First time visitor? Learn more.
  • No content found in .

  • Labor Day 2017 Open

    by coldwarrior ( 60 Comments › )
    Filed under Open thread at September 4th, 2017 - 8:50 am

    Enjoy this open…I’m in the salt mines for 3 more days.

    Comments

    Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

    Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

    Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

    We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

    Play nice!

    60 Responses to “Labor Day 2017 Open”
    ( jump to bottom )

    1. coldwarrior
      1 | September 4, 2017 8:52 am

      in celebration, i had a romeo y julieta 1875 with a neat casa noble tequila.

      fruits of my labor.

      ‘night yinz!


    2. lobo91
      2 | September 4, 2017 10:44 am

      Trump Has Decided To End DACA

      President Trump has decided to end the Obama-era “Dreamers” program, but not for another six months — giving Congress the chance to act, a report says.

      Sources told Politico that the White House plans to do away with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, also known as DACA, despite facing backlash from both sides of the aisle.

      The program will be pulled approximately a half-year from now, allowing for lawmakers to figure out what to do with the estimated 800,000 undocumented immigrants who are benefiting from it.


    3. eaglesoars
      3 | September 4, 2017 11:01 am

      @ lobo91:

      yeah, it’s bullshit, but it’s politically clever bullshit. Trump can say he ordered an end to the program but gave Congress the leeway it asked for to implement a sane way to do it, so when they fuck it up beyond all recognition – which they will – the onus will be on them.

      He’s learning.


    4. RIX
      4 | September 4, 2017 12:14 pm

      @ eaglesoars:
      I do believe that you nailed it.


    5. 5 | September 4, 2017 12:25 pm

      @ eaglesoars:
      But he’ll still be racist for not keeping the program as is, and continuing to let new applicants take advantage of the program.

      Hell, he should just throw the borders wide open.
      //


    6. lobo91
      6 | September 4, 2017 12:59 pm

      @ right_wing2:

      Hell, he should just throw the borders wide open.

      That’s certainly what they want


    7. Aussie Infidel
      7 | September 4, 2017 5:01 pm

      eaglesoars wrote:

      @ lobo91:

      yeah, it’s bullshit, but it’s politically clever bullshit. Trump can say he ordered an end to the program but gave Congress the leeway it asked for to implement a sane way to do it, so when they fuck it up beyond all recognition – which they will – the onus will be on them.

      He’s learning.

      It’s a bit like ……

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_JOGmXpe5I

      HEH!

      🙂


    8. 8 | September 4, 2017 5:04 pm

      President Trump gave Конгресс six months to fix this. At the same time, he gave the Dreamers six months to DEPORT THEMSELVES!
      #MAGA


    9. lobo91
      9 | September 4, 2017 6:09 pm

      Hillary Clinton endorsed a startup — and then it fell victim to a cyber attack

      Hillary Clinton is allegedly at the center of another cyber attack — except this time it involves a startup that’s trying to become something of a social network for her political supporters.

      The saga began Sunday night when Clinton — to the apparent surprise of her followers — took to Twitter to offer her personal endorsement of a new, relatively unknown website called Verrit.

      In the words of its creator, Peter Daou, Verrit is his attempt to create an online hub for Clinton backers so that they can find easy-to-share facts, stats and other “information you can take out to social media when you’re having debates on key issues people are discussing,” he said in an interview.

      The “65.8 million” referenced in Clinton’s tweet refers to her own vote total from the 2016 presidential election. Daou repeatedly declined to say if he had contacted the former secretary of state in a bid to secure her public show of support, and Clinton’s political organization — Onward Together — did not respond to emails seeking comment about its involvement in the effort. Already, the group has funded a number of organizations that are fighting against President Donald Trump.

      Soon after Clinton’s tweet, though, Verrit stopped loading for web users — the result of a “pretty significant and sophisticated” cyber attack, Daou told Recode. He declined to share the name of his hosting company, and did not yet know who exactly was behind the incident. But he said the traffic driven by Clinton’s endorsement — which generated more than 10,000 new Twitter followers for Verrit — isn’t responsible for the outage.

      Once it’s back online, Daou nonetheless has big ideas for Verrit. A former aide to Clinton’s 2008 campaign who later ran ShareBlue, a left-leaning news site that defended her candidacy, he wants Verrit to become a “platform or place in the media” for Clinton backers to “call home and feel like they’re not facing attacks and smears and harassment and false narratives and negative talking points.”

