• Who is funding this?

Filed under Open thread at April 1st, 2018 - 5:23 pm

This is an act of war by Mexico.

Mexico aids Easter invasion of over 1,000 illegals into US

Mexican officials have aided a “Holy Week” caravan of over 1,000 migrants headed to the U.S. border to demand Easter asylum, according to reports.

Mostly Hondurans, they posted celebration videos on Facebook and chanted “We are migrants. We are not criminals. We are workers.”

Anyone know any economic immigrants who have international cell phones to post vidoes whilst marching through rural Mexico? Who is paying for this?

The Mexicans are aiding this for one reason, make Trump look bad. Any modicum of pity or charity that I had for Mexico is now gone. They are nothing more than leeches.

There is a definite legal definition between immigrant and refugee. These folks are NOT refugees, they are immigrants pulling a stunt funded from above. You are certainly welcome in America, after you go through all of the hoops. Get in line.

If they want to play hardball, lets leave NAFTA  and seal the border. They need us far more than we need them.

Happy Easter Everyone, Mine is next week…

Comments

127 Responses to “Who is funding this?”

1. 1 | April 1, 2018 6:56 pm

Reproduced in whole from my blog…

Everyone fears deaths calling on them, but who fears deaths departure? Death does not come like a nuclear explosion, it comes by degrees. First the symptoms, then the disease, then death itself… But… What afterwards????

My family traces its linage back to the Pictish Kings that once ruled Scotland over 4 thousand years ago. But… What have you done for us lately? My ancestors include Charmaine, Ivanhoe, Macbeth and William Wallace.

Once upon a time, we were Kings and warriors, we were noblemen and scientists. But a fully belly today needs to be filled tomorrow and the day after and the day after. Ok, you sacrificed your tomorrow for our today, but tomorrow we still need to eat.

The sun still rises, the rains still come, or don’t come, a handful of grain will feed me today, but what about tomorrow? What have you do for me lately?

We saw death coming on the horizon, we felt his cold breath on you shoulders, he took our friends and loved ones, but he did not tarry long. He was like a thief in the night… Or was he.

My Step father was a career enlisted man in the United States Navy. He held to very few traditions. Precious few things that his forefathers had done. He respected those who like himself served this nation, but more importantly, he remembered them and their sacrifices.

Every year on the holidays he considered important, he barbecued (technically he grilled). He called his family and friends around, he did vulgar things like drink beer and burn meat. He made a quiet kind of ceremony out of it.

He did not allow the memory of what had gone before him go quietly fade into that good night. He did not say much, but like a sentry at midnight protecting his city, he held his vigil.

He held his vigil just as his father before him had, and his father before him. As my father before me, I have also held this vigil. Yes, we have cloaked it in bright colors, beer and fire cooked meats.

But what have you done for me lately? What is the value of a Warrior in a time of peace?

First comes the symptoms, then the disease, then death enters the room and life departs. But what comes afterwards?

Your family forgets who and where they come from, then they cease to care who and where. History goes first, then traditions fade into that Good night.

Every year for as long as I can remember, on certain days we have barbecued, we did so to remember that which had come before us. I picked up the torch and carried it when my step father could no longer carry it.

I have carried it 30 years. It is not a burden, it is not difficult. But I do not see any of my nephews picking the torch up from me. Their fathers were not in the military. They did not put all of their tomorrows on the line so that others could have a tomorrow.

2000 odd years ago, an itinerant preacher in a backwoods out of the way armpit of the greatest military nation of its time laid down his life so that the entire human race would have a tomorrow.

Thank God, unlike my family, the human race still remembers what he did.

Today is Easter, it is a remembrance of the single most expensive sacrifice in the entire history of the Universe. You know where you can stick you “But what have you done for me lately”.

2 | April 1, 2018 7:29 pm

As I said downstairs, this is Central America’s version of the Marianna Boat Lift. Get rid of some undesirables and piss off the Yanquis doing it. Win win.

It will increase/solidify support for the wall, but the media is going to be giving a lot of sympathetic support for the invaders. Another Children’s Crusade.

As far as I’m concerned, we can shoot them. All of them. Let their bodies rot where they fall and feed the vultures.

I’m fond of birds.

