• Election 2018 Open Thread #1…A Pre-Game Cigar

Filed under Elections 2016, Elections 2018, Open thread, Politics at November 6th, 2018 - 12:44 am

Here we go! Election 2018. Two years ago at this time Dorian and Mrs Coldwarrior and I were sitting on the deck having a few pre-election drinks. I assured both of them that Trump has this in the bag. You know, I am happy to have made that prediction quite publicly on Day One of his candidacy and been 100% right. Those of us who backed him took abuse not only from the left, which is to be expected, but we took abuse from our so called ‘friends’ who were supposedly on our own side. Yes, the Blogmocracy pretty much imploded over Trump and I say GOOD! The truths that were revealed in the 2016 election just on the right were well worth the consternation and frustration…ALL was revealed in 2016. Everyone everywhere had heir masks ripped from their faces and true intention, thoughts, and attitudes were revealed all across the right.

What do the Nevertrumpers have now? Nothing. Nothing. Trump has been more Conservative and successful than they could ever manage because they were all talk and no action and ignorant of basic economics, the fundamentals of foreign policy, and what the massive middle class wanted. Was this on purpose or was this simple ignorance? I’ll leave that to the reader to decide.

On to the important stuff, The Cigar 🙂
    Tonight I am on the deck late after a few tough shifts up north and now two days off. On the drive home I decided that the cigar on the deck would be a Gran Toro (6″ x 52/64th) Undercrown Liga Privada from Esteli, Nicaragua by way of NYC: Drew Estates (please read their great story here). This cigar is one of my favorites and it looks great in the humidor.

In early 2009 we asked our torcedores to smoke less Liga Privada (Private Blend) cigars because they were leaving too few to be exported. This request was met with the disappointment you would expect, but rather than being disgruntled they responded by blending their own signature liga.

Incorporating many of the same rare tobaccos, but of different vintages and primings, the cigar they created was no mere replacement. Rather it is an exceptional smoking experience of uncompromising quality and flavor that deserves to be smoked by all.

It is always the master makers who are heralded, but the reality is that great cigars are the product of many talented people, most of whom toil in factories with no publicity ever. They are the uncelebrated heroes who make all of our lives more pleasurable with the cigars they craft. And therefore, it is with great pleasure that we are now sharing their factory floor creation with you as Undercrown, borne of our worker’s ingenuity, resourcefulness and passion for a great cigar.
    Blend Summary:

Capa: Otapan Negro Último Corte
    Capote: T52 Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut & Cured Habano
    Tripa: Select Brazilian Mata Fina and Nicaraguan Cuban Seed

The Beer that I am having with this smoke is also a ‘Liga Privada’; Fat Beagle Brewery Darkstar Stout. I make a batch every year around this time and cork it in champagne bottles and let it rest in the wine cellar for a good few months. It’s a 20 year old recipe with an unbroken continual yeast line that has now evolved into it’s own ‘house’ thing.

I have no prediction for the election. But I did put $100 of Blogbux that the GOP keeps the house.

Comments

122 Responses to “Election 2018 Open Thread #1…A Pre-Game Cigar”

1 | November 6, 2018 1:49 am

let the games begin!

2. 2 | November 6, 2018 2:14 am

Tomorrow is going to be interestng. Wednesday is going to be interestinger.

3 | November 6, 2018 2:26 am

Bunk X wrote:

Tomorrow is going to be interestng. Wednesday is going to be interestinger.

Hence the reason why I took both days off.

4. Buckeye Abroad
      4 | November 6, 2018 6:16 am

I will catch the early returns before I go to bed around midnight (CET) and do damage assessment before I go to work. No idea what the polling says, but from the crew back home I think the GOP will hold the Senate (with a possible pickup or two) and we will lose seats though still hold the House. Mid-terms usually has less turn out, but the Kavanaugh witch hunt has pissed a lot of people off.

“all talk and no action and ignorant of basic economics, the fundamentals of foreign policy,..”

Thats universal I’m afraid and age doesn’t nessarily make people wiser.

6 | November 6, 2018 6:19 am

UPDATE: Mrs. Battel is fired by the newspaper.

7 | November 6, 2018 6:35 am

“Make America Great Again, it’s not a slogan, it’s an objective.”

8 | November 6, 2018 6:45 am

damn
      Crowd breaks into ‘Amazing Grace’ after guest appears to fall ill at Missouri Trump rally

10 | November 6, 2018 7:10 am

Good morning. Today is the day, it’s showtime.

