• TRUMP HATES THE EARTH!!!

Filed under Open thread at August 21st, 2017 - 8:44 am

TRUMP HATES THE EARTH!!! Because of HIS election by the great unwashed and uneducated, racistbigothomophobeislmophobesuvdriving hoi polloi, THE SUN WILL BE BLOTTED FROM THE SKY TODAY!!!!!

SOLAR POWER WILL BE INTERRUPTED!!!

COAL WILL HAVE TO BE BURNED!!!!!

DARKNESS WILL BEFALL THE REDDEST OF STATES!!!!!

DOOOMMMMM!!!!!!

Comments

163 Responses to “TRUMP HATES THE EARTH!!!”

1 | August 21, 2017 8:51 am

the girls will be making a camera obscura, the 10″ solar scope will be deployed.

science will be done

steaks will be cooked

2 | August 21, 2017 9:05 am

did you see that idiot who wrote that the path of the eclipse would cover all the Trump-supporting areas? Then there was another one that said it would bypass all the minority areas.

It’s about time we all woke up and realized the zombie apocalypse is actually underway. These people are seriously unwell.

3 | August 21, 2017 9:09 am

school is closed so the girl and a friend of hers will be watching the sun stuff.

in political news Rush’s friday monologue nails it

America Is Under Attack from Within

I saw some idiot Democrat on TV the other day. Oh! No! It was one of the cofounders of Black Lives Matter. A woman. Do you know what she said? “The Constitution prohibits hate speech.” I heard that, and I thought, “You know, there are going to be a lot of people that agree with it, ’cause they don’t know, because they’ve been taught that ‘hate speech’ is bad.” Who defines, by the way, “hate speech”?

But here’s the founder of Black Lives Matter: “The Constitution prohibits hate speech.” No. In fact, what the Constitution does is allows it. The First Amendment specifically permits it! That’s the point of the First Amendment, the free speech clause. There isn’t any limit that a government can put on it

4. 5 | August 21, 2017 9:14 am

steaks will be cooked

Unpossible, steaks cannot be cooked while Cthulhu is devouring the sun. It defies all laws of known physics and economics.

6 | August 21, 2017 9:24 am

I left a link for you downstairs

6. 7 | August 21, 2017 9:36 am

Cthulhu will devour the Sun

7. 8 | August 21, 2017 9:43 am

Saw it.

8. 9 | August 21, 2017 9:46 am

Where is that dang Aussie dude, he should enjoy the snark of this… Even if none of the rest of you do.

10 | August 21, 2017 9:53 am

we will sacrifice them to Cthulu so that he eats us LAST!

11 | August 21, 2017 9:54 am

Then there was another one that said it would bypass all the minority areas.

PLANETARY PHYSICS AND MECHANICS ARE RACISS!!!!

11. 12 | August 21, 2017 10:00 am

Then there was another one that said it would bypass all the minority areas.

PLANETARY PHYSICS AND MECHANICS ARE RACISS!!!!

Trump is trying to sacrifice us all to Cthulu…

13 | August 21, 2017 10:02 am

@ The Daily Caller
      The Atlantic Magazine asserts that todays eclipse is a racist event. This appears not to be satire.

14 | August 21, 2017 10:09 am

THAT’S IT! Thanks, I couldn’t remember where I saw it.

time to hunt rodents with the heathen beagle. later.

15 | August 21, 2017 10:33 am

Missouri Senate Ready To Expel Lawmaker Who Threatened Trump’s Life

Missouri Lt. Gov. Mike Parson informed a state Democratic lawmaker who threatened President Trump’s life to resign by September 13 or the state Senate will move to expel her.

Parson, a former sheriff who also serves as the president of Missouri’s State Senate, pointed to a section of the Missouri Constitution that relates to penalties for lawmakers guilty of “contempt and disorderly conduct.”

Missouri Democratic State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal called for the assassination President Donald Trump last week in a Facebook post that stated: “I hope Trump is assassinated!” during an exchange with a left-wing activist who claimed a family relative was a Secret Service agent.

According to The Springfield News Leader, Parson stipulated that Chappelle-Nadal must resign by September, the date of the upcoming veto session, or deal with expulsion from the Senate.

Missouri Democratic and Republican lawmakers called for her to resign from her seat, including most recently Democratic Missouri Rep. Emmanuel Cleaver.

15. 17 | August 21, 2017 11:03 am

In Oakland, the marine layer is not cooperating…
      Very thick low clouds. Doubt it will burn off in two hours.
      RATS.

18 | August 21, 2017 11:46 am

What Is Sheet-Caking? Tina Fey Offers Solution To America’s Alt-Right Problem

Seth Meyers and Jimmy Fallon returned to “Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update” on Thursday as former US presidents Thomas Jefferson and George Washington to mock president Donald Trump and confederate generals, but it was University of Virginia alumna Tina Fey who literally took the cake.

The actress joined Colin Host and Michael Che to condemn the violence at a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend which left one woman dead and 19 others injured.

