• NCAA Football Week #11 2019 OPEN

Filed under College Football, Friday Cigar, Open thread at November 15th, 2019 - 10:08 pm

Welcome to the Weekend Open!

The Market is smashing through highs, the Dems look like whiny little Shiffs, and Trump is being Trump.

I get a day off Saturday to watch some ball and hang out with the Girls! Woot. So I am starting Friday Evening with an Oliva Hellion and an El Mayor Repasado, neat. I even get to write this on the deck as it isn’t horribly cold. Life is good.

So, we are 24/46…1200/1000 thus far, Up 20%.

#23 Navy at #16 Notre Dame – Sat, Nov 16, 2:30 PM ET…Navy always plays ND tough. Navy is getting 7. 7. If ND doesn’t cover this spread they should not go to a bowl game. ND covers.

#4 Georgia at #12 Auburn – Sat, Nov 16, 3:30 PM ET…This is going to be a great game. Auburn will cover the 3 that they are getting at home. That War Eagle Defense is something to behold.

#8 Minnesota at #20 Iowa – Sat, Nov 16, 4:00 PM ET…The Gophers are 3 point dogs after their pummeling of PSU last week. The Hawkeyes will beat this spread.

Incarnate Word at New Mexico State – Sat, Nov 16, 4:00 PM ET..Don’t even. You wanna bet against GOD?

#10 Oklahoma at #13 Baylor – Sat, Nov 16, 7:30 PM ET…Time for Baylor to pay the piper. Oklahoma is giving 10 and beats this sread and ruins Baylor’s season.

USC at California – Sat, Nov 16, 11:00 PM ET…USC is giving 4 at Berkley. The Trojans beat this spread. Sorry, Barbarian.

Comments

93 Responses to “NCAA Football Week #11 2019 OPEN”

1. 1 | November 16, 2019 12:39 am

In 1985 I was in a car accident. I went through the windshield of a car. I hit my head so god damned hard that for a year, I did not know who I was. The person I was in 1985 died in 1985. The person I am today, is someone who has spent the last 30 plus years trying to be the person I was in 1985.

I am not the person I was in 1985. I am a completely different person, but I am still the same person. My memory came back to me in 1986. But even though I remember who I was, I am not him. In 1985 I was a 100 watt light bulb. Today, sometimes I am a 100 watt light bulb. Most of the time I am I 60 watt light bulb.

Some times I am unbelievably angry. I cannot tell if people around me see the difference. I cannot tell if they are being merciful, or pitying me. I do not understand the world around me. I know that so many others have suffered so much more than me. It makes my own suffering seem petty and inconsequential. I feel guilty for thinking that my suffering should be considered as anything at all.

You do not know me, I am not who you think I am, the problem is, that I also am not who I think I am. I do not know who I am any more than you do. I died in 1985. I am not me, but I do not know who I am and neither do you.

2 | November 16, 2019 6:57 am

so the vols are off this week then next week they play missouri then close out the season against vandy

thats all the football talk I got

3 | November 16, 2019 9:24 am

an interesting read

elections have consequences.

4 | November 16, 2019 9:27 am

i had to read that a few times to get it straight.

6 | November 16, 2019 10:58 am

“I’m out in the lobby.”

7 | November 16, 2019 11:02 am

“I’m out in the lobby.”

good stuff.

7. 8 | November 16, 2019 12:39 pm

i had to read that a few times to get it straight.

You were in Neuro, You know about brain stuff. You know what I am talking about.

8. 9 | November 16, 2019 1:11 pm

i had to read that a few times to get it straight.

A good enough bonk on the head, is like unplugging your computer without turning it off first. Talk about hard resets…

10 | November 16, 2019 2:22 pm

Some Would Be Taxed Over 100% Under Elizabeth Warren’s Plan

Elizabeth Warren’s crusade against rich people is even worse than we thought. According to Richard Rubin of the Wall Street Journal, some millionaires and billionaires would experience tax rates of over 100 percent on investments under Warren’s proposals.

