• Why Sports Matter, A Flashback

Filed under Open thread at February 25th, 2018 - 2:30 am

One of the twins decided that she is going to play softball this year instead of following her older sister into cheer-leading. I have quietly nudged her in this direction as she is athletic of build and is more suited to the diamond than to the pyramid.

So, today we went to a national sports chain and bought some gear. She got cleats, batting gloves, a bat, balls, headbands, bag, and a leather fielder’s glove that fits her hand, she was so proud carrying all of that out of the store.. I bought a larger leather fielder’s glove for me that she will use as she grows (hey, bonus, already broken in for her). The kid is outfitted. We then all went and had a great pizza at our favorite place and talked of what to plant in the garden.

When we got home late and they insisted that they weren’t tired,and then promptly crashed out on the couches.

Quietly, so as not to wake any of the echoes, I went into the attic and retrieved my long  forgotten gloves, one from HS and one from little league. Going up to gather these relics reminded me that my impact on baseball was minimal, I was aggressive base running, very solid hitting, and an accurate fastball (even at little league). There are twelve stitches on my right elbow where eventually the ulnar nerve had to be released and one of the tendons shaved to relieve the repetitive damage of faster and faster pitched balls. I didn’t have much of a curve, I’d just throw at your head if you got near my plate and put you in fear then throw either away or at your  ribs. All of this followed me up the steps…then I had the gloves in my hand. I hadn’t seen them in 15 years; put up and forgotten in lanolin and linseed waiting for the next ball player. Waiting for the next son to throw lighting and strike fear in the batters.

I have all girls. Strong Girls. I prayed for all our babies to be healthy and they were, i didn’t care the sex. Now they are starting to come into their own.

All leather fielding gloves need to be conditioned before play. So, i took my artifacts and the two new leathers onto the back porch with some linseed oil, lanolin, and twine and balls…prep makes the glove pliable and predictable. It is a process.

I lit a San Lotano Oval and got to work; Great tobacco from Esteli, and a nice tequila as I thought that I would ease into the night. NOPE. One whiff of cigar and linseed and leather and I was instantly transported 40 years back to my childhood’s front porch. No kidding, sucked back like thorough a straw. Grandad smoking a cigar, Dad showing me how to rub oil into the glove…discussions on how to run the bases…KDKA Lanny Frattare for play by play in the background, Grampy telling me to always throw inside and hard if the batter dared to take the edge.

I had tears, it was good to hear Grampy’s voice in my head.

And So It Continues.

PLAY BALL!

Comments

105 Responses to “Why Sports Matter, A Flashback”

1 | February 25, 2018 2:42 am

that said.

2. momcat
      2 | February 25, 2018 7:07 am

it’s cool being a dad

the girls archery team took 2nd in their tourny last night
      and she shot a 252

now they are heading for state,national and world tourny

some dads are afraid for their babies to grow up, not me,
      I love watching her become the smart, confidant leader that
      she is meant to be

3. momcat
      3 | February 25, 2018 7:37 am

@ momcat:
      and yes this is rain posting on momcats login
      and yes she feels the same way

4 | February 25, 2018 7:52 am

KDKA Lanny Frattare for play by play

memories.

Baseball is a great game. Life lessons. Always run out the bases, you never know what’s going on behind you.

5 | February 25, 2018 7:54 am

I just looked at the forecast. Tuesday is the only rain-free day this WEEK.

gah

6 | February 25, 2018 9:49 am

@ Twitchy
      Delta must be trying to alienate the public. First they dis the NRA and now Olympic gold medalists.
      United is right there with them on the NRA. So two crap airlines that can’t keep schedules or their
      equipment in repair get on the corporate moral high horse.

7 | February 25, 2018 10:05 am

This helps explain the craven conduct by the Broward County deputies during the school shooting, and the deflection
      by the smarmy sheriff. The Obama Education and Justice Departments put in guidelines to discourage on site
      law enforcement. Just mentioned in the memo is that twice as many black students were subject to law enforcement.
      Arrests went down, crime did not but arrests did.

8 | February 25, 2018 10:38 am

Know who else was a beneficiary of that policy in the Broward County schools?

Trayvon Martin. That’s why he didn’t end up in prison when he was caught with burglary tools and a bunch of stolen jewelry on campus.

Instead, he was just expelled. Then he went to live with his father, and we know how that turned out.

9 | February 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Know who else was a beneficiary of that policy in the Broward County schools?