3 | April 1, 2018 7:36 pm

Well, I never. I might actually end up liking this guy

Elon Musk Offers To Buy And Then Delete Facebook

4 | April 1, 2018 7:37 pm

Not everyone.
      Having been there on more than one occasion in a short sharp occurrence, you struggle to stay alive and when there is nothing left that you can think of to forestall what appears to be the inevitable, you suddenly accept it and the fear goes away.You see clearly, you hear acutely, you think incredibly quickly and every fibre of your being is tuned to being alive in the instant present. Time itself seems to slow down and almost stop. I can still tell you the most accurate detail the individual veins in a leaf that flashed by me in a microsecond. There is nothing to fear. It’s surreal and pleasant once you get past the holding on for dear life part and struggling to hold on for just a little more.

Why would a loving God make us suffer unnecessarily? Once the process leading to death is over, the actual dying bit is natural and is nothing to be afraid of at all.

Backing back out and no longer dying can be rather more stressful and very uncomfortable but that’s what you pay for just paying a visit to death and deciding, or more to the point having it decided for you, that it’s not time yet.

Happy Easter Dorian

5 | April 1, 2018 7:47 pm

Well, I never. I might actually end up liking this guy

Elon Musk Offers To Buy And Then Delete Facebook

Elon is just being a narcissi.He doesn’t have the $$$$ to buy Facebook.

Fiscal preening can be a deadly occupation if someone with real money comes stalking.

6 | April 1, 2018 7:58 pm

Death is a good teacher. There is meaning to the word ‘deadline’ people don’t really think about.

Although I’m not a Christian, I do know God is and I do know there is life after this death. I’ve seen it, I’ve known beings who exist in the eternal. This is not a matter of belief or faith, I have seen it.

That said, we only get one chance at this and it had better be good. History won’t know any of us probably – unless it turns out to be for the wrong reasons, knowing this crew – but long ago I decided that just not fucking it up was a reasonable goal, the heroics will have to be taken care of by, you know, those hero types.

Also, dogs.

7 | April 1, 2018 8:00 pm

Keep your eye on a guy named Tom Steyer. Thinks he can buy the Dem party and run the world. LOTS of money. I think we should make him spend it all.

8. 8 | April 1, 2018 8:27 pm

April Fool?

9 | April 1, 2018 8:46 pm

April Fool?

um, what?

10. 10 | April 1, 2018 8:51 pm

The Elon Musk offer. An April Fools prank story?

11 | April 1, 2018 8:59 pm

The Elon Musk offer. An April Fools prank story?

well, it appears it just might be!

12 | April 1, 2018 9:55 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Chinese space station smashes to Earth at 17,000mph off the coast of Tahiti: Nine-ton installation the size of a school bus comes crashing into the atmosphere in a huge fireball and just misses tropical paradise

13. 13 | April 1, 2018 10:58 pm

Dang. I was hoping it’d hit my work place.

14 | April 1, 2018 11:02 pm

Dang. I was hoping it’d hit my work place.

I’d like that, too…aside from the fact that I live about 1.5 miles away and would probably have been killed by the blast

15 | April 1, 2018 11:43 pm

nite. sleep well.

16 | April 2, 2018 1:10 am

For CW. Finishing Easter night with an AJ Fernandez New World.

17 | April 2, 2018 6:11 am

For CW. Finishing Easter night with an AJ Fernandez New World.

You just picked my post-shift cigar!

18. 18 | April 2, 2018 7:17 am

You should see the rest of that site! And Thank God for Baseball Season!

19 | April 2, 2018 9:40 am

This is interesting. I’m listening to Chris Plante’s radio show and his commercial break carried a little fund-raiser bit. A tete-a-tete w/Chris and Newt Gringrich, limited to 75 people – I think it’s $1500 a head – to raise money for something called APR – an alternative to NPR.

THAT would be fun.

20 | April 2, 2018 9:54 am

Deplorable Macker wrote:

And Thank God for Baseball Season!

No. Hubby is an insane Yankees fan. I get sick of it quickly after 25 – I think it’s 25, I’ve lost count – years. If you want your Significant Other to perfect the Tune Out, don’t shut up about something. Ever.

21. 21 | April 2, 2018 10:03 am

Ha… Twitter suspended my account… No explanation what so ever.

22 | April 2, 2018 10:13 am

So…that’s what they’ve done for you lately, I guess.

23. 23 | April 2, 2018 10:19 am

Oops, found out why, for calling Chelsea Handler a “Nasty ass Skank”.

