fishing. When you fish you get up early in the morning and go to where the fish are — not to where you might wish them to be. You then drop bait into the water (bait being defined as something they want to eat, not as “healthy choices”). Once the fish realize they are hooked they may resist. Let them; loosen your line. Eventually they will calm down and you can slowly reel them in, careful not to provoke them unnecessarily. The identity liberals’ approach to fishing is to remain on shore, yelling at the fish about the historical wrongs visited on them by the sea, and the need for aquatic life to renounce its privilege. All in the hope that the fish will collectively confess their sins and swim to shore to be netted. If that is your approach to fishing, you had better become a vegan.

Boy, is this ever true — and note well that Lilla is a liberal who is trying to wean his own side off of the self-sabotaging politics of identity.

6 | August 12, 2017 11:26 am

An immediate reaction to reading that might be alarm that they’re starting to figure it out, but be assured – this “heretic” will burn…

7 | August 12, 2017 12:14 pm

A quick drive-by:

If anyone here is a Joe Bonamassa fan, his website is having a half-price sale on digital downloads this weekend (everything except 2017 releases). Most albums are either $4.99 or $5.99

8 | August 12, 2017 12:23 pm

Eagles posted last night that it had been a year. That really floored me that it has already been that long since we lost Iron Fist. I really miss his postings, he had a great outlook. How is Velvet Glove doing?

9 | August 12, 2017 12:24 pm

What a shame. But you did get me to listen to it again, so there’s a plus.

/added my upvote to offset.

10 | August 12, 2017 12:26 pm

How is Velvet Glove doing?

She’s doing fairly well. She’s busy REALLY cleaning the house – and it ain’t a small house either! She’s on FB, you can catch her there.

11 | August 12, 2017 12:32 pm

thx!

12 | August 12, 2017 12:37 pm

my man has never gone shark fishing…

13 | August 12, 2017 12:38 pm

That’s his mistake. That’s not their hope. They know that won’t happen.

Their intent is to poison the water so that it’s survivable only for them. They could care less about confessions or catch. They just want the enemy dead. Make no mistake. DEAD. Their problem is that their list of ‘other’ keeps getting added to so eventually they all end up on it for one reason or other and they’re finding out that they’ve poisoned their own water.

It was great to be a snowflake and demand ‘safe spaces’ until the white ones found out that whiteness is its own intrinsic evil and only POC deserve safe spaces. Soon, it will be straight people who don’t deserve safe spaces, skin color will be irrelevant.

Stalin did this. Eventually, people started purging themselves for insufficient or incorrect ideological grounding.

And while I’m at it, we need to find another word for ‘snowflake’. Snowflakes are unique. These people are drones, exactly the same right down to the bone.

14 | August 12, 2017 12:40 pm

I just downloaded Beacon Theatre: Live From New York for $5.99.

It’s $14.99 at Amazon

15 | August 12, 2017 12:46 pm

my man has never gone shark fishing…

Yes, this part implies that he’s really never been fishing at all.

I posted largely to point out the attempt at introspection.

I’m sure it’s a much closer reason for “What Happened?” than whatever Mrs. Billy Jeff cooked up for her book.

16 | August 12, 2017 1:03 pm

That’s his mistake. That’s not their hope. They know that won’t happen.

Self Purging has already begun. Dozens of websites have lost people (I’ve seen this in the gaming websites) because straight, white, males have been purging themselves after being attacked for transgressions of SJW ideology. Any tiny little transgression and they can’t bow down fast enough for the sword.

17 | August 12, 2017 1:07 pm

I just downloaded Beacon Theatre: Live From New York for $5.99.

It’s $14.99 at Amazon

ON IT!!!!

18. mawskrat
      18 | August 12, 2017 1:46 pm

RIP Iron Fist

19 | August 12, 2017 2:02 pm

this balkanization is tried and true, until the proles wake up.

for instance, J&L steel in aliquippa did the same thing, there were 12 plans, each housing plan was one ethnicity. this kept the first and even some of the second generations suspicious of the others and divided. the company maintained control of the town that way. eventualy, everyone figured out what was going on and then it became a typical ‘blue collar industrial struggle’ where management was seen as the common foe, not the ukie next door. the ukie next door went into the mill and worked beside you. he had the same life

and by foe, i dont mean something violent, just something that represented not ‘their best interests’.

divide and conquer.

Prophetic, in so many ways…

‘Divide And Conquer”
      -Hüsker Dü – 1985

Well they divided up all the land
      And we’ve got states and cities
      Cities have their neighborhoods
      And more subdivisions

There’s countries divided by walls
      Oceans and latitudes
      And longitude, longing to find out
      Just what they’re missing, whoa

They’re lots of area codes
      And nine digit zip codes
      Secret decoder ring codes
      Arteries, shopping nodes

We’ll invent some new computers
      Link up the global village
      And get AP, UPI, and Reuters
      To tell everybody, news news

We’ll be one happy neighborhood
      Spread out across the world
      Who’s going to stop that burglar
      From breaking in my house
      If he lives that far away, wha

We’ll be just like old friends
      No means to your ends
      The police state is to busy
      The neighborhood’s getting out of hand

Big Brother on every wall
      Muzak plays in all the halls
      Empires see the rise and fall
      They divide, conquer

It’s not about my politics
      Something happened way too quick
      A bunch of men who played it sick
      They divide, conquer

It’s all here before your eyes
      Safety is a big disguise
      That hides among the other lies
      They divide, conquer, what oh oh, oh oh