That’s interesting, and now it makes sense. I would like the Media to talk about that, but I doubt that they will
      with the exception to FNC.

10 | February 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Jake Tapper got Sheriff Israel to admit that he knew about his deputy refusing to enter the building PRIOR
      to the CNN Town Hall. Tapper continues to hammer him and the Sheriff is getting really defensive.
      Good on Tapper, it surprises me.

11 | February 25, 2018 12:24 pm

This Sheriff is now starting to sound like Tommy Flanaiganr.

12 | February 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Watch this hilarious clip. All guns are AR-15s now:

13 | February 25, 2018 12:49 pm

NBC The network that fakes everything

14 | February 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Another great piece from Clarice Feldman:

Exposing the Deep Rot in the Deep State

15 | February 25, 2018 12:51 pm

NBC The network that fakes everything

When did Remington start making pump action AR-15s in 12 gauge?

16 | February 25, 2018 12:53 pm

They do actually make a magazine-fed version of the 870 now, though

17 | February 25, 2018 1:04 pm

I think the Left figured out what had happened re: ‘How The Lunatic Was Free And Got The Gun’ relatively quickly.

Hence the much larger set of histrionics.

If Hillary was running the Executive Branch and had put a prog on SCOTUS, I shudder to think what would be happening in the wake of this.

18. 18 | February 25, 2018 1:54 pm

We need a couple more Justices to retire.

19. darkwords
      19 | February 25, 2018 2:02 pm

Because police are bad and might hurt students feelings. Blame all the Marxist oriented activists like BLM and the current spate of lefty wunderkids.

20 | February 25, 2018 2:08 pm

I think whole “Obama secret speech” was a media loyalty test.

21 | February 25, 2018 2:08 pm

darkwords wrote:

Ya know at this point to not ha4den schools including armed cops and some teachers is negligent in the extreme.
      Oh and Sheriff Israel should be recalled and investigated. I understand that the Governor. could dump him.

22 | February 25, 2018 2:13 pm

@ Twitchy
      Here is a taste of the Tapper interview with the sheriff. The guy is a major douche and liar.

23 | February 25, 2018 2:16 pm

Another great piece from Clarice Feldman:

Exposing the Deep Rot in the Deep State

It is so good to see Sundance get the recognition he/they deserve.

And another thing. What is this about ‘raising the age to 21’ crap? If you’re mentally ill at 19, you’ll be hunky dorey at 21?

Willow actually started playing with Mia today. I think this is going to be ok. She chased Mia all around the house, just as she did with Bonnie. Good thing for Mia she’s a fast little thing.

24 | February 25, 2018 2:43 pm

Typical one-size-fits-all government nonsense.

I don’t think a lot of 18 year olds are mature enough to vote or sign a contract, either, but someone does.

25 | February 25, 2018 2:56 pm

@ Twitchy
      Here Sheriff Israel takes a Tapper question to a new level of snark.
      I am thing that a grieving father may administer justice.

26 | February 25, 2018 2:56 pm

dont let the door hit you in the ass, bitch.

Charen, who worked for the Reagan administration and former GOP Rep. Jack Kemp (N.Y.), wrote Sunday that many lifelong Republicans no longer feel welcome in the GOP. Instead, she said, CPAC invited speakers who align with Trump’s views, such as controversial ex-sheriff David Clarke Jr. and French far-right politician Marion Maréchal-Le Pen.

Trump also spoke at the event, giving what at times mirrored a campaign speech, featuring attacks on his political rivals and a “lock her up” chant at the mention of his former Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton.

“For traditional conservatives, the past two years have felt like a Twilight Zone episode,” Charen wrote. “Politicians, activists and intellectuals have succumbed with numbing regularity, betraying every principle they once claimed to uphold. But there remains a vigorous remnant of dissenters.”

27 | February 25, 2018 3:03 pm

dont let the door hit you in the ass, bitch.

I saw that and laughed. It’s not a TV show, sweetie, it’s real and you lost. For a very good reason. Lots of them actually

28 | February 25, 2018 3:05 pm

yeah, because enough of us saw through the scam that they have been running for years

29 | February 25, 2018 3:07 pm

oh. crap.

Buzz Feed Finds 22 More Calls To FL Shooters Home That Broward Sheriff Never Revealed

30. 30 | February 25, 2018 3:10 pm

Here’s what would have happened….

31 | February 25, 2018 3:13 pm

They will sacrifice themselves to protect Holder and his DOJ.

32 | February 25, 2018 3:14 pm

They will sacrifice themselves to protect Holder and his DOJ.

won’t work.

gotta go. I just heard a crash.