Fey, who graduated from the university in 1992, also ripped into Trump for his condemnation of “violence on many sides.”

“It broke my heart to see these evil forces descend upon Charlottesville. Then our president, Donald John Trump — which I don’t think people talk enough about what a stupid, jackass name that is. Donald John? Whatever! He gets away with it because he’s gorgeous. Anyway, Donny John comes out and he says that he condemns violence on many sides, and I’m feeling sick because I’ve seen ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ and I wasn’t confused by it. Nazis are always bad. I don’t care what you say,” she said.

What is sheet-caking?

She also provided a simple yet effective way for all Americans to deal with other ‘alt-right’ rallies planned for this Saturday: Sheet-caking.

Rather than going to such rallies to protest, she asked people to visit a local bakery instead. “Order a cake with the American flag on it like this one and just eat it, Colin,” she said.

With this, she attacked a sheet cake with a fork and then her hands, and asked people to take her lead. With her mouth full, she also bashed white supremacists, House Speaker Paul Ryan and conservative pundit Ann Coulter, whom she termed a “yard-sale Barbie.”

“Sheet-caking is a grassroots movement. Most women I know have been doing it once a week since the election,” she said.

Fey’s furious act seemed to capture the frustration of many Americans in the past week, with the hashtags “#sheetcakemovement” and “sheetcaking” began circulating on social media soon after.

Users on Twitter were also up for making it the new protest movement.

“I support Tina Fey’s new #sheetcaking protest movement. A sheet cake a week will only bring more love to the world,” a Twitter user wrote.

This is apparently a real thing…

17. 19 | August 21, 2017 12:16 pm

Yes it is – one of the lawyers in my firm did it on Friday.

By the way, I have just purchased my last Apple product. Tim Cook is soliciting donations for the Southern Poverty Law Center. Unfortunately, I just purchased an iPhone 7 last February on the NEXT system but as soon as I am able I will be trading it in for a Galaxy. I will have to learn the Android system. Also my iPad will be traded in as well.

20 | August 21, 2017 12:57 pm

De Nada!

21 | August 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Yes it is – one of the lawyers in my firm did it on Friday.

so Tina wants everybody to go to a bakery instead of making it themselves. I could see some opportunities there.

22 | August 21, 2017 1:09 pm

I will have to learn the Android system

I just upgraded to a Galaxy S8. Android is pretty intuitive, which I’ve never found to be true of Apple, based on using my IPad. Which I won’t be giving up, they already have my money.

21. 23 | August 21, 2017 1:31 pm

Yep, exactly, I’ll be keeping what I have for the time being. My iPad is fine, it’s paid for and the iPhones will be paid for eventually. But I will not be buying the Mac when its time to prepace the desktop computer, etc. New stuff will be Samsung, Lenovo, etc. No more Apple.

24 | August 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Just passed through totality the temp dropped 5deg and it was dark as night

25 | August 21, 2017 2:36 pm

At full, you don’t need glasses

26 | August 21, 2017 2:49 pm

It was amazing how quiet it got when the night went out

27 | August 21, 2017 2:53 pm

Watch for ripple’s when the sun starts coming back out

26. 28 | August 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Science is racist?

29 | August 21, 2017 3:02 pm

what is this ‘dark as night’ stuff? It’s been darker before a thunderstorm. meh. It appears to be over already, it’s sunny again.

30 | August 21, 2017 3:06 pm

BREAKING: Man Arrested For Planting Explosives At Confederate Statue…

A 25-year-old man has been taken into custody for attempting to ‘maliciously damage or destroy property receiving federal financial assistance’, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Abe Martinez. The charges come after the FBI and ATF raided a home in Houston Sunday.

According to the complaint, on the evening of Aug. 19, 2017, a Houston park ranger observed Schneck kneeling among the bushes in front of the General Dowling Monument located in Hermann Park in Houston. Schneck was allegedly holding two small boxes with various items inside to include what appeared to be duct tape and wires. After placing the boxes on the ground per the ranger’s request, Schneck then allegedly took a drink from plastic bottle but immediately spit it on the ground. The ranger then noticed a timer and wires in the box and notified the Houston Police Department (HPD), according to the complaint.

31 | August 21, 2017 3:48 pm

how creative

32 | August 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Science is racist?

Of course,everything is.

31. 34 | August 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Racism is bad, so science is bad, so we should ignore or even get rid of science.

35 | August 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Mitch McConnell Vows to Raise U.S. Debt Ceiling

McConnell did not mention Trump in his remarks, and he did not take questions from reporters after the event. But in response to a question about where he gets his news, McConnell said he reads a variety of sources, including The New York Times.

“My view is most news is not fake,” McConnell said, which appeared to be a subtle rebuke of one of Trump’s favorite phrases. “I try not to fall in love with any particular source.”

36 | August 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Poll: Mitch McConnell’s Kentucky Approval Rating Plummets to 18 Percent

Rush Limbaugh keeps saying that there must be SOMETHING that these people are more afraid of than the ballot box.