      Eventually, Daou hopes the site will have a podcast, some analysis, a hub on YouTube and other elements, as he aims to help Clinton backers fight the “bullying from the radical right and fringe left. Asked about funders, Daou said he’s “just beginning the process, actually.”

      “This is a brand-new organic project,” he continued. “We launched this in June, and we’re just beginning the process of how we’re going to expand and grow the company and finance it.”

      It just isn’t loading on Sunday night, at least for now.


    10. RIX
      10 | September 4, 2017 6:53 pm

      https://www.weaselzippers.us/355832-chicago-endures-30-shootings-4-fatalities-over-labor-day-weekend/
      We’re number one, Chirac! This is because a Democrat City Hall (Emanuel) will not react. They know where
      these shootings are taking place, but are afraid to offend the base.


    11. rain of lead
      11 | September 4, 2017 7:56 pm

      it’s foot ball time in TENNESSE!!!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM-M79Lfrw


    12. lobo91
      12 | September 4, 2017 8:02 pm

      Canada demands U.S. end ‘right to work’ laws as part of NAFTA talks

      Canadian negotiators are demanding the United States roll back so-called “right to work” laws – accused of gutting unions in some U.S. states by starving them of money – as part of the renegotiation of the North American free-trade agreement. The request is part of a push by Ottawa to get the U.S. and Mexico to adopt higher labour standards under the deal.

      Mexico, meanwhile, is campaigning to include its oil and gas sector in the deal.

      These major moves on the labour and energy files came over the weekend at the second round of NAFTA renegotiations in Mexico City.

      One group of negotiators spent all day Sunday working on the labour file, according to a schedule of the talks obtained by The Globe and Mail. One source familiar with the discussions said Canada wants the United States to pass a federal law stopping state governments from enacting right-to-work legislation; the source said the United States has not agreed to such a request. Canada believes that lower labour standards in the United States and Mexico, including right to work, give those countries an unfair advantage in attracting jobs.


    13. eaglesoars
      13 | September 4, 2017 8:14 pm

      @ lobo91:

      HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! We should give them one of those pocket versions of the Constitution.

      I forget where I saw this, but I got a kick out of it. Poland has told the EU “We’re not taking your bloody refugees, go piss up a rope”

      The EU threatened them with all sorts of economic blackmail.

      So Poland comes back and says they will be asking for reparations from Germany for WW II.

      It got real quiet.


    14. 14 | September 4, 2017 9:14 pm

      @ lobo91:
      I fully support someone’s right to join a union. And I fully support someone’s right to not join a union. That right must be exercised in the privacy of a ballot box, where neither union organizers nor company management knows how you voted.


    15. 15 | September 4, 2017 9:44 pm

      right_wing2 wrote:

      That right must be exercised in the privacy of a ballot box, where neither union organizers nor company management knows how you voted.

      Or has any influence on that vote


    16. Possum
      16 | September 4, 2017 10:10 pm

      Looking forward to some day in the next few weeks when I meet my friend and we have nothing at all to talk about.

      Sitting together and not speaking for a few hours will be very nice.

      Difficult to put into words, but nothing to talk about for a few hours would be great.


    17. eaglesoars
      17 | September 4, 2017 10:55 pm

      @ Possum:

      I just tell my husband to shut up.

      I just realized who Jeff Flake reminds me of physically. John Kerry. Ewwwwwwwwww.


    18. rain of lead
      18 | September 4, 2017 11:23 pm

      the kick is blocked
      ot ot ot


    19. rain of lead
      19 | September 5, 2017 5:54 am

      morning y’all

      Irma is shaping up to be a real bitch

      https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/09/05/hurricane-irma-update-south-florida-both-coasts-pay-close-attention/#more-138194

      A Category 5 storm that skirts the Western coast of Florida, from Ten Thousand Islands Northward to Sarasota, and maintains inflow energy from the Gulf of Mexico, is a topography changing event.

      Repeat: “A topography changing event.”


    20. rain of lead
      20 | September 5, 2017 6:40 am

      Water Cannon + Taunting Antifa Thug = A Lovely, Lovely Thing

      http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=371407


    21. Deplorable Martian Overlord
      21 | September 5, 2017 2:53 pm

      eaglesoars wrote:

      @ lobo91:

      yeah, it’s bullshit, but it’s politically clever bullshit. Trump can say he ordered an end to the program but gave Congress the leeway it asked for to implement a sane way to do it, so when they fuck it up beyond all recognition – which they will – the onus will be on them.

