First time visitor? Learn more.
  • No content found in .

  • Today in Music….

    by coldwarrior ( 107 Comments › )
    Filed under Music, Open thread at July 25th, 2018 - 7:36 am

    New York (AFP) – Yoko Ono on Tuesday announced that she is releasing a new album at age 85, saying that her lifelong message of peace was sorely needed in 2018.

    “Warzone,” which will come out on October 19, will revisit songs penned by Ono since 1970, concluding with “Imagine,” her seminal pacifist anthem with her late husband John Lennon.

    “The world is so messed up. Things are very difficult for everybody,” she said in a statement.

    A statement from her representatives added: “It is not too late to change the world. We need Yoko now more than ever.

    I’ll just leave that right there for yinz.

    Comments

    Comments and respectful debate are both welcome and encouraged.

    Comments are the sole opinion of the comment writer, just as each thread posted is the sole opinion or post idea of the administrator that posted it or of the readers that have written guest posts for the Blogmocracy.

    Obscene, abusive, or annoying remarks may be deleted or moved to spam for admin review, but the fact that particular comments remain on the site in no way constitutes an endorsement of their content by any other commenter or the admins of this Blogmocracy.

    We're not easily offended and don't want people to think they have to walk on eggshells around here (like at another place that shall remain nameless) but of course, there is a limit to everything.

    Play nice!

    107 Responses to “Today in Music….”
    ( jump to bottom )

    1. coldwarrior
      1 | July 25, 2018 7:57 am

      i’m holding out for the complete yoko anthology on 180g free range vinyl!


    2. rain of lead
      2 | July 25, 2018 8:14 am

      morning y’all
      so the next step is to get the girl a checking/savings account


    3. coldwarrior
      3 | July 25, 2018 9:51 am

      @ rain of lead:

      heh, wait till she sees withholding.


    4. coldwarrior
      4 | July 25, 2018 9:52 am

      trump killed the media monster.
      https://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2018/07/24/nolte-trumps-job-approval-rating-proves-the-establishment-medias-influence-is-dead/

      howz that go again, nevertrumpers?


    5. 5 | July 25, 2018 9:56 am

      On the 9th Circuit decision on open carry, the reason I won’t get excited yet is that no doubt the appellees will petition for an en banc hearing, at which point the 9th Circuit Clown Car will pull up to 7th and Mission in San Francisco and put on a show before reversing the panel.


    6. coldwarrior
      6 | July 25, 2018 10:13 am

      @ The Barbarian:

      seating for 9, constitution a la carte.


    7. 7 | July 25, 2018 10:37 am

      The Barbarian wrote:

      On the 9th Circuit decision on open carry, the reason I won’t get excited yet is that no doubt the appellees will petition for an en banc hearing, at which point the 9th Circuit Clown Car will pull up to 7th and Mission in San Francisco and put on a show before reversing the panel.

      It will be a repeat of Peruta v. County of San Diego, where the exact same ruling was handed down, and then completely disregarded because it did not fit the Liberal Marxist agenda.

      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruta_v._San_Diego_County

      Short Translation: The 9th Circus completely and totally violated the 2nd amendment. The SCOTUS refused to even hear an appeal because the SCOTUS understands that if they ever do hear a case of similar nature, they will be forced by the wording of the 2nd amendment to basically rule every singles firearms/gun regulatory law as unconstitutional.

      What is shocking, is that the dissenting opinion written by Ruth Bader Ginsberg.

      We should have granted certiorari in this case. The approach taken by the en banc court is indefensible, and the petition raises important questions that this Court should address. I see no reason to await another case. … [T]he Second Amendment’s core purpose further supports this conclusion that the right to bear arms extends to public carry. The Court in Heller emphasized that “self-defense” is “the central component of the [Second Amendment] right itself.” … The Court’s decision to deny certiorari in this case reflects a distressing trend: the treatment of the Second Amendment as a disfavored right. … I do not think we should stand by idly while a State denies its citizens that right, particularly when their very lives may depend on it. I respectfully dissent.


    8. coldwarrior
      8 | July 25, 2018 10:42 am

      @ doriangrey:

      ummm…she wrote that?

      well.


    9. 9 | July 25, 2018 10:46 am

      @ doriangrey:

      I’m hoping to get the case number for this so that I can follow it in PACER, even though I imagine there will be reports via the NRA and other firearms rights groups of its progress.

      I wonder if THIS Supreme Court, with Gorsuch onboard and hopefully Kavanaugh seated will hear this. Let’s see if Buzzy Ginsburg really has the courage of her convictions on this.

      The en banc would be heard in San Francisco, no doubt and the panel will be carefully selected (even though it’s supposed to be random) to insure an outcome favorable to the anti-gun crowd. Unless of course the 9th Circuit refuses en banc and then punts it to the Supreme Court from Jump Street.


    10. coldwarrior
      10 | July 25, 2018 10:49 am


    11. 11 | July 25, 2018 12:44 pm

      If anyone is interested – here is a link to the full opinion in Young v. State of Hawaii.

      https://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2018/07/24/12-17808.pdf

      76-page decision. Yeah, this will take me awhile to plow through.


