• Happy Thanksgiving. 2017

Filed under Open thread at November 22nd, 2017 - 11:00 pm

Lots to be thankful for this time ’round.

Enjoy this open!

Comments

26 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving. 2017”

1. Daffy Duck
      1 | November 22, 2017 10:47 pm

Thankful for Trump, for sure.

Mostly for exposing the RINO, CONservative, globalist, fuchs.

Color me edumicated.

/spit!

2 | November 22, 2017 10:55 pm

Thank God for my wife, for my family, for my country, for my friends (including internet denizens), and for throwing us a bone with President of the United States Donald J. Trump.

Mysterious ways?

HA!!!

3 | November 22, 2017 11:07 pm

4. Daffy Duck
      4 | November 22, 2017 11:14 pm

I apologize in advance to all you football fans, who will tune in tomorrow to watch a “football” game:

Surprise! It’s STILL the Lions…

5. 5 | November 23, 2017 12:30 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all who still know what it means to be thankful!

6. 6 | November 23, 2017 12:41 am

@ Bunk X:
      Hear those crickets in the background? That’s my ringtone and I never turn it off. Never have to. I just look around the baseboards and then continue as if nothing happened.

7 | November 23, 2017 1:41 am

Thankful that Hillary Clinton is not winding down her first year in the Oval Office. … and looking forward to primary-ing out some of the RINO’s hindering the current President.

8 | November 23, 2017 7:06 am

Happy Thanksgiving

I am thankful for being restored to good health, watching my daughter grow into the amazing young woman that she is meant to be and to still have my wife.

the house is clean, the food is cooked/will be cooked and waiting for family to float in and out.

today will be a GOOD day.

9 | November 23, 2017 7:09 am

Alices restaurant

10 | November 23, 2017 7:46 am

WKRP “As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly” Thanksgiving

11 | November 23, 2017 8:27 am

Happy Turkey Holocaust Day! Eat tofu and send that delicious bird to me.

12 | November 23, 2017 8:49 am

anybody roasting a bird yet?

13 | November 23, 2017 10:19 am

Daffy Duck wrote:

Thankful for Trump, for sure.

Mostly for exposing the RINO, CONservative, globalist, fuchs.

Color me edumicated.

/spit!

AMEN!

14 | November 23, 2017 10:20 am

Alices restaurant

the tradition, thank you!

15 | November 23, 2017 10:20 am

WKRP “As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly” Thanksgiving

the OTHER tradition, the funniest 3 minutes in TV, ever!

16 | November 23, 2017 10:21 am

anybody roasting a bird yet?

wife and kids and dog are up at g’ma and papap coldwarrior’s house. i’m th e1pm to 1am shift at the ER, then 3 might shifts…time and a half and its my turn to work.

i got almost 10 hours sleep last night, it was soooo quiet.

17 | November 23, 2017 10:26 am

think i might meander outside and have a cigar.

18. 18 | November 23, 2017 7:43 pm

To my fellow Blogmockers…
      I bring some news which I wish I didn’t have to.
      Last weekend I was in Spectrum Butterworth Hospital in GR for excruciating abdominal pains. After a failed stomach pump, CT scan, X-ray, and leading up to a colonoscopy…they found a tumor in the starboard side of my colon, near my rectum. They sent it in for a biopsy.
      Yesterday morning the G-I doctor called me and told me that I have colon cancer. I managed to get through work without having to deal with a lot of people on the phone, thanks to my boss.
      So here’s what’s next.
      Step 1 is already in place: on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 1400 hours ET, I’ll have the CT scan of my chest and abdomen to make sure it hasn’t spread. Then, based on the results of that scan, Step 2 will be my meeting the surgeon and oncologist team to formulate a treatment plan. The G-I doctor already put me on a low-residue diet for the duration.

So, there it is. I ask you all to please keep me in your prayers. I already have an ARMY of Prayer Warriors, and God Almighty is at the head of that! I ask you to join me on this march….a march to VICTORY!

19 | November 23, 2017 8:18 pm

@ Deplorable Macker:

you will beat this

20 | November 23, 2017 8:29 pm

@ Deplorable Macker:

My prayers are with you.

You got this.

21. 21 | November 23, 2017 8:29 pm

@ Deplorable Macker:
      Father I lift Macker up to You. I pray for healing of cancer, that You’ll take it away before treatment even starts, or that the doctors will be able to quickly get rid of it. Amen.

22 | November 23, 2017 8:54 pm

@ Deplorable Macker:

oh damn. We’re ALL here for you.

23 | November 23, 2017 9:11 pm

@ Deplorable Macker:

and check yer email

24. 24 | November 23, 2017 10:49 pm

@ Deplorable Macker:
      Sonofabitch. It IS survivable.

25 | November 23, 2017 11:32 pm

Deplorable Macker wrote:

To my fellow Blogmockers…
      I bring some news which I wish I didn’t have to.
      So here’s what’s next.

Prayers for you

26 | November 24, 2017 4:45 am

@ Deplorable Macker:

oh man.

the good part of this is that where the cancer is. colon cancer is not the most dangerous, lung and pancreatic cancer are as they excrete back to the body and send cancer cells everywhere.

that said, this usually requires some hard surgery with a long and difficult recovery. you MUST maintain a positive attitude. you have to.

please let us know the results.

prayers sent.