• A Minor Threat

Filed under Open thread at February 7th, 2019 - 10:32 pm

yeah…i wanted to hear some punk rock..

yeah….my peeps died in the mills and mines, Molly Maguuires,

its open. my ancestors were treated worse than the slaves.

Comments

58 Responses to “A Minor Threat”

1 | February 7, 2019 10:35 pm

But I don’t know who
      You blame me for slavery
      A hundred years before I was born

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
      I’m a convict (Guilty!)
      Of a racist crime (Guilty!)
      I’ve only served (Guilty!)
      Nineteen years of my time

[Verse 1]
      I’m sorry
      For something that I didn’t do
      Lynched somebody
      But I don’t know who
      You blame me for slavery
      A hundred years before I was born

[Chorus]

2 | February 7, 2019 10:36 pm

now, as for the mollies.

i’ll keep my dynamite to myself.

3 | February 7, 2019 10:50 pm

ok, yinz need this song. i purposely never released this,

get yins mind ready. stomp yinz peeps…great hardcore

this could be deployed…

i loves me some fear

4. 4 | February 8, 2019 2:23 am

Everyone is related to a famous person. I remember in grades school some kids would announce
      “I’m related to George Washington!”
      “I’m related to Abraham Lincoln!”
      “I’m related to Julius Caesar!”

None of those claims, factual or otherwise, make a bit of difference. The same goes for those who claim that their ancestors suffered brutality.

“My great-great grandfather was a slave.”

So what. Nobody on the planet can claim that none of their ancestors were slaves, and nobody can claim that none of their ancestors owned them.

Accolades for lineage is undeserved vanity at best. At worst it is a false claim for victimhood.

My key couldn’t unlock the ignition so I called AAA for a tow home – 40 miles in 3 hours, and I’m related to Irish serfs, Scot Protestants and a 15th Century Italian Princess who got raped by monk. I deserve better.

5. 5 | February 8, 2019 2:34 am

Awesome happens about 1:00 in.

6 | February 8, 2019 3:50 am

I am probably related to Bunk. I am an asshole.

7 | February 8, 2019 7:50 am

My DNA test showed about 13% ‘Scandanavian’. Nothing in family history/lore/bibles ever said anything about Scandanavia on either side. A good bit of Irish showed up too, which certainly is accounted for in all the family records. Then I realized – . The Vikings invaded Ireland in the 8th century and pretty much used the place as a slave breeding ground for about 300 years.

So my ancestors did own slaves and were slaves themselves.

What do I win?

Yeah, thought so

8 | February 8, 2019 9:42 am

When is the right gonna fight back?

I’m so sick of these racist claims.

9 | February 8, 2019 9:46 am

@ Bunk X:
      Yep. Everyone came up from tough situations.

They treated the slaves better than the miners …and steel workers.

Could Blazing Saddles be made today?

10 | February 8, 2019 9:47 am

Ditto

11 | February 8, 2019 9:53 am

I had to sit through 2 hours of cultural sensitivity training…

Bullshit. My patients are carbon based life forms and all bleed red.

We are all the same.

12. 12 | February 8, 2019 10:45 am

Richard Burr – Senate Intelligence Committee – has announced the bipartisan committee has found NO evidence of any collusion with Russia by Trump vis-a-vis the 2016 election.

Meanwhile, Adam Schiff has some serious problems of his own. His meetings with Fusion GPS have calls going out for his recusing himself from any Trump investigation – after all, he made Devin Nunes recuse HIMSELF for less.

13 | February 8, 2019 10:58 am

Something doesn’t make sense here. AOC just said the Green Deal can be paid for by printing more money.

Her wiki entry says she graduated cum laude from BU w/a minor in econ.

No she didn’t. Nobody with the slightest knowledge of econ suggests paying for the Green Deal by printing money.

Transcripts, please.

14 | February 8, 2019 10:59 am

The Barbarian wrote:

he won’t. He’ll pull a Northam and ignore everybody

15. 15 | February 8, 2019 11:38 am

Oh and today Jerry No-Nads-ler questioning Whittaker – the latter tells him “I believe your five minutes are up. I agreed to five-minute rounds.”