34. 37 | August 21, 2017 6:49 pm

Hell, they don’t seem to be all that frightened of the ballot box.
      I hope Roy Moore wins in Alabama and that sniveling sycophant of Turkey Jowls goes home.

38 | August 21, 2017 6:51 pm

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS.

One Statistics Professor Was Just Banned By Google: Here Is His Story

blog, email, the whole enchilada.

I guess math is harder than we thought

39 | August 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Hell, they don’t seem to be all that frightened of the ballot box.

of course not. What’s our Plan B? Vote Democrat?

41 | August 21, 2017 8:53 pm

Ryan will be against it. Whatever it is.

I hope Trump comes on and talks about space exploration.

42 | August 21, 2017 9:04 pm

If I lived in his district, I’d attempt to bring an empty grain sack and a brand new (empty) gas can with me, waving said items in the air.

Would the Secret Service investigate me?

43 | August 21, 2017 9:05 pm

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS.

One Statistics Professor Was Just Banned By Google: Here Is His Story

blog, email, the whole enchilada.

I guess math is harder than we thought

Online payment company PayPal has banned Jihad Watch and the site’s director Robert Spencer from accepting online donations using the service.

PayPal finds the SPLC to be a credible source about ‘hate sites’

44 | August 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Would the Secret Service investigate me?

doubt it. the most recent fake news is that guarding the Trump family has busted their budget. have at it.

(the USSS has denied the report, saying those budget woes have been ongoing for about a decade – read “since Obama and his Mooch wife”)

45 | August 21, 2017 9:23 pm

I see Sasha and Malia have been running amok…

(Can’t say I blame em’. I said a while back that one of them will turn out conservative…)

46 | August 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Would the Secret Service investigate me?

The Secret Service doesn’t cover Congress. That would be the Capitol Police and/or the FBI.

47 | August 21, 2017 9:30 pm

If Trump thinks Pakistan is going to help, he’s delusional. How long did they hide bin Laden?

48 | August 21, 2017 9:31 pm

I see Sasha and Malia have been running amok…

who?

45. 49 | August 21, 2017 9:39 pm

Well, fun things at work. The project I’m on is transferring 13 (out of about 55) agents to another project. With a $2/hr pay cut. And loss of bonuses which can easily be 3-500/month. The remaining agents… well, we don’t know what the story is. Will our jobs be lost in the next month or two? Will some other project come in to replace?

God I hate not being in the loop on this stuff, especially since our supervisor (supposedly) has known about this since around February.

50 | August 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Either Sasha or Malia Obama.

One is going to hate their parents with a stubbornness to end all.

Maybe I’m wrong, just one of those things I think is going to happen.

51 | August 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Good!

Operation threaten Ryan is a go!!

😉

52 | August 21, 2017 9:49 pm

So sorry to hear that.

I’m pretty discouraged at our factory as well.

I think our major customer (it makes tech and is a fruit) is about to dump us for a cheaper competitor who does their manufacturing and assembly overseas.

Too many eggs in one basket, and the “fruit” company is near impossible to deal with and work for, despite the wholehearted endorsement ‘America’s Anchorman’ gives them constantly…)

53 | August 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Either Sasha or Malia Obama.

It was a rhetorical question

our supervisor (supposedly) has known about this since around February.

what precipitated this, what – 7 mos. ago?

54 | August 21, 2017 9:56 pm

of course they are. Their boss will do anything to fuck over Trump including give millions to the SPLC

55 | August 21, 2017 10:02 pm

In case you were wondering (and I know you were), after you guys buy me that drone with a sniper rifle for Christmas, this is what I want for my b-day.

The Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet

*mwah*

52. 56 | August 21, 2017 10:17 pm

I’m not sure. We’re a call center that’s at least supposed to save the client money over their employees. They’ve been showing us numbers for months that for the number of people we have, we’re outselling the client. We’re further over our goal for all our stats than theirs are. But for whatever reason they’re cutting way back on what they’ll pay for. 2 Team Leaders, our sales coach & our trainer are all losing their jobs, probably by the end of the month. The agents that transfer over will start training for the new project next Monday. And we’re waiting to hear if we’ll even have a site visit for some potential new clients.

57 | August 21, 2017 10:23 pm

uh huh

54. 58 | August 21, 2017 10:31 pm

I applied for 2 jobs with the same company, one in FL the other in AZ, as a quality evaluator on phone calls. I could do that either in our site or even from home. And I put in for 2 assistant manager jobs at PetsMart.

59 | August 21, 2017 10:32 pm

If I hit the Powerball I swear to God it will be the first thing I do.

After the accountant and the attorney.

60 | August 21, 2017 10:33 pm

good! good luck.

61 | August 21, 2017 10:34 pm

If I hit the Powerball I swear to God it will be the first thing I do.

After the accountant and the attorney.

I knew I could count on you!

62 | August 21, 2017 10:38 pm

The accountant and wife might ask questions.

I’ll clear it up.

Your vanity plate will read FRMBMR.

63 | August 21, 2017 10:44 pm

Your vanity plate will read FRMBMR.

damn straight.