Well I expect I won’t be heard
      ‘Cause my silence is assured
      Never a discouraging word

La la la la la la la
      La la la la la la la
      La la la, whoa, yeh
      Songwriters: BOB MOULD
      © BMG RIGHTS MANAGEMENT US, LLC

20 | August 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Well, from what my ancestors told me, they may have been trying to accommodate preexisting cultural hostilities, not necessarily take advantage of them. I know there was a lot of mistrust between the Protestants and Catholics, for instance, even if you shared the same ancestral country, e.g., Ireland. My ex grew up in the ‘company town’ section of West Hazleton, his dad was Polish (coal miner), and man, I couldn’t keep track of all ethnic do’s and don’ts he grew up with. And from what I could see even in my time, the Serbs and Croats were still reading newspapers from ‘back home’. That was like keeping the kindling glowing.

21 | August 12, 2017 4:28 pm

J&L understood and used the cultural hostilities to keep the rank and file divided.

hell, where i sit, the railroad (130 yrs ago, company housing) had the italians on one side of town and everyone else on the other…on purpose? you bet!

the mangers owned the top two streets on the hillside above everyone. i have a managers house.

22 | August 12, 2017 4:37 pm

me neither!

we have a sons of italy club. the serbian club, croatian club, polish falcons, saxons club, and the hibernians within a 7 mile drive of my back porch.

30 years ago if dad and i went to the serbs, serbian was still spoken, now that’s pretty much all gone. i caught the tail end of all that ethnic enclaves, and you what. i do miss it.

we were the first non-italians to move into that side of town. we were accepted ok because we were catholic. the nana’s were the best. the food! and dont do something wrong! my mom would know about it in 30 seconds flat. dot get me wrong, i choose to raise my kids in the same town, but i wich they could have experienced the real ethnic aspect of the place. it was something very real and very special…and very safe.

there was NO CRIME if yinz know what i mean, nudge nudge.

23 | August 12, 2017 4:39 pm

I know there was a lot of mistrust between the Protestants and Catholics,

there were turf wars in johnstown until the mid 60’s between those two groups accd to my dad, who was an ‘alter boy and led the choir’ 😆 according to him.

24 | August 12, 2017 4:51 pm

I think I told you about my paternal grandparents, both Protestant. They referred to Catholics as ‘Papists’ and my grandfather belonged to the Klan SPECIFICALLY to keep them in their place.

Imagine their joy when their youngest, my uncle Ray, decided to marry a nice Irish Catholic girl, Julia Ryan.

Oy.

25 | August 12, 2017 5:06 pm

my grandfather and his brothers and sons on my moms side refused to set foot into st andrews catholic church, mom secretly converted from some bullshit prod strain and was marrying a CATHOLIC!!!!!!

the irony is, my dad is far, far more successful than any of the uncles on my mom’s side and his daughter was very well taken care of. in the end, papap saw the light and realized that catholics arent all that bad.

so, good things come from bad sometimes.

26 | August 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Girl Gives Her Boyfriend A List Of ‘Rules’ – Instantly Goes Viral…

27 | August 12, 2017 5:44 pm

@ Gateway Pundit
      If these guys think that they have a problem now, just wait until their goats find out.

28 | August 12, 2017 5:55 pm

I hope the guy has moved away and changed his phone number.

And doesn’t own a pet rabbit

30 | August 12, 2017 5:58 pm

My wife showed it to me, and said that one of the first FB comments under the post suggested a simpler solution:

Show it to his mother.

31 | August 12, 2017 5:59 pm

I just got back from the store, had the radio on in the car. Talking about Charlottesville. Some people are upset about the removal of a statue of Robert E Lee and our Gov. McAwful called out the Nat’l Guard. Some idiot liberal woman was on the phone and said, as God is my witness, “removing the statue shows you are willing to have a conversation about….”

and I turned the radio off

Willow and I are going for our evening constitutional. later.

32 | August 12, 2017 6:17 pm

@ USA Today
      Here is a recap of what is known about what went down in Charlottesville.

33 | August 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Now they’re reporting 3 dead in Charlottesvile

34 | August 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Now they’re reporting 3 dead in Charlottesvile

Apparently two of them were in the State Police copter crash

35 | August 12, 2017 7:28 pm

This is from a WaPo story on Trump and Charlottesville:

He ignored shouted questions from reporters about what he thought of the white nationalists at the event who said they supported him and were inspired by his campaign.

When did they say that? No one is quoted in the story.

36 | August 12, 2017 7:50 pm

When did they say that? No one is quoted in the story.

Nobody actually did, but the “reporter” is sure that if he could actually find these elusive “white nationalists,” they would say it.

37 | August 12, 2017 7:50 pm

Ok it is clear to me now that all evil comes from Trump. It’s right in the Bible, the snake in the Garden of Eden
      was in suit and tie with a bad hair cut. The name of the snake was Trump,You can look it up . believe me, 100%!

39 | August 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Mexico wants it to keep Lizzy out!

40 | August 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Nut Roots is scraping the bottom………….

It’s raining again, hard, with thunder. I love it! We’ve had some gully washers the past few days and when Willow and I were out earlier, I saw some mushrooms that were so weird I didn’t realize at first that they were mushrooms. I thought they were some kind of rotting fruit that someone dropped on the ground.

The name of the snake was Trump,You can look it up . believe me, 100%

think you’ll hear any media reports that Antifa was at this protest?