    12. RIX
      12 | July 25, 2018 4:34 pm

      This is all anti dog hate. Yoko’s singing hurts their ears. Hurts. mine too.


    13. 13 | July 25, 2018 5:04 pm

      RIX wrote:

      This is all anti dog hate. Yoko’s singing hurts their ears. Hurts. mine too.

      I hear NYC Animal Control gets called to the Dakota frequently regarding sounds of suspected animal cruelty only to arrive and find out Yoko’s rehearsing in her living room.


    14. coldwarrior
      14 | July 25, 2018 5:57 pm

      RIX wrote:

      This is all anti dog hate. Yoko’s singing hurts their ears. Hurts. mine too.

      my little bro, in a moment of brilliance, at eide’s records in the city was on the upper balcony and delivered a speech.

      eides has a balcony than runs around the upper floor, thats where all of the specialty vinyl and box sets were. there were about 50 people in the shop.

      he grabbed a copy of the complete yoko ono, everything she ever did and proceeded to the apex of the balcony to address the patrons below.

      at a proper addressing voice: ‘my friends, lend me your ear! in my hand is held the complete yok ono…boxed set…for only $129!

      tell me, my astute audio brothers! would anyone buy this even if i paid for half?

      CROWD–NO!!!

      would anyone enter the audio tyranny and acoustic assault that this represents if i paid half?

      CROWD–NO!!!!

      he then preached for a few minutes with some ‘can i get a witness’ and amens, and vsuch.

      it was hysterical


    15. coldwarrior
      15 | July 25, 2018 6:46 pm

      well, see there is a very valuable life lesson here.

      i grow trinidad scorpion peppers (1million scoville units plus). these things are chemical weapon hot. we bought the lot two doors up from us that was an empty eyesore and turned a garden into it. great soil for vege and tomatoes, etc…and for the evil trinidad scorpion. this lot is also a quick shortcut that the kids will take, i dont mind that.

      well, some idiot learned a great life lesson today. one of my trinidad scorpions is missing, i found half of it about 50 feet away at the edge of the sidewalk, i found the other masticated half 50 feet up the road beside a pile of vomit.

      that burn on the hands and in the mouth and throat wont stop for about 12 hours, washing it will just spread the pain.

      dont eat what you dont know.


    16. 16 | July 25, 2018 7:29 pm

      @ doriangrey:
      Who wrote that and what did they do with Buzzy? And will they keep her wherever they have her?


    17. 17 | July 25, 2018 7:33 pm

      @ coldwarrior:
      I got a link from someone years ago to a video of Yoko screaming and grunting. Why would anyone waste even pocket change on that kind of crap?


    18. coldwarrior
      18 | July 25, 2018 7:50 pm

      @ right_wing2:
      Mrs coldwarrior despises my favorite band. Different strokes.

      I forgive her because she is a foreigner.


    19. coldwarrior
      19 | July 25, 2018 7:53 pm

      @ coldwarrior:


    20. lobo91
      20 | July 25, 2018 8:18 pm

      Breaking: House Republicans Introduce Articles Of Impeachment Against Rosenstein

      A group of 11 House Republicans introduced articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Wednesday evening.

      The impeachment articles accuse Rosenstein of intentionally withholding documents and information from Congress, failure to comply with congressional subpoenas and abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.


    21. lobo91
      21 | July 25, 2018 8:28 pm

      Facebook Plunges Into Bear Market, Wipes Out $132 Billion In Value

      Update 2: Well that escalated quickly: FB is now down over 20% from its closing highs, losing over $130 billion in market value and erasing all of post-Q1 earnings gains, making Mark Zuckerberg $16 billion poorer, and officially entering a bear market.


    22. coldwarrior
      22 | July 25, 2018 10:34 pm

      @ lobo91:
      Can Congress act?


    23. coldwarrior
      23 | July 26, 2018 12:23 am

      well, i have to be up for a few hours to go onto night shift. its a nice cool night…so, outside,

      i was going to study, but…a nice tequila and a great cigar sounds better.


    24. coldwarrior
      24 | July 26, 2018 12:28 am

      for calo:


    25. coldwarrior
      25 | July 26, 2018 12:39 am


    26. coldwarrior
      26 | July 26, 2018 12:41 am

      But who can unlearn all the facts that I’ve learned
      As I sat in their chairs and my synapses burned
      And the torture of chalk dust collects on my tongue
      Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun
      All my vasoconstrictors they come slowly undone
      Can’t this wait till I’m old? Can’t I live while I’m young?

      yep


    27. coldwarrior
      27 | July 26, 2018 12:47 am

      the beach girls?

      i’m diggin the surf guitar


    28. coldwarrior
      28 | July 26, 2018 1:07 am

      i went to KEXP icelandic airways so you dont have to.

      yinz is welcome


    29. coldwarrior
      29 | July 26, 2018 1:16 am

      play at full volume until symptoms subside.


    30. Aussie Infidel
      30 | July 26, 2018 1:18 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      @ doriangrey:

      ummm…she wrote that?

      well.

      Purely a tactical move by RBG. She had her fingers crossed behind her back and it took a lot out of her to actually annunciate the words. There are agendas and then there are AGENDAS.

      🙂

      Never get too distracted by the moving hand but look specifically for the ‘hidden hand’ because that is the one that sets up the next act.