11 | November 6, 2018 7:11 am

UPDATE: Mrs. Battel is fired by the newspaper.

Because she got caught. The behavior her boss couldn’t defend was her stupidity.

can you say “CYA”. I knew that you could.

The pollsters have a problem not related to their bias or pissy respondents. There’s a problem with the method (phones) and nobody knows how to fix it. At least Nate is coming clean with “I have no idea what’s going on”. Charlie Cook came out last night with a prediction that makes the Dems look like they’re going to take over the world and he’s adamant about it. He’s got a major F U attitude going on.

12 | November 6, 2018 7:55 am

To CW’s point, things really became unglued here during the 16 election. The Never Trumpers wentt crazy.
      I was as open about supporting Trump as CW, but he incensed them because he is the blog master.
      I had some spats, but the most serious one was with Mac. He let me know that if I persisted supporting Trump we could not be friends. We never met, but I liked the guy on this board.
      I do not know what got them so unhinged because the discussions got so nasty and emotional.
      CW put up a hell of a battle, but he should not have had to.

13 | November 6, 2018 7:58 am

The Dems and the propaganda media will go bat shit if the Republicans hold the House.
      Can you say “not my congressman”?

14 | November 6, 2018 8:08 am

Can you say “not my congressman”?

If the majority is in doubt due to a couple close races, expect demands for recounts, etc., to draw things out and prevent a Republican speaker. It will be Bush/Gore/Florida nightmare all over again.

yuck

I’m at a loss to explain some of the NeverTrumpers here. I don’t believe any of them are snobs of the Bill Kristol ilk, so I don’t know where the ferocity came from. I don’t think any of them dropped friendships with Obama supporters and he is a manifest traitor.

have to get moving, later.

15 | November 6, 2018 8:13 am

Yeah, the whole NeverTrumper meltdown here was surprising and disappointing.

14. Buckeye Abroad
      16 | November 6, 2018 8:35 am

That is something I didn’t digest or maybe I missed out over the years when other posters threw their toys out of the pram. CW mentions it, but I didn’t go back to read all the old posts. How many were there?

I voted for Cruz in the primary (Kaisch took OH unfortunately), but voted for Trump during the general election like most people. I don’t see how anyone could vote for Clinton after 8 years of the JEF.

15. yenta-fada
      17 | November 6, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah, the whole NeverTrumper meltdown here was surprising and disappointing.

My computer blocked the blog for a long period. I wondered what happened to some of the regulars. The Ozero years & ongoing divide and and conquer tactics conflated the personal with the political. Peeps on the right were in danger of losing their jobs for holding the ‘wrong’ views. The STATE became religion. We have friends who refused to talk politics or religion over dinner. Social life fired up from the combined emotional force of those two hot buttons.

16. yenta-fada
      18 | November 6, 2018 8:54 am

13 minutes of clarity on the POV of the ruling class sociopaths. Why it is so easy and useful for them to replace you with third world invaders in a borderless world.

Trump is a human being in an anti-human apparatus.

17. yenta-fada
      19 | November 6, 2018 8:57 am

MORNING Y’all
      I hate when this happens

Funny. Stupidity meets entitlement meets Darwin award.

18. yenta-fada
      20 | November 6, 2018 9:03 am

Compare Bammy and Trump at work in the Oval Office.

21 | November 6, 2018 9:13 am

And a grand morning it is!

22 | November 6, 2018 9:17 am

Oh, but I DO believe that several of our nevertrumpers were indeed elitist wanna be’s.

Everyone’s mask came off.

21. 23 | November 6, 2018 9:19 am

Not only that, she apparently didn’t think to delete her Twitter account. She is getting an earful this morning.

24 | November 6, 2018 9:19 am

That was a battle gladly fought. I enjoyed every revealing and educational moment of it.

25 | November 6, 2018 9:20 am

But anyway….gonna vote then go on a day date with mrs coldwarrior until the kinderbots get home.

24. yenta-fada
      26 | November 6, 2018 9:20 am

From Marty Armstrong:

“Hamilton and Madison deliberately designed the political system that those in power would take popular views of the people and they would be translated into public policy through the election of representatives “whose wisdom may,” in Madison’s words, “best discern the true interest of their country.” That indeed radically curtailed the idea of We the People and deliberately made it that the people could only influence the government at best indirectly. This was no accident. So we have political parties deliberately exploiting hatred to prevent the people from ever figuring out that they are looked down upon and seen as fools from behind the curtain.”