42 | August 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Click on Drudge and have a look at the headline

43 | August 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Hiya Cold,

I had a major SNAFU with my Mac and your e-Mail addy has vanished. I assume you still have mine.

Could you please e-mail me so we can re-establish comms?

I have a couple of scanned forms I need to get to Eaglesoars. I assume you have her e-mail addy and can act as go between.

Cheers,

P

44 | August 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Somebody did some research based on the license plate of the car that was driven into the crowd.

Jerome Vangheluwe from Michigan.

Jerome has a son, Joel, who has posted pics of the car as ‘his’ and Joel is an anti-Trump guy.

45 | August 12, 2017 8:55 pm

WaPo says:

20 yr old James Alex Fields of Ohio

and that someone with that name has been booked on a variety of charges including 2nd degree murder

46 | August 12, 2017 9:03 pm

gimme a minute, i’m makin a martini

47 | August 12, 2017 9:03 pm

Click on Drudge and have a look at the headline

I saw it. Very strange, but I’ve noticed that people have been commenting about a seeming change in the emphasis Drudge has been putting on the news.

48 | August 12, 2017 9:04 pm

n the blog email goes straight to my phone now

46. 49 | August 12, 2017 9:10 pm

Hmmm, something happened in Charlottesville, what, I really do not know. What I am certain of though, is that the media is not telling the truth about what happened there. Whatever they are saying, you can be 100 percent certain is a weaponized distortion of whatever really did happen.

50 | August 12, 2017 9:11 pm

I need food. later.

51 | August 12, 2017 9:21 pm

this is a set up

no self respecting redneck would do that to his new challenger.

52 | August 12, 2017 10:03 pm

Girl Gives Her Boyfriend A List Of ‘Rules’ – Instantly Goes Viral…

She seems to have a bit of a control issue.

/Yeah, the guy should run like heck.

53 | August 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Booking photo of James Alex Fields

congrats, kid, your life is over.

54 | August 12, 2017 10:46 pm

hubby just said somebody on Justice jeannine sez this guy had been an aide to Sen Schumer. Given that he’s only 20, I’m guessing if he was, he had to have been an intern.

55 | August 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Booking photo of James Alex Fields

congrats, kid, your life is over.

Did you read the comments on there?

56 | August 12, 2017 11:19 pm

Shannon Watts, Moms Demand Action Blame Charlottesville Violence On NRA, Gun Laws

Moms Demand Action founder Shannon Watts took to Twitter on Saturday to vilify the National Rifle Association and gun laws in Virginia as the reason behind the violent protests taking place in Charlottesville.

Watt began retweeting various tweets with the same phrase: “The radicalization of America has been encouraged by the @NRA and open carry laws, which enable armed intimidation. #Charlottesville.”[…]

She’s right. It is legal to openly carry a Dodge Challenger in VA…

57 | August 12, 2017 11:41 pm

After his despicable push for Romney (and firmly against challengers) during the 2012 primary, I have always been skeptical of his support for Trump.

Just didn’t mesh, but he seemingly went all in.

58 | August 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Did you read the comments on there?

yeah. What, are you surprised? People are falling all over themselves deciding what this kid’s motive is, etc., etc. Normally sober people, e.g., Stephen Hayes who is a Trump hater par excellence, is saying that Trump’s ‘refusal’ to specifically condemn white supremacists is deliberate, Jonah Goldberg posted a clip from a 2016 interview with Hugh Hewitt in which he said Trump is not a bigot but Trump assumes all conservatives are bigots so he panders to them. I tweeted him, asking for his evidence. That was over 2 hrs ago, he’s not responded.

Assholes like Orrin Hatch, tweeting his brother didn’t give his life so that Nazi ideas could go unchallenged – no, sweetie, he gave his life so they could have room to speak their minds w/o violence being visited on them.

Nobody knows the first thing about this Fields guy but they sure are quick to jump to conclusions. Maybe those conclusions will turn out to be right, but not because they’re based on any evidence.

59 | August 12, 2017 11:46 pm

bedtime. nite.

57. 60 | August 13, 2017 2:32 am

On the events in Charlottesville.

61 | August 13, 2017 3:32 am

On the events in Charlottesville.

ya know what…that guitar work doesnt seem so complicated now…

62 | August 13, 2017 3:34 am

love some cc…but i see what you mean

63 | August 13, 2017 3:39 am

and this is the song i can almost play.

in my mind i have to be able to do this,

jr,

61. darkwords
      64 | August 13, 2017 4:28 am

Toast to Ironfist tonight and NT2U. I like the idea that they have some sort of immortality via the blog.

62. darkwords
      65 | August 13, 2017 4:30 am

In CA. visiting a family. The kids are definitely being indoctrinated about climate change and also Trump as a racist. Noticeable difference in how race conscious these CA kids are compared to the home state. And how the term “white” is a derogative. Trump needs to put his foot on the neck of CA educators. Remove all the SJW boards and commissions.

63. darkwords
      66 | August 13, 2017 4:34 am

RE: Charlottesville. I’ve met white nationalists and they are pretty ugly people with IMO a low level of intelligence. nothing superior about them.

However, the nature of the left to place race as a qualifier on humans requires me to qualify myself to counter them. Good Racism vs Bad Racism?

64. darkwords
      67 | August 13, 2017 4:42 am

I don’t really care who beats the crap out of ANTIFA. I don’t think people should die over a protest though.

65. 68 | August 13, 2017 6:15 am

@ darkwords:
      Antifa/BLM and other radical left groups need to be the ones who swing first. I’m fine with responding to violence, something I would be pathetically, embarrassingly bad at. But I don’t want to see the right instigating violence, and that response needs to end well before there are deaths.

