• Rah Rah Blah……

by The Barbarian ( 97 Comments › )
    Filed under Uncategorized at February 3rd, 2019 - 8:00 am

There’s a rule at my house. If the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, we don’t have a Par-Tay. This year will of course be an exception, because as a die-hard Saints fan, I want to watch Brady and crew wipe that self-satisfied smile off Jared Goff’s face. And for me to say that about an ex-Cal quarterback is indicative of how much of a grudge I’m still holding about that non-call two weeks ago. But enough about that. There’s nothing to be done at this stage, but I will be attired in my Brees jersey to remind the officials who can’t view it that I know who SHOULD be the starting quarterback for the NFC…..(yeah, Bitter, party of one….)

However, I can’t help but make a few observations before the Big Game:

1.   Super Bowl LIII. Okay, no offense, but I think it’s time the NFL quit using the Roman Numerals. Super Bowl 50 used the Arabics (which I remember with distinct clarity because I had a ringside seat to that extravaganza in San Francisco), and then reverted to Romans the year after. Come ON, “LIII” looks silly. And really, this is the only sport that does it. On the first Saturday in May, it’s not going to be the CXLVth running of the Kentucky Derby or the LXIst running of the Daytona 500 in February. Ditch the pretense, NFL. It’s Super Bowl 53. [And that goes for the effing iPhone too. It’s the iPhone 10].

2.   Does any sporting event need a pre-game warm up show that is twice as long as the actual broadcast sporting event?  And do we really need a personal segment on every single player that will be walking on the field?  Outside of their immediate family no.one.cares.   Of course, there will be the obligatory interview with the President of the United States because nothing says “major sporting event” like a politically charged interview.   I did notice that they’ve started to do the same thing with the Triple Crown on NBC.  Four hours leadup to two minutes of racing.  “You know, Tom, entry ‘Can’t Run for Crap’ may be the long shot on this race, but he’s had to endure a life of hardship.  As a young colt, he ran with the wrong crowd until a wise old stallion straightened him out…”   And I imagine that since the game is on CBS, it won’t be the softball interview they did with Obama when he sat down with him.  Drink every time you hear the words “shut down” and “border wall.”  Have an ambulance on standby for possible alcohol poisoning.

3.   The half-time show.  I am so over the half-time show.  After Queen Bey and her “homage” to BLM and the whole “anti-cop” movement (this, of course, after being given a CHP escort with lights and sirens to get her to stadium) and that trifecta from hell of her, Bruno Mars and Cold Play, I vowed to take that opportunity to catch up on my ironing.  Actually I pretty much have done that since that ridiculous wardrobe malfunction of years past.  Well, this year it consists of Maroon 5, Travis Scott and Big Boi.  I’ve HEARD of Maroon 5, don’t know any of their work (or care to) but the other two are apparently rap music artists.  That’s right NFL.  You apparently think the entire viewing audience is comprised of Milennials and Urban Youth.  When you think that in the past, they were able to get Michael Jackson, U2, Paul McCartney (sans Wings), the Rolling Stones and the Who, you have to wonder why the second-rate act booking.  The story I hear is that they’re all still mad at the NFL for not hiring that outstanding quarterback Colin Krapperdick and the Anthem controversy.  You’re not being asked to sing the Anthem, asshats.  By the way, speaking of the Anthem, I am asking for an Act of Congress forbidding Jimmy Buffett from ever singing the Anthem in the SuperDome ever again.  I mean REALLY New Orleans?  The Neville Brothers weren’t available??  I think it’s time to go back to the old half-time shows.  Let’s get those fantastic marching bands from the colleges and watch them with a nice vocal number by someone with a set of pipes.  If you’re stuck grab any contestant from the Masked Singer.

4.   For the guys in the booth, you are NOT on radio.  Believe it or not, the people you are communicating with are able to actually view the action on the field, so please stop telling me what the quarterback is thinking, or what the coach is thinking, or what the cornerback is thinking.  Unless you’re Miss Cleo, you haven’t the foggiest idea what ANYONE on that field is thinking.  For all you know, Gronkowski could be worried that he left the stove on.  However, since Tony Romo has proven himself to be a MOST excellent color man, I am hopeful he’s paired with Jim Nantz, as I think the two of them are the new Madden and Summerall.