Potential tax rates over 100% could result from the combination of tax increases the Massachusetts senator proposes for the very top tier of investors. She wants to return the top income-tax rate to 39.6% from 37%, impose a new 14.8% tax for Social Security, add an annual tax of up to 6% on accumulated wealth and require rich investors to pay capital-gains taxes at the same rates as other income even if they don’t sell their assets.

Consider a billionaire with a $1,000 investment who earns a 6% return, or $60, received as a capital gain, dividend or interest. If all of Ms. Warren’s taxes are implemented, he could owe 58.2% of that, or $35 in federal tax. Plus, his entire investment would incur a 6% wealth tax, i.e., at least $60. The result: taxes as high as $95 on income of $60 for a combined tax rate of 158%.

10. 11 | November 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Feature not a bug, and all of congress would be immune.

11. 12 | November 16, 2019 3:04 pm

Soros is a vile, evil individual. His family isn’t any better, I’m sure.

13 | November 16, 2019 7:22 pm

hah fucking hah

Liberal pundits and activists criticized former President Barack Obama on Saturday morning after he suggested the Democratic Party should avoid leaning “too far left” ahead of the 2020 election.

Democrats laid into the former president after he urged them to consider a moderate approach during a fundraising meeting Friday. Climate activists and pundits turned on Obama, suggesting on Twitter that he was enabling that white supremacists gain a foothold in American politics.

14 | November 16, 2019 7:46 pm

From Matt Walsh’s Twitter:

Kaepernick made a big deal about doing a workout for NFL teams. The NFL set it up for him and 25 teams agreed to attend. At the last minute he insisted on having his own film crew. Because he didn;t get his way, he pulled out. This guy doesn’t want to play. He just wants attention

16 | November 16, 2019 8:29 pm

Well written and I think you are pretty much on the mark. From the time of his election in 2016, the democrats and deep state have been trying to undo the election and, in the process, prevent Trump from being able to govern the way Presidents are normally able to operate.

17 | November 16, 2019 9:58 pm

He just wants attention

Nike needs to keep his face up front

16. 18 | November 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Years ago I heard a Bureaucrat say something that chilled me to the bone. He said, “Elected officials come and elected officials go, but we remain always, we make the actual decisions”.

When I heard this, I did not yet know what the Deep State was. I did not know the extent of the power they held. But I have come to understand. From the least of them at the DMV to the most powerful at Foggy Bottom, they hold fast to their own political caste.

They are the new aristocracy. They are the true privileged class. They are members of a betrayal society where their advancement is always contingent upon holding secrets and only divulging them when it advances their careers.

My sister was a member of that class until the Lesbian Mafia took over San Diego Ca. She had her problems, but was an honest descent civil servant. She would not cooperate with the Lesbian Mafia. So they had her kidnapped, raped and left on the Oregon border with the promise that if she didn’t leave California, they would have her murdered.

It broke her and she fled to Oregon. The Deep State are not the text book conspiracy. They are a collection of individuals with zero morals or ethics that work in various government agencies that all subscribe to the same lack of morals and ethics. They protect their own against the outside society, but always with an eye to, who can be betrayed safely to advance their careers.

19 | November 16, 2019 10:29 pm

If I were younger, knowing what I know now, I’d be doing things a lot differently. Busy doing things. I’m too old know, physically beyond all that, and I’ve made personal commitments. But if I found Aladin’s lamp……………

20 | November 17, 2019 1:01 am

hah fucking hah

Never dreamed I’d see the day I’d agree with Obama on anything.

19. 21 | November 17, 2019 9:18 am

I don’t think he’s quite as crazy left as Bernie or Warren or most of the others, but I also think he’s sneakier about what he really wants.

20. yenta-fada
      22 | November 17, 2019 9:27 am

That putz chose Marxists, islamists, Maoists, and the most far left anti American people he could find. He weaponized the Alinsky model from day one and purged the military American loyalists. For 8 years he stuck it to the American people in every way he , ould. He doesn’t mean a word of what he said about any moderation. He’s just worried about losing votes. He would be happy with blood in the streets.

23 | November 17, 2019 9:50 am

Only in an alternate universe does Barack Obama preach about moderation.