Unfortunately, there’s a need to condemn the idiots who preach racial superiority, too. No matter which ‘race’ is supposedly better than anyone else.

69 | August 13, 2017 6:47 am

darkwords wrote:

That reminds me of something Hannah Arendt said. She was never an observant Jew. She grew up knowing she was Jewish but never felt ‘apart’ because of it. She took some taunts from other children as a child but her mom told her to blow it off. The only times it got serious was if an adult gave her problems, then her mother went all Mama Bear on their asses. She was born in Konigsberg, I think. The times she lived in forced her into that box, tho, and her philosophy became “If you attack me as a Jew, I will respond AS A JEW”.

70 | August 13, 2017 7:05 am

So here is a pic of James Field at the rally before driving his car into the crowd. The story tries to portray him as being ‘with’ the group shown in physical proximity. The group is Vangard America, who I’d never heard of, they are apparently white nationalists. They deny they’d ever heard of Fields, but I suspect we will continue to see attempts to hook Fields up with various white nut case people.

Also, I want to note that those people look really stupid. Comical, actually.

68. 71 | August 13, 2017 7:49 am

I see myself agreeing with a few small parts of their manifesto. I don’t like globalism, and I think that as a nation we’ve lost some of the positive values of the past. But racial superiority & talk of a ‘White America’? The usual blaming of Jews for problems? Good God, what a bunch of BS.

God created us all in His image.

72 | August 13, 2017 8:28 am

I missed the Jew-blaming part. God, can’t these people even come up with something new?

73 | August 13, 2017 8:53 am

The name of the snake was Trump,You can look it up . believe me, 100%

think you’ll hear any media reports that Antifa was at this protest?

No, they’re just referring to them as “counter protestors”

74 | August 13, 2017 9:01 am

the girl and I are off to the store, then we are going to get momcat and go to lowes to get some stuff
      the ladies decided that it was time our living space was updated.

lord help me.
      the colors have been picked
      so paint, curtains and a new light fixture.
      to start with.

kinda lookin forward to this

75 | August 13, 2017 9:23 am

I’ll keep you in my prayers.

76 | August 13, 2017 11:50 am

Looks like we were all wrong. Louise Mensch has Charlottesvile all figured out:

Louise Mensch‏Verified account @LouiseMensch

This time Russian active measures actually murdered a US citizen. They messed up, and messed up huge. @realDonaldTrump I’m reporting
      7:55 AM – 13 Aug 2017

Why didn’t we think of that? The Russians did it!

77 | August 13, 2017 12:00 pm

most people think Mensch is a whacked-out conspiracy nut. I don’t. I think she’s a con artist who gets money from whacked-out conspiracy nuts whose fantasies she validates.

78 | August 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I love the chick that said”Hitler was not a Socialist” Then what Is Nationalist Workers Party all about?

79 | August 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Could be

81 | August 13, 2017 12:28 pm

that whole thing stinks like a setup. that was a really pricey car to be used in a ramming.

82 | August 13, 2017 12:29 pm

JakeTapper is now interviewing Tom Bossert a Homeland Security adviser.
      Listening to Tapper you would swear that there is an epidemic of white supremacy abetted byTrump.
      Hey the guy next door wears a MAGA hat while reading Mein Kampf or something.
      Tapper sees no problem with leftist violence, what leftist violence?
      The guy did not take it from him

83 | August 13, 2017 12:29 pm

amazing how the left recognizes this use of car to kill/maim but ignores the same act when it happens in france and UK

80. 84 | August 13, 2017 12:34 pm

and this is the song i can almost play.

in my mind i have to be able to do this,

jr,

You can probably lay most of this by ow as well.

85 | August 13, 2017 12:40 pm

KING: Charlottesville is an ugly reminder that America’s racist past is very much alive

If you ever wondered what it would be like to live in 1937 or 1957, you don’t have to look far. We are living in it.

America is an ugly place.

Dressed in khakis and polos, bearing torches, donning Nazi memorabilia, and chanting anti-black, anti-LGBT, anti-Jewish, anti-Muslim, and anti-immigrant chants, white supremacist bigots have descended on Charlottesville, Va., in droves in what may very well be the largest public demonstration of its kind in generations.

With almost no resistance from local police, these public bigots have marched and stomped all over town giving Nazi salutes while chanting “f— you, f—-ts.” They have yelled every racial slur imaginable and have done so with the full knowledge that they were being filmed. And that was all before someone used a car like a torpedo to plow into a crowd.

They don’t the mind the spotlight.

Why would they? Their President, who they love and adore, was voted into office in a white supremacist surge. They attended his rallies and events.

With every chance to specifically call out this bigotry and white supremacy on Twitter, Trump refused. In his speech he refused. The man is specific when he feels like it. Think of all of the people he has called out across the years, but now he can’t be specific because he knows these men are his base.

If Donald Trump can target and harass women, immigrants, Muslims, the disabled, the poor, and so many others with threats of physical violence and cruel insults and taunts, why can’t they?

All of this hate, all of this ugliness, all of this bigotry and racism, didn’t come out of nowhere.

Yes, hate and bigotry are baked into the cake that is the United States of America, but ever since this nation, after electing 43 white men as President of the United States, opted to elect and re-elect Barack Hussein Obama, public bigotry and hate crimes have been on the rise.