25. 27 | November 6, 2018 9:21 am

Hey, I was never ashamed to say I wasn’t an initial Trump supporter. I actually favored Scott Walker but I think he got into the race too late. I was rather concerned about whether Trump would produce if elected. Once he was the nominee, of course, I was in 100%. But still was worried about “conservative” works if he got elected.

I have never been happier to be more wrong in my life. And Football Savant Offspring LOVES him – he gives his friends the truth about Trump every chance he gets.

26. yenta-fada
      28 | November 6, 2018 9:22 am

Great idea!

27. 29 | November 6, 2018 9:25 am

The Democrats are going all out trying to steal two conservative seats in Red California – Tom McClintock in Sacramento and Jeff Denham in the San Joaquin Valley. In McClintock’s case, they’re running a little cutie pie who says “I have worked with both Republican and Democrat administrations” as she canoes down the American River; translation: I had a government job during the Schwarzenegger and Brown terms. She’ll be a Pelosi stooge once she’s in Congress.

In Modesto – they’re running endless ads for Josh Harder, a REAL progressive socialist who forgot what the Valley stands for. He somehow sees Denham voting against the ACA as a bad thing.

30 | November 6, 2018 9:32 am

@ yenta-fada:
      Until a few years ago, bars were closed in PA on election day

29. 31 | November 6, 2018 9:32 am

And I tell you, I’m LOVIN’ Lindsay Graham 2.0. I’ll play wait and see when it comes to immigration, and it’s probably a really horrible thing to say, but i think the best thing that ever happened to him was the removal of the obstruction of John McCain. The Kavanaugh hearings finally gave him a chance to come into his own.

30. yenta-fada
      32 | November 6, 2018 9:36 am

@ yenta-fada:
      Until a few years ago, bars were closed in PA on election day

Alcohol + Politics = potent mix. 🙂

33 | November 6, 2018 9:38 am

@ yenta-fada:
      Booze was the bribe. Hey, George Washington did it!

32. yenta-fada
      34 | November 6, 2018 9:38 am

@ The Barbarian:

Removing McCain was good for the Country.

35 | November 6, 2018 9:39 am

@ The Barbarian:
      Graham has impressed the hell out of me.

34. 36 | November 6, 2018 9:58 am

It’ll be a busy time for Democrats in California.

In addition to manning and proctoring the polls, they’re probably also hard at work getting those boxes of ballots in trunks of cars for recounts in close races. Not to mentioning having them strategically parked in various neighborhoods.

35. 37 | November 6, 2018 10:10 am

I may have to stay off Twitter today.
      Tasty Breakfast Sandwich is out there urging people to vote Democrat.
      I may have to drive to Utah and punch his ugly mug.

38 | November 6, 2018 10:26 am

@ The Barbarian:
      He’s yesterday’s news.

37. 39 | November 6, 2018 10:56 am

@ The Barbarian:
      He’s yesterday’s news.

So Mittens is running for the Senate from Utah, right?
      By the way, does anyone know where I can see Rush’s speech in Missouri with Trump last night. Friggin’ FOX cut it off to go with some damn lame liberal panel on Laura Ingraham.

38. darkwords
      40 | November 6, 2018 11:24 am

The nevertrumpers seemed dismayed that other people choose a crass racist as their leader. But nevermind Obama. Blogs can be unforgetting so I imagine while secretly pleased with Trump they are embarrassed to be seen with old friends. I would probably still take a dig at Rodan if he was still posting here. Humoress and misunderstood dig but still a dig. Trump will do for Hispanics in the country what he has done for the Supreme Court.

39. yenta-fada
      41 | November 6, 2018 12:33 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

@ The Barbarian:
      He’s yesterday’s news.

So Mittens is running for the Senate from Utah, right?

42 | November 6, 2018 2:17 pm

Went to the local and had a couple Cigar City Jai Ali IPA from Tampa, real nice, kinda like Sierra Nevada.

And a Pittsburgh burgher.

Half pound of local ground beef, onion, provolone, dry slaw, and a fried egg.

It’s good to be American

43 | November 6, 2018 2:19 pm

Me n mrs coldwarrior split an order of Scotch eggs.

42. 44 | November 6, 2018 2:28 pm

CNN showing once again they know NOTHING about “flyover country”

45 | November 6, 2018 2:32 pm

A romeo y julieta 505 pure and some casa amigo repasato tequila, 65f and a nice breeze…

Yet, winter approacheth…..