    31. Aussie Infidel
      31 | July 26, 2018 1:20 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      i grow trinidad scorpion peppers (1million scoville units plus).

      You crazy twisted fool you!

      HEH

      🙂


    32. Aussie Infidel
      32 | July 26, 2018 1:27 am

      lobo91 wrote:

      Breaking: House Republicans Introduce Articles Of Impeachment Against Rosenstein

      A group of 11 House Republicans introduced articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein Wednesday evening.

      The impeachment articles accuse Rosenstein of intentionally withholding documents and information from Congress, failure to comply with congressional subpoenas and abuse of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

      Yup the Freedom Caucus.

      Trouble there are many Never Trumpers, RINOs and ‘snouts in the trough’ Republicans who hate the Freedom Caucus more than they are opposed to the Dems.

      This all smoke and mirrors exercise for the plebs baying for Rosenstein’s blood.

      Not going to happen folks because there are still too many swamp dwellers inside the I-95.

      Only thing that’ll fix the problem is a 15 k dialled down B-61 dropped right in the centre of the I-95 loop when both Houses are in session and Trump is sorting out the EU in Brussels.


    33. coldwarrior
      33 | July 26, 2018 1:31 am

      yep, i had that leather jacket and that hair


    34. Aussie Infidel
      34 | July 26, 2018 1:31 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      @ right_wing2:
      Mrs coldwarrior despises my favorite band. Different strokes.

      I forgive her because she is a foreigner.

      You’ve got it backwards again mate. It’s not about you ‘forgiving’ her… it’s about her forgiving YOU.

      🙂

      Happy wife …Happy life.

      🙂

      A man’s GOT to know his limits!

      HEH

      🙂


    35. coldwarrior
      35 | July 26, 2018 1:32 am

      Aussie Infidel wrote:

      You crazy twisted fool you!

      its an ingredient for my jerk chicken.

      some fool found out otherwise. i handle it with double gloves, outside, with goggles and an n95 respirator.


    36. Aussie Infidel
      36 | July 26, 2018 1:34 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      the beach girls?

      i’m diggin the surf guitar

      Great baseline and nice harmonies..

      🙂


    37. coldwarrior
      37 | July 26, 2018 1:35 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      she has learned to live with it.

      i was a dead head well before we were married, it baggage,


    38. coldwarrior
      38 | July 26, 2018 1:36 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      they aint bad, gonna turn my girls onto them.


    39. Aussie Infidel
      39 | July 26, 2018 1:41 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      Aussie Infidel wrote:

      You crazy twisted fool you!

      its an ingredient for my jerk chicken.

      some fool found out otherwise. i handle it with double gloves, outside, with goggles and an n95 respirator.

      I KNOW the feeling. After deseeding a whole load of only middle ranking Chillies I made the beginner mistake of having a slash BEFORE I washed my hands. You could hear my shrieks from the loo to the Bar-B-Que out back. Everyone rolled on the floor laughing their arses off… where all I was doing was rolling on the floor in grief. As you say washing it just spread the pain.

      🙂


    40. coldwarrior
      40 | July 26, 2018 1:42 am

      i have, david, i have. i finally have.


    41. coldwarrior
      41 | July 26, 2018 1:44 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      🙂

      knowledge versus wisdom


    42. Aussie Infidel
      42 | July 26, 2018 1:47 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      they aint bad, gonna turn my girls onto them.

      Try this. It came out of the ark but it is the REAL surf music.

      Bondi Beach on a calm day! Long boards and VWs !

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caDKxgQhd1M
      🙂


    43. coldwarrior
      43 | July 26, 2018 1:50 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      ive manged to get a strain of new mexico chilis to grow here, and some moroccan, and the scorpions.

      we grow some standard jalapenos and habaneros as well.

      the scorps are over the top dangerous


    44. coldwarrior
      44 | July 26, 2018 1:51 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      YES!!!!


    45. Aussie Infidel
      45 | July 26, 2018 1:51 am

      @ coldwarrior:
      Spent the afternoon digging out nails and staples and lifting a whole house load of carpets that haven’t seen a cleaner since 1952!

      You have NO IDEA! Even the dog stopped pissing inside because it was below his dignity apparently.

      That’ll teach me to buy yet ANOTHER old State House. Still they scrub up well and are built like brick shit-houses.

      🙂


    46. coldwarrior
      46 | July 26, 2018 1:54 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      there is something to be said about old bones


    47. Aussie Infidel
      47 | July 26, 2018 1:55 am

      Tawa hardwood floors throughout and they sand up beautifully and 3 coats of satin will bring out the grain and colour. Such a fantastic wood and they were used in State houses as floorboards and then covered up with carpets!

      Sacrilege!

      Still as I said it’ll scrub up really nicely.

      🙂


    48. coldwarrior
      48 | July 26, 2018 1:56 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      that sent me to this

      russian surf!


    49. Aussie Infidel
      49 | July 26, 2018 2:00 am

      Houses opposite front the Tamaki River. Glimpses of the river and boat traffic between houses. Go up a level and the whole of the Tamaki will be revealed. Riverside walkway is just 2 houses away with parks at both ends of Riverside Ave.