Not only that, but for years now, Donald Trump has been at the center of that hate — being the most visible spokesman for the racist birther movement that claimed President Obama was illegitimately elected because he’s not actually an American, but is a secret African or an undercover Muslim who was determined to ruin the nation from the inside.

No more famous American parroted the talking points of this movement than Donald Trump — even going so far as to publicly claim he had dispatched private investigators to prove Obama was never born in Hawaii in the first place.

Donald Trump has been an immoral, offensive man for decades, but it was not until he put the very humanity of Barack Obama in his crosshairs that he became a cult hero to white supremacists from coast to coast.

Riding the wave of that newfound notoriety into the White House, Trump appointed two of the most bigoted men in the nation, Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller, as his Chief Strategist and Chief Policy Advisor. When you choose to appoint men with lengthy, documented histories of bigotry, men so despicable that they probably could not pass through the human resources of a single Fortune 500 company, to some of the highest available positions within the White House, such a public embrace of bigotry has repercussions.

We are living through those repercussions right now.

86 | August 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Just looking at all the outcry against Trump as a result pretty much proves it.

This was all planned by the left, possibly as a way to divert attention from the way Debbie Wasserman Schultz is circling the drain over the whole Pakistani IT scam right now.

87 | August 13, 2017 1:17 pm

@ Twitchy
      Incase you were wondering what to think of Charlottesville, wonder no more.
      Stephen King has weighed in and no one is more qualified than a guy who avoids writers block by churning out crap.

88 | August 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Has anybody even brought up the victims, other than the policemen in the helicopter?

85. 89 | August 13, 2017 2:13 pm

I actually had someone claim that even though the Nazi’s were “National Socialists”, they weren’t really socialists.

So people who identify as black, women or disabled, but are really white, male or have no disabilities really aren’t what they claim to be?

90 | August 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Hitler sure thought that he was Socialist. He was also a gun grabber and eco guy.
      I hate that he liked dogs.

91 | August 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Your home for Protests, Rallies, Audiences, PR Stunts, and Celebrity Events.

Are you looking to create a buzz anywhere in the United States? At Crowds on Demand, we provide our clients with protests, rallies, flash-mobs, paparazzi events and other inventive PR stunts. These services are available across the country in every major U.S city, every major U.S metro area and even most smaller cities as well. We provide everything including the people, the materials and even the ideas. You can come to us with a specific plan of action and we can make it happen. OR, you can approach us with a general idea and we can help you plan the strategy then execute it.

We’ve made campaigns involving hundreds of people come to action in just days. We have a proven record of delivering major wins on even the toughest campaigns and delivering phenomenal experiences with even the most logistically challenging events.

Our services are now available throughout the United States, so whether you’re looking at doing a single event or a multi-city campaign, we have the resources available to achieve your goals.

92 | August 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Adam Swart – CEO

Adam founded Crowds on Demand in October 2012 to revolutionize the ‘people’ business. He takes a ‘hands-on’ approach with all Crowds on Demand clients, helping them to advocate for important causes, build their businesses, settle disputes or amplify their message. Adam has a long track record of delivering major wins even on the toughest of campaigns. Before starting Crowds on Demand, Adam worked as a Reporter for AOL’s Patch sites, in product management positions at various Bay Area start-up companies, and as a political organizer for campaigns including Jerry Brown’s successful election as Governor of California in 2010. Adam has long been an active investor. He first developed his interest in the market at the age of six years old when he decided Southwest Airlines was a good company to invest in due to the Honey Roasted Peanuts. He continues investing in quality businesses to this day. In his free time, Adam can be seen running on LA’s beautiful beaches, piloting small planes, and exploring the world. He has made it to six continents and is still working his way to Antarctica.

93 | August 13, 2017 3:20 pm

Charlottesville Car Attacker Ex-Teacher: He Was ‘Infatuated With Nazis,’ Prescribed Antipsychotic Meds

“He was very infatuated with the Nazis, with Adolf Hitler. He also had a huge military history, especially with German military history and World War II. But, he was pretty infatuated with that stuff.

“In his freshman year, he had an issue with that that was raised, and from then on we knew that he had those issues. I developed a good rapport with him and used that rapport to constantly try to steer him away from those beliefs to show clear examples — why that thinking is wrong, why their beliefs were evil, you know, things like that,” Weimer said.

He said those views, combined with Fields’ history of being prescribed antipsychotic medication, may have been a “perfect storm.”[…]

On the other side, anti-fascist demonstrators also gathered, but they generally aren’t organized like white nationalist factions, said Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

94 | August 13, 2017 3:31 pm

odd that his mother didn’t mention that in the interview she gave

91. 95 | August 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Easy job.

96 | August 13, 2017 4:02 pm

Easy job.

Unless someone runs over you with a car…

97 | August 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Charlottesville Democrat Mayor: Trump Campaign Gave Hate Groups ‘A Reason To Come In The Light’

Charlottesville Mayor Michael Signer on Sunday unequivocally linked President Trump with the white nationalists who unleashed a wave of violence on his town and left one person dead a day earlier.

“Old saying — when you dance with the devil, the devil changes you,” Signer said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Signer said he believes that Trump’s campaign and the rhetoric that he used on the campaign trail last year emboldened racists and neo-Nazis across the country.

“I think they made a choice in that campaign, a very regrettable one, to really go to peoples prejudices, to go to the gutter,” Signer said. “These influences around the country, these anti-Semites, racists, Aryans, Nazis, KKK, they were always in the shadows, but they’ve been given a key and a reason to come in the light.”