5.  The commercials.  Is it just me, or have Super Bowl commercials been a little lacking as of late?  Dear Budweiser:  I don’t want fabulous stories of immigrants.  I want ponies.  I want the Clydes playing football.  I want Mom and Dad Clyde pushing the coach so that baby Clyde thinks he’s all that and a bag of chips.  Bring back the E Trade Baby.  I remember when there was a time when you recorded the game just to watch the commercials later if you missed them).  Now you DVR it so that you can catch the damn missed calls by the referees….(I gotta get over this).

And for a little family note….here is my little Noodles and her Daddy, decked out in their finery for the game:

And if you’re not watching, this is, of course, your open thread for Sunday, so feel free to comment and go off topic right away.  After all, it’s going up at 8:00 a.m., when the pre-game show is starting….

Comments

97 Responses to “Rah Rah Blah……”

1 | February 3, 2019 9:05 am

Good morning. Super Bowl , Americas Tribal ritual, a time for the nation to come together for a once a year fun day.
      But no, The NFL and sports journalists have become Social Justice Warriors guilting the fans.
      The police are terrible people, but they want those same terrible people to secure their safety.
      Barbarian, Maroon 5 is
      Millennial group doing mediocre music. Front man is Adam Levine.
      They are taking incoming for agreeing to be the half-time show because it is treason to Colin Kapernick or something.
      Levine is vowing to make his SJW statement through the music. How about Just no?
      He is an annoying pretty boy who I believe spends half of his day inf front of a mirror.
      Good God y’all I want to muss that nosebleeds hair.
      The Rams coach will not commit to going to the White House. Go Pats!

2 | February 3, 2019 10:43 am

Perfectly stated, barbarian
      Thx!

3 | February 3, 2019 10:45 am

Maroon5 is that shitty music you hear during stupid corporate power point presentation, them and that hideous corporate garbage from imagine dragons.

4 | February 3, 2019 10:53 am

From your mouth to Gods ears. Both groups are heinous.

5 | February 3, 2019 10:58 am

today in history, frank serpico was shot

his words are prophetic.

Through my appearance here today … I hope that police officers in the future will not experience … the same frustration and anxiety that I was subjected to … for the past five years at the hands of my superiors … because of my attempt to report corruption. I was made to feel that I had burdened them with an unwanted task. The problem is that the atmosphere does not yet exist, in which an honest police officer can act … without fear of ridicule or reprisal from fellow officers. Police corruption cannot exist unless it is at least tolerated … at higher levels in the department. Therefore, the most important result that can come from these hearings … is a conviction by police officers that the department will change. In order to ensure this … an independent, permanent investigative body … dealing with police corruption, like this commission, is essential …

— The New York Times, December 15, 1971.[10]

—FBI/Deepstate….

6 | February 3, 2019 10:58 am

b>@ RIX:

garbage

7 | February 3, 2019 11:01 am

and, the music died today in 1959

8 | February 3, 2019 11:41 am

Wait! I don’t see Noodle and Daddy??!!

and, the music died today in 1959

I was 7. I’m supposed to remember that? Buddy Holly? Richie Valens? I dunno. I know it wasn’t Rickie Nelson, I remember that.

9 | February 3, 2019 12:02 pm

GAH! PUKE!

Maroon 5 frontman hints Superbowl show will be hip-hop kneeling fest. Fox News offers alternative for halftime.

alternative. Puppies if we’re lucky

10 | February 3, 2019 12:32 pm

Clydesdale babies. yer welcome

11. darkwords
      11 | February 3, 2019 12:42 pm

When your entertainment starts virtue signaling and condescending to its audience then its time to change channels. They have lost their creativity due to a fentanyl overload by the writers and producers.

I call it the “Happy Day Syndrome”. Once the Fonz took on global warming then Richie was no longer entertaining.

12 | February 3, 2019 12:45 pm

and, the music died today in 1959

Interesting take byDon McLean.