33 | February 25, 2018 3:39 pm

oh. crap.

They’ve been arguing over the number for days, as if it makes any difference. Defenders of the sheriff are claiming that it was 23, not 39. Now it looks like it might be 45.

Does it really matter? Once you get past 4 or 5, there’s clearly a problem.

34 | February 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Learning to skate and play ice hockey not only gave me confidence and fraternity, but opened the door to relationships and networking.

I was an introverted “dork” before I learned to play hockey.

I buried my head in books and was regularly picked on as I was a bit maladjusted and socially awkward.

I failed in every sport my Dad tried to involve me in, even though I was a fast runner, but started skating on my own when my school went on strike. Late bloomer in athletics as I was already 14.

I can also say that once I started playing hockey, I become much more adept at all other sports which also gave a common bond and common goal with boys my age.

Also girls became more friendly…

35 | February 25, 2018 5:44 pm

uh oh. over an hour ago

WHOA: British police declare ‘major incident’ after huge explosion rocks Leicester, England

36. 37 | February 25, 2018 6:40 pm

momcat wrote:

@ momcat:
      and yes this is rain posting on momcats login
      and yes she feels the same way

My condolences to momcat, its bad enough that rain feels like rain, poor momcat should feel like momcat, not rain.

38 | February 25, 2018 8:21 pm

39 | February 25, 2018 8:36 pm

This is from Twitter. I don’t it’s veracity.

40 | February 25, 2018 9:18 pm

VIDEO: Hero German Shepherd Shot, Beaten Defending Teenager from Home Invaders
      A two-year-old German Shepherd went above and beyond to protect his owner after he took bullets and blows defending his best friend from home invaders.

The 16-year-old owner, Javier Mercado, hid in his closet with his dog Rex as burglars ransacked his Des Moines, Iowa, home Wednesday, KWCH reported.

“As soon as he heard the window shatter, he ran downstairs full charge,” Mercado told KOMO. “And then I just heard a bunch of barking and struggling, and then one of the guys screaming, ‘The dog! The dog bit me! Get the dog!’”

Rex, sensing there was danger in the house, ran downstairs to confront the burglars—who ruthlessly beat him.

As the burglars continued to pilfer through the house, they approached the room where the teen was hiding. Although Rex had little strength left in him, he pounced on the burglars.

“I think if it wasn’t for him, I probably wouldn’t be standing here today,” Mercado said.

The hero German Shepherd was shot three times trying to take down the burglars.

Once the burglars heard police sirens, they fled the scene. When the officers arrived at the home, they rushed Rex to a local veterinarian, expecting the worst because they thought the animal was dead.

Doctors gave the dog pain medication, wound care, and antibiotics while placing him in intensive care. The German Shepherd is now recovering and in stable condition.

A family member set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to pay for Rex’s veterinary bills. The page raised $58,161 as of Sunday afternoon—more than five times the page’s $10,000 goal.

41 | February 25, 2018 10:01 pm

I want to talk to the uber driver. That’s a lot of stuff – even just a long gun – to conceal and you’re not doing it in a back pack

41. 42 | February 25, 2018 10:05 pm

That’s a good dog. I know Mrs. RW’s Shepherd/Chow/Rottie mix would have destroyed anyone who bothered her. Lucy (aka ‘Lucy-fur’) tolerated me, but kept a close eye on me too. She’d growl, but Karen could stop it with just a word. God help the stranger that broke in though.

I think the Pit we rescued a few years ago would have been a great guard dog too.

43 | February 25, 2018 10:41 pm

shepard chow and rottie? good lord.

bedtime. nite

43. 44 | February 25, 2018 11:37 pm

She was mostly Shepherd. Looked like a Shepherd, but the dark tongue like a chow & a little bit bigger frame.

Her friend works with a rescue group up there that had a Great Dane/Saint Bernard/Mastiff cross. I can’t even imagine the food bill.

45 | February 26, 2018 6:43 am

46 | February 26, 2018 7:53 am

guhhh…i’m sooo sick….

its beanbag, tea and blanket for me.

47 | February 26, 2018 8:32 am

Lunatics should be confronted and open carry lunatics should especially be informed that their public proselytizing is a risk for my kids. This is why I always alert law enforcement when I see them.

and I’m betting this has happened exactly zero times because after the first time she would either have so so ballistic they would have locker HER up or been so humiliated she’d never say a word

48 | February 26, 2018 8:32 am

oh noes! flu?