25 | April 2, 2018 11:36 am

Oops, found out why, for calling Chelsea Handler a “Nasty ass Skank”.

you deserved it then. That’s an insult to skanks

26 | April 2, 2018 1:25 pm

Oops, found out why, for calling Chelsea Handler a “Nasty ass Skank”.

Well she does seem to enjoy being pissed on.

27 | April 2, 2018 2:59 pm

I don’t recommend getting a lighter from Colibri. Go with a company that give lifetime warranties. I had a Colibri Enterprise that I gave to my dad as a gift. I got it back after he died. After finding it again recently I filled it and tried to get it to work, finally figured out why it wasn’t working (leaking fuel around the button when I pushed the button). Contacted them and was informed they only had a two year limited warranty. This is a reminder of my father and I just wanted it working again. Meanwhile zippo said they could replace any lighter of mine that they still carried. I didn’t care that there was a fee, I just wanted my lighter fixed.

28 | April 2, 2018 4:31 pm

when I buy Hubby cigars I also get him a frigging TORCH that the guys at the store recommend. I don’t know the brand or anything, all I know is that they’re sold and used by cigar aficionados

30 | April 2, 2018 7:09 pm

oh, and based on the scoring from the stste archery tourney
      the girl is now the tenth ranked shooter on the team

29. 31 | April 2, 2018 8:05 pm

Hmmm, this sounds like something the cw will want to try.

Making Mozzarella cheese from powdered milk.

32 | April 2, 2018 9:05 pm

very good!

re: the ‘migrant’ human chain heading our way – Dana Perino said something this evening I’d not heard before and no one contradicted her. She said ‘they’ do this every year. This is an org behind it, forget the name, translates to ‘something without borders’ I think.

31. 33 | April 2, 2018 9:47 pm

She said ‘they’ do this every year.

Really? I live in San Diego, and this is the first I have heard of it.

32. 34 | April 2, 2018 9:54 pm

FINALLY! OUT OF DEVELOPMENT HELL!

OK Folks! Besides the new arrival in Hell…which other Evil characters should make an appearance in Episode XXVIII of “Meanwhile In Download City…”?
      All suggestions are welcome!

35 | April 2, 2018 10:08 pm

Pueblos Sin Fronteras, the group behind the 1500 strong illegal migrant army marching through Mexico with the blessing of the Mexican government to the United States is feeling the heat from pro-border Americans and President Donald Trump. Spokespersons for PSF gave interviews on Sunday in which they claimed most of the migrants would stay in Mexico while others would seek asylum at US ports of entry rather than illegally cross the border.

36 | April 2, 2018 10:26 pm

this is the first I have heard of it.

Same here. But I miss quite a bit it seems, so I thought I’d mention it

37 | April 2, 2018 10:40 pm

I saw Santa today too

38 | April 2, 2018 11:03 pm

Trump is enforcing the quotas agreed to by the Immigration Judge’s union. IOW, no stonewalling, move these cases.

Just announced on Fox

39 | April 2, 2018 11:43 pm

bedtime. nite.

40 | April 3, 2018 6:24 am

39. 41 | April 3, 2018 8:16 am

Ya gonna have ta yell louder than that to wake up yonder chickens. They all snuggled up comfy in bed only just starting to dream of morning coffee.

40. 42 | April 3, 2018 8:20 am

Did ya’ll know… That there are folks in this world, who… Know what coffee is, have had the occasional cup of it (but aren’t sure it actually drinkable), keep it in their house for guests, but basically only drink it on special occasions and holidays and stuff?

No, seriously, there really are people like that in the world…

43 | April 3, 2018 8:59 am

Weirdos.

44 | April 3, 2018 9:00 am

Much better…60f and all day rain with thunderstorms. As it should be.

45 | April 3, 2018 9:01 am

A true study in the many subtle aspects of grey.

44. 46 | April 3, 2018 9:33 am

A true study in the many subtle aspects of grey.

Odd trivia moment. The original title to my 1996 album “So what If I’m Bleeding” was suppose to be “Shades of Dorian Grey”. Then, the day before the album was officially released, I was shot in a gang turf war. The band thought my response so amusing that they scrambled delayed and we ended up releasing the album about 4 days later under the new title.

The New title? “So what If I’m Bleeding”? Yea, that was my response in the hospital when the other guys in the band suggested we postpone releasing the album until my bullet wound had healed (the bullet struck me about 1 inch above my left knee, and exited about 8 inches higher on the outside of my thigh). We went ahead with the scheduled release party but the CD’s didn’t have any cover art work for about 4 or 5 more days as it took that long to get the new CD covers printed.