      One of the good ones in a little known pocket of houses in Point England. #2 son has a property, he rents out to tenants, in the next street over the back.

      🙂


    50. coldwarrior
      50 | July 26, 2018 2:01 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      mine are 120 year old, i ripped out the carpet and sanded them down. they dont make them like that any more


    51. Aussie Infidel
      51 | July 26, 2018 2:10 am

      I’ll see your dream girl Russian and raise you a bunch of old crazy rockers!

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2k7ivlcqQs&list=RDr2k7ivlcqQs&t=30


    52. coldwarrior
      52 | July 26, 2018 2:11 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      hell yes! playin it an an american legion!


    53. Aussie Infidel
      53 | July 26, 2018 2:13 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      mine are 120 year old, i ripped out the carpet and sanded them down. they dont make them like that any more

      Very true. I even had to take out a mortgage, abet a small one to get this old pile of bricks and tiles. Still it’s only until ‘the girl’ sells her Melbourne apartment and moves back to NZ in December.

      🙂

      Kids!

      I keep promising that I’ll change the locks to stop them coming back like homing pigeons.

      HEH!

      Gotta luv ’em!

      🙂


    54. coldwarrior
      54 | July 26, 2018 2:16 am

      oh hell yes


    55. coldwarrior
      55 | July 26, 2018 2:18 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      lol

      mrs coldwarrior says we need a bigger house, i says we aint movin.

      so the yuge addition goes on next year, im not giving up my view of the river


    56. Aussie Infidel
      56 | July 26, 2018 2:26 am

      Actually there really was a Maroubra Stomp every Friday and Saturday nights just behind the surf club. Yours truly lived just down the road and regularly surfed at Maroubra after school.

      Maybe Little Patti and the Joy Boys (I kid you not) didn’t make it big internationally but they were kinda famous. They were entertaining about 3500 diggers and yanks at Long Tan the night that D Company 1RAR ran into two regiments of NVA and a regiment of VC. The concert continued until the incoming started to blot out the music . Then everyone decided to call it a night and 1st. Australian Task Force backed by 8th Field regiment RAA and 161 Battery RNZA guns plus the yank’s Mediums. The RAAF were dropping ammunition out the sides of their choppers right on top of their troops.The fight was so fierce that11 Pl D Coy called 161 to target their own positions as they were about to get over run by over 400 NVA. My old unit 4th/19 Prince of Wales Light Horse finally got through with ammunition and got amongst a fleeing NVA Battalion with their tracks a 50 cals at point blank in a rubber plantation.

      Little Patti and the Joy Boys came back after the shooting had stopped for an encore.

      🙂


    57. Aussie Infidel
      57 | July 26, 2018 2:27 am

      Little Patti and the Maroubra Stomp

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JimbOFCIuBI


    58. Aussie Infidel
      58 | July 26, 2018 2:27 am

      coldwarrior wrote:

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      lol

      mrs coldwarrior says we need a bigger house, i says we aint movin.

      so the yuge addition goes on next year, im not giving up my view of the river

      Good move. They ain’t making water views anymore!

      🙂


    59. coldwarrior
      59 | July 26, 2018 2:30 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      dad has some bizarre stories like that from viet nam


    60. coldwarrior
      60 | July 26, 2018 2:36 am

      @ Aussie Infidel:

      nope, i get to see from aliquipa to beaver. on my right is the bend in the ohio river where it turns from north to southwest…miles of river from on top of the ridge.

      i can see thunderstorms from 100 miles away

      not leaving. build more


    61. coldwarrior
      61 | July 26, 2018 2:46 am

      love this tune


    62. coldwarrior
      62 | July 26, 2018 2:50 am

      made pizzas in the outside hot as hell pizza oven, made sauce fresh from the garden, started the dough yeserday

      the best part was listening to tom petty while i made the pies


    63. 63 | July 26, 2018 8:47 am

      @ coldwarrior:
      I need to make pizza crust again.

      Years ago a place called Great Harvest Bread made a cracked pepper Parmesan bread. I’d thought it sounded like a great pizza crust, and when I finally found a recipe that sounded good, I tried it out. Very, very good.


    64. Possum
      65 | July 26, 2018 7:34 pm

      Hypothetical situation.

      I am carrying a concealed weapon.

      I see someone violating a parking regulation so I confront them.

      A verbal altercation occurs between myself and the woman who violated the parking laws.

      Her husband comes out of the store and he sees me in an argument with his wife.

      His immediate reaction is to push me away from his wife to protect her.

      I fall on my ass….

      Pull out my gun and shoot him.

      He dies.

      Was I correct in my action? I initiated the confrontation with the woman. She was not doing anything that involved me, my property or my family.

      But I confronted her. And her husband when he saw I was being aggressive to his wife pushed me over.

      So I killed him.

      I should go to prison for life. I started the confrontation. Sadly the man that was murdered didn’t know he was bringing his open palms to a gun fight.


    65. rain of lead
      66 | July 26, 2018 7:55 pm

      Pull out my gun and shoot him.

      full stop.

      Hypothetical possum is to stupid to breathe


    66. Possum
      67 | July 26, 2018 8:18 pm

      rain of lead wrote:

      Pull out my gun and shoot him.

      full stop.