I would love to know under what authority, by the way, Adam Schiff thinks Congress has the right to investigate an American citizen’s business dealings. Business has its own regulators – the IRS, SEC, NLRB, and the like. Congress has oversight of these entities. There has been no specific allegation against the Trump organization. If there are tax irregularities, they fall under the IRS, as would anything having to do with his Foundation, under 501(c)(3). Schiff doesn’t get to pull all his corporate paperwork without a specific allegation, and I hope the Trump Organization fights him all the way to SCOTUS on this.

Jack Dorsey was at least hauled before the GOP House because of SPECIFIC allegations that he was not treating all users of the Twitter platform equally – that conservative voices and Trump supporting accounts were being suspended unfairly, being shadow banned, which liberal accounts committing equivalent abuses were not. Dorsey, by the way, flat out LIED to Congress about it, but it didn’t seem to matter.

16. 16 | February 8, 2019 11:47 am

Wait a minute…a MINOR in econ? I thought her degree WAS in econ.

And I guess someone did some dumpster diving on her. It was posted on Twitter yesterday that I guess someone pulled her credit report and showed she had a 430 credit score and two evictions on her record. Hmmmm….don’t know if it’s true or not.

My Sunday post is about her, so I hope we can all have some fun with it.

17 | February 8, 2019 12:00 pm

Kellyanne Conway was assaulted in a restaurant last October. Her daughter filmed it and the woman – 63 yrs old, old enough to know better – shows up in court next week

18 | February 8, 2019 12:09 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

Wait a minute…a MINOR in econ? I thought her degree WAS in econ.

wiki: She graduated cum laude from Boston University’s College of Arts and Sciences in 2011, majoring in international relations and economics

I take that as a major in IR and a minor in econ. I saw the tweet about the 430 credit score and as far as I know, that is confidential info and whoever got it has some ‘splainin to do.

Re: Nadler. Remember when he was morbidly obese? He was a friendly guy. He lost weight and became downright nasty. I don’t know if there’s any connection medically, but it’s not the first time I’ve seen large weight loss associated with a (negative) personality change. Actually, I can think of only one where it doesn’t hold – Al Sharlaton. But he was an SOB to begin with, so…………

As for: There has been no specific allegation against the Trump organization.
      There’s an independent group going after the Trump Hotel in D.C. under the emoluments clause. One judge threw it out, another let it go forward on appeal. And the new NYSD AG bitch has flat out stated she WILL find a crime. She should be impeached just for that.

19. 19 | February 8, 2019 12:28 pm

They’re certainly in love with that emoluments clause, aren’t they? Completely does not apply here, but they do love to grasp at their straws.

I should think that Trump’s taxes have been under scrutiny for decades. He has an army of accountants and lawyers that go over every decimal point. And the foundation? Amazing that she doesn’t want to take a look at the swindle that was the Clinton Foundation.

And yeah, I’m a stinker on the information about AOC, and you’re right, it’s confidential, and someone does have some ‘splainin to do. But considering she’s such an asshole, my guilt isn’t all it should be.

20. 20 | February 8, 2019 12:39 pm

Rasmussen has President Trump at 50% approval today. Can only imagine what it would be if the MSM reported honestly on him and the phony Mueller investigation had never commenced.

I wonder if people who customarily watch the MSM for news because they don’t know any better and who watched the SOTU were surprised by how well the U.S. was doing and were turned off by the antics of the Democrats, and that might account for the jump.

21. 21 | February 8, 2019 3:40 pm

The silliness and petty politics of the Dems on full display:

Barr is set to be confirmed as AG, no? We still hold the Senate.
      So Whittaker is going to be Acting AG for, at most, 10 days? Other than to get themselves on television, what the hell can be the point of dragging him up to the Hill for questioning?

That Mueller Report is probably a lot worse for them than they originally thought.

22 | February 8, 2019 4:29 pm

oh dear. A second woman is accusing Virginia Lt. Gov Justin Fairfax of rape.