64 | August 21, 2017 11:03 pm

Re: Trump’s speech. He said “This time we’ll win”

somebody tell me what winning looks like

65 | August 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Victory: PayPal removes ban on Jihad Watch

But Spencer tells them to fuck off anyway

I have no intention of restoring the PayPal buttons on Jihad Watch. I know where they stand now, and do not intend to place myself at their mercy again. But nonetheless, this is a victory. Free people still exist in the United States, and the fascists who call themselves anti-fascists will not prevail.

66 | August 21, 2017 11:10 pm

oh, ffs

Remember: there was no al-Qaeda until our foolish invasion of Iraq based on neocon lies

Ron Paul, bless his heart

67 | August 21, 2017 11:32 pm

And Kimberly Guilfoyle just went OFF on Yawn Williams.

“You always badmouth our military and I’m tired of it, we’re over our time (Williams is trying to talk over her) TOO BAD you can use the time next time”

68 | August 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Ron Paul, bless his heart

In the true southern sense of the phrase

69 | August 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Don’t worry mate.

I’m sitting here enjoying the ambiance!

HEH!

70 | August 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Ron Paul, bless his heart

In the true southern sense of the phrase

I’m wondering if he meant ISIS and just had a brain fart

71 | August 22, 2017 12:02 am

ok, bedtime. DO look at my birthday present and decide what color you think I should have. So far, they’re showing red and blue. Red isn’t really my color, but whatever you guys think…….nite!

72 | August 22, 2017 5:52 am

I think a nice champaigne would fit you

oh, morning y’all

73 | August 22, 2017 7:53 am

its the twins first day if school….

time flies….

74 | August 22, 2017 7:59 am

Sure, science was started by a bunch of old dead white guys, So it’s all racist except for Climate Change.
      That’s racist if you don’t buy in.

75 | August 22, 2017 8:06 am

the US and india moved much closer together last night after trumps speech. i’ve been screaming for this for years! india is our natural ally in the region. pakistan has been put on notice.

76 | August 22, 2017 8:08 am

science was started by a bunch of old dead white guys,

they was raciss too.

77 | August 22, 2017 8:15 am

I know you’ll correct me if I’m wrong/mis-remember. I caught that juxtaposition of India in there that really isn’t part of the story unless…do a lot/all/most of our supplies go thru Pakistan? Could India carry some of those routes instead?

You have to let us know how the twins do. Are they excited? Scared?
      I was so excited my first day. To this day, I remember the dress I wore and how I picked it out the night before.

78 | August 22, 2017 8:47 am

yes to the first paragraph.

one twim was excited, the other cried.

79 | August 22, 2017 8:57 am

science was started by a bunch of old dead white guys,

they was raciss too.

Oh hell yeah!

76. 80 | August 22, 2017 11:17 am

Oh Snicklegrubber. Tomorrow is my nieces “Sweet Sixteen”…

81 | August 22, 2017 6:21 pm

just read something…kaepernick is unemployed…so is RGIII. guess what htey have in common? they are zone-read passers and that style of offense is all but gone in the bigs, their pocket passing rating sux. and teams want good pocket passers. read-zone passers are squirrel-brained , pocket passers are like joe montana and dan marino.

RGIII is a conservative christian, kaepernick is a godless commie, this aint about politics folks, its about talent.

82 | August 22, 2017 8:26 pm

MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than MSESPN apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.

Unless someone tries to take down Dave Weekley statues between now and kickoff.

In which case ESPN will be royally fucked.

But, seriously, is there anything more pathetic than ESPN believing people would be offended by an Asian guy named Robert Lee sharing a name with Robert E. Lee and calling a football game? Aside from some hysterical photoshops and Internet memes which would make everyone with a functional brain laugh — Robert E. Lee pulling out all the stops to stay in Charlottesville now! — what was the big fear here? Does ESPN really believe people are this dumb or that having an Asian announcer named Robert Lee is too offensive for the average TV viewer to handle?

Yes, yes they do.

I’m sorry you work for such an idiotic company, Robert Lee.

But just to make it clear for everyone out there, the Asian man on the right is not long deceased Confederate General Robert E. Lee. He’s a different person entirely, one that is still alive and did not fight in the Civil War.

84 | August 22, 2017 8:47 pm

87 | August 22, 2017 8:55 pm

this just made tucker’s show.

88 | August 22, 2017 9:09 pm

From another site. Just a reminder that the Twitter purges are still ongoing and have been carried over on to Youtube also.

89 | August 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Google removes Jefferson Davis’ political party even though Wikipedia correctly lists him as a Democrat

84. 90 | August 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I see Sasha and Malia have been running amok…

Actually, I think both of them will Punish their parents with Babies!

91 | August 22, 2017 10:06 pm

Watching the Phoenix thing live. Hey I really try to follow politics and things. just had a minor interruption to the live feed. Missed the ashtray with a cigarette and burned through my mouse cord. LOL, I has a spare mouse!

92 | August 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Vape!