13 | February 3, 2019 3:23 pm

AAAGH. Is there one more level of divorce a person can do? I will be so glad when the kids are 18 and I don’t have to deal with her crap anymore.

14 | February 3, 2019 3:28 pm

yeah, but it’s not legal

15 | February 3, 2019 3:39 pm

yeah, but it’s not legal

Yeah, always remember the golden rule. Lawyer is cheaper than hitman.

16 | February 3, 2019 4:02 pm

how’s your allergic reaction thing doing?

17 | February 3, 2019 4:04 pm

how’s your allergic reaction thing doing?

The main allergic reaction only lasted about an hour. The mumps like lump is down to about the size of a nickel. Strangest damn thing. Only thing I did different that day was get a haircut and straight razor shave.

18 | February 3, 2019 4:18 pm

how’s your allergic reaction thing doing?

Allergic reaction to ‘Olde Spice’ !

HEH

19 | February 3, 2019 4:19 pm

Did you see this?

Here is Mark Durie on Bolt the other night. Great stuff and definitely worth a watch

How Durie hasn’t had his head removed from his shoulders is anybody’s guess. The guy has GUTS to say it like it is !

21 | February 3, 2019 4:40 pm

how’s your allergic reaction thing doing?

Allergic reaction to ‘Olde Spice’ !

HEH

Heh. Not sure what it was but don’t want to go through it anytime soon.

22 | February 3, 2019 4:48 pm

Feel free to add to the list

Damn it. I had a book a few years back that was like that list but more in depth. Don’t remember what it was or who wrote it though. Maybe Malkin?

23 | February 3, 2019 4:57 pm

Great stuff and definitely worth a watch

gee, the dialect is wrong, the city scape is wrong and the parchment doesn’t mention his name.

that was fascinating. I was going to put his book on my wishlist. $114 for kindle, $109 hardcover

nevermind

24 | February 3, 2019 5:01 pm

Feel free to add to the list

Aldrich Ames. I’m sure I’ll think of more.

25 | February 3, 2019 6:08 pm

hey y’all

26 | February 3, 2019 6:14 pm

seems like there was something going on today but damn if I can remember what it was

27 | February 3, 2019 6:15 pm

oh well, I’m sure if it was important I remember it

28 | February 3, 2019 6:16 pm

Well, she died in 1966, so I guess she makes the cut – maybe not.

Margaret Sanger

29 | February 3, 2019 6:19 pm

hi ya! We’re having a contest, name your villan

30 | February 3, 2019 6:41 pm

geez , so many to chose from

31 | February 3, 2019 6:42 pm

and that article nabbed all the easy ones

32 | February 3, 2019 6:44 pm

Should go without saying.

Saul Alinsky.

33 | February 3, 2019 7:02 pm

awesome

“Ralph Northam Joke Book”

Who was Governor Northam’s favorite actor?

John Wilkes Booth

What does Northam call a maternity ward?

A morgue

What’s Northam’s favorite movie?

Partial Birth of a Nation

What’s his second favorite movie?

13 Years a Slave

What’s his favorite Clint Eastwood movie?

Hang ‘Em High

What was Northam’s least favorite movie?

Gettysburg

What kind of maternity card does Northam send new mothers?

A sympathy card

What’s the Governor’s personal motto?

“If at first you don’t Secede, try try again”

What’s the average life expectancy in Northam’s state?

Nine months

What’s Northam’s favorite Virginia auto dealer?

Coon’s ford

Who will Northam pick to head Virginia’s infant services?

Dr. Jack Kevorkian

What’s the Governor’s least favorite car?

a Lincoln continental

What’s Northam’s favorite part of any city?

the Hood

How does Northam describe his welfare system, and a maternity ward?

“From cradle to grave”

What’s the Governor’s preferred method of public transportation?

The Underground Railroad

Who was Northam’s favorite President?

Jefferson Davis

What are Northam’s favorite books?

the Clan of the cave bear

Confederacy of Dunces

What is Gov. Northam’s favorite bird?