      He’s learning.

      Definitely learning.


    22. Deplorable Martian Overlord
      22 | September 5, 2017 2:55 pm

      lobo91 wrote:

      Canada demands U.S. end ‘right to work’ laws as part of NAFTA talks

      Canadian negotiators are demanding the United States roll back so-called “right to work” laws – accused of gutting unions in some U.S. states by starving them of money – as part of the renegotiation of the North American free-trade agreement. The request is part of a push by Ottawa to get the U.S. and Mexico to adopt higher labour standards under the deal.

      Mexico, meanwhile, is campaigning to include its oil and gas sector in the deal.

      These major moves on the labour and energy files came over the weekend at the second round of NAFTA renegotiations in Mexico City.

      One group of negotiators spent all day Sunday working on the labour file, according to a schedule of the talks obtained by The Globe and Mail. One source familiar with the discussions said Canada wants the United States to pass a federal law stopping state governments from enacting right-to-work legislation; the source said the United States has not agreed to such a request. Canada believes that lower labour standards in the United States and Mexico, including right to work, give those countries an unfair advantage in attracting jobs.

      “Gutting unions by denying them money.” Really? If unions were a desirable thing they would have no issue getting members. I love dirtbags that want to strip people of their right to choose how they work and where they work.


    23. Deplorable Martian Overlord
      23 | September 5, 2017 2:56 pm

      If Canada wants fair competition then they need to stop bending over for the unions and allow people freedom. But, that would dry up the funding for scum like Trudeau.


    24. Deplorable Martian Overlord
      24 | September 5, 2017 3:00 pm

      lobo91 wrote:

      Hillary Clinton endorsed a startup — and then it fell victim to a cyber attack

      Hillary Clinton is allegedly at the center of another cyber attack — except this time it involves a startup that’s trying to become something of a social network for her political supporters.

      The saga began Sunday night when Clinton — to the apparent surprise of her followers — took to Twitter to offer her personal endorsement of a new, relatively unknown website called Verrit.

      In the words of its creator, Peter Daou, Verrit is his attempt to create an online hub for Clinton backers so that they can find easy-to-share facts, stats and other “information you can take out to social media when you’re having debates on key issues people are discussing,” he said in an interview.

      The “65.8 million” referenced in Clinton’s tweet refers to her own vote total from the 2016 presidential election. Daou repeatedly declined to say if he had contacted the former secretary of state in a bid to secure her public show of support, and Clinton’s political organization — Onward Together — did not respond to emails seeking comment about its involvement in the effort. Already, the group has funded a number of organizations that are fighting against President Donald Trump.

      Soon after Clinton’s tweet, though, Verrit stopped loading for web users — the result of a “pretty significant and sophisticated” cyber attack, Daou told Recode. He declined to share the name of his hosting company, and did not yet know who exactly was behind the incident. But he said the traffic driven by Clinton’s endorsement — which generated more than 10,000 new Twitter followers for Verrit — isn’t responsible for the outage.

      Once it’s back online, Daou nonetheless has big ideas for Verrit. A former aide to Clinton’s 2008 campaign who later ran ShareBlue, a left-leaning news site that defended her candidacy, he wants Verrit to become a “platform or place in the media” for Clinton backers to “call home and feel like they’re not facing attacks and smears and harassment and false narratives and negative talking points.”

      Eventually, Daou hopes the site will have a podcast, some analysis, a hub on YouTube and other elements, as he aims to help Clinton backers fight the “bullying from the radical right and fringe left. Asked about funders, Daou said he’s “just beginning the process, actually.”

      “This is a brand-new organic project,” he continued. “We launched this in June, and we’re just beginning the process of how we’re going to expand and grow the company and finance it.”

      It just isn’t loading on Sunday night, at least for now.

      Let me get this straight. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Google, and god knows how many other social media type sites and search engines are banning all opinion that dissents from liberal orthodoxy, but THEY require a “safe space”, what the hell?

      Oh, and Gab was forced to remove a tweet by their provider. The left has now found out they can suppress gab by enough complaints. (Haven’t seen the offending tweet myself, but I know some of what happened from reading another site.)