98 | August 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Leftist pols and the MSM decided to bring this “into the light” by providing an opposing army and “lighting” a match by directing the dispersing nutjobs INTO the antifa thugs. Oh, and having plenty of media on hand.

They probably didn’t plan on a psychopath with a Dodge.

Rallies like this (extremely small ones) happen in different places every year. Many of them go unnoticed.

99 | August 13, 2017 4:24 pm

keep that up and Trump will win in a landslide in 2020. He essentially is saying that about Trump voters and that’s what got Trump in the WH to begin with.

This is how you get more Trump

100 | August 13, 2017 4:25 pm

(extremely small ones)

yeah, a ‘nationwide’ rally brought out about 100 people. Sounds like a Democratic outreach effort or something.

101 | August 13, 2017 4:39 pm

I guess Drudge is sending a message with his “Make America Hate Again!” headline.

It’s been up for close to a day now.

102 | August 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Signer graduated from Washington-Lee High School in Arlington, Virginia[3] and magna cum laude from Princeton University. He earned a Ph.D. in political science from the University of California, Berkeley and a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a Clerk at the Legal Aid Justice Center and Research Assistant to Professors A.E. Dick Howard and Michael Klarman. He was also president of the Law Democrats and co-founder of the UVA Chapter of the American Constitution Society.[citation needed] While at UVA, he also founded the UVA Coalition for Progress on Race in the wake of a racially motivated attack on a fellow student,[citation needed] and went on to co-found the Center for the Study of Race and Law.

In the 2008 elections, Signer was foreign policy advisor to the John Edwards for President campaign.[17] He was later senior strategist on the 2008 Congressional campaign of Tom Perriello. Signer was senior policy advisor at the Center for American Progress and later that year worked with John Podesta on President-Elect Barack Obama’s State Department Transition Team.[2]

In 2009, Signer was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for Lieutenant Governor of Virginia, receiving 21% of the vote.[18]

From 2009 to 2013, Signer was an appointee by Governor Tim Kaine to Virginia’s Board of Medicine. He was a member of the finance committee for Terry McAuliffe for governor and later served as chair of Governor-elect McAuliffe’s Transition Council on Homeland Security.[14] Earlier in his career, he was legislative aide to then-Delegate Creigh Deeds.

103 | August 13, 2017 5:09 pm

A lot of big time progressive cretins in there.

Not your average progressive city mayor…

104 | August 13, 2017 5:21 pm

Looks like the left got what they wanted from Charlottesville:

Lexington, KY Mayor Says Confederate Statues At Courthouse Will Be Moved

Mayor Jim Gray said Saturday he is taking steps to remove two controversial Confederate-era statues from the lawn of the former Fayette County Courthouse on Main Street.

Gray’s announcement came the same day as multiple people were killed and injured in Virginia after a vehicle drove into counter-protesters who had clashed with white nationalists around a Confederate-era statue in Charlottesville.

Gray said in a statement he will ask the Lexington-Fayette County Urban County Council at its Tuesday work session to take the first step — to ask a state military commission for permission to take down the statues of John Hunt Morgan and John C. Breckinridge. Gray said the vote was already in the works.

“We have thoroughly examined this issue, and heard from many of our citizens,” Gray said in a statement. “The tragic events in Charlottesville today have accelerated the announcement I intended to make next week.”

105 | August 13, 2017 5:29 pm

McKelway told FOX News viewers the police pulled out of Lee Park after the violence started.

This was after violent Antifa terrorists launched an attack on the white supremacists.

Doug McKelway: We are now beginning to hear criticism bubble up on all sides of this event about the initial slow response by the police. When I got out of my car yesterday in Charlottesville about 10:30 in the morning you knew this was a bad scene and bad things were going to be happening because people were congregating at Lee Park and Emancipation Park wearing helmets, body armor, carrying big heavy sticks. Nobody was intent on peace here from either side. People were intent on causing havoc and causing damage. And even as wounded were being brought out of the park police were sitting idly by. I was standing off a cordoned off area where the police had set up as a staging area, the state police, and they said you can come in here this is a safe area. But when the tear gas started to fly, thrown by protesters, the police themselves began to evacuate then. I asked the guy who was in charge, “Where you going?” He said, “We’re leaving. It’s too dangerous.” They had a chance to nip this thing in the bud and they chose not to.

McKelway also interviewed a police spokeswoman who said “people” were hurling soda cans filled with cement.
      This is an Antifa tactic.

102. 107 | August 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Chuckle chuckle…. Coldwarrior… Chucle chuckle… (he’ll get it)….

103. 108 | August 13, 2017 7:08 pm

God I miss my old SG….

110 | August 13, 2017 9:07 pm

Maxine Waters: The White House Is Now ‘The White Supremacists’ House’

Rep. Maxine Waters excoriated President Trump on social media Sunday for his response to the violence in Charlottesville, Va., saying the White House is now the “White Supremacists’ House.”

“Trump has made it clear – w/ Bannon & Gorka in the WH, & the Klan in the streets, it is now the White Supremacists’ House. #Charlottesviille,” Waters wrote on Twitter, referring to White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and deputy assistant to the president Sebastian Gorka.

The California Democrat added, “Trump refuses to condemn white supremacists & terrorists who showed up in Charlottesville. Is he sending a signal? Everyone must be careful.”

Waters said onlookers should not be surprised by the overt display from white supremacists exhibited at the rally Saturday and the violence that unfolded when James Alex Fields allegedly plowed a car into a counter-protest group because Trump encouraged violence against protesters at his campaign events during the lead-up to the 2016 presidential election.

