• Well, He Did Say “Bomb the Shit Out of Them”

Filed under Military, Open thread at April 13th, 2017 - 3:02 pm

And, true to his word, Trump did indeed

BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF THEM

this thread is open too…just like the giant smoking crater left by MOAB.

Comments

118 Responses to “Well, He Did Say “Bomb the Shit Out of Them””

1 | April 13, 2017 3:11 pm

*HAPPY DANCE*

2. 2 | April 13, 2017 3:23 pm

The Precious Snowflakes are loosing their fucking minds. Its glorious.

3 | April 13, 2017 3:30 pm

CIA is going after Assange. Pompeo giving presser now

4 | April 13, 2017 3:44 pm

The Precious Snowflakes are loosing their fucking minds. Its glorious.

MOAB drop: Not immediately clear why Pentagon used 11-ton bomb against group that uses suicide bombers and AK-47s

LA Times tweet

5. 6 | April 13, 2017 3:51 pm

The Precious Snowflakes are loosing their fucking minds. Its glorious.

LA Times tweet

6. Deplorable Idapig
      7 | April 13, 2017 3:51 pm

CIA is going after Assange. Pompeo giving presser now

Why? If anything I feel the guy has done us a huge service!

9 | April 13, 2017 4:04 pm

The Precious Snowflakes are loosing their fucking minds. Its glorious.

LA Times tweet

do another one. tell them to cough up that Obama video

10 | April 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

Why? If anything I feel the guy has done us a huge service!

In some respects he did. But he exposed a lot of gov’t secrets to do it. I’m really of 2 minds about the entire thing. One thing Pompeo said made me laugh: whistleblowers have defined avenues to follow.

And every one of them leads to personal destruction.

11 | April 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Karl Rove just said somebody’s bitching that we did this on Holy Thursday.
      Must be the same people who want to ban abortions on Sundays

10. Deplorable Idapig
      12 | April 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

Why? If anything I feel the guy has done us a huge service!

And every one of them leads to personal destruction.

Or dead – especially if you plan on testifying against the Clintons.

11. 13 | April 13, 2017 6:27 pm

And right on cue, the lib media, in an attempt to prove how smart they are, step on their “appendages” left and right.

He deleted it shortly after then complained about people “trolling” him by pointing out that that was the cost of the ENTIRE MOAB program. A single MOAB costs $11 million Dude, you’re an idiot. Deal with it.

And USA deleted THEIR tweet, where they claimed they Hiroshima bomb was equivalent of 15 tons of TNT. It was (not so) politely pointed out to them that they were a little “off” – by a factor of 1,000

14 | April 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Alright! The man keeps his word.

15 | April 13, 2017 7:03 pm

The Media will bash Trump no matter what he does, so He should keep on doing it his way.
      The so erudite Dr. Krauthammer found the timing “curious” Stuff it Charles.

14. Deplorable Idapig
      16 | April 13, 2017 7:03 pm

I found something else that said 2 million. Which they may have since they were made back in 2003 when Bush planned on taking out Irans nuclear facilities.

15. Deplorable Idapig
      17 | April 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

Point being, nobody made them – recently. They were already part of our stockpile.

18 | April 13, 2017 7:08 pm

Brown_Skin_Girl • 0 minutes ago
      I wonder what type of cake Trump was eating when he gave this order. Also, when will be the next hit and who will it be? Your tax dollar is working hard for you or should I say for the over rich and powerful.

Here is a comment at Right Scoop. Trump could never please them

19 | April 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Trump could never please them

if he did, then he’d be doing it wrong

18. 20 | April 13, 2017 7:40 pm

Good God, some of the lefties are in hysterics.

21 | April 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Since the federal government doesn’t pay elementary school teachers, who cares?

22 | April 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Trump could never please them

if he did, then he’d be doing it wrong

Word up!

21. Deplorable Idapig
      23 | April 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Good God, some of the lefties are in hysterics.

Some??

22. 24 | April 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Probably thinks the federal government should completely run the educational system here in the US, with federal teachers, janitors and kitchen staff.

25 | April 13, 2017 8:16 pm

Good God, some of the lefties are in hysterics.

god, this is so much fun!

26 | April 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Where is Black Lives Matter and their ilk? It’s been awfully quiet. The Pussy Hat Brigade seems to have melted away, haven’t seen the Antifa crowd. No scheduled protest marches, no nothing. What happened to THE RESISTANCE?? Spring Break?

25. 27 | April 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Waiting for the Soros checks to clear…

26. 28 | April 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Some of my favorite responses on both sides
      1) ‘Because a 12 ton bomb wasn’t available at the time’
      2) Please tell the story of the enormous cost of this single bomb and the number of poor this money could help. (what, we can return it for a refund? Hope they kept the receipt!)
      3) That has to be the most ridiculous idiotic question. Would you rather send US troops INTO the tunnels to clean them out? Yes you would
      4) We have a child running the US. Maybe he wanted to see a big cloud and hear a big bang?

29 | April 13, 2017 8:56 pm

This wasn’t intervention. It was a fireworks display. We’re done. There will be no abdication of thrones nor any boots on the ground

or

McMaster, has been quietly pressing his colleagues to question the underlying assumptions of a draft war plan against the Islamic State that would maintain only a light U.S. ground troop presence in Syria.” McMaster’s critics inside the administration say he wants to send tens of thousands of ground troops to the Euphrates River Valley.

30 | April 13, 2017 9:44 pm

The Russians also have ‘the Father of all Bombs’ It only has a 7 tonne explosive payload compared to the MOAB which has a 8 tonne payload. I think the MOAB packs Ethylene Oxide as the explosive. It costs gazillions per bomb because the manufacture process has about 40 steps to it. The Russian equivalent probably has an explosive load of something like Octa-azacuvane or maybe even the new stuff on the block octal-nitro-cubane C8O16N8 or some other complex ridiculously expensive charge. It’s 7 tonne fill is supposed to have the equivalent in ethylene oxide terms of 11 tonnes of VERY high explosive. Commonly referred to as a vacuum bomb.

Not the type of explosive available to any Islamist scumbag.

I asked my pet in house explosives expert what it’d be like inside the tunnel system within 1 mile radius when the MOAB went boob.
      He said that the tunnels would magnify the over-pressure effect and the mean over pressure is up about 5,000