49 | February 26, 2018 8:42 am

i have a strategic reserve of tamiflu and it appears to have helped…so who knows.

lungs on fire, fever, aches, cant get warm…called off work.

50 | February 26, 2018 8:46 am

sleep sleep sleep

I’m so lucky I didn’t pick it up when hubby caught it

51 | February 26, 2018 9:07 am

@ Twitchy
      Sherifff Israel employees a deputy who is a CAIR official The Sheriff gave weapons training at a pro Hamas
      mosque, you know harden the target. But harden schools?

52 | February 26, 2018 9:13 am

@ WZ
      Mooch set to release her memoir for millions. She talks about her humble roots as a poor black child growing up
      on the Douth Side of Chicago. Bull, her father was a civil service employee with the City. The Robinsons
      were decidedly middle class.

53 | February 26, 2018 9:21 am

And she went to school with one of Jesse Jackson’s daughters, and hung out at their house.

54 | February 26, 2018 9:38 am

Figures. The woman has led a charmed minority set aside life.

55 | February 26, 2018 9:55 am

@ Gateway Pundit
      Emergency Responders were told not to enter the Psrkland H.S. building because law enforcement did
      not have the scene cleared. People were bleeding out and the EMT’S might have been able to save some.
      This was a total ef up.

56 | February 26, 2018 10:39 am

Figures. The woman has led a charmed minority set aside life.

she also went to some advanced-placement type school, not the regular public school

57 | February 26, 2018 12:54 pm

Figures. The woman has led a charmed minority set aside life.

I rest my case your honor.

58 | February 26, 2018 1:56 pm

@ WZ
      David Hogg now blames Governor Scott. This kid is really getting tiresome.

59 | February 26, 2018 2:34 pm

It will be fun watching this one go down in flames.

This is really excellent reading

One Teacher’s Brilliant Strategy to Stop Future School Shootings—and It’s Not About Guns

60 | February 26, 2018 3:00 pm

the supremes just told congress and the senat to get off of their asses and do some work

61 | February 26, 2018 3:01 pm

@ WZ
      David Hogg now blames Governor Scott. This kid is really getting tiresome.

fame on fortune made on the misery and death of others…what a nice little soros.

62 | February 26, 2018 3:17 pm

what a nice little soros.

He’ll go down. Somebody will get tired of his bullshit and burn his ass

62. 63 | February 26, 2018 3:20 pm

@ WZ
      David Hogg now blames Governor Scott. This kid is really getting tiresome.

He’s getting more than just tiresome. He’s on Twitter telling people to sell their Fedex stock because they do business with the NRA. He’s working overtime to stretch his 15 minutes. Not bad for a kid who essentially didn’t “SURVIVE” anything. He was in a completely different building during the tragic incident, and was never in harm’s way. And he’s so traumatized that he can’t go back to school because he’s too busy posing for year book pictures at CNN.

Hogg will in a very short time outlive his usefulness. If, for instance, Fedex or another one of the companies he decides to target is a big advertiser on networks, or a big Democrat donor, regardless of so-called “affiliation” with the NRA – their CEO is going to be on the horn to someone in power at CNN and the DNC and this showboating little famewhore is going to find the doors slammed in his face faster than they did for Cindy Sheehan.

63. 64 | February 26, 2018 3:22 pm

what a nice little soros.

He’ll go down. Somebody will get tired of his bullshit and burn his ass

Leon annoyed the crap out of Uncle Joe, until one day Leon woke up with an ice-pick in his ear. Mexico City just has never been the same since then. David Hogg should probably not accept any free vacations to Mexico.

64. 65 | February 26, 2018 4:27 pm

Interesting approach.

65. 66 | February 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Oh for F**K’s SAKE…..

That’s right HOGGwash – it’s ALL about YOU! You weren’t even in the building when that nightmare scenario was being experienced by the REAL survivors. You couldn’t get your attention whore face to the cameras fast enough.

67 | February 26, 2018 6:03 pm

suck it up snowflakes, your first world problems aren’t that bad.

67. 68 | February 26, 2018 6:43 pm

I find it amazing that the same MSM and Congress critters who lecture me that I have to listen to the Famewhore Four because of what they went through, had no trouble with House members walking out of the chamber when the families of the Benghazi victims came to testify.

69 | February 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Interesting approach.

It is. I wish the article had talked about what she did about students she thought were at risk, how she got them included in things, etc.