Jim Crow

Who are Northam’s favorite aristocrats?

The Dukes of Hazzard, and David Duke

Who are Northam’s least favorite aristocrats?

Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Prince

What was Northam voted as in his college yearbook?

Most likely to Secede

Who is Northam’s favorite general, and his usual response to an accusation?

Stonewall

What are Northam’s chances of remaining Governor?

Gone with the Wind

How does Ralph Northam describe the sides of an isosceles triangle?

Separate But Equal

34 | February 3, 2019 7:07 pm

Should go without saying.

Saul Alinsky.

he kind of got him w/Bill Ayers

35 | February 3, 2019 7:34 pm

Coulter had a book, “Do as I Say” where she had a list of hypocritical leftists and what they said vs. how they live. Maybe that was it?

36 | February 3, 2019 8:18 pm

I don’t think so. The one I’m thinking of was basically a list. Something like The Idiots Destroying America. But, it wasn’t that since it doesn’t show on a search. It’s also not Pinheads and Patriots.

37 | February 3, 2019 8:24 pm

Found it.

100 People Who Are Screwing Up America
      Bernard Goldberg

39 | February 3, 2019 8:26 pm

Oh no! Bob Friend has died. He was a pitcher for my Pirates. Good guy.

41 | February 3, 2019 9:31 pm

the crowd is chanting Brady brady brady

41. yenta-fada
      42 | February 3, 2019 9:38 pm

Hey, y’all/yinzes. Trump border build up continues.

42. yenta-fada
      43 | February 3, 2019 9:41 pm

Breaking. Northam headless chicken report.

44 | February 3, 2019 9:49 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Breaking. Northam headless chicken report.

The irony is actually sickening. Having to resign over a non-PC action way back in college but would have remained in office despite appearing to promote infanticide.

45 | February 3, 2019 10:06 pm

at last, the national nightmare has ended

46 | February 3, 2019 10:47 pm

at last, the national nightmare has ended

yeah, the Rams won’t have to worry about snubbing Trump’s invite to the WH

47 | February 3, 2019 11:42 pm

Just read an article saying no one was seen kneeling tonight nor do they know if any stayed in the locker room. But, according to the article “THEY SHOULD HAVE”. They then had dozens of tweets from “fans” showing how much fan support there is for Crappernick. By the by, the “fans” were also saying how much they hate football, BUT, they support protesting.

Lol, Go Woke, Go Broke.

48 | February 3, 2019 11:43 pm

Also, the article was talking about how important this kind of “protest” is, but none of the “fans” that tweeted even agreed about what they were protesting for. I swear this crap has become parody.

49 | February 4, 2019 12:55 am

The NFL started losing me when the Pat’s got caught cheating and nothing happened. During that time a person I know who may or may not deal in point spreads told me the Pat’s managed to beat the spread at home for 6 or so years in a row…which is a statistical impossibility…

Then the state of play went to hell… then the Krapperdick stuff.

Im done for good.

50 | February 4, 2019 12:59 am

Then the state of play went to hell… then the Krapperdick stuff.

Im done for good.

I was never there to begin with so I’m good. I really have had no interest in it. Though arena ball and XFL were kind of fun. I like that they move quicker. Hopefully the XFL reboot next year is successful. McMahon already said that no kneeling is allowed in his league.

51 | February 4, 2019 1:05 am

I’m from western PA. It’s genetic. Is played out every weekend in the fall. It’s damn near religion.

The lights dp on Friday night for HS ball, Saturday for the colleges…I just can’t bear to watch the NFL anymore.

52 | February 4, 2019 1:06 am

Oliva Hellion cigar and an Arrogant Bastard on the deck. Home again.

Life is good

53 | February 4, 2019 1:08 am

Daytona 500 next weekend…Barbarian…

And I’ll do a 6 nations rugby thread on Saturday.

54 | February 4, 2019 1:09 am

Oliva Hellion cigar and an Arrogant Bastard on the deck. Home again.

Life is good

Schizo Maduro 7×70 and ice water.

55 | February 4, 2019 1:10 am

In a couple days I’m going to spoil myself with a lovely Asylum 11/80.