46 | November 6, 2018 2:33 pm

I hate giving George Clooney money, but damn. That’s some excellent tequila

47 | November 6, 2018 3:03 pm

@ The Barbarian:

wow

46. 48 | November 6, 2018 3:06 pm

Is it votin day again? Well dang nation, guess I better be gitin my arse out and gittin er done.

47. darkwords
      49 | November 6, 2018 3:11 pm

@ The Barbarian:
      lol

48. 50 | November 6, 2018 4:10 pm

It’ll make my day if Newsom loses because he really believes Californians want to live in a Sanctuary State.

49. yenta-fada
      51 | November 6, 2018 4:53 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

Troll!

50. yenta-fada
      52 | November 6, 2018 4:58 pm

@ The Barbarian:

You saw my #41 in response to your request about Rush’s full speech?

53 | November 6, 2018 5:03 pm

Just returned from polling place. Kind of worried. Lots of angry looking Liz Warren types and young’uns. Of course it was just afterschool, so maybe it was all the teachers…MUCH busier than usual.

Our lil’ precinct went Trump by 37 votes out of just over 250 in 2016. Plus Bob Casey is running as though he’s Trump, Lou Barletta seemingly failed to advertise his campaign for governor, and our solid Red House Rep Keith Rothfus got redistricted in with a bunch of millenials and dindus. (Thanks, PA Supreme Court). Oh and is running against “US Marine” SJW Conor Lamb.

I’m praying, but less hopeful for my area than in 16.

54 | November 6, 2018 5:05 pm

I’m most disappointed in Barletta’s gubernatorial campaign. Hardly a mention in a state that’s making money and jobs through natural gas and a resurgence in manufacturing.

53. yenta-fada
      55 | November 6, 2018 5:10 pm

Dr. Dave Janda, an honest man with direct contacts in DC since the Regan admin talks about voter fraud. His insider told him about TAMPERED voting machines placed around the country that were pre-set. Many have been replaced, but I’ve seen reports of hellish lines waiting to vote because machines aren’t operating. Start at the 6 minute mark to get his report on this.

56 | November 6, 2018 5:11 pm

My sister checked in after her polling work in Panama City was done. She said the Dems have come out in droves. She’s not confident.

57 | November 6, 2018 5:53 pm

On the plus side, most employed people vote later.

58 | November 6, 2018 5:55 pm

my guess for tonight, we hold the senate, maybe pick up a couple of seats, the house will flip back to the dems, then there will be 2 years of sound and fury and nothing getting done… I’m ok with that

60 | November 6, 2018 7:08 pm

the magic numbers for tonight are 23 and 2

61 | November 6, 2018 7:13 pm

I never understood their attitude. Disagree but wtf?

62 | November 6, 2018 7:16 pm

crimeny, those numbers are huge. My sister is in Bay County which isn’t noted there, but still…………

63 | November 6, 2018 7:17 pm

I let all of you down.

I didn’t vote.

🙁

64 | November 6, 2018 7:20 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

I get that. I was for Ben Carson , but I realized that he was too passive.
      Once Trump declared that night at Trump Towe I was all in. We were talking about the Never Trumpers.
      Ted Cruz annoys me, but I would have voted for him.

65 | November 6, 2018 7:22 pm

Wayne Luzerne Lackawanna and Monroe reporting phenom numbers in turnout in PA

66 | November 6, 2018 7:30 pm

Ed Rendell was just on saying Trump is going to get his ass handed to him because people are tired of his ‘made up caravan’ stuff. WHAT??

64. 67 | November 6, 2018 7:40 pm

@ yenta-fada:

I did and I don’t know where my manners went – Thank you so much.
      Fantastic speech.

65. 68 | November 6, 2018 7:41 pm

Same thing here in California. I don’t know if DG saw any in SoCal but I never saw a SINGLE ad for John Cox, the Republican gubernatorial candidate.

69 | November 6, 2018 7:42 pm

NY Lawmakers Propose Social Media Hate Speech Checks Before Gun Purchases

Lawmakers in New York have begun drafting legislation that would require potential gun owners to have the past three years of their social media reviewed before they were granted permission to own a firearm.

Eric Adams, the president of Brooklyn Borough, and state Senator Kevin Palmer are currently writing the proposed legislation, which would give law enforcement authorities the power to check up to three years of an individual’s social media accounts and internet search history before they are allowed to buy a gun, WCBS Newsradio 880 reported. One of the main aims is to identify any hate speech shared by the users, as the politicians noted that such offensive comments are generally only discovered after mass shootings occur.