24 | November 17, 2019 10:49 am

Only in an alternate universe does Barack Obama preach about moderation.

Au contraire. He’s talking tactics. Not end result. Reagan was one of his role models for style/effectivenss, not political philosophy.

25 | November 17, 2019 11:10 am

Exactly

26 | November 17, 2019 11:14 am

Liberal Pundits, Activists Strike Back After Obama Suggests Democrats Not Move Too Far Left

“Saying ‘Americans are moderate than these wild leftists’ is basically conceding that the far right propaganda machine has prevailed,” Peter Daou, a former aide to Hillary Clinton, wrote in a tweet Saturday. He took credit for starting the hashtag.

“I launched the #TooFarLeft tag because I’ve had it with Republicans, media elites, and corporate Dems enabling fascists while denigrating those who seek economic and social justice as ‘too far left,” he added in a follow-up tweet.

27 | November 17, 2019 12:45 pm

Daou is one of the more sickening sycophants on the planet. He’d lay down his life for Hillary and anyone who wouldn’t is less than worthy. It’s not just millenial SJWs who are mentally unhinged, there are these guys who look like normal corporate types. They’d be great Scientologists or some other totalitarian cult place where loyalty and abdication of autonomy are considered the highest-value social currency. These are sick, dangerous people and they will be happy when we’re all dead.

I bet it’s coming as a shock to Obama that he was just a figurehead, when all is said and done. It wasn’t all about him after all.

26. 28 | November 17, 2019 1:04 pm

Isn’t criticizing Obama racist?

29 | November 17, 2019 2:10 pm

Worth reading:

Alex Vindman Is Living, Breathing Proof That The Deep State Exists, And It Is Corrupt

Democrats and the Deep State have elevated more policy disagreements to what amounts to an attempted coup. Just listen to Alex Vindman.

30 | November 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Worth reading:

Let me state categorically that I am not implying dual loyalty or questioning Vindman’s patriotism or even his devotion to duty as he sees it.

Then you’re stupid and we have nothing to talk about.

31 | November 17, 2019 5:00 pm

So, a few weeks ago Ratcliff was on Maria B’s show saying the IG report would be out in Nov. Today he was on AGAIN saying DECEMBER.

It’s astonishing how gullible they think we are

30. 32 | November 17, 2019 5:18 pm

It’s astonishing how gullible they think we are

Personally, I will be surprised if it is ever publicly released. I believe that what is in it is so endemic and systemic in its reach that it outright terrifies everyone who reads it. Perhaps even President Trump himself.

33 | November 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Doesn’t mean he doesn’t support those far left policies. He is just telling the commies running to tone down the rhetoric until they get in office. Like he did.

32. 34 | November 17, 2019 6:21 pm

True Revolutionaries cut their hair, put on a suit and tie and go to work for the government bringing about change from the inside out. –Saul Alinsky–

36 | November 17, 2019 7:39 pm

Personally, I will be surprised if it is ever publicly released

Buried like radioactive waste.

There were a lot of huzzahs about the speech Barr gave the other day. No one seemed to recall he just declined to prosecute McCabe.

37 | November 17, 2019 7:58 pm

hey y’all
      file this under really cool

Cool video. Really stupid narration. “How carbon is transferred from the surface to the sea floor.” “I don’t think we’ve seen this example of carbon transfer before”.

Miseducated idiots

38 | November 17, 2019 9:12 pm

Miseducated idiots

And zero empathy for the shark being eaten. That struck me more than anything.

39 | November 17, 2019 10:13 pm

Awwww, sharks are really cool critters.

Except when you see one circling you and it’s a 150 metre swim back to the boat and your air tank is empty. Swimming with an empty tank there surface whilst trying to keep your eye on a shark, allows one’s imagination to run a little wild!

40 | November 17, 2019 10:26 pm

Why am I being subjected to 4 Tom Steyer ads an hour during Prime Time? Wasn’t there a better use for this jackasses money?

39. 41 | November 17, 2019 10:30 pm

hey y’all
      file this under really cool

Miseducated idiots

Fucking morons… Hello fish poop…

42 | November 17, 2019 10:44 pm

I had reason to think of you today…..