Yes, many subtle shades of Grey indeed.

47 | April 3, 2018 2:57 pm

I took Mia outside while the President of Estonia was at the podium. According to Rush – if I heard correctly – Trump spoke afterwords and said he was going to meet with Mattis to discuss placing U.S. military on the Mexican side of the border to intercept the ‘migrants’ or something. Did anyone else hear that?

48 | April 3, 2018 3:02 pm

ok, shep has something. Military to secure border until wall is built

ROE should be fun

50 | April 3, 2018 3:35 pm

Interesting

51 | April 3, 2018 4:08 pm

Asymmetrical warfare usually is

52 | April 3, 2018 4:14 pm

well, the main installation in that area is the massive Ft Hood in Texas. 50k troops…

53 | April 3, 2018 4:18 pm

Asymmetrical warfare usually is

this isnt asymmetrical. this is simple crowd and access control.

if mexico continues to do this, time to cut their balls off.

that said, it looks like they are going to elect their own chavez. we just have to sit back and watch…and dig large trenches and build high walls.

54 | April 3, 2018 4:19 pm

as yinz know, i was in berlin for a bunch of years. if there is ONE lesson that i learned very very well is that walls work.

52. 55 | April 3, 2018 5:00 pm

I completely agree with this, but it’s going to look very bad. Evil, racist Trump keeping refugees out.

56 | April 3, 2018 5:19 pm

Asymmetrical warfare usually is

this isnt asymmetrical. this is simple crowd and access control.

if mexico continues to do this, time to cut their balls off.

It is if you consider La Raza is part of it and the Mexican Gov’t is an accomplice, I don’t know what else you’d call it

And it’s long past time to cut their balls off.

It is going to look bad, but we didn’t elect Angela Merkel. Personally, I have no problems defending it and sticks and stones. Fuck it.

Shooter at Youtube HQ has been taken down.

54. 57 | April 3, 2018 5:31 pm

At some point it will cease to look bad. It will look like exactly what it is, an act of self preservation once more American’s understand we have already taken in nearly 1/3 of Mexico’s population. This is not migration, this is not a refuge situation, it is invasion by way of illegal immigration.

Its the same thing that is taking place in Europe, except by Marxist Mexicans rather than bat shit insane Muslims. Yes, Mexico is a Marxist nation. When they became a Marxist nation back in the 1910’s (with the Mexican Revolution) the US should have sealed the US/Mexico border. We didn’t because previous administrations were foolishly adhering to the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo which was signed back in 1848 with the Republic of Mexico.

Mexico ceased to be a Constitutional Republic in all but name back in 1917. Our failures to grasp the significance of the Mexican Revolution back then is biting us in the ass today. Mexico is a classic failed Marxist/Socialist State which unlike other failed Marxist/Socialists States just happened to share a 3000 mile border with the United States. The only thing that has kept Mexico from becoming Venezuela is the remittances and trade with the United States. In short, they have a parasitic relationship with the United States that has allowed them to maintain the illusion of not being a failed Marxist/Socialists State.

58 | April 3, 2018 5:40 pm

a criminal enterprise

59 | April 3, 2018 6:03 pm

a criminal enterprise

HA! Speaking of – did you see this?

Black Lives Matter Group Changes Name, Claims National Leaders ‘Profited’ From Deaths Of Black People…

Everybody in the casino is shocked….

60 | April 3, 2018 6:05 pm

we have already taken in nearly 1/3 of Mexico’s population.

!!!!

I had NO idea…

58. 61 | April 3, 2018 6:13 pm

How many magazines hold 100 rounds of ammunition? How many guns even have a 100+ round magazine designed for them?

62 | April 3, 2018 6:16 pm

a criminal enterprise

The Mexican nation and its leadership has been a criminal enterprise since the early 20th. Century. Corrupt and wicked and caring not a jot for the Mexican people.

63 | April 3, 2018 6:23 pm

Largest magazine capacity was 71 rounds for the Russian SMG. Weight was the limiting factor

64 | April 3, 2018 6:28 pm

As I forecast last week when everyone was beating their breasts of Trump signing the Omnibus Bill. It’s only a BILL folks. There is well over 20 billion in ‘;spare’ unallocated funding hiding inside the Defence vote and the US Corps of Engineers is gagging to build the wall. FAST!