“A three-year review of a social media profile would give an easy profile of a person who is not suitable to hold and possess a firearm,” Adams explained, according to the WCBS report.

“If the police department is reviewing a gang assault, a robbery, some type of shooting, they go and do a social media profile investigation,” the borough president pointed out.

Palmer and Adams insist that such legislation is needed to curb gun violence, despite inevitable opposition from gun lobbyists as well as some who may be concerned about free speech.

So…buying a gun is now equivalent to committing a “gang assault, a robbery” or “some type of shooting”?

70 | November 6, 2018 8:31 pm

It looks like Barbara Comstock has lost. If Dave Bratt loses, I may have to look for another state because these people will come after my guns.

68. 4_Sticks
      71 | November 6, 2018 8:37 pm

Maybe old news, I don’t know but, for fellow Zep fans at least, it can never get old:

Best Plant EVER !!

72 | November 6, 2018 9:25 pm

numbers
      218 needed for control
      D 66
      R 64

senate
      D 40
      R 47

73 | November 6, 2018 9:32 pm

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!

Mississippi Senate is tie, runoff Nov 27

And Cruz is losing, Midland and Amarillo had better show up

74 | November 6, 2018 9:34 pm

the night is yet young

75 | November 6, 2018 9:34 pm

Fox projecting Dems take the House.

76 | November 6, 2018 9:37 pm

Mississippi Senate is tie, runoff Nov 27

???

huh? R Wicker with 59% of vote

77 | November 6, 2018 9:44 pm

Espy vs Hyde-Smith

78 | November 6, 2018 9:46 pm

CBS is calling Texas for BetaMale

79 | November 6, 2018 9:59 pm

CBS is calling Texas for BetaMale

The red areas haven’t reported yet and Cruz is still in the lead.

81 | November 6, 2018 10:07 pm

Pa14 and Pa 17 looks like a swap.

82 | November 6, 2018 10:08 pm

Correct

Same thing happens in PA

83 | November 6, 2018 10:15 pm

CBS is calling Texas for BetaMale

ABC just called for Cruz.

84 | November 6, 2018 10:16 pm

I hate everybody

82. yenta-fada
      85 | November 6, 2018 10:22 pm

I hate everybody

I hear you. The torture of Kavanaugh did get some blowback though. Helped the Senate Republicans.

86 | November 6, 2018 10:23 pm

ok, Cruz wins and this, FWIW

I’m sitting next to @KarlRove on set at Fox. He’s been crunching #’s all night. He just passed me this note about Florida Governor & Senate races:

“R’s win both.”

Still no official calls.

84. yenta-fada
      87 | November 6, 2018 10:26 pm

CBS is calling Texas for BetaMale

ABC just called for Cruz.

The big money made a big Beto difference in Texas, but FOX called for Cruz just now.

85. 88 | November 6, 2018 10:33 pm

KS Gov race looks like a Dem win.

89 | November 6, 2018 10:37 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

The big money made a big Beto difference in Texas,

80 million pissed away. You could give me 40 and I’d take twice as long.

87. yenta-fada
      90 | November 6, 2018 10:41 pm

It’s not much of a victory for Cruz. Texas has changed with the rise of liberal high tax State escapees.

88. yenta-fada
      91 | November 6, 2018 10:50 pm

From a Canadian blog:

Report from rural South Carolina: turnout seems to be bigger than it was in 16. I’ve talked to those who didn’t trust Trump as a New Yorker and figured he’d go squishy, perhaps some of them have decided to vote. New registrations are up in SC.

From a few conversations I gather some of my black neighbors have figured out what I heard a New Mexico rancher say best: “If there were Mexican lawyers jumping the border to do wills for $50 cash, we’d have two fences and a kill zone in between.”

92 | November 6, 2018 10:54 pm

Well, at least Cordray lost the Gov in Ohio. DeWine is an asshole but Cordray is Satan.

93 | November 6, 2018 10:57 pm

Gillum has conceded

94 | November 6, 2018 10:59 pm

Stabenow had won over John James. REally too bad, he would have been wonderful

92. yenta-fada
      95 | November 6, 2018 11:03 pm

Stabenow had won over John James. REally too bad, he would have been wonderful

Agreed!!

96 | November 6, 2018 11:05 pm

That guy isnt done yet. He has serious potential. We’ll be seeing him later

94. yenta-fada
      97 | November 6, 2018 11:06 pm

Gillum has conceded

I can’t listen to the man. Obammy wannabe. Too close to winning for my liking. He’s dripping with faux sincerity.