56 | February 4, 2019 1:14 am

Asylum makes a nice cigar.

Never had Schizo.

57 | February 4, 2019 1:24 am

Night, yinz

58 | February 4, 2019 7:06 am

Good morning the day after. If there were any crimes committed in the end zones last night there are very few suspects.
      Best tweet on FNC “The half time show was marred by a functioning sound system”
      Still now the Rams don’t have to make a decision to go to the White House, or not.

58. yenta-fada
      59 | February 4, 2019 7:25 am

It’s interesting that the Rams and other ‘special’ people make decisions where they erode their own freedom of choice. They are so entrenched in an ideology that they restrict themselves and become their own oppressors. They feel they are ’empowered’ by building their own iron curtain of behavior.

They need a Jordan Peterson lecture on the roots and development of totalitarian systems. They chose Chairman Mao instead of Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, et al.

Interest in Sports as entertainment is high during good times. You cannot tell the business cycle that you have an issue and don’t believe in cycles. Economic cycles don’t care about your skin color.

59. yenta-fada
      60 | February 4, 2019 7:33 am

Real life jetpacks are coming to the military. You can fly up to 200 mph with one strapped on your back. It’s The Jetsons. 🙂

We should set up a GoFundMe site for cold warrior when they become commercially available. lol

60. yenta-fada
      61 | February 4, 2019 7:42 am

Towering public intellectual, Michael Moore, wants AOC to be First Bimbo:

During an interview on MSDNC MSNBC, documentary filmmaker and noted Trump-hater Michael Moore suggested amending the Constitution so New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez could run for president before the age of 35.

He also made it clear that AOC is now the leader of the Democrat Party.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has to wait 6 years to run for president, but Michael Moore wants to amend the Constitution so she can run next year.

62 | February 4, 2019 7:50 am

@ yenta-fada:
      🙂 I forsee much trauma when they become commercially available

63 | February 4, 2019 8:14 am

@ yenta-fada:
      Hi Yenta, The corporate sds last night got a little tiresome with all of the Social Justice lectureing.
      They and their ad agencies bend with every new fad.

64 | February 4, 2019 8:20 am

@ Teitchy
      Gov Northam’s Med School roommate just had a memory attack.
      Northampton didn’t go to that party dressed in black face or white hood.
      No, he went as a lawyer! Well, that clears it up.

65 | February 4, 2019 9:27 am

A source has told WaPo that a med school (college?) classmate of Northam’s sent the yearbook photo to bigleague politics because of Northam’s comments on infanticide.

Which makes sense, I guess. But why bigleague politics? It’s not an obvious choice, like Breitbart for instance.

65. yenta-fada
      66 | February 4, 2019 9:55 am

@ yenta-fada:
      They and their ad agencies bend with every new fad.

Hi, RIX. Such a degraded thinking process. In upside down world it is hard to determine cause and effect. It’s a propaganda loop of virtue signaling without the virtue.

67 | February 4, 2019 9:55 am

55f and sunny…I’m not sure what to do… what is that bright warm object in the sky?

Im scared.

67. yenta-fada
      68 | February 4, 2019 10:18 am

It is difficult to establish legitimacy of alternative media sites without a strong leadership figure. Tom Fitton, Dan Bongino, and Legal Insurrection have control over their information gathering & reporting. The forces of google, twitter, MSM, etc. shut down authentic platforms. Citizen journalism has triumphs and perils. People are still soaked in misinformation. We knew Christine Blah blah at the Kavanaugh hearings made us all uncomfortable because it made a mockery of the legal system, but we couldn’t prove it because we had no access to evidence. We did know she was lying because there were obvious inconsistencies in her stories. Nobody could stand up and ask why this flake relying on 30 year old memories should be a reasonable challenger to Justice Kavanaugh.

68. yenta-fada
      69 | February 4, 2019 10:22 am

Im scared.

During solar minimum era, said object extremely unlikely to go NOVA. Fear not.