New Zealanders Are Keeping Their Guns And Buying More

One of my best girl friends was on my case today for moving to Knoxville. She’d moved to South Carolina and is moving back and expected me to be here. I had sent her all the articles about how the new dems coming in have every intention of taking our weapons and told her ‘don’t come back here’. She says she’ll shoot them at the front door but Roger Stone gets to spend the rest of his life in prison so I don’t call that a plan. Especially since she’s a lot younger than I am. They throw my sorry butt in the hoosegow that’s 20 years max, she’d be looking at 40.

I’ll just buy a new house and find a decorator.

43 | November 17, 2019 10:45 pm

Wasn’t there a better use for this jackasses money?

No. Pissing it away on people who can’t and never will be able to stomach him is about the best use of his money I can think of.

44 | November 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Wasn’t there a better use for this jackasses money?

And Thank You for Your Service

nite

45 | November 17, 2019 11:37 pm

t

Thank you.

The ads are horrible. Mostly lies, liberal catchphrases, and at one point he basically admits that he wants to enable voter fraud.

46 | November 18, 2019 5:57 am

I had reason to think of you today…..

New Zealanders Are Keeping Their Guns And Buying More

I’ll just buy a new house and find a decorator.

I still have to get along to a Police confiscation site before 20 December to hand in my 4×30 round AR-15 mags. They were left behind here by a bunch of US Army officers trying to make room for masses of sheepskin car seat covers they were stacking on their airplane home. They left all their uniforms as well except the ones they were standing up in!

Not only are semi-auto rimfire .22 cal firearms being purchased in huge volumes but semi-auto shotguns as well. Their nominal 7 round magazines are being fitted with volumetric stoppers to reduce their mags to 5 rounds so that they comply. Shotgun ammo sales are through the roof!

The second tier more draconean firearms restrictions are now dead in the water as the momentum has been lost by the Labour government and their coalition partner NZ First Party has categorically refused to back and more restrictions lest they suffer at the 2020 poll. They are currently polling at 6% but if they drop below 5% then they don’t get to ‘top up’ any electorate members of parliament with additional Party members to reflect their overall member proportionality. Ahhh the delights of the Mixed Member Proportional (MMP) electoral system!
      Strong in these buyers is the remorse …. as Yoda would say!

47 | November 18, 2019 6:10 am

48 | November 18, 2019 7:23 am

Only in an alternate universe does Barack Obama preach about moderation.

I agree, he is not being sincere. It’s a tactic and the MSM plays along.

49 | November 18, 2019 8:45 am

You’re all probably aware that there’s a lot of unrest in Iran right now. The Mullahs aren’t getting a lot of sleep.

Crowds of people are pouring out into the streets of #Iran.
      The government has cut off the people’s internet, hoping to stop their voices being heard.
      Supporting them is a must!!!
      #IranProtests

To which our ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell responded:

We have the technical ability to turn the internet on for the people of Iran. And ensure it is free of government blockers. Europe and America should do it together.
      @realDonaldTrump

@RegSprecher

@SecPompeo

@HeikoMaas

wut? We do? I think he probably should have kept his mouth shut.

50 | November 18, 2019 10:27 am

mmm, don’t know if this is good or bad

Air Force ABMS: One Architecture To Rule Them All?

The Air Force’s Advanced Battle Management System is growing from an alternative to JSTARS to a multi-domain mega-network to connect all four services in future wars. Is this a revolution or overreach?

51 | November 18, 2019 11:36 am

And the only rational response to Bloomberg is: Fuck Right Off.

https://youtu.be/P5vJWHMlHHg want to see how ridiculous Bloomberg is? You know how it takes a car a few seconds to cool when you first start it in the summer? Well Bloomberg has his staff run an extension cord and attach a home ac to the car so that it’s nice and cool when he gets in

there’s a video. It shows an air conditioning unit in the window of HIS SUV.