    25. RIX
      25 | September 5, 2017 3:39 pm

      @ Deplorable Martian Overlord:
      On the one hand the left looks childish suppressing speech, but on the other hand this is dangerous.
      this is how totalitarianism begins. I know that the Constitution only protects free speech from the government,
      but there is a near social media monopoly.
      “once we have perfected the language the revolution will be complete” 1984


    26. 26 | September 5, 2017 3:40 pm

      Deplorable Martian Overlord wrote:

      If Canada wants fair competition then they need to stop bending over for the unions and allow people freedom. But, that would dry up the funding for scum like Trudeau.

      This whole thing about “right to work” is just the Liberano’s pandering to their base. When they get smacked down they can then turn to them and say “See? We tried at least.”
      Win-win as far as they’re concerned.


    27. coldwarrior
      27 | September 5, 2017 4:52 pm

      PaladinPhil wrote:

      This whole thing about “right to work” is just the Liberano’s pandering to their base. When they get smacked down they can then turn to them and say “See? We tried at least.”
      Win-win as far as they’re concerned.

      exactly


    28. coldwarrior
      28 | September 5, 2017 4:58 pm

      U.S. Virgin Islands Gov. Kenneth Mapp signed an emergency order allowing the seizure of private guns, ammunition, explosives and property the National Guard may need to respond to Hurricane Irma.

      you dont need no stinking constitution.


    29. eaglesoars
      29 | September 5, 2017 5:07 pm

      @ coldwarrior:

      that should be fun. I couldn’t even FIND a place down there to buy ammo. The only people I’m aware of who take care to arm themselves are people who live on their boats. I’m not sure people lock their doors. St. Croix might be a problem as it was so overrun with drugs/crime cruise ships stopped going there but I think they got that cleaned up. The only other people would be store owners and they won’t comply. Especially on St Thomas where all the jewelry is. Nope.

      So basically he’s going after the drug dealers. good luck.


    30. coldwarrior
      30 | September 5, 2017 5:25 pm

      the AG made an appearance today. so he is in fact still alive.


    31. coldwarrior
      31 | September 5, 2017 5:26 pm

      @ eaglesoars:

      i wouldnt comply either


    32. coldwarrior
      32 | September 5, 2017 5:28 pm

      talked to rodan, he isnt sure what is going to happen with this hurricane till thursday or so…nothing like being in limbo


    33. eaglesoars
      33 | September 5, 2017 5:38 pm

      @ coldwarrior:

      give him a *smooch* from me please.


    34. coldwarrior
      34 | September 5, 2017 5:58 pm

      will do…

      ,,,salt mines…two more shifts…then many dayz off!


    35. Deplorable Bumr50
      35 | September 5, 2017 5:58 pm

      @ coldwarrior:

      I just talked to my Dad. He’s selling his house in Sarasota and is moving to Nokomis.

      His closing (new house) was set for today, but it was postponed.

      So, not great that hurricane is bearing down, but not owning TWO houses in the path of a hurricane is a win!!


    36. eaglesoars
      36 | September 5, 2017 6:29 pm

      @ Deplorable Bumr50:

      A friend of ours is a travel agent who has clients currently stranded in Costa Rica. They were supposed to return to Houston – and now she’s trying to get them back just to D.C. where they have relatives – but all flights are cancelled and it looks like they’re going to have to ride out the storm.


    37. RIX
      37 | September 5, 2017 8:17 pm

      https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2017/09/05/rahm-emanuel-declares-chicago-not-just-a-sanctuary-city-but-a-trump-free-zone/
      @ Twitchy
      Rahm Emanuel visits a school with 1/3 illegals and declares Chicago a Trump Free Zone.
      Riiiight , Chicago and the State of Illinois are pretty much bankrupt and you know they will be looking for a government bail out, because the bonds are pretty much junk status.
      Let’s review, Republican Governor Rauner disses Trump by boycotting the Convention and the Inauguration.
      Then Emanuel pulls this disrespectful stunt. They better hope that Trump is a bigger man than they are.


    38. RIX
      38 | September 5, 2017 8:37 pm

      http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/09/just-cant-make-planned-parenthood-ceo-says-believe-every-person-right-live/
      @ Gateway pundit
      Ok, she actually said this, you can’t make this up. Does she think before she speaks?