      Hypothetical possum is to stupid to breathe

      So Fucking Stupid Rain Of Lead confronts someones wife, Fucking Stupid Rain Of Lead starts this.

      Then, the husband, although using violence tries to get the crazy fucker who initiated a confrontation over a FUCKING PARKING SPACE .

      He is executed…..

      I agree with using lethal force when someone is in my home.

      Killing someone that pushed me over when I was verbally abusing his wife in a parking lot?

      Nope, that is not “Stand Your Ground” that is getting pushed over for being a parking lot vigalante


    67. Possum
      68 | July 26, 2018 8:31 pm

      rain of lead

      By your thinking it is open season on blacks.

      Great idea, you conceal carry.

      You walk up to a black person in a Walmart parking lot.

      Call them a nigger, they shove you to the ground.

      You then shoot them and kill them.

      You get to go free..


    68. Possum
      69 | July 26, 2018 8:35 pm

      And…… by the silence in here I suspect people are frantically googleing.


    69. CynicalConservative
      70 | July 26, 2018 8:46 pm

      Clean kill. No google involved, read it days ago and chalked it up to a “feel good story of the day”. YMMV.

      Beyond that. Popcorn.

      Great ghost pepper story CW, love it. Wonder if it works for deer?


    70. Possum
      71 | July 26, 2018 8:51 pm

      Google away. The murderer of Markeis McGlockton has a history of parking violation vigilante actions against violators of the handicap space.


    71. Possum
      72 | July 26, 2018 8:54 pm

      CynicalConservative wrote:

      Clean kill. No google involved, read it days ago and chalked it up to a “feel good story of the day”. YMMV.

      Beyond that. Popcorn.

      Great ghost pepper story CW, love it. Wonder if it works for deer?

      Well fuck you.

      Drejka initiated the confrontation.


    72. Possum
      73 | July 26, 2018 9:13 pm

      And yet again we have silence…..

      White person who has a history of harassing people who park in the handicap space finally gets to kill someone.


    73. Possum
      74 | July 26, 2018 9:22 pm

      Crickets….

      Looks like everyone went googling.


    74. Possum
      75 | July 26, 2018 9:57 pm

      So, it is OK I verbally abuse Cold Warrior’s wife because she illegally parked.

      Then Coldwarrior comes out of the store and pushes me to the floor because I was yelling at his wife.

      Then I shoot him and kill him.

      Is that OK with you here?


    75. Possum
      76 | July 26, 2018 10:24 pm

      Silence in here.


    76. Calo
      77 | July 26, 2018 10:30 pm

      @ Possum:
      What is your point here tonight, that we are all gun loving, nigger killing racists?


    77. Possum
      78 | July 26, 2018 10:33 pm

      Calo wrote:

      @ Possum:
      What is your point here tonight, that we are all gun loving, nigger killing racists?

      My point is a white asshole repeatedly caused confrontations at the same store about parking in the handicap space and finally he got to kill someone.


    78. Calo
      79 | July 26, 2018 10:41 pm

      @ Possum:
      So, the white man hassled anyone who parked in the handicapped spot.

      What does RACE have to do with a crazy old man’s actions about his fixation with a particular parking spot?

      Stop conflating racism with crazy.


    79. Possum
      80 | July 26, 2018 10:49 pm

      Calo wrote:

      @ Possum:
      So, the white man hassled anyone who parked in the handicapped spot.

      What does RACE have to do with a crazy old man’s actions about his fixation with a particular parking spot?

      Stop conflating racism with crazy.

      So, and you said it. Crazy old man with a concealed carry weapon.

      Now that is something that needs to stop.


    80. Possum
      81 | July 26, 2018 10:54 pm

      Calo wrote:

      @ Possum:
      What is your point here tonight, that we are all gun loving, nigger killing racists?

      Another point is due to the fact that guns are so freely available then niggers ( your words ) have all the guns they need.


    81. Calo
      82 | July 26, 2018 10:56 pm

      @ Possum:
      Oh, now it’s about teh ebil gunz and conceal carry permits.

      You, more than any one here, knows how much I hate guns, how much pain they have caused me. But, you will never hear me advocating for gun control, if that is what you are insinuating.


    82. Calo
      83 | July 26, 2018 10:59 pm

      Possum wrote:

      Calo wrote:

      @ Possum:
      What is your point here tonight, that we are all gun loving, nigger killing racists?

      Another point is due to the fact that guns are so freely available then niggers ( your words ) have all the guns they need.

      Do not make me bring up England. If people want to kill another, there is always a way.


    83. Possum
      84 | July 26, 2018 11:06 pm

      Calo wrote:

      @ Possum:
      Oh, now it’s about teh ebil gunz and conceal carry permits.

      You, more than any one here, knows how much I hate guns, how much pain they have caused me. But, you will never hear me advocating for gun control, if that is what you are insinuating.

      And there you have it in a nut shell.

      You do not have a gun, neither do I.

      But, other people do not know that. We are respectful and polite in Texas.


    84. Possum
      85 | July 26, 2018 11:16 pm

      OH BY THE WAY, THERE CAN BE NO GUN CONTROL IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

      I did that in big letters because, a gun is not cheese, a lettuce, bacon…

      A gun does not have a “use by date”

      They do not expire.