Yeah, the guy isn’t tooling around in a Tesla

52 | November 18, 2019 1:58 pm

Good! Unless you’ve read Lee Smith’s book, you probably don’t know who Kash Patel is.

House Intelligence Committee chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) “acted in concert” with Politico to leak allegedly false information from the impeachment inquiry as part of a “scheme” to advance the “inquisition” against President Donald Trump, according to an explosive defamation lawsuit filed by a senior Trump White House official on Monday.
      White House official Kash Patel, who is a senior counterterrorism official on the National Security Council (NSC), filed the lawsuit in Virginia court in which he says Schiff “weaponized the media” to advance his impeachment agenda.

Patel is a Sr WH official now, but before that, he was on Nunes’ staff and helped uncover this plot. And before THAT, he was a prosecutor in Manhattan. He’s nobody you want as an enemy.

53 | November 18, 2019 3:56 pm

All eggs in a single basket…. much?

54 | November 18, 2019 4:04 pm

All eggs in a single basket…. much?

yeah, dicey.

THIS is gonna be sweet.

The Hill vows to review Solomon’s Ukraine pieces

Marie Yavonovitch kvetched about it, so they’ll wipe her widdle tears.

Then Solomon will finish wiping the floor with her ass

55 | November 18, 2019 4:24 pm

I’ve made the big time. Just got called a Nazi.

56 | November 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Well, I’ll be damned.

Chairman Graham Announces Hearing on DOJ Inspector General’s Report on FISA Abuse Investigation

Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) today announced that Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz will testify before the Committee on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.

The Inspector General will discuss the findings of his investigation into DOJ and FBI’s conduct during the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant process as it relates to the 2016 presidential election.

“I appreciate all the hard work by Mr. Horowitz and his team regarding the Carter Page FISA warrant application and the counterintelligence investigation of the Trump campaign.

“Mr. Horowitz will be appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on December 11, where he will deliver a detailed report of what he found regarding his investigation, along with recommendations as to how to make our judicial and investigative systems better.

“I look forward to hearing from him. He is a good man that has served our nation well.”

zippety do dah and all that stuff

60 | November 18, 2019 7:52 pm

worried about our barbarian

61 | November 18, 2019 7:53 pm

What an idiotic move. Chik Fil A – however you spell it – just caved on the LGBT front and will now no longer contribute to charities that don’t support the agenda, eg. Salvation Army.

They surrendered to the mob to make it go away. The mob never goes away. They paid the Danegeld, the Danes are staying.

62 | November 18, 2019 7:55 pm

worried about our barbarian

yeah. saw her on twitter once today. Look, she’s a woman from the South. I was raised by one of them. She’ll be fine.

I’ll send her some real estate listings from Knoxville.

63 | November 18, 2019 8:03 pm

oh. my. god.

You have to see this. no words.

Michelle Obama in a – I don’t know what the hell she’s wearing, I think she plundered the tomb of an Egyptian pharaoh or something.

64 | November 18, 2019 8:17 pm

What an idiotic move. Chik Fil A

They’re claiming ‘restructure’

65 | November 18, 2019 8:18 pm

It’s a cargo net.

66 | November 18, 2019 8:18 pm

wut? We do? I think he probably should have kept his mouth shut.

… or not. Even if we don’t have that ability, now the mullahs are having to expend resources to find out if it’s true.

63. Bordm
      67 | November 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Looks like fencing wrapped around a thick fence pole…

68 | November 18, 2019 8:26 pm

zippety do dah and all that stuff

Picks up jaw off the floor!

69 | November 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Eric Swalwell farted during a live interview with MSNBC

I am here to serve

70 | November 18, 2019 8:34 pm

wait. I have to think about that.

Ok, I’ve thought about it. Even for Trump, that’s REALLY GOOD.

71 | November 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Just spent this morning ‘debriefing’ my business partner, whs just arrived back from 5 weeks in China.

He didn’t do much business at all but he was would up to beat the band so I just let him vent. Interesting times in the Middle Kingdom. Got stopped twice in the street and asked for his ID card which he hung onto after he became a NZ citizen. Was asked to produce his Kiwi Passport once too . No dramas but still intrusive and a sense of hidden menace behind the cop. Beijing calm with ZERO publicity coming in from Hong Kong. He said that the majority of folks he talked to seemed to have a pretty good handle in developments however, which shows that the Great Bamboo Firewall has a LOT of leaks.