65 | April 3, 2018 6:30 pm

Mexico has been a neo-Marxist hell hole for a century and the only reason why is even still existing is that it has been sucking on the teat of the US for way too long. NAFTA was flawed from the start.

66 | April 3, 2018 6:31 pm

Thompsons had a 100 drum…iirc

67 | April 3, 2018 6:32 pm

Indeed. They had a great chance to get right and failed.

Screw em.

68 | April 3, 2018 6:39 pm

it has been sucking on the teat of the US

and tourism. Hubby had a conf in Mexico City some years ago. He thought they were the nicest people he had ever met. Of course, he’d just got back from Germany where, as far as he could tell, a smile could get you a prison sentence.

69 | April 3, 2018 6:42 pm

They had a great chance to get right and failed.

Well, there’s that state-owned oil company they’ve let rust into the ground. And remember when their currency failed and we bailed them out?

70 | April 3, 2018 6:53 pm

I finally bought a six pack of beer that I thought I’d regret but didn’t.

21st Amendment Tales From the Kettle.

71 | April 3, 2018 7:00 pm

Thompsons had a 100 drum…iirc

You’re right. Who knew?

The C type (Citizen) Thompson did in fact have a 100 rounds of 45 calibre ammo. Of course you needed arms like an orangutang to even pick one up and they ‘wind up the spring ‘ first was , shall we say a design fault!

72 | April 3, 2018 7:03 pm

The C type (Citizen) Thompson

I think there’s one in the Smithsonian. Seriously.

73 | April 3, 2018 7:11 pm

They had a great chance to get right and failed.

Yet the US keeps bailing Mexico out time after time. Being a good citizen has its limits Eagles. Time to let this atheistic revolutionary neo-Marxist hell hole reap the whirlwind. The much touted Mexican tourist trade is going to the dogs due to the cartels and the incoming Mexican, ‘Socialist International’, administration is a Cuban/ Venezuelan horror story. Time to cut the umbilical cord and let this Socialist state rot.

BUILD THE WALL

74 | April 3, 2018 7:11 pm

i got to put my hands on the drum…my local dealer has it in his glass case, its not for sale

75 | April 3, 2018 7:14 pm

I finally bought a six pack of beer that I thought I’d regret but didn’t.

21st Amendment Tales From the Kettle.

hmmm….very nice!

76 | April 3, 2018 7:14 pm

its time for the mexicans to put on their big boy pants and save their own country

77 | April 3, 2018 7:26 pm

Well, if this Chavez-type guy is anti-cartel – nevermind, he’d already be a corpse, what was I thinking.

78 | April 3, 2018 7:33 pm

The C type (Citizen) Thompson

I think there’s one in the Smithsonian. Seriously.

Have you ever been to the museum at NRA HQ?

There’s some very cool stuff in there. They have a whole exhibit of Gatling guns

79 | April 3, 2018 7:36 pm

There are 100 round magazines for the AR platform. I wouldn’t own most of them, because they’re crap.

Magpul makes a 60 round magazine that actually works

80 | April 3, 2018 7:37 pm

It’s ultra smoky, but the teal leaves mute most of the aftertaste making in very drinkable.

78. 81 | April 3, 2018 7:42 pm

Hmmm…intersting premise there lobo!
      “Whatever happens, we have got
      The GATLING gun, and they have not!”

82 | April 3, 2018 8:01 pm

Hollywood Celebrity Blames The NRA For YouTube HQ Shooting Before The Facts Are Known

Police are currently responding to an active shooting scene at the YouTube HQ in San Bruno, CA.

And while initial reports suggest the shooter was a white woman wearing a “dark top and a headscarf,” the suspect has not yet been identified and authorities are unsure if there are multiple shooters.

But some people aren’t waiting for all the facts to come out. Actor and director Michael Ian Black got right to work tweeting about gun control and the NRA.

“Another shooting,” the actor tweeted. “I’m going to politicize the fuck out of it, and so should you. The NRA is a terrorist organization.”

83 | April 3, 2018 8:09 pm

Have you ever been to the museum at NRA HQ?

nope. bucket list

uh, headscarf?

speaking of hollywood, I’m reading about Roseanne and how people – Rob Reiner included are insisting the people being portrayed are really white supremacists. This guy sez

—–

character’s support of Donald Trump was framed simply as an economic choice. They have real concern this is sanitizing a really problematic worldview and dismissing the inherent bigotry.