“Don’t forget, Trump offered to pay legal fees for those who attacked protesters at his rallies,” Waters continued tweeting. “Will he be making that same offer now?”

She has officially lost her fucking mind…

111 | August 13, 2017 9:41 pm

Probably not. Most likely they are not exactly fine upstanding citizens of the community. Betting they were bussed-in paid protestors. One of the Antifa crowd arrested for assault already had a warrant for his arrest.

112 | August 13, 2017 9:43 pm

They aren’t organized? Throwing the BS flag on that one

113 | August 13, 2017 9:45 pm

It’s been up for close to a day now.

Alternative to Drudge: http://conservativeangle.com/categories-f-n/ There are others as well, this one was posted on WZ

114 | August 13, 2017 10:13 pm

Chicago Tribune: Angry White Men Are Fueling Racial Violence

Unlike the bigoted protesters in the 1960s, the demonstrators in Charlottesville, Va., did not wear hoods. On Saturday, we saw their faces clearly. And they were angry white men.

If we are to get to the root of the recent escalation of confrontational bigotry in America, we must acknowledge who is fueling it. That is the growing demographic of insecure white males who blame their social and economic failures on everyone but themselves.

Demonstrations like the one this weekend represent the false notion that white men are losing the unfair advantage they have enjoyed in America since its founding.

The fear that African-Americans would somehow gain economic parity with white men has long been one of the driving forces behind bigotry in our country. Today, that bigotry has been expanded into a cultural war against immigrants — a fight that is largely defined by education or more specifically, the lack of it.

Americans who thought that racism and bigotry would simply die out with the aging population must be sorely disappointed. Young men are largely driving the modern hate groups, and their numbers have escalated in the last two years.[…]

Trump won the largest margin of white voters without a college degree in nearly four decades. Two-thirds, or 67 percent, of non-college whites supported him, compared with 28 percent who supported Hillary Clinton, according to the Pew Research Center.

Let’s break those numbers down by the sexes. According to exit polls, 71 percent of white men without a college degree voted for Trump. And 61 percent of white women without a college degree supported him.

These voters represent the core of red state America. In rural swing states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, they are the ones responsible for pushing Trump across the finish line.

By no means should we assume that every uneducated or undereducated white Trump supporter would join a hate group or even become a sympathizer. Most of them likely were appalled by the violent images that came out of Charlottesville. Neither should we think that well-educated whites can’t buy into the white supremacist argument that America has somehow been stolen and needs to be brought back to where it belongs. Indeed, there has been a recent movement to recruit on college campuses.

But the people who are most likely to be swayed by the bigoted rhetoric of white nationalist, neo-Nazi and armed “Patriot” groups certainly can be found among Trump’s low-income, less educated supporters. They are among those who tend to feel most vulnerable to the changing demographics.

110. 115 | August 13, 2017 11:04 pm

And how many years have Democrats won the majority of the votes of the poorly educated blacks? How many times have the poor (often poorly educated) of all races been told that they’re incapable of succeeding, and they need government to provide everything for them?

116 | August 13, 2017 11:22 pm

So much wrong with that article, but those two paragraphs highlight the biggest one. They conflate bigotry with poor, uneducated males, then leap to the fact that Trump got a large part of that voting group, thereby attempting to make the connection that Trump is racist.

First, you have to define what is meant by “racist” and I guarantee you that it is not the same definition as used 50 years ago. Now, “racist” is disagreeing with a liberal minority member. … and why should not these young men be offended at the current state of affairs, it is they who are suffering the brunt of the “diversity” movement — “Oh, you don’t check any boxes; I’m sorry, this job requires that we give preference to ‘diversity’ candidates”.

117 | August 13, 2017 11:45 pm

Has this got any legs?

I looked but couldn’t find and sort of valid confirmation that it was true.

James Alex Fields doesn’t look as he’d fit into a Schemer intern type mould.

ANYTHING?

118 | August 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Still waiting on Cold to get back to me with his e-mail addy so that I can e-mail this form to you via Cold!

119 | August 14, 2017 12:47 am

I have eagles addy. I’ll pass it on if you want, Aussie, just email me. CW is probably busy working.

Denbar2@sbcglobal.net

120 | August 14, 2017 12:56 am

*hug*

121 | August 14, 2017 1:02 am

Heh, what are you doing up so late?

My back was ok yesterday and gave out today, again. Tomorrow WILL be better.

122 | August 14, 2017 1:13 am

Got terribly time shifted. Missing my ladies. Am looking for a new job and a new home.

WANT!!!!!!!

123 | August 14, 2017 1:21 am

Well, now we are almost back to where you started in Texas.

124 | August 14, 2017 1:30 am

Slightly over one acre and 45 minutes to current work. only $20,000

Shit buddy, I would buy it just for a weekend get away from this place..

125 | August 14, 2017 1:33 am

Make an appointment for Saturday to view the property.

126 | August 14, 2017 1:37 am

LOL… going to get money out of bank tomorrow and buying it!

Impulsive Possum is impulsive. You know that.

127 | August 14, 2017 1:41 am

I give up.

I’m tired. Night, Possum.

We will meet again on Tuesday.

128 | August 14, 2017 1:44 am

Quitter!

See ya!

Get well soon. Night buddy…..

129 | August 14, 2017 4:20 am

Worth a read.

The first bit is just a regurgitation of 1815 and all that waterloo schtick.