    85. eaglesoars
      86 | July 26, 2018 11:27 pm

      Possum wrote:

      And…… by the silence in here I suspect people are frantically googleing.

      oh please. If there’s anyone here who doesn’t own/carry, I’m unaware of it. We know the rules. I live in Virginia. I assume everyone is armed and behave accordingly. Escalating from a verbal to physical confrontation will get you shot. I agree that the guy who did the shooting sounds like a total prick but he was within his rights to defend his physical safety with deadly force.

      Then Coldwarrior comes out of the store and pushes me to the floor because I was yelling at his wife.

      If CW pushes you to the floor, you’re staying there.

      I agree people can be stupid about picking fights and 99.99% of the time, the smart move is to walk away. It certainly was in this case. Stupid can get you killed, and in this case, it did.

      But nobody is taking my weapons because other people are stupid. Just because some people abuse cats, that’s no reason to prevent you from having Boris and Natasha.


    86. Possum
      87 | July 26, 2018 11:29 pm

      And in the USA never double flash your main beam headlights. You will get shot at!

      In the civilized world it means “I see you, you go first”

      or if a semi is passing you a double flash tells the driver the trailer is clear of you .


    87. Possum
      88 | July 26, 2018 11:40 pm

      eaglesoars wrote:

      Possum wrote:

      And…… by the silence in here I suspect people are frantically googleing.

      oh please. If there’s anyone here who doesn’t own/carry, I’m unaware of it. We know the rules. I live in Virginia. I assume everyone is armed and behave accordingly. Escalating from a verbal to physical confrontation will get you shot. I agree that the guy who did the shooting sounds like a total prick but he was within his rights to defend his physical safety with deadly force.

      Then Coldwarrior comes out of the store and pushes me to the floor because I was yelling at his wife.

      If CW pushes you to the floor, you’re staying there.

      I agree people can be stupid about picking fights and 99.99% of the time, the smart move is to walk away. It certainly was in this case. Stupid can get you killed, and in this case, it did.

      But nobody is taking my weapons because other people are stupid. Just because some people abuse cats, that’s no reason to prevent you from having Boris and Natasha.

      You are not getting it…

      The killer started the confrontation,

      defending the handicap space was his thing.

      Even the store owner confirmed the murderer was nuts about it,

      As to Boris and Natasha, well the window is always open so they can get in and out. There is always water and food available.

      But, I do not own them or restrict them.

      They are free to do as they want.


    88. Possum
      89 | July 27, 2018 12:19 am

      Calo wrote:

      Possum wrote:

      Calo wrote:

      @ Possum:
      What is your point here tonight, that we are all gun loving, nigger killing racists?

      Another point is due to the fact that guns are so freely available then niggers ( your words ) have all the guns they need.

      Do not make me bring up England. If people want to kill another, there is always a way.

      OK if that is how you want to do this I think I have an hour free in November so we can discuss this face to face.


    89. 90 | July 27, 2018 1:10 am

      @ Possum:
      What.


    90. 91 | July 27, 2018 1:13 am

      Possum wrote:

      OH BY THE WAY, THERE CAN BE NO GUN CONTROL IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

      There is a funny thing here. I like you, (a lot actually) so I want to say this very carefully. My step father raised me to be a PKA (Professional Karate Assignation of America) fighter from the age of 7. My greatest fear in life is not that someone will start a fight, or pull a gun on me and kill me. It is that someone will startle me, or scare me when I am not expecting it, and I will kill them.

      I know that you think I am bullshitting you. I am not. It is very bad form for me to say this next thing. But I will just that same because it has a certain point to it. Coldwarrior has met me in person. You may ask him in whichever manner suits you, publicly or privately, if I am bullshitting you.

      I really am 6 foot 1, and 200 pounds, trained to the 4th Dan in Taekwondo and could kill you with my bare hands in under 5 seconds in the wrong circumstances.

      Why am I bringing this up you must certainly be asking?
      The answer is in the very contentious issue you bring up. If you every meet me in person, yes, I am a scary and intimidating person. It is not that I try to be, or do anything to be so, I just am. (again, sorry coldwarrior) ask coldwarrior if I am lying.

      Someone like you who runs into someone like me tends to have a odd reaction. You get5 intimidated, even though I have ZERO intention of intimidating you. They do crazy things, like trying to kill people like me even when we haven’t done anything to justify it. Fear is like that, it makes you do crazy things.

      EVERY SINGLE physical confrontation has that possibility. You may think (like two of my brothers did, that a fist fight is just a fist fight) but reality is sooo profoundly different.

      When I was 19 I put a US Marine Corps Sargent in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. It still haunts me to this day. Unlike you, I know how easy it is to kill an human being. Like I said, I can do it in under 5 seconds with my bare hands.

      Not a lot or people are trained as I was, to do such damage in such a short amount of time, the problem is… That you never know who was/is and who isn’t.

      coldwarrior is a genuinely amazing individual, he knows and was trained in everything I was, probably even more. He made the conscience decision that he wanted to save lives, rather than take them. I won’t say I worship the ground he walks on for this, but its damned close.