93 | August 22, 2017 10:15 pm

🙂@ Deplorable Bumr50:

Need wireless Mouse!!!

94 | August 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Link?

95 | August 22, 2017 10:25 pm

n love with hot chick two women to the left on screen.

98 | August 22, 2017 10:38 pm

LOL… not an American citizen but I care.

99 | August 22, 2017 10:44 pm

good

so Hubby, who is convinced he’s dying from congestive heart failure, depressed as hell, started this election cycle thinking Trump is a buffoon, is flat-out CHEERING and laughing and yelling YES!!

100 | August 22, 2017 10:46 pm

So fixated on the new love ov my life… When she bends forward you can see she has blonde roots!!!

101 | August 22, 2017 10:48 pm

That’s awesome.

(He’s not REALLY dying of congestive heart failure, right?)

102 | August 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Dye em’ black!

103 | August 22, 2017 10:52 pm

No Guilty Verdicts In Bundy Ranch Standoff Trial

now start prosecuting the Feds for murder

104 | August 22, 2017 10:58 pm

Google Folds, Restores Accounts Of Banned Statistics Professor

yeah, this fight isn’t over

105 | August 22, 2017 11:03 pm

Dye em’ black!

You know, part of me likes Type O Negative. The other part of me was listening to them and an hour later realized that the CD was done and I had thought that they were still on the first song, lol. They’re good but it does all kind of sound the same after a while.

106 | August 22, 2017 11:10 pm

Their ‘Summer Breeze’ cover kicks ass.

Saw em’ live. The day before I saw Lords Of Acid live at the same venue.

I was in bad shape after that.

I always thought Peter Steele would end up somewhere with such a distinctive voice.

Maybe he just made enough money…:)

107 | August 22, 2017 11:11 pm

He’s not REALLY dying of congestive heart failure, right?)

he has congestive heart failure. he’s sick. he’s a little better since he got out of the hospital (last June) but he’s sick. Dying? Aren’t we all?

108 | August 22, 2017 11:11 pm

now start prosecuting the Feds for murder

Amen. Civil suit.

109 | August 22, 2017 11:16 pm

🙁

I am so sorry to hear that, and to have missed it if you’ve said that before.

My prayers are with your hubbie.

110 | August 22, 2017 11:23 pm

He’s not REALLY dying of congestive heart failure, right?)

Hoping for the best. Heart stuff is my biggest fear. (Just found out I’m going to be going in for knee surgery, so I have to deal with my second biggest fear, anesthetic.)

111 | August 22, 2017 11:23 pm

Their ‘Summer Breeze’ cover kicks ass.

Saw em’ live. The day before I saw Lords Of Acid live at the same venue.

I was in bad shape after that.

Maybe he just made enough money…:)

Maybe so. That’s cool.

112 | August 22, 2017 11:26 pm

don’t worry. I’ll tell you when to worry. I’m not worried, there’ll be plenty of time for that but it’s not now. Now it’s time to love Trump kicking ass. And thank you.

113 | August 22, 2017 11:32 pm

I can’t wait to see what the MSM is going to melt down over from this speech. Trump never gives up, I’ll say that for him. I’m thinking he gets energized from the crowds

114 | August 22, 2017 11:33 pm

I really enjoyed that speech.

115 | August 22, 2017 11:41 pm

apparently Don Lemon on CNN called it a Castro-like speech.

Hell, I thought CNN LIKED Castro. Free health care and all that….

116 | August 22, 2017 11:55 pm

I really enjoyed that speech.

I absolutely LOVED it. Whatever else, Trump is a lot of fun just because he sticks it to all the right people and loves doing it.

117 | August 22, 2017 11:58 pm

Respect the clear, no-BS stance that Lemon/CNN and O’Donnell/MSNBC are taking right now. Pointing out the lies & unhinged tone.

ok, Russia collusion didn’t work, Charlottesville is backfiring on the left, so now – let’s push the Trump is unstable meme.

118 | August 23, 2017 12:02 am

CNN panel doing psychiatric analysis. Don Lemon speculating about “early onset dementure.” Maria Cardona says DJT “psychotically demented.”

‘demeenture’? Oh, yeah, from the guy that wondered if the Malaysian airliner disappeared into a black hole.

119 | August 23, 2017 12:08 am

Lemon called it a “total eclipse of the facts,” saying Trump had come out on stage and “lied directly” to the American people about his response to the white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Va.

“He’s unhinged. It’s embarrassing, and I don’t mean for us, the media, because he went after us, but for the country,” Lemon said. “This is who we elected President of the United States?”

“His speech was without thought,” he added. “It was without reason. It was devoid of facts. It was devoid of wisdom. There was no gravitas.

There was no sanity there.”

120 | August 23, 2017 12:11 am

That speech was a hot mess. Trump is unstable, and the people who support him are even worse. They must be stopped.