70 | February 4, 2019 11:41 am

What is he bitching about? The punk has probably made more from Nike ads than he would have from football

Kaepernick Lawyer Blames Controversy Surrounding Client’s Kneeling Protest On “Russian Disinformation Effort”…

I’m surprised he didn’t try to blame it on Trump

70. yenta-fada
      72 | February 4, 2019 11:53 am

BDS movement tied directly to 100+ terrorist links internationally.
      This BDS needs to be exposed as the modern Nazi network it is. They are funded by NGOs and private charities and foundations.

71. yenta-fada
      73 | February 4, 2019 11:57 am

I’m surprised he didn’t try to blame it on Trump

Russian disinformation and Trump. Not even one degree of separation.
      That’s how The Big Lie works. Constantly repeated.

74 | February 4, 2019 1:13 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

@ yenta-fada:
      They and their ad agencies bend with every new fad.

What you sald.

75 | February 4, 2019 1:38 pm

@ Gateway Pundit
      Don Lemon tries to shame Gladys Knight for singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.
      He pays a video piece fro that major nose bleed Mark Gerigous where he says that it is crossing an intellectual picket line because of Kapernick.

76 | February 4, 2019 3:08 pm

@ yenta-fada:
      66f….the ball of light in the sky grows angier.

Perhaps a sacrifice is needed.

77 | February 4, 2019 6:21 pm

I WIN!!!!!

Federal Tax Refund deposited into my bank account 01/30/2018 🙂

76. yenta-fada
      78 | February 4, 2019 6:28 pm

@ yenta-fada:
      66f….the ball of light in the sky grows angier.

Perhaps a sacrifice is needed.

Vegetable, animal, or mineral?

79 | February 4, 2019 6:30 pm

Feel free to add to the list

Aldrich Ames. I’m sure I’ll think of more.

BINGO.

A large number of dead US agents would agree with you.

The program was ‘The Bolt report

Bolt himself has been assaulted by members of the ‘Religion of Pieces’ in a Melbourne Street. Alas for the one’s doing the assaulting Bolt was quite a good Rugby and Aussie Rules man and gave as good as he got!

He doesn’t put up with religious bigotry and is a dyed in the wool atheist who doesn’t mind interviewing persons of faith as long as they don’t attempt to punch him. Durie is an academic, author and man of languages as well as an honest Anglican. He speaks both Greek and Latin as well as Arabic and so reads texts in their original languages. The head hackers are NOT impressed however anyone who wants to understand the ‘problem’ in 2019 should read his book.

78. yenta-fada
      80 | February 4, 2019 6:31 pm

Congratulations.

81 | February 4, 2019 6:32 pm

Well, she died in 1966, so I guess she makes the cut – maybe not.

Margaret Sanger

You mean Hillary’s poster girl!

Sure !

82 | February 4, 2019 7:08 pm

Interesting.

It comes down to defining what the word ‘Securing’ actually means.

A’ lock ‘secures a door temporarily to a determined thief or permanently to the amateur, but an intruder alarm does not. It only lets someone, if there is anyone listening and is able to react, know that a border has been crossed. There still has to be a reaction from a human being, to arrest the malefactor. I guess an automated machine gun firing across interlocking arcs of fire might have the same effect, but that is a little extreme. That actually happened at the East German border during the Cold War.

Even a wall is just an obstacle and needs to be monitored, and reacted to by someone. The difference between a fibre optic cable is that a wall is a physical barrier that delineate, as well as discourages and slows down the average border crosser. Barriers NEVER stop everyone but they do slow access and allow reaction from defenders. Such has been the problem with security for the past 5000 years.

83 | February 4, 2019 7:09 pm

@ yenta-fada:
      66f….the ball of light in the sky grows angier.

Perhaps a sacrifice is needed.

Perhaps offer a RAM !

The woolly ones or the helmeted ones.

Your choice!

84 | February 4, 2019 7:57 pm

I think border security should be a mix of things, not just a wall, not just manpower on the ground.

What I would propose is a “physical barrier” that detects when a person or persons unknown had breached it. Obviously the more difficult to breach the more expensive it will be. And as you said no barrier/wall is impossible to get past.