      It disturbs me that you seem to have so little a grasp on what and how violence is and works. Everything I know about how to cripple or kill you, I know because I was trained to know it. Every single person on the face of the earth is capable of every thing I am, the difference is the knowledgeable intent.

      I know exactly where and how hard to punch you in you chest to stop you heart, where and how hard to punch you in your throat to stop you from breathing. The thing that is important for you to understand, is you do not have to have my knowledge to do the exact same thing. You just have to hit someone in the right place with just the right amount of force (which is so much less force then you imagine) to do the exact same thing.

      I know you are a former British Subject, your mind is filled with Marxist/British propaganda. It 100 percent is not the gun that has any importance here. A gun (contrary to every Marxist bullshit propaganda point you have swallowed as if it were the Gospel itself) is not the problem. A firearm, aka a gun, is just a tool like a hammer, a screwdriver or a pasta machine. 1by themselves they are 100 percent incapable of doing anything what-so-ever.

      You have been brain washed, Sorry, bit that is the truth, in my hands, a radish, lettuces, or a single piece of paper are every bit as deadly as any firearm. It is not, and never will be the tool you use, it 100 percent is and always will be, who is wielding the tool and why.

      Please… I honestly love you man. But get a grip on reality. Every escalation of hostility is the potential for someone to die. Even when death is not the intended or desired outcome. The willful and intentional collapse into fear and darkness always leads to the exact same place.


    91. 93 | July 27, 2018 1:16 am

      @ Possum:
      I have a pen that can puncture a juglar vein. I hope I never have to use it.

      It’s not classified as a weapon. Yet.


    92. Possum
      94 | July 27, 2018 1:21 am

      doriangrey wrote:

      Possum wrote:

      OH BY THE WAY, THERE CAN BE NO GUN CONTROL IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

      There is a funny thing here. I like you, (a lot actually) so I want to say this very carefully. My step father raised me to be a PKA (Professional Karate Assignation of America) fighter from the age of 7. My greatest fear in life is not that someone will start a fight, or pull a gun on me and kill me. It is that someone will startle me, or scare me when I am not expecting it, and I will kill them.

      I know that you think I am bullshitting you. I am not. It is very bad form for me to say this next thing. But I will just that same because it has a certain point to it. Coldwarrior has met me in person. You may ask him in whichever manner suits you, publicly or privately, if I am bullshitting you.

      I really am 6 foot 1, and 200 pounds, trained to the 4th Dan in Taekwondo and could kill you with my bare hands in under 5 seconds in the wrong circumstances.

      Why am I bringing this up you must certainly be asking?
      The answer is in the very contentious issue you bring up. If you every meet me in person, yes, I am a scary and intimidating person. It is not that I try to be, or do anything to be so, I just am. (again, sorry coldwarrior) ask coldwarrior if I am lying.

      Someone like you who runs into someone like me tends to have a odd reaction. You get5 intimidated, even though I have ZERO intention of intimidating you. They do crazy things, like trying to kill people like me even when we haven’t done anything to justify it. Fear is like that, it makes you do crazy things.

      EVERY SINGLE physical confrontation has that possibility. You may think (like two of my brothers did, that a fist fight is just a fist fight) but reality is sooo profoundly different.

      When I was 19 I put a US Marine Corps Sargent in a wheel chair for the rest of his life. It still haunts me to this day. Unlike you, I know how easy it is to kill an human being. Like I said, I can do it in under 5 seconds with my bare hands.

      Not a lot or people are trained as I was, to do such damage in such a short amount of time, the problem is… That you never know who was/is and who isn’t.

      coldwarrior is a genuinely amazing individual, he knows and was trained in everything I was, probably even more. He made the conscience decision that he wanted to save lives, rather than take them. I won’t say I worship the ground he walks on for this, but its damned close.

      It disturbs me that you seem to have so little a grasp on what and how violence is and works. Everything I know about how to cripple or kill you, I know because I was trained to know it. Every single person on the face of the earth is capable of every thing I am, the difference is the knowledgeable intent.

      I know exactly where and how hard to punch you in you chest to stop you heart, where and how hard to punch you in your throat to stop you from breathing. The thing that is important for you to understand, is you do not have to have my knowledge to do the exact same thing. You just have to hit someone in the right place with just the right amount of force (which is so much less force then you imagine) to do the exact same thing.

      I know you are a former British Subject, your mind is filled with Marxist/British propaganda. It 100 percent is not the gun that has any importance here. A gun (contrary to every Marxist bullshit propaganda point you have swallowed as if it were the Gospel itself) is not the problem. A firearm, aka a gun, is just a tool like a hammer, a screwdriver or a pasta machine. 1by themselves they are 100 percent incapable of doing anything what-so-ever.

      You have been brain washed, Sorry, bit that is the truth, in my hands, a radish, lettuces, or a single piece of paper are every bit as deadly as any firearm. It is not, and never will be the tool you use, it 100 percent is and always will be, who is wielding the tool and why.

      Please… I honestly love you man. But get a grip on reality. Every escalation of hostility is the potential for someone to die. Even when death is not the intended or desired outcome. The willful and intentional collapse into fear and darkness always leads to the exact same place.

      I feel sorry for you.

      It seems every confrontation you have is a kill or die situation.