23 | February 8, 2019 5:00 pm

Chelsea Clinton made a mistake. She thought she could lie about Candace Owens and ‘nationalism’. Candace don’t play.

Don’t you ever in your miserable life have the audacity to tweet at someone who educating blacks on the nasty, racist, harmful “evil regime” policies inflicted by your soulless mother and father.

There will be a #BLEXIT. And your trash parents will be alive to witness it.”

miserable life? trash parents? yowzer

24 | February 8, 2019 6:06 pm

dang

hey y’all

25 | February 8, 2019 6:14 pm

just wondering, has any of the military been drawn down overseas or did trump
      change his mind on withdrawl from the middle east

26 | February 8, 2019 6:25 pm

Trump didn’t change his mind. The Senate voted to stop it (and the rumors are the idea had Generals resigning, e.g. Mattis)

27 | February 8, 2019 6:33 pm

so trump is gonna beat the snot out of CONGRESS along with dems
      election cycle, begun it has

28 | February 8, 2019 6:39 pm

29 | February 8, 2019 6:40 pm

30 | February 8, 2019 7:10 pm

trump campaign issue eleventybillion

31 | February 8, 2019 7:38 pm

I don’t have a clear grasp of what’s going on over there, so am not qualified to have an opinion.

32 | February 8, 2019 7:45 pm

Wait, I thought that Trump is a right wing , fanatic dictator.
      I thought that those guys love foreign wars. So confusing.

34 | February 8, 2019 8:05 pm

There’s another parody account, Tabitha somebody, who is a total burn. People still can’t figure it out. I’ll have to find it. Someday

34. CynicalConservative
      35 | February 8, 2019 8:16 pm

Titania McGrath
      @TitaniaMcGrath

Hoge has covered a few lately, not sure he’s convinced. SonoronConservative has panned a couple as well.

36 | February 8, 2019 8:18 pm

maybe I missed it but I didn’t see this covered in the evening news

My representatives have just left North Korea after a very productive meeting and an agreed upon time and date for the second Summit with Kim Jong Un. It will take place in Hanoi, Vietnam, on February 27 & 28. I look forward to seeing Chairman Kim & advancing the cause of peace!

37 | February 8, 2019 8:19 pm

@ CynicalConservative:

yes!! Titania! um, I don’t get the reference to Hoge and SonoronConservative

38 | February 8, 2019 8:27 pm

Here’s a good background piece on the Syria strategy and Trump’s orders.

—————–

Put another way, while any number of civilian Pentagon officials speculate that the military has been given leeway in implementing the president’s directive, that is not the understanding among senior Centcom officers. “Nothing has changed since that meeting,” I was told. “We’re out.”

Trump’s decision provides a window into what actually constitutes a direct order from a president and how it is implemented—while also separating fact from noise.
      []
      Which is only to say that, while Trump’s Syria withdrawal decision has been derided by a cross-section of the foreign policy establishment, the announcement was greeted with a collective shrug by most senior military officers. A planner at Centcom headquarters in Tampa was puzzled by the controversy over the Trump announcement, saying that the only response he received was from officers “whose immediate reaction was not whether this was a good or bad decision” but how quickly and effectively it could be implemented.

“It was more like, ‘fine, but you know, how many trucks is it going to take? What do we need to do? When do we start? What do we need to move?’”

While military officers are loathe to express an opinion on any president’s decision, Trump’s plan tends to break down along traditional (and predictable) service lines, with the deepest disagreements between senior Army officers and their Air Force counterparts.

39 | February 8, 2019 8:40 pm

Her wiki entry says she graduated cum laude from BU w/a minor in econ

Well, there’s “cum laude” and there’s “magna cum laude” and then there is “diversity group cum laude”

It is very likely both she and Obama graduated with the latter

40 | February 8, 2019 8:43 pm

my ancestors were treated worse than the slaves.

Indeed they did. Worked with a guy who was descended from Irish stock. They helped build the railroad. They were given the dangerous assignments because the Black Slaves were property and considered too valuable to risk. The Irish [and other] workers were interchangeable and expendable

41 | February 8, 2019 8:44 pm

If that woman took Econ 101, Elizabeth Warren grew up on a reservation. I remember after she was first elected but before she was ‘inaugurated’, she responded to a criticism with a snotty tweet saying she bet the guy didn’t know about some equation – which turned out to not apply to the issue.