He went over to say farewell to his dad who died 2 days after he had arrived. His much delayed return was due to tests on the hearing of his infant son in Beijing and family stuff. He doesn’t communicate by cell or e-Mail whilst in China and was 2 weeks late in his estimated return date. I was worried sick in case he was in trouble. Even advised his Member of Parliament(who is also the Chairman of the Committee overseeing MFAT (Like the Dept of State)) that I had concerns for his safety. Thankfully he arrived home yesterday evening safe and sound.

72 | November 18, 2019 8:40 pm

@ Bordm:

I think it looks more like fish scales.

73 | November 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Oh one thing that was of interest was his family’s land line. I was bugged… but not particularly well. Possibly on purpose to make a point that ‘big brother was listening’!

74 | November 18, 2019 8:45 pm

which shows that the Great Bamboo Firewall has a LOT of leaks.

well, you’re the intel guy. Where are the leaks? I have a few guesses of my own but you do you. And how would you characterize the cohort of people he talked to? I’m not clear on what people would be comfortable even alluding to such things, let alone actually discussing them.

75 | November 18, 2019 8:47 pm

Crap. Just crap. … and destroyed all the good will, and likely business, that they gained by standing strong.

/Watch the lines dwindle.

76 | November 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Well, that was a sycophantic article

Dress might look good on a good looking woman

77 | November 18, 2019 8:52 pm

The leaks are happening because folks are finding their way past the Great Bamboo Firewall and into the general internet traffic. The goings on from HK were very well understood and very up to date.

The cohort that he was mixing with were mostly middle ranking university types and elites of the CCP bureaucracy, such as family members and their friends. The cops on the street were just the normal plods and they seemed to be randomly stopping folks to inspect ‘their papers’. It seems that within families there is open discussion regarding HK still going on.

78 | November 18, 2019 8:56 pm

The niece help bring back to China from her position as a Professor at Florida U is deteriorating in her Beijing mental hospital. She seems to have just given up and is in despair of having been returned to China under duress.

Very sad

79 | November 18, 2019 8:59 pm

Possibly on purpose to make a point that ‘big brother was listening’!

omg. are you kidding me? If I knew I was bugged, can you imagine the havoc I’d create?

80 | November 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Within the 1%-ers the consensus is that Xi is a moron and a sock puppet of an elite cabal. It’ll be interesting to see if the cabal last and manage to keep pulling Xi’s strings or whether Xi will sweep them away when it suits him.

81 | November 18, 2019 9:04 pm

/Watch the lines dwindle.

hold on. I’m not sure the move was accurately represented in the media. see my post below

82 | November 18, 2019 9:04 pm

Possibly on purpose to make a point that ‘big brother was listening’!

Really?

I was bugged in Manila by a couple of Tagalog speaking goons …. While I Was Watching!

Talk about blatant. I just used a lobby phone to arrange for a ‘good company man’ ( actually the former US Resident from the US Embassy) to come and chat to me about what I was supposed to be doing in Manila.

83 | November 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Dress might look good on a good looking woman

no. That is not a dress, that is really ugly body armor.

84 | November 18, 2019 9:10 pm

The university types were pissed off that even Xi’s PhD research was all done by other PhD candidates on his behalf and he contributed almost zip other than to sign his name to the script!

They complained that most Central Committee types have PhDs but had all ‘outsourced the actual research’ to underlings and compliant Professors.

85 | November 18, 2019 9:11 pm

He’s not a moron, of course he’s backed by an elite cabal. The question is which comes first – Trump leaving office or the bullet to the back of his head.

Because if he doesn’t ‘win’, he’s done. China will not agree to anything until after the election. All the stock market moves we see here based on ‘rumors of China trade deal’ are all garbage. Xi can’t beat Trump, he can only outlast him.