Another thing I’d like to know – there is almost always one person who is the genesis of the outcast movement. Whether it’s a mean girl or a boy bully, usually somebody gets a leadership role socially out of making somebody else a loser. How those people are handled would be interesting to know.

70 | February 26, 2018 7:19 pm

heh. Trey Gowdy was just on Marth McCallum saying Carter Page is an idiot. He was nice about it, but that was the gist. “If you ever talked to him, it’s just sad. I mean sad. He doesn’t know when to stop talking”.

This by way of saying Page is a pretty thin read to get a FISA warrant on.

71 | February 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Presented without comment:

CNN Analyst Suggests Women Can’t Carry Guns Because They Wear Skirts, Dresses

72 | February 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Presented without comment:

CNN Analyst Suggests Women Can’t Carry Guns Because They Wear Skirts, Dresses

I’m sorry but he has a point. It’s not the dress/skirt thing in a literal sense, but carrying while dressed like a girl is a pain. If it weren’t my my photog vest – which I got over 25 yrs ago at Banana Republic and can’t find a duplicate now – it would be even harder. There is an entire industry dedicated to purses that will hold a weapon. He’s not terribly articulate, but he is landing on a cultural issue that is not demeaning to women but points up the fact that far too many females in this country are never acclimated to guns. I am VERY fortunate in the father I had.

73 | February 26, 2018 8:03 pm

Tucker is going after Sheriff Israel.

“..not stable, something is wrong with Sheriff Israel”

74 | February 26, 2018 8:13 pm

@ WZ
      David Hogg now blames Governor Scott. This kid is really getting tiresome.

Apt description

75 | February 26, 2018 8:15 pm

So Hogg was actually in a different building. Nasty little fraud.

76 | February 26, 2018 8:16 pm

Tucker is going after Sheriff Israel.

“..not stable, something is wrong with Sheriff Israel”

I saw that, and I have to agree.

77 | February 26, 2018 8:24 pm

@ GP
      Fed Ex ignores David Hogg. What? They are not listening to the children who have not lived all of these 17 years
      and learned nothing!

78 | February 26, 2018 8:55 pm

So is Hogg even a student at that school? I’ve read conflicting reports that he graduated in 2015 from a California high school and is now a “crisis actor” (Remember Fatima from LGF days?) employed by the Pedestal group.

/I read it on the internet, so it must be true

79 | February 26, 2018 9:00 pm

I saw Hogg’s photo in the year book of a California high school . Could have been a photo shop.

80 | February 26, 2018 9:06 pm

Fed Ex ignores David Hogg.

a CEO with a brain

82 | February 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Here is the kids yearbook picture. It does not prove anything because it does not identify the high school.
      I believe that he is a student atParklany, but still a smarmy little pecker.

83 | February 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Fed Ex ignores David Hogg.

a CEO with a brain

He gets it.

84 | February 26, 2018 9:39 pm

lemme know how that works out for ya, bitches

yeah, no pistol grip will change everything

85 | February 26, 2018 9:44 pm

I don’t know what the hell this means. Yenta just sent it over

Thin films of perovskite oxides may enable writing data at terahertz frequency

86 | February 26, 2018 9:50 pm

Fed Ex ignores David Hogg.

a CEO with a brain

He gets it.

FedEx Waffles On NRA: Supports Restricting ‘Assault Weapons’ To Military

87 | February 26, 2018 10:08 pm

P-Funk!

Legendary funk music pioneer George Clinton rejected the idea of so-called culture appropriation in music and pop culture.

When asked during a recent interview with Rolling Stone what he thought about “white artists doing black music?” Clinton said he’s borrowed creative ideas from iconic bands like the Beatles and insists that artists attempt to replicate what they admire about their peers.

“I’d bite off the Beatles, or anybody else. It’s all one world, one planet and one groove. You’re supposed to learn from each other, blend from each other, and it moves around like that,” the Grammy-winner said.

The Parliament-Funkadelic founder’s five-decade career makes him an authority on the subject cultural appropriation — or the concept of taking black culture and profiting from it — which has rocked revered pop stars from Justin Timberlake to Justin Bieber.

“You see that rocket ship leave yesterday? We can maybe leave this planet. We gonna be dealing with aliens. You think black and white gonna be a problem? Wait till you start running into motherfuckers with three or four dicks! Bug-eyed motherfuckers!” the 1997 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee said. “They could be ready to party, or they could be ready to eat us. We don’t know, but we’ve got to get over this shit of not getting along with each other.”

F U N K !