——–

‘inherent’ bigotry. got it.

85 | April 3, 2018 8:18 pm

Well……….

US transports portable arms vault from Turkey Incirlik Air base (PHOTO)

The United States has transported the Armag weapons vault from Turkey’s Incirlik Air base to another facility, YeniSafak reported.

According to the source, a 40-ton portable weapons vault was transported to another country via a C-5M Super Galaxy transport aircraft.

There has been no official explanation over the transfer yet.

86 | April 3, 2018 8:29 pm

Hmmmm…

I having a Ballast Point Commodore, a Nicaraguan Cohiba, and thunderstorms on the deck.

87 | April 3, 2018 8:42 pm

Robert Mueller reportedly tells Trump’s lawyers president not criminal target

Special counsel Robert Mueller has reportedly told President Trump’s attorneys that he is not a criminal target of his probe, but he still wants to interview him to wrap up his investigation.

Citing “three people familiar with the discussions,” The Washington Post reported Tuesday evening that Mr. Mueller told the president’s attorneys that his actions are a “subject” of the investigation. But the special counsel told them he does not think there is enough evidence to bring charges.

The statements were made during an early March discussion on whether Mr. Trump will agree to an interview, the Post reported.

In those negotiations, Mr. Mueller reiterated that he wanted to speak with the president “to understand whether he had any corrupt intent to thwart the Russia investigation and to complete this portion of his probe,” the Post wrote.

Those mixed signals — saying both that Mr. Trump is not a target and trying to coax him into an interview — produced a split within the Trump legal team, the Post reported.

Some within the president’s circle interpreted it as vindication and meant the risks to an interview were low, while others cautioned Mr. Trump about the risk of a “perjury trap” that can make non-targets of an investigation into targets.

88 | April 3, 2018 8:45 pm

Those mixed signals

those aren’t mixed signals. Clearly, Trump isn’t a target YET and Mueller needs to talk to him to get stuff on him to make him a target.

These people went to Hahvahd

89 | April 3, 2018 8:47 pm

Honestly, most aficionados are pretentious and won’t light their cigar with anything but a cedar strip, lol. But, some of the torches at the store are pretty good. My problem is that all of my good lighters have gone to hell over the last few days. Then I grabbed the punch on my keychain today to punch my cigar and the metal inside (the actual punch part) had fallen out. Lol, I think something is trying to get me to stop smoking cigars.

90 | April 3, 2018 8:48 pm

Men Like Trump More After Stormy Daniels Accusations, Poll Shows

Told ya. And when they found out he got his lawyer to pay her off, they all went “Dude. Mexico is paying for that wall”.

Also, space army. Too fun.

91 | April 3, 2018 8:51 pm

And when they found out he got his lawyer to pay her off,

with his own money, I should have said

92 | April 3, 2018 8:53 pm

i use the torch lighters. the jetlines are nice, the cohiba branded torches are very nice.

i will use a cedar strip for the really, really expensive cigars on the top shelf of the humidor. i might have one of those 3 times a year and it had better be for a damn good reason. if mrs coldwarrior found out what i paid for those 10 on the the top shelf, she’d kill me…stone assed dead.

93 | April 3, 2018 9:00 pm

i will use a cedar strip

ok, I’m clueless. Please explain so I can spoil hubby

94 | April 3, 2018 9:11 pm

They are little strips of cedar. https://www.amazon.com/Cedar-Spills-traditional-lighters-compliment/dp/B06XTWNWYW

They light the cigar with no aftertaste. Just light the strip with a lighter or match and use it for the cigar. It’s pretty nice when you lay out all of your cigar stuff and use the strips and everything. Kind of ceremonial.

95 | April 3, 2018 9:22 pm

Thank you! I put it on my wish list for the next time he gets a present

96 | April 3, 2018 9:23 pm

Listening to Hannity. So Rosenstein broke the law when he gave Mueller his marching orders? And documented it?

smartest guys in the room.

glad I’m not in that room.

93. 97 | April 3, 2018 9:26 pm

ok, I’m clueless. Please explain so I can spoil hubby

Wooden cigar matches. Specifically made from cedar wood, its really the only way to light a really good cigar.

94. 98 | April 3, 2018 9:37 pm

Thank you! I put it on my wish list for the next time he gets a present

Most high quality cigars boxes come with a strip of Spanish cedar in them, its approximately the length and width of the box and sits on top of the cigars. It is not there to flavor the cigars, but is in fact, a sheet of uncut spills to be used to light the cigars with.