Keith Boykin is a CNN analyst. I assume it’s ok with him if Antifa does the ‘stopping’

121 | August 23, 2017 12:16 am

CNN – watching live – James Clapper – how much longer must we endure this nightmare – no moral clarity, blah blah blah – Lemon is trying to restart the Russia thing

Is Trump a threat to national security? Lemon to Clapper

He certainly could be. I worry about his access to nuclear codes. In a fit a pique…..Clapper to Lemon

I’m going to bed. It’s good to know how threatened these guys feel. nite.

122 | August 23, 2017 12:17 am

The silent majority voted, and won.

Sit down, shut up and quit having a temper tantrum before we spank your @ss.

123 | August 23, 2017 12:58 am

I consider most of what I have read from these media jackasses to be attempts to incite violence. ALL of them need to pay. I wouldn’t normally be in favor of imprisoning people, but this is turning into a case of do it to them before they can do it to us. I also think they are attempting to incite an attempt on the Presidents life. If he’s “unhinged” and “unstable”, then it must be a good thing to remove him no matter what. Of course, these scum will just sit behind their desks and typewriters and swear that that wasn’t what they meant. SPIT.

124 | August 23, 2017 6:48 am

That they lost the election is a detail, and violence is just a means to the end.

This is an attempted coup in slow motion. Clapper is Brennan’s bitch, always has been.

good morning.

125 | August 23, 2017 7:04 am

morning eagle
      about to take the girl to school

133 | August 23, 2017 7:42 am

hmmm…

I don’t consider that much of a challenge. Amazon Prime and their fast shipping have it all over voice command

134 | August 23, 2017 8:42 am

somebody has to step up, amazon doesn’t need all the money

137 | August 23, 2017 9:07 am

make it go viral

138 | August 23, 2017 10:20 am

ok, this is a ‘heads up’ re: U.S. shale

A couple of notable things have occurred in the past month or so. Pioneer Natural Resources, a top Permian producer, raised concerns when it told investors that its Permian shale wells were coming up with a higher natural gas-to-oil ratio than expected, a potentially worrying sign. The company also reported that it had trouble with some of its wells, forcing it to delay some completions.

Separately, Goldman Sachs reported that top investors are souring on U.S. shale E&Ps, with poor performances leading investors to search for ways to “reallocate capital” elsewhere in the energy space. That is big red flag for the shale industry, which is still struggling to consistently post profits despite the highly-touted cost reductions over the past few years.

But the newest sign of trouble comes from the Wall Street Journal, which just reported that more oil producers are shunning shale drilling and using their scarce dollars to reinvest in older conventional wells. “As crude prices languish under $50 a barrel, and with increasing costs for land, labor and infrastructure, some shale fracking operations are starting to look expensive,” the WSJ reported.

The WSJ says that although Wall Street has showered the shale industry with billions of dollars in capital, and although that has led to a surge in oil production, shale producers by and large are still not profitable. At today’s prices, the WSJ says, “most producers are losing money on every barrel they pump.”

As a result, some oil companies are returning to conventional wells

And Rain, per that Mike Rowe piece you posted:

Russ Feingold just used the same technique:

“The lesson from Charlottesville is not how dangerous the neo-Nazis are,” he writes. “It is the unmasking of the Republican party leadership. In the wake of last weekend’s horror and tragedy, let us finally, finally rip off the veneer that Trump’s affinity for white supremacy is distinct from the Republican agenda of voter suppression, renewed mass incarceration and the expulsion of immigrants.”

Finally, finally, someone on the Left just came out and said it. Being a Republican is apparently no different than being a white supremacist. Supporting a lower marginal tax rate puts you in the same company as the Ku Klux Klan. Therefore, punching a Nazi is the same as punching someone wearing a MAGA hat.

This is the logical endpoint of what social justice warriors have been arguing since before Charlottesville. Everyone who opposes their political agenda does so out of hatred and bigotry, and there’s little difference between the GOP establishment and fringe neo-Nazi groups.

Feingold’s column, along with countless tweets and news commentary from left-wing pundits, underscores what some of us have been saying all along about Charlottesville and the Confederate statue controversy: this is not about neo-Nazis, or the Civil War, or the rise of white nationalism in American politics.

“They need everyone who is not a card-carrying supporter of their political movement to be a total evil that justifies unlimited reprisal: from getting people fired from their jobs to beating them with sticks in the streets.”

“You need to understand something. Trump is not our last chance. Trump is your last chance”.

Kurt Schlichter

125. 139 | August 23, 2017 11:23 am

What a load of pure unadulterated bullshit. The breakeven point is well under $20.00 per barrel. {I’ve heard that in reality, its between $10.00 and $12.00 per barrel)

This is really simple. Investors and corporate executives got a taste insane profits when crude was selling at $140.00 per barrel. There was never any justification or excuse for crude to sell at those prices. (OPEC pushed prices up there to fund Islam’s conquest of the West)

Yes, I know. Everyone wants to make a profit. They want as high a profit margin as they can get. That is human nature. Just as it is also human nature to want to get a product at as low a price as possible.

History has proven time and time again, that there are individuals, whom in the quest for profit will do literally anything. Profit here and now outweigh the consequences of whatever obtaining those profits might entail.