    39. lobo91
      39 | September 5, 2017 8:39 pm

      @ RIX:

      But she gets to decide who qualifies as a “person”


    40. lobo91
      40 | September 5, 2017 8:42 pm

      Dem Rep Says John Kelly ‘Is A Disgrace To The Uniform He Used To Wear’

      Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez of Illinois personally attacked White House chief of staff Gen. John Kelly for serving the Trump administration as it moves to phase out the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

      “General Kelly is a hypocrite who is a disgrace to the uniform he used to wear. He has no honor and should be drummed out of the White House along with the white supremacists and those enabling the President’s actions by ‘just following orders,’” Gutierrez said in a statement issued hours after Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that DACA will be phased out.

      Gutierrez, who never served in the military himself, argued that Kelly is reneging on a commitment to protect the 800,000 so-called “Dreamers” shielded from deportation by the 2012 policy directive.


    41. RIX
      41 | September 5, 2017 8:43 pm

      lobo91 wrote:

      @ RIX:

      But she gets to decide who qualifies as a “person”

      The woman has no sense of irony.


    42. lobo91
      42 | September 5, 2017 8:46 pm

      BREAKING: Court Of Appeals Upholds Allows Texas To Use New Voter ID Law

      A divided federal appeals court has stayed a lower judge’s ruling barring Texas from implementing a revised version of its voter identification law.

      A panel of the New Orleans-based 5th Circuit Court of Appeals voted, 2-1, to allow Texas to use the revised voter ID measure known as SB 5 for this November’s elections.

      “The State has made a strong showing that it is likely to succeed on the merits. SB 5 allows voters without qualifying photo ID to cast regular ballots by executing a declaration that they face a reasonable impediment to obtaining qualifying photo ID. This declaration is made under the penalty of perjury,” Judges Jerry Smith and Jennifer Elrod wrote in a joint order Tuesday. “The State has made a strong showing that this reasonable-impediment procedure remedies plaintiffs’ alleged harm and thus forecloses plaintiffs’ injunctive relief.”

      Smith and Elrod also faulted U.S. District Court Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos for going beyond the scope of a previous 5th Circuit ruling instructing her to assess whether SB 5 had cured problems with SB 14, another voter ID measure Texas passed in 2011. Ramos ruled that original measure was tainted by an effort to discriminate on the basis of race and the measure signed earlier this year did not fix the problem.

      “The district court went beyond the scope of the mandate on remand,” Smith and Elrod wrote. “Simply put, whether SB 5 should be enjoined — as opposed to whether it remedies SB 14’s ills — was not an issue before the district court on remand.”


    43. RIX
      43 | September 5, 2017 8:48 pm

      @ lobo91:
      Gutierrez is a Hispanic Supremicist, particularly Puerto Rican. That is common knowledge in Chicago.
      Kelly knows more about honor than Louie, much more.


    44. eaglesoars
      44 | September 5, 2017 9:11 pm

      @ RIX:

      He’s a lunatic screamer and everybody who sees his act knows it. If you remember the stunts Anthony Weiner used to pull on the floor of the House, everybody hated him too. I don’t know of one friend the man has.


    45. eaglesoars
      45 | September 5, 2017 9:19 pm

      This is probably someone we should keep an eye on.

      Abdul El-Sayed

      Philp goes on to depict El-Sayed as a progressive hero who is struggling against an army of Yahoos. He follows El-Sayed to Adrian, Mich. (“Trump country, white and Christian,” and “the kind of place with lots and lots of American flags”), where the candidate is introduced to an audience by a transgender man (“a brave choice for a region still coming to terms with gay rights, let alone trans rights”). El-Sayed shares “his personal story” with the audience, then goes into some “soaring rhetoric” about “hope and commonality.”
      []
      Then there’s El-Sayed’s staffers, with whom Philp is as impressed as he is with the candidate himself: they’re “young, fun and smart” and “hail from Harvard and other elite institutions” and are “incredibly diverse.” Philp tells us about a bathroom visit during which he sees one of El-Sayed’s staffers, a Muslim, “washing his feet in the sink before praying,” while another, “pierced and dyed and queer,” washes his hands in the next sink.
      []
      There are a few details about El-Sayed that Philp doesn’t mention, obviously because they would damage the glowing picture he’s trying to paint of the guy. For one thing, El-Sayed is chummy with Linda Sarsour,

      He wants to be Gov. Michigan


    46. eaglesoars
      46 | September 5, 2017 9:32 pm

      Well, I was aware that DNA evidence shows there was interbreeding between our ancestors and Neanderthals. I had NO idea, however, of this.