41. CynicalConservative
      42 | February 8, 2019 8:45 pm

Other blogs. https://hogewash.com/ https://sonoranconservative.com/

43 | February 8, 2019 8:53 pm

If that woman took Econ 101,

Took it, spent the time flirting with other students and the lecturer, had help passing it, and promptly forgot what was in the coursework. … and on to the next class, lather, rinse, and repeat until graduation with a diversity double checkmark

44 | February 8, 2019 8:58 pm

@ CynicalConservative:

thanks. Kimberlin again. How to waste your life. sheesh

45 | February 8, 2019 9:02 pm

The last sentence pretty well sums it up:

In truth, it’s nearly impossible to ignore the obvious: that those who whinge on about Trump “turning Syria over to Iran” or “betraying the Kurds” are the same people who got us into this mess in the first place.

45. 46 | February 8, 2019 9:05 pm

I’m very torn when it comes to Ocasio-Cortez.

On one hand, I’d like to see the people of New York toss her insane ass out of office immediately.

On the other hand, I’d like to see somebody as a bat crap crazy as she is as the face of the Democratic Party the next 20 or 30 years.

47 | February 8, 2019 9:27 pm

yeah, well, I don’t consider concern about betraying the Kurds ‘whingeing’ so…

I think she can do plenty of damage in one election cycle. Let her go back home and finish ruining NYC (I understand Amazon is reconsidering its move there, so fuck ’em)

48 | February 8, 2019 9:31 pm

DHS Issues Waiver To Expedite San Diego Border Wall Amid 69% YTD Spike In Illegals Arrested

49 | February 8, 2019 9:34 pm

Nancy, Maxine, and Sheila Jackson Lee need replacements. It’s not like their districts are going to vote for anybody sane, so we may as well get entertainment value.

50 | February 8, 2019 10:14 pm

oh man………..

Chelsea Clinton implied Candace Owens is ignorant of the Holocaust.

Evil regimes and the slaughtering of millions was BEST executed by Margaret Sanger, who your RACIST mother idolizes.

When you have an excuse for the 19 million black babies that have been aborted due to her theory of eugenics— tweet at me.

50. 51 | February 8, 2019 11:52 pm

That’s true. The damage she’d do to this country is beyond imagination.

52 | February 8, 2019 11:53 pm

So my ancestors did own slaves and were slaves themselves.

What do I win?

Yeah, thought so

Just found out that I have convicts from BOTH sides of the family. In Oz it’s the REVERSE of the Mayflower syndrome. Aussies look very hard for convicts in their past. Mine were done for stealing half a lamb during a famine(got penal servitude for life in New South Wales. The other got caught stealing bread as a 14 year old, took 6 cuts of the cane to the back and 3 months in a prison ship. When he was 17 he stole a dress to sell for food, got caught as a second offender and got 15 years in Van Demands Land (Tasmania). A REALLY bad place.

It’s a bit like winning the lottery and finding out that a forebear was on the Mayflower to Aussies.

Both got their ticket of Leave and made something of themselves. The Lamb thief did an apprenticeship as a builder, got married loaded bricks onto a bullock waggon and crossed the Great Dividing Range, built a brick over, cut and sawed local timber and claimed (squatted on )60,000 acres of black soil Castlereigh country and grew wheat and had 6 daughters.

The dress and bread thief ended up in Newcastle and owned a wagoning business.

52. 53 | February 9, 2019 7:39 am

You owe reparations to yourself.

54 | February 9, 2019 9:43 am

@ Chicago Sun Times
      Chicago Cubs ownership bows to the Csliphate.
      Cubs, the favored team of the Jihad!
      Go Sox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55 | February 9, 2019 11:21 am

‘leaked’ emails

odd how often that happens

56 | February 9, 2019 11:24 am

You owe reparations to yourself.

I’ll pay up as soon as I denounce myself

57 | February 9, 2019 11:50 am