But the key is to detecting when the border has been crossed. Then cameras ( yes I know they are not cheap) and other sensors detect where the breach occurred and we send in the drones!

A drone station every 1,2,3,4 whatever miles along the border could then automatically launch and find and track the intruders. Using on board IR cameras, not necessarily reporting images back to base in real time just a data stream of position once a minute or so to conserve power.

Now you have a scenario where intruders on foot are accurately located and tracked and human assets can be dispatched.

Unfortunately the whole scenario breakes down because when Border Patrol catches the intruders the intruders are then given food, medical care and a court date and released. So why even bother trying to secure the border.

Footnote, as to drones, the commercial ones are not toys. None of that 10 minutes then batteries are dead. They have up to 5 hour endurance. Enough I think to follow humans who are on foot until border patrol gets there.

85 | February 4, 2019 8:38 pm

Trump nails it every time. Some Congresscritters are having illegal aliens as their ‘guests’ to SOTUS, I think Fauxcohauntus is have somebody who was furloughed, blah blah blah.

Melania will be sitting with 2 people as guests of POTUS and FLOTUS:

Pittsburgh Police Dept Officer Timothy Matson, who was wounded in the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting; and Judah Samet, a Tree Of Life shooting survivor (also Holocaust survivor).

Yinzers.

87 | February 4, 2019 8:41 pm

Obstacles by their very nature are just devices that slow egress and allow for reaction. They also are there to make the malefactors vulnerable to armed interdiction and pushback.

As far as the cost of cameras is concerned, they are now as ‘cheap as chips’ and even the manpower used to monitor cameras has been automated. The Israelis have had systems that can monitor up to 200 cameras for activity by using fuzzy logic to ‘notice’ differences in images and then report those triggers to a human watch officer for verification.

Drones now can remain ‘on station at medium altitudes for up to 40 hours! They cost but are VERY reliable. A mix of low level drones with endurance of 5 hours can get down in the weeds whilst mid altitude drones find targets for them. Overview from upper atmosphere strategic drones that cover thousands of square miles with LEO satellite constellations make up the whole package.LOEs these days can cost as little as $5million to launch up to 13 nano-sats.

88 | February 4, 2019 8:44 pm

CNN has said that they just ‘happened’ to be at Roger Stone’s house for the raid because ‘gut instinct’.

Except Stone’s lawyer found out about it from a CNN reporter who had a draft copy of the indictment – which she had to have got from Mueller’s office because of the headers or lack thereof.

Stone’s lawyer wants Congress to look into it. I sympathize but I would not advise breath being held.

89 | February 4, 2019 8:46 pm

Here is the list of the people who will be WH guests at SOTUS

90 | February 4, 2019 8:59 pm

dis could be fun

“We want to teach people a lesson.”

heh

91 | February 4, 2019 9:05 pm

I like Jim Hoft, but ‘scoop’? Stone’s lawyer told everybody and he took it to Congress.

92 | February 4, 2019 9:10 pm

Facepalm

This is what Justin Fairfax, our Lt. Gov was up to during the time an unnamed woman said he sexually assaulted her

Fairfax said the woman wanted him to meet her mother, but he acknowledged he did not have any documentary evidence to back up his claim that they stayed in touch after the ‘04 sexual encounter at the DNC

He was working as the body man at the time to John Edwards, then the VP nom

great character reference there.

93 | February 5, 2019 6:29 am

94 | February 5, 2019 6:34 am

The loss of revenue from New York’s wealthiest puts New York in a bind because the state relies on a progressive income tax system that taxes the rich at a higher rate.

One percent of the state’s top income earners provide 46 percent of the state’s personal income tax revenues, officials said.

Cuomo said Albany can’t go to the well and tax the wealthy again because that would only worsen the situation, citing “anecdotal” evidence that high-income New Yorkers are already fleeing the state to lower-tax jurisdictions.

He offered no figures to back up the claim.

how about 2.3 billion chuckles

96 | February 5, 2019 8:11 am

new thread!

97 | February 5, 2019 8:11 am

amazing how that works, huh?