The Energy Industry and various investors saw easy and insane profits, and now they want those insane profits back again as if they were the norm rather than an insane outlier that should never have existed.

The profit margins they are trying to make the norm nearly destroyed the entire worlds economy (and still probably will). This is not hyperbole or exaggeration. The fact that the average person cannot grasp the mathematics behind this assertion does not make those mathematics invalid or disappear.

The math does not care one little bit that you or anyone else do not understand it or like it. The math here is known as “The Rule of 72”. It is absolute and nonnegotiable.

It translates in very simple terms to this.

The higher your profit margin, the shorter the amount of time until those profit margins exceed the total combined liquidity of the entire world combined.

1 grain of rice, doubled 72 times has a weigh 5 times greater than the entire planet earth.

The Rule of 72 is why the financial markets have cyclical “Corrections”. The greater the sustained profit margins, the greater the “Market Correction”.

Yes, everybody wants to make as much profit as possible. Sadly very few are willing or capable of grasping the consequences involved in reaping unrealistic profits.

1 penny doubled 72 times exceeds the combined wealth of the entire planet earth. ($47,223,664,828,696,452,136.95)

Economics is not a Zero Sum equation but wealth distribution must be less than or equal to wealth creation or economics become a negative sum equation.

Market Corrections literal represent a condition where the servicing percentage of market liquidity exceeds the value of the market capitalization.

In other words, the interest is more than the capital. The severity of the correction is directly proportionate to the disparity.

140 | August 23, 2017 11:50 am

ok, I understood everything you wrote. I have a question: is part of the producers’ picture an issue of ‘return on investment’, i.e., they haven’t been able to recoup the initial investment at the rate they anticipated and that’s skewing their ‘futures’ charts?

141 | August 23, 2017 11:57 am

Brent Bozell on Stuart Varney re: ESPN reassigning Robert Lee off the Univ. Virginia football game.

It turns out ESPN owns the SEC. Which is comprised entirely of schools from the Confederacy.

Therefore, ESPN must immediately forfeit that ownership.

142 | August 23, 2017 12:09 pm

I forget the word for this…oh, yeah! WINNING!

The first shipment of U.S. anthracite coal to Ukraine is now heading from the U.S. port Baltimore, with a ceremony to mark the launch of the trade broadcast live on Facebook by the Embassy of Ukraine in the United States on Aug. 21.

Pennsylvania-based XCoal Energy and Resources signed a contract with Ukrainian state energy company Centerenergo on July 31, guaranteeing the provision of 700,000 tons of anthracite coal in the next few months. The deal followed talks by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s with U.S. President Donald J. Trump’s administration in June.

129. 143 | August 23, 2017 1:12 pm

That question is actually much trickier than it seems. ROI is usually calculated as net profit divided by total assets.

Before going any further, I must ask, do you understand the difference between “Gross” and “Net”?

Gross Revenue is the total of all revenue generated.

Net Revenue is the revenue generated after all mandatory expenditures. (Operating expenses, Overhead, Capitalization and Amortization)

Gross Profit and Net Profit are the same

Gross profit is the total profit earned.

Net Profit is the profit earned after mandatory disbursement of investor dividends.

This is what makes this so tricky. Future Capitalization and Amortization expenses can, and often are used to hide/shelter current profits.

Capitalization and Amortization both represent debt structures.

One (Capitalization) represents the cost of acquisition of capital assets, to wit, physical tangible assets, machinery, facilities equipment and such.

The other represents financial instruments, i.e. loans, mortgages, stock issues.

Do you see where this gets tricky yet?

If you have a 20 year Capitalization and Amortization schedule the Capitalization and Amortizations are typically supposed to be divided up and entered into your ledger on a year by year basis.

Your ROI is then calculated year by year based on the numbers generated by the schedule. You can substantially alter your ROI by altering the Capitalization and Amortization percentage rates per fiscal year. Since doing so alters your year to year Net Profit rate and ROI is Net Profit divided by total Asset Value.

Remember, tangible assets typically depreciate in value over time. A tangible asset with a 1 million dollar value today, might be worth only $10,000.00 in 20 years.

Capitalization is suppose to allow you to place a graduated valuation on that asset so that 20 years from now you are now making payments on an asset at the same percentage rate as when it was brand new. In other words, so you are not still paying an interest rate on a million dollars on an asset only worth $10,000.00.

By shifting the interest rate on your Capitalization schedule forward you are betting that even though the asset value has depreciated, its revenue generation will remain constant.

This allows you to hide/shelter early profit while declaring a boon profit later down the road. (A boon profit is defined as an unexpected profit).

130. 144 | August 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Oops, that NOW is suppose to be a NOT

145 | August 23, 2017 1:15 pm

ok, this is a ‘heads up’ re: U.S. shale

As a result, some oil companies are returning to conventional wells

And Rain, per that Mike Rowe piece you posted:

Russ Feingold just used the same technique:

Kurt Schlichter

Feingold just encouraged violence in this article and thus should be in jail.