98 | November 6, 2018 11:07 pm

well, McCaskill is gone, thank god. By a big margin too.

96. yenta-fada
      99 | November 6, 2018 11:08 pm

Wow! McCaskill lost. That’s a bit of a lift.

97. yenta-fada
      100 | November 6, 2018 11:13 pm

Project Veritas has vids of illegals voting in Texas.

98. yenta-fada
      101 | November 6, 2018 11:14 pm

Riddle me this. Why does Juan Williams have a job?

102 | November 6, 2018 11:15 pm

@ yenta-fada:
      in my world, anyone found guilty election tampering:

hanged by the neck until dead in the public square,

the body remains in the noose until it is picked clean by the wildlife

the bones fall from the noose and are left there to be bleached white by the sun.

103 | November 6, 2018 11:16 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Riddle me this. Why does Juan Williams have a job?

fair and balanced?

101. yenta-fada
      104 | November 6, 2018 11:18 pm

@ yenta-fada:
      in my world, anyone found guilty election tampering:

hanged by the neck until dead in the public square,

the body remains in the noose until it is picked clean by the wildlife

So, you’re ambivalent…

105 | November 6, 2018 11:20 pm

That guy isnt done yet. He has serious potential. We’ll be seeing him later

I hope so.

Has the Nelson/Scott race been called? I’m getting sleepy

103. yenta-fada
      106 | November 6, 2018 11:24 pm

Slim margin for Scott with 100% of the vote. So, not official.

107 | November 6, 2018 11:25 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Riddle me this. Why does Juan Williams have a job?

Well, at first he was just a mercy fuck after NPR fired his ass because he said he’d be afraid of Muslims at an airport. He got a multi-million 3 yr contract w/Fox.

That was about 5 yrs ago. They can’t take the cultural hit if they replace him. And who would they replace him with? A double-amputee transgender Navajo? Lemme check Craigslist.

108 | November 6, 2018 11:26 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

So, you’re ambivalent…

to a degree. i wont insist on free-range, grass fed, organic, fair trade, gluten free rope.

106. 4_Sticks
      109 | November 6, 2018 11:27 pm

Josey Wales: “Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.”

110 | November 6, 2018 11:30 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

Josey Wales: “Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.”

yezzir!

108. yenta-fada
      112 | November 6, 2018 11:53 pm

Scott just gave his acceptance speech.

113 | November 7, 2018 12:03 am

4_Sticks wrote:

Well, Dems are going to have a harder time recruiting candidates, aren’t they?

Ok, Abrams lost in Georgia so I can go to bed. I’ll survey the carnage in the morning. nite.

110. 114 | November 7, 2018 12:27 am

Things could have gone a lot better, but they could have been far worse.

115 | November 7, 2018 1:11 am

Freaking Conor Lamb.

Thanks Wolf and SCPA for getting rid of my solidly red Rep. Keith Rothfus.

“Reprogressivation.” (It’s only fair…)

112. 116 | November 7, 2018 2:29 am

I voted for Feinswine for the first and last time. She’s 85 and will croak soon. The alternative was 51 year-old De Lyin.’

113. Canoe Convoy
      117 | November 7, 2018 6:28 am

Walker in Wisconsin lost to WI State Superintendent of Schools Tony Evers. The election was Walker’s to lose, and he lost. This was a vote against Trump ( I think ), not necessarily a rejection of Walker.

Side note: Walker has always reminded me of the over confident athlete that a lot of us knew back in school, swaggering throughout the school. You know the one, the one that all the other boys claim is “slick” — because of the exaggerated projection of confidence. Voters got tired of the act.

114. Canoe Convoy
      118 | November 7, 2018 6:43 am

I got to the polling place, about 20 minutes before it closed. I saved the sticker that said “I voted,” and went to the bar to get my one free beer.

119 | November 7, 2018 7:32 am

Freaking Conor Lamb.

Thanks Wolf and SCPA for getting rid of my solidly red Rep. Keith Rothfus.

“Reprogressivation.” (It’s only fair…)

Lamb is a stealth lefty…run as a sane moderate D, vote like Pelosi

120 | November 7, 2018 8:09 am

121 | November 7, 2018 8:10 am

Canoe Convoy wrote:

i want a free beer!

122 | November 7, 2018 8:10 am

looks like I was spot on with my predictions

gridlock is GOOD! M’Kay

gonna be fun watching mad maxine spew for the next two years