You carefully fold the sheet and break off strips that are about 1/2 an inch wide and the length of the sheet. Then you light those small strips colloquially known as “Spills” with another fire source, candles or oil lamps being the preferred source, and use the lighted spill to light your cigar.

95. 99 | April 3, 2018 9:41 pm

ok, I’m clueless. Please explain so I can spoil hubby

100 | April 3, 2018 9:43 pm

maybe that’s why I/we haven’t seen them. We buy the cigars individually.

101 | April 3, 2018 9:54 pm

Funny, you never see them tweet, “Another family killed by a drunk driver. Jim Beam is a terrorist organization”

… and there’s no amendment affirming the right to alcohol

102 | April 3, 2018 9:57 pm

Those mixed signals

These people went to Hahvahd

103 | April 3, 2018 10:20 pm

………Darwinian. Only stupid people fall into it.

104 | April 3, 2018 10:34 pm

This makes me smile

Virgin Hyperloop One Revamps Board; Director Arrested

Virgin Hyperloop One replaced three directors and a fourth was arrested, the latest signs of turmoil at the futuristic transportation startup.

A list of directors that was updated on the company’s website Monday showed three members stepped down from the 10-person board: Jim Messina, a former adviser to President Barack Obama; Jim Rosenthal, a former Morgan Stanley executive; and Peter Diamandis, founder of X Prize.
      []
      A fourth board member, Russian billionaire Ziyavudin Magomedov, was arrested in Moscow on charges of fraud and embezzlement unrelated to Hyperloop. Magomedov is appealing the arrest, his lawyer told Russian news agency Interfax. Virgin Hyperloop One declined to comment on the arrest.

I’m g oing to bed. nite.

105 | April 3, 2018 11:03 pm

politicize the fuck out of it ….. that’s ANTIFA code for lie our communist arses off for the sake of the Revolution.
      Remember that it’s End that Justifies the Means.

Lots of luck with that comrade!

SPIT!

106 | April 3, 2018 11:10 pm

Michael Black …never heard of him.

However….

I’ll watch out for any movie he’s involved with a make it a point of NOT going to see it.

107 | April 3, 2018 11:31 pm

Michael Black …never heard of him.

However….

He’s a nobody attention whore. Looked at his IMDB and he has a pretty much non-existent profile. Known for ED and Wet Hot American Summer and that’s it.

108 | April 4, 2018 1:18 am

Tonights stick, Enclave by Aj Fernandez.

105. 109 | April 4, 2018 7:39 am

Jim Messina, you say! One-half of Loggins and Messina! LOL!

110 | April 4, 2018 8:23 am

Book recommendation for us data nerds

The Big Picture: An Illustrated Guide to Modern American Trends, Volume 1

“This book is a treasure-trove — a go-to source for critical data about the American condition. Paul Taylor has done a public service in pulling all of these disparate facts and figures together for the inquiring reader. No matter political leanings or policy preferences, this is a terrific reference source for those who want to make fact-based arguments.”

111 | April 4, 2018 8:30 am

so the Youtube shooter was an Iranian chick who was pissed off that Youtube didn’t pay her (she wasn’t an employee, apparently) and believed they censored her videos.

39 yrs old (no life, obviously) AND – get this -once again, the cops were warned – by her father.

Nasim Aghdam

112 | April 4, 2018 8:35 am

she has the same pissed-off facial expression as David Hogg

113 | April 4, 2018 8:41 am

morning eaglebeagle

114 | April 4, 2018 8:54 am

good morning! I have to get Willow to daycamp. We are supposed to get wind gusts by 10 am that make driving a tad exciting.

bbl

115 | April 4, 2018 9:13 am

bbl

Or, as we call it in NM, “Wednesday”
      /s

112. 116 | April 4, 2018 9:21 am

What she did was inexcusable. That said, Youtube/Google are notorious for doing exactly what she claims, to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars. Do not get this FUCKED UP. Youtube/Google do exactly what she said to millions of youtubers. They have done it to me. Youtube has a unofficial official policy of denying video’s their correct viewing stats and payments. Hell, Youtube/Google even bought off the FCC in a blatantly corrupt copyright avoidance scheme.

That this happened is really no surprise, what is surprising is that it didn’t happen sooner.