      What Reich’s lab has begun to unveil is that at least two previously unknown humanoid species interbred in the deep past with both humans and Neanderthals but are now extinct.

      David Reich’s father is Walter, whose work on the Holocaust I’m aware of.

      “[the ghost populations] “They were very widespread because we sampled them from Denisova Cave, which is in the boundary of Mongolia, Kazakhstan, and Russia on one hand. And China. We’ve also lineaged the girl with the little finger bone with the ancestors of New Guineans, who are in tropical Southeast Asia.”

      That is just mind boggling and there’s lots more at the link.


    47. rain of lead
      47 | September 5, 2017 10:05 pm

      @ eaglesoars:
      Hey eagle, did you ever read any of Sarah j Moss’s books, throne of glass etc?


    48. rain of lead
      48 | September 5, 2017 10:15 pm

      @ rain of lead:
      Because she is kicking off her book tour here in town and we are at it
      She (the girl) also won a lottery spot to get a pic with the author and a personalised copy of the book. She is so stoked it’s not even funny


    49. 49 | September 5, 2017 10:15 pm

      @ eaglesoars:
      Been hearing lots of rumbles about this over the past year. Fascinating that they have discovered evidence of other human species. Then there’s the archeological digs and developments where they are discovering that some things are much older then thought.


    50. Deplorable Martian Overlord
      50 | September 5, 2017 10:22 pm

      eaglesoars wrote:

      This is probably someone we should keep an eye on.

      Abdul El-Sayed

      Philp goes on to depict El-Sayed as a progressive hero who is struggling against an army of Yahoos. He follows El-Sayed to Adrian, Mich. (“Trump country, white and Christian,” and “the kind of place with lots and lots of American flags”), where the candidate is introduced to an audience by a transgender man (“a brave choice for a region still coming to terms with gay rights, let alone trans rights”). El-Sayed shares “his personal story” with the audience, then goes into some “soaring rhetoric” about “hope and commonality.”
      []
      Then there’s El-Sayed’s staffers, with whom Philp is as impressed as he is with the candidate himself: they’re “young, fun and smart” and “hail from Harvard and other elite institutions” and are “incredibly diverse.” Philp tells us about a bathroom visit during which he sees one of El-Sayed’s staffers, a Muslim, “washing his feet in the sink before praying,” while another, “pierced and dyed and queer,” washes his hands in the next sink.
      []
      There are a few details about El-Sayed that Philp doesn’t mention, obviously because they would damage the glowing picture he’s trying to paint of the guy. For one thing, El-Sayed is chummy with Linda Sarsour,

      He wants to be Gov. Michigan

      This is exactly the same way they anointed Obama. They tried this with the other jackass from Chicago though and it didn’t work.


    51. eaglesoars
      51 | September 5, 2017 10:41 pm

      rain of lead wrote:

      @ eaglesoars:
      Hey eagle, did you ever read any of Sarah j Moss’s books, throne of glass etc?

      no, but I shall look them up and probably put them on my wish list given that your other recommendations have been STELLAR. I’m now into the Farseer books and cannot put it down. Just fantastic. I expect the girl will be posting pics on FB yes? Where I can tell her how jealous I am?

      PaladinPhil wrote:

      Then there’s the archeological digs and developments where they are discovering that some things are much older then thought.

      yeah, I suspect they’re going to have to redo some geology dating too. The little bit I learned while studying gemology was fascinating but they were very clear there were a lot of unanswered questions because some of the data seemed to conflict. I remember seeing a piece about a mummy they found in Mongolia and honest to god, the woman looked IRISH – and she was quite beautiful in our modern sense. High cheekbones, narrow nose, full mouth. They were completely flummoxed. The interaction between the peoples of the earth seems to have been much more dynamic than anyone could have imagined. It’s going to be fun to watch.

      Deplorable Martian Overlord wrote:

      They tried this with the other jackass from Chicago though and it didn’t work.

      I don’t know enough about Michigan to have an opinion about his chances there, but on a national stage, he’s got no chance.


    52. eaglesoars
      52 | September 5, 2017 10:59 pm

      eaglesoars wrote:

      no, but I shall look them up and probably put them on my wish list given that your other recommendations have been STELLAR.

      well, it appears I already purchased it. just have been caught up in the Farseers stuff.