86 | November 18, 2019 9:14 pm

While I Was Watching!

it’s remarkable how one can invent fun whenever the opportunity presents itself.

87 | November 18, 2019 9:16 pm

rephrase that, it got garbled

88 | November 18, 2019 9:16 pm

Xi can’t beat Trump, he can only outlast him.

EXACTLY Eagles.

In the meantime the more Xi feels vulnerable the more he will screw down the Chinese society with authoritarian regulation and intrusive tech.

Something has to give!

Xi is just hoping that he doesn’t get a bullet, before Trump either loses the election or retires from the field in another 5 years!

89 | November 18, 2019 9:24 pm

My business partner has a niece who is / was a Professor at the University of Florida. She was under a LOT of pressure from China too return. I mean a LOT of pressure. In the end her parents were going to go to the US to collect her and bring her home as she was getting ap
      escort her back. The CCP wouldn’t allow BOTH mom and dad to travel because they were worried if the whole family were in the US together NOBODY might come back!
      The Mom ( my business partner’s brother was sent to Florida whilst ‘dad’ was kept in China as an ‘anchor’. My business partner was asked by his sister the mom) to help bring the daughter (his niece) back. They practically had to frog march her onto the plane. She’s melted down totally now and has been locked up in a Beijing mental hospital.

After all if you didn’t want to return to the Middle Kingdom you must be nuts!

As I said…

Sad

90 | November 18, 2019 9:26 pm

The Mom ( my business partner’s brother = The mon (my business partner’s sister!)

91 | November 18, 2019 9:46 pm

Dress might look good on a good looking woman

no. That is not a dress, that is really ugly body armor.

I’ll defer to your judgment. I’m the epitome of one of the shortest books in the world, “Fashion Tips by Engineers”

92 | November 18, 2019 9:53 pm

While I Was Watching!

The Philippines is a weird place. First these guys wanted me to travel on a dingy passport. I declined their kind offer. Then they said that I’d have to travel under an assumed name. I finally said OK just to end the BS and used my middle ‘given name’ in place of my surname to keep them happy. I was ‘picked up’ by my friendly goons’ inside the secure area of the airport so I figured I could trust that they were ‘official types.

I was attempting to ‘blend in’; in the customs concourse but everyone else was 5’4″ and I was a foot taller and no amount of slouching would make that. Then the goos led me to my own solitary Customs man instead standing in line with the rest of the short hoi poloi. They loud introduced me as Mr (middle name alias) instead of my surname, and the Customs guy just smiled, raised his eyes to the ceiling and stamped my passport.

I was then led outside into a sauna bath of heaving 5’6″ humanity through some side doors and into a lane that looked VERY dodgy. I must say that I had the odd concern about then. Finally around a corner there were some massive steel gates with bars 6″ which with armed soldiers standing picket. I felt a little calmer at that sight. Two Datsun sedans stood awaiting our little group. Me and now 4 goons. Twi Uzi’s lay across the back seats of #2 Datsun as they attempted to prise my bags from my hands and carry them to the ‘gun car’.

I refused to let go of my bag!

After a frenetic 60 MPH game of dodge-em cars through crowded back streets we arrived at the hotel where I would stay. The pantomime of this is MR (middle name my ‘alias’) was repeated for the night manager who noted that my assumed surname didn’t match my credit card surname. He too looked at the ceiling smiled and zipped my card and gave me my key.

The two original goons then escorted me to my room and did the rather obvious bugging operation of my room phone.

By this time I’d had enough , went to bed and first thing in the morning went to the lobby and phoned my friendly former resident at the US Embassy. The Intel management and analysis software that I was carrying never did make it into the Philippine Field Police’s computers and as far as I know they are still probably using their manual system of cared files and cardboard boxes. Apparently Maj Mendoza aka ‘Boogy’ was too busy shooting members of ‘sparrow teams’ circulating in Manila art the time assassinating Philippine officials to find time to meet.

The former US Resident was a fine man and suggested that I was probably wasting my time with ‘Boogy’ and even sent his driver to transport me to the airport through the Easter traffic to grab my flight!

93 | November 18, 2019 9:57 pm