    93. Possum
      95 | July 27, 2018 1:39 am

      My skill is being someone who is not a target for a lettuce wielding mad man.

      Laugh all you want, ridicule me but I am a pussy, cannot fight, do not own a gun but I do OK here.

      I am doing OK here, been living here for three years.

      The key to survival where I live is to become part of the community.

      If Dorian moved here with his attitude he would be dead within a week.


    94. Possum
      96 | July 27, 2018 1:52 am

      @ Bunk X:

      LMAO just tried to find your number so I could call you.


    95. Possum
      97 | July 27, 2018 1:57 am

      @ doriangrey:

      Just re read that Dorian.

      You can kill with a radish?

      That I want to see…


    96. Bordm
      98 | July 27, 2018 1:57 am

      @ Possum:
      Every confrontation has the potential of becoming a kill or die situation. You’re an adult and you have been in enough situations to know that.


    97. Possum
      99 | July 27, 2018 2:08 am

      Bordm wrote:

      @ Possum:
      Every confrontation has the potential of becoming a kill or die situation. You’re an adult and you have been in enough situations to know that.

      And as an adult I just walk away.

      Or I defuse the situation and file a report later.

      Yes I also know not to stop at a local store in the afternoon to buy smokes or coffee. If I do I get asked for money by some desperate person while his friends surround my car,

      Place is OK in the morning. LOL

      I live in Houston, and in a confrontation I have nothing worth dying for,


    98. Possum
      100 | July 27, 2018 2:14 am

      An example of how tolerant I am and how polite we are in Houston.

      Yesterday I was second in a left turn lane. Light went green, Truck in front never moved.

      Then it went red, he was messing with his phone.


    99. Bordm
      101 | July 27, 2018 2:35 am

      @ Possum:
      So far they’ve let you walk away or you’ve ‘defused the situation’. I too have lived in Houston, all over and for many years, as you know. Having nothing worth dying for will not stop an asshole from trying to kill you. I’ve never had to kill anyone and hope I never do. There have been times that I’ve had to defend myself because they wouldn’t allow me to walk away.


    100. rain of lead
      102 | July 27, 2018 6:42 am

      now that was an interesting thread
      shame I went to bed right after posting my reply to possum
      it would have been fun to get in on


    101. 103 | July 27, 2018 6:43 am

      @ coldwarrior:
      Sounds good.

      https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/222866/worlds-easiest-bread-machine-pizza-dough/

      I add a bit more pepper & about 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese to this and increase the water just a little bit.


    102. 104 | July 27, 2018 6:57 am

      @ Bunk X:
      That sounds pretty good too.

      Mine’s very simple.
      – 1 pound hamburger – 6 slices bacon – 1 pound stew meat
      – 1 small onion – 1 bottle BBQ sauce – 1 can chili beans
      – garlic powder, chili powder, cajun seasoning, red pepper to taste
      – 1/8 cup whiskey or beer

      Brown the meat & drain. Throw everything in the Crock Pot and cook on low 8 hours.


    103. coldwarrior
      105 | July 27, 2018 7:13 am

      this argument of possum’s is either a retrospective determinism error or a base rate fallacy…this is also a hasty generalization, but that one is too easy.

      there are millions of gun owners and millions who carry, yet this argument rests on the action of one clearly deranged nutjob (the shooter, not the possum).

      guns are carried millions of times a day, yet the focus and argument arises from this one example. if this is held to be a logical argument, then, by the parameters of the possum, the millions who are safe should be punished by the actions of one moron.


    104. coldwarrior
      106 | July 27, 2018 7:13 am

      new thread


    105. 107 | July 27, 2018 8:21 am

      Possum wrote:

      If Dorian moved here with his attitude he would be dead within a week.

      ROTFLMAO… You goofy possum. You could not have proven my point faster or more completely had you tried. I am not a violent or confrontational individual. Having, and being aware of a capacity for violence is not the same as being violent.

      The fact that you think I would be dead in a week in Houston only proves that despite your painfully obvious self deception regarding confrontations, you do actually know that every single one of them is a life and death matter.

      Do you really want to see me kill someone with a radish? Or just want to know how its done? Put the radish in the palm of your striking hand, strike your opponent in their neck on the left side of their Adams apple 1 inch from their Adams apple. Strike them hard enough to crush the radish.

      The result of your blow to their neck will cause their neck to swell up, collapsing their carotid artery. Death results from oxygen starvation to their brain. The radish needs to be about the size of an egg.

      Human beings are amazingly fragile creatures. It is not amazing in the slightest that you can kill a person with something as benign seeming as a radish. What is actually amazing, is that more people don’t die from seemingly innocent and benign objects every day.

      Yes, study the martial arts long enough, and unless you are exceptionally slow witted you eventually come to understand that virtually everything is a lethal weapon. The Chinese emperor’s forbid the peasants from owning lethal weapons, so a Shaolin monk invented chop sticks.

      Come on, really? Who doesn’t recognize just how lethal a 12 to 16 inch long stick tapered to a point is? It isn’t just a coincidence that they are just small enough in diameter to fit between your ribs, and long enough to go through your heart and made out of incredibly strong and flexible bamboo.


    Back to the Top

    The Blogmocracy

    website design was Built By All of Us