The last 5 paragraphs however gets to the meat and potatoes and is WELL worth a read as it takes us up to 2017 and beyond and is DEFINITELY worth the 5 minutes read.

Enjoy!

130 | August 14, 2017 7:25 am

first visit to the back dr today
      hope to get started on some kind of treatment plan or a pain management plan
      these last couple of months have really bit the big one

126. Buckeye Abroad
      131 | August 14, 2017 7:30 am

so, good things come from bad sometimes.

I recall my grandmother telling me her brothers would give her a hard time for going on a date with a prod. Her family was relieved when she finally married my (catholic) grandfather at the old maid age of 27. The catholic-protestant antagonism was a real issue back in the day.

127. 132 | August 14, 2017 10:08 am

Buckeye Abroad wrote:

so, good things come from bad sometimes.

I find this subject oddly disturbing and interesting at the same time. Cold and I have discussed it many times. I basically grew up here in Southern California, been here since 1970.

For those unaware of California’s history, when the evil white man came to California 475 years ago they were Catholic’s (Portuguese Catholic captain Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo in 1542).

California had for a very long time a predominately Catholic dominance here. After the 1849 Gold rush that changed for all practical intents. Growing up here in the 1970’s I can honestly say that I never witnessed any of the Catholic/Protestant strife that you guys talk about.

While I will admit that the Pastor of the Church I attended did on occasion go on a anti-catholic rant, it was always a rant against the Catholic Church itself. i.e. how the Catholic Church had lost its way but it was never against Catholic personally. (He would also periodically rant against Mormons, Jehovah’s Witness and 7th Day Adventists).

I can also say from personal experience that on those occasions when he would go on said rants that the vast majority of the Congregation would simply roll their eyes and ignore what he was saying.

Here in Southern California we all grew up living, playing and working with Catholics and no amount of rhetorical BS by any preacher was going to cause us to distrust or hate people we had grown up with as friends.

Coming from Northern California I would really love to hear Deplorable Barbarian’s take on this subject (her being a Catholic and all).

128. 133 | August 14, 2017 10:56 am

I never encountered any anti-Catholic bias growing up, but Dad being in the military involved of living on military bases and that teaches you to get along with everybody. I was suprised when I was a little older and my Mom had to explain to me why people were hesitant to vote for Kennedy because of his Catholicism. I Know that people believe we march lockstep with the Pope and that he controls our lives.

Now, if you wanted to see prejudice, Lord help us, my maternal Irish Grandmother would sound off on the Protestants and Northern Ireland constantly.

134 | August 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Rush just said something as he went into the news break: Former member of Mueller investigation team: “Government is going to kill this guy (Trump)”

I has the feel-lik-craps, going back to bed.

135 | August 14, 2017 2:12 pm

I heard similar things from my grandmother. The British wanted to hang her husband, so I get her attitude But she never disparaged Protestants,and in fact her best friend was Protestant. Her issue was nationalism.

136 | August 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Former Mueller deputy on Trump: ‘Government is going to kill this guy’

CNN counterterrorism analyst Phil Mudd warned that President Trump is agitating the government, saying during a Thursday afternoon interview with CNN anchor Jake Tapper that the U.S. government “is going to kill this guy.”

Mudd, who served as deputy director to former FBI Director Robert Mueller, said Trump’s defense of Russian President Vladimir Putin has compelled federal employees “at Langley, Foggy Bottom, CIA and State” to try to take Trump down.

“Let me give you one bottom line as a former government official. Government is going to kill this guy,” Mudd, a staunch critic of Trump, said on “The Lead.”

137 | August 14, 2017 4:45 pm

so, these folks no longer work for us.

fire them all.

138 | August 14, 2017 5:16 pm

so, these folks no longer work for us.

fire them all.

I find this statement very odd:

I don’t recall Trump defending Putin about anything. I DO recall Obama being caught out on a hot mic telling Medvedev to “tell Vlad I’ll have more flexibility after the election”.

That tells me Mudd’s offered rationale is a deliberate lie, an attempt to paint Trump as being in Putin’s pocket, or he’s just another pimp trying to be seen as a playah

139 | August 14, 2017 5:29 pm

The Deep state is real, and they are trying to over turn an election, yet they judge what is Americanism.
      They are not, not even close. They are protecting their profession from a guy who sees through them.
      They get on their high horses and talk about their values and they will not stain their souls by supporting Trump.
      This is not about their souls, it’s about their power and privilege. Elitist jackasses.

135. 140 | August 14, 2017 5:43 pm

When I was little we’d go to church followed by a visit to Pop & Gramma’s house. Along the route was an old gothic stone cathedral with three big round stained glass windows. One time dad pointed to it and said, “That’s the Mickey Church.” I thought it had something to do with Disney.

A couple of years ago, my ailing dad asked me if “Mickey Church” meant anything to me, and it all came back.

142 | August 14, 2017 5:57 pm

When does the Deep State get charged with 18 USC 115 Section 2385?

😆 never.

143 | August 14, 2017 6:31 pm

138. Buckeye Abroad
      144 | August 15, 2017 4:23 am

I think it depends on what part of the country you’re from. My rural county was settled by mainly catholic Germans (Prussians were conscripting them), but there are smaller towns in the area that exist purely due to Swiss menonites, Scandi lutherans, Scottish presbyterians, etc.. but that all evaporated with my grandparents generation.

A friend of mine had an older father of Silcian lineage growing up in Phili in the 40s– he has some tales to tell.