146 | August 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Oops, that NOW is suppose to be a NOT…

s’kay, I knew what you meant. Everything you explained is pretty simple. However, I am pretty sure these people are not stupid. Greed is good, until you cut your nose off to spite your face, so I don’t think obscene profits is the driver here (“shale producers by and large are still not profitable”). They want OIL, they’re getting GAS, so they’re going to older wells where they can reliably get oil. And then there’s this: The company also reported that it had trouble with some of its wells, forcing it to delay some completions.

I really wish they had said more about that. What kind of trouble? Because if they’re pulling crap in test drills, that could mean their geology was wrong. Or if they bought steel that isn’t what they thought it was – say from CHINA – that’s another can of worms

And in other news: Valerie Plame wants to buy a controlling interest in twitter so they can ban Trump. She’s starting a GoFundMe page, hoping to raise $1 billion, with a ‘b’ ( “a small price to pay to take away Trump’s most powerful megaphone and prevent a horrific nuclear war.”).

Leaving aside, for the moment, that this is the caliber of moron the CIA has been hiring over the years, no one looks at this and thinks it’s anything but bullshit.

So what is she up to?

147 | August 23, 2017 3:12 pm

Feingold just encouraged violence in this article and thus should be in jail.

Even if it were illegal, the list of things Feingold couldn’t incite is right up there with Pajama Boy’s and Kasich’s. He’s about as inspiring as mold.

148 | August 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Feingold just encouraged violence in this article and thus should be in jail.

Very true. I just think it’s time to start shutting this crap down before they start trying to kill us.

149 | August 23, 2017 7:57 pm

Ok, where is everybody? If you’re not here raise your hand

151 | August 23, 2017 8:20 pm

because “Lee” is not asian at all

152 | August 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Worse Than Was Thought: U.S. Diplomats In Cuba Suffered Brain injuries From ‘Sonic Attack’

Invade the place – FOR REAL this time – and turn it into a fucking timeshare

153 | August 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Reuters Calls Asian Announcer Robert Lee A ‘Doppelgänger’ Then ‘Namesake’ Of Confederate General

Yeah…no

Sure, because all Asian parents want to name their kids after Confederate generals.
      It’s common knowledge.

154 | August 23, 2017 9:11 pm

BREAKING: Texas Voter ID Law Struck Down By Obama Appointed Federal Judge

A federal court judge in Texas struck down the state’s voter ID law on Wednesday, ruling it had a discriminatory intent and effect against Hispanic and African American voters.

The decision is a blow to the Texas legislature and to President Trump’s Justice Department, which had asked the judge to halt efforts to overturn the state’s new voter ID law since it had expanded voter ID options from an earlier version, and would protect the integrity of elections in Texas.

But U.S. District Court Judge Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos said the state’s new law “SB 5”, which had been rewritten to meet requirements set forth from the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals after it had ruled in 2014 against an earlier voter ID law, “SB 14”, did nothing to cure the previous issues of racial animus and issued an injunction, preventing the law from going into effect.

“SB 5 perpetuates the selection of types of ID most likely to be possessed by Anglo voters and, disproportionately, not possessed by Hispanics and African-Americans,” Judge Ramos wrote in the 27-page opinion for the court.

140. 155 | August 23, 2017 9:36 pm

The announcer & Gen. Lee looks nothing alike, so ‘Doppelganger’ doesn’t fit.

And I guess anyone named Robert Lee would have to change their name. God help any Generals named Robert Lee or Thomas Jackson. Or anyone sharing the name of any Confederate General.

156 | August 23, 2017 9:37 pm

This jackass judge needs to explain this. Unless he specifically means illegals then he is blatantly lying.

157 | August 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Somebody please tell me there was a confederate soldier named Bob Costas

winning the innernut…………….

158 | August 23, 2017 9:43 pm

That’s an explicitly racist opinion.

What “types” of ID do Hispanics and African Americans have that others don’t?

159 | August 23, 2017 9:48 pm

I would have just asked the judge, who is apparently Hispanic, if she had an ID in her wallet.

When she said yes, I’d move for dismissal, since that would have been more evidence in my favor than the plaintiffs had. They haven’t produced a single person who can’t obtain an ID.

160 | August 23, 2017 9:53 pm

Exactly.
      Even if you are on Public Assistance you need id by law.

161 | August 23, 2017 10:01 pm

I hope CW saw the Pirates game. The Dodgers’ pitcher, Rich Hill, pitched a 9-inning no-hitter, they went into the 10th 0-0. Then he threw his last pitch – a walk-off home-run.

Pirates 1-0

162 | August 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Exactly.
      Even if you are on Public Assistance you need id by law.

So, can we then get a judgment that requiring ID to purchase a firearm (a 2nd amendment right) is racist and therefore those laws should be overturned?

163 | August 23, 2017 11:19 pm

Exactly.
      Even if you are on Public Assistance you need id by law.

Sounds right to me. But, I bet none of these judges that are pulling this crap would even hear this kind of case.