113. 117 | April 4, 2018 9:30 am

Youtube has a unofficial official policy

Oh, sorry, forgot to expound on that. There is a official internal memo floating around the internet somewhere that one of youtube/google’s disgruntled employees leaked where youtube/google gives detailed instructions to employees on how and when to disable reporting functions on accounts in order to minimize payments to those accounts. I do not have a copy of it anymore but used to at one time.

For example, youtube/google currently only count/report 1 out about 8 video plays of my video’s and ceased counting any of my old video for additional payments nearly 2 years ago. This annoys me, but that’s about all since in my case the monetary amount is only a couple hundred dollars. For other youtubers the amount is often in the tens of thousands of dollars.

119 | April 4, 2018 11:16 am

These people are BEGGING for regulation. I hate to see it happen in some respects, but I hope they get it – good and hard.

120 | April 4, 2018 11:25 am

Rosenstein needs to go to jail too

Rosenstein Memo confirming Mueller could investigate Manafort came a week after raid on Manafort’s home

NOW I think Manafort might actually have a case

121 | April 4, 2018 11:28 am

Chris Plante played a hilarious clip when I was in the car. Nicole Wallace, who was McCain’s campaign Comm person and who torpedoed Sarah Palin, now on MSNBC, was talking about guns and how she always remembered 9/11. Somebody on the set opened a soda and you can hear the pop-fizz.

Nicole sez “I think we’re hearing gunshots now”

It’s a good thing I was pulling into the garage, I would have driven off the road.

117. 122 | April 4, 2018 11:32 am

They have become the new robber barons. I personally am no fan of Unions, but the Unions are a lesson. We have unions today because the ultra wealth of yesteryear engaged in all of the exact same predatory practices that these silicon valley tech giants are engaging in today.

Google and Facebook are perfect poster children for the callous disregard for anything but their own profit that resulted in the Anti-trust laws and unions that exist today.

These retards believe that since they are businesses they are immune to one of mankind’s oldest laws. That law is, regardless of how powerful and wealthy any ruler is, he only sits on the throne until the average person feels they no longer have anything left to lose.

123 | April 4, 2018 11:32 am

Good, I think this is the right move. Looks like Mattis got some sense into him.

Trump agrees to keep U.S. troops in Syria for undetermined period of time to defeat ISIS

124 | April 4, 2018 11:38 am

Some white chick tells a black guy to fuck right off on live TV.

—————————-

Things get hot when a white panelist is told not to quote Martin Luther King: I will ‘every single day. And you won’t stop me’

“My thoughts are largely that the most important thing is the content of our character and what’s in our heads and our ideas and our thought, not the color of our skin,” Grossman, a former speechwriter for George W. Bush answered. “So whether or not you have racial diversity in that intern class. I would argue probably you have a lot more diversity in terms of political viewpoints because President Trump’s election has really stirred things up.”

“I’m a little concerned about creating intern classes where everybody looks different but thinks the same,” Grossman added.

“Please don’t quote [Dr. Martin Luther King],” Martin interjected, displaying a familiar stance where some black Americans claim exclusive ownership of King’s legacy.

“I will quote him!” an irritated Grossman fired back. “Do you want to have more of a debate on race?”

The libertarian then made it clear that she will not be bullied into silence over race.

“You’re kind of politically-correct bullying of people on racism is not going to work,” she continued, wagging her finger in the air. “So, I will quote Dr. Martin Luther King every single day. And you won’t stop me.”

sucks to be you, Roland. But it’s loads of fun for me!

125 | April 4, 2018 11:42 am

callous disregard for anything but their own profit

I dunno. There certainly IS that dynamic, but I also see a moral superiority that allows them to decide what the plebs see and don’t see, say and don’t say. If they were just driven by profit, guns would not be on their take-down radar.

And Suckaberger thinks he wants to be POTUS. Only because God is still in place, I’m sure.

126 | April 4, 2018 11:44 am

When you learn about how Charles I lost his head, you just have to shake your own. He could NOT have been more entitled and blindly so. He really left them no choice.

127 | April 4, 2018 2:58 pm

Well, lookie here!

Bahrain’s largest oil find estimated at 80 billion barrels

not to mention 14 TRILLION cubic feet of gas

They’re gonna need some frackers

Bahrain Seeks Big Oil’s Help to Develop New Shale Discovery

Let’s see how much is recoverable. Still, it’s a helluva find