    53. eaglesoars
      53 | September 5, 2017 11:05 pm

      ok, this is the SECOND piece I’ve seen about this, I didn’t post the 1st because I didn’t know how good the interpretation was.

      China sees new world order with oil benchmark backed by gold

      China is expected shortly to launch a crude oil futures contract priced in yuan and convertible into gold in what analysts say could be a game-changer for the industry.

      The contract could become the most important Asia-based crude oil benchmark, given that China is the world’s biggest oil importer. Crude oil is usually priced in relation to Brent or West Texas Intermediate futures, both denominated in U.S. dollars.

      China’s move will allow exporters such as Russia and Iran to circumvent U.S. sanctions by trading in yuan. To further entice trade, China says the yuan will be fully convertible into gold on exchanges in Shanghai and Hong Kong.

      This is almost exactly the scenario Jim Rickards war-gamed for the Pentagon years ago, I hope to hell they’ve got a plan somewhere.


    54. eaglesoars
      54 | September 5, 2017 11:08 pm

      bedtime. nite.


    55. Aussie Infidel
      55 | September 6, 2017 1:14 am

      Stunning Video on the Lengthy Chain of Potential Internet Speech Censors

      About a year ago, I signed up for Gab, a social networking service billed as the “free speech” alternative to Twitter. (However, I must admit I’m more active on Twitter).

      Recently, a post that was identified as “offensive” by a third party appeared on Gab. In keeping with Gab’s charter, the objectionable content was allowable by company standards and would normally have remain untouched.

      However, due to the vast labyrinth of internet service dependencies, Gab was forced to violate its own policies and demand that the user in question remove the offensive content. Alarmingly, this incident brings into question the fledgling company’s mission to serve as the UnTwitter as well as the ability of any other such entities to follow in their courageous “free speech” footsteps.

      The important video below explains quite effectively how other factors outside the control of a company like Gab can make “free speech” IMPOSSIBLE despite the best intentions of people like Gab’s founders.

      Consider that there are internet domain registries and web hosting companies, advertisers, content delivery networks, security services, electronic payment systems, etc., that all have a say in what “stays” and what “goes” on the world wide web. (e.g., Go Daddy, Cloudflare, PayPal, etc.)

      The ENTIRE 11 minutes is well worth your time.

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=20&v=ajR0TFBbszQ


    56. Aussie Infidel
      56 | September 6, 2017 1:22 am

      eaglesoars wrote:

      Well, I was aware that DNA evidence shows there was interbreeding between our ancestors and Neanderthals. I had NO idea, however, of this.

      What Reich’s lab has begun to unveil is that at least two previously unknown humanoid species interbred in the deep past with both humans and Neanderthals but are now extinct.

      David Reich’s father is Walter, whose work on the Holocaust I’m aware of.

      “[the ghost populations] “They were very widespread because we sampled them from Denisova Cave, which is in the boundary of Mongolia, Kazakhstan, and Russia on one hand. And China. We’ve also lineaged the girl with the little finger bone with the ancestors of New Guineans, who are in tropical Southeast Asia.”

      That is just mind boggling and there’s lots more at the link.

      I was very familiar with the Denisovan / Neanderthals cross breeding but not of the China sourced humanoid’s genetic line traced to New Guinea. That humanoid wasn’t related to the Homo Floritis ( the dwarf humanoids that were common in the islands of Indonesia and which died out, as more advanced homo Sapiens Sapiens migrated through the land chain to Australia 60,000 years ago?


    57. Aussie Infidel
      57 | September 6, 2017 2:00 am

      America’s academic political commissariat get a good ‘schlepping’

      They deserve more but I think that it’s illegal at the moment, and involves short lengths of stout hemp rope and tall telegraph poles!

      🙂


    58. Aussie Infidel
      58 | September 6, 2017 2:01 am

      There it is !

      That’s what all the hanging is about !

      HEH!

      🙂


    59. Aussie Infidel
      59 | September 6, 2017 2:02 am

      Bloody APPLE strikes again.

      SPIT

      Refused to allow me to post the story.

      🙁


    60. 60 | September 6, 2017 7:54 am

      Aussie Infidel wrote:

      and involves short lengths of stout hemp rope and tall telegraph poles!

      Snicker snicker…


    Back to the Top

    '
    The Blogmocracy

    website design was Built By All of Us