88 | February 26, 2018 10:13 pm

FedEx Waffles On NRA: Supports Restricting ‘Assault Weapons’ To Military

corporate double speak. doesnt mean anything without $$$ behind it.

88. 89 | February 26, 2018 10:17 pm

I’m daring the little Педик to Bitch to Twatter!

90 | February 26, 2018 10:29 pm

NEW YORK (AP) — Actor-director Kevin Smith says he had a “massive” heart attack after performing at a Los Angeles comedy show Sunday night.

CRAP! he’s younger than me!

(he did two of my favorite movies, Clerks and Dogma)

LCA, the widow maker, 100% blocked.

91 | February 26, 2018 10:34 pm

off to bed nite

91. 92 | February 27, 2018 12:29 am

I don’t know what the hell this means.

In real terms, it doesn’t mean anything. Data storage in the terahertz range is flimflamary gobbledygook. Until you can get SONOI gate arrays that can function in the terahertz range you are not getting data storage in the terahertz range. Perovskite oxides are capable of magnetoresistance at terahertz frequencies, or translated to geek speak from scientific technojargon, Perovskite oxides can flip their magnetic polarity in the terahertz range.

An analogy would be the vibrations of a quartz crystal, the Perovskite oxides can be flipped back and forth from positive to negative trillions of times per second. This is magnetic storage technology such as is used in Standard Harddrives.

Its flimflamary gobbledygook because, their are no silicon dioxide nitro-dialectics gate arrays capable of switching fast enough to utilize magnetoresistance at terahertz ranges.

Surprisingly, in every computer CPU and memory storage device there are a surprisingly few number of physical components involved. Most important of them, are the various gate arrays. AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, EXOR and EXNOR gates. All logic, and consequently all date encoding is based on the combinations of states these gates are capable of producing.

Magnetoresistance storage amounts to pages of complex gate array states. The ability to store and read back those pages of gate array states faster than the gate arrays can process that data basically makes the terahertz frequency storage worthless since nothing would be able to process the data at those speeds.

Now, if they could find a way to make the Perovskite oxides into the dielectric oxides used to make gates and oscillators and the various other components while still retaining the terahertz switching frequency range then what they are talking about would be pretty damned significant.

93 | February 27, 2018 6:15 am

94 | February 27, 2018 6:27 am

Quote of the Day

Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is the man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.

—Homer

95 | February 27, 2018 6:50 am

Ah, now I get it, thanks very much!

95. 96 | February 27, 2018 7:41 am

So no data crystals yet. Got it!

UPDATE: Chemo Round 4 went very well! I had only ONE arterial spasm, and that occurred Sunday at 05:55. The pump was out three hours later, and so I’m on the “rest phase” of this round.
      Round 5 commences on Friday, March 9!

97 | February 27, 2018 7:45 am

Heather Locklear arrested last night for beating up her boyfriend. An hour later the boyfriend gets busted
      for DUI. Those wacky kids!

98 | February 27, 2018 8:58 am

@ GP
      Another day another pronouncement fro Davi Hogg. He smears Trump as a draft dodger.
      Ok, I expect Hogg to enlist . The Army could use this snarky little. brat, they are down one Bergdhal .

99 | February 27, 2018 9:40 am

@ CNN
      Church of the Holy Sepulchre closed and locked to pilgrims basically as a tax protest.
      I don’t know what to make of this. I would like to see more.
      In any case really tough on the people who traveled thousands of miles with the Church being a major
      attraction.

99. 100 | February 27, 2018 9:49 am

Ha…. It rained here so much last night… I woke up thinking I was back in Pennsylvania visiting coldwarrior again.

100. 101 | February 27, 2018 9:52 am

Oh… and I am having chocolate-chip cookies and milk for breakfast… because… that’s who we roll out here in SoCal when it gets all weird and rainy and stuff…

101. 102 | February 27, 2018 9:56 am

P.S…. coldwarrior prolly ought to not tell the princesses Rock Star is having milk and cookies for breakfast… I’m a bad enough influence with my cigar smokin, beer drinking and guitar playin at all hours of the night and day without them finding out about the milk and cookies for breakfast stuff…

102. 103 | February 27, 2018 10:42 am

@ GP

His stock tip didn’t exactly pan out either. Fedex stock rose in worth $640 million yesterday.

104 | February 27, 2018 1:01 pm

yeah, they aint gonna find out about THAT!

105 | February 27, 2018 1:02 pm

and i have a bunch of it from when i worked there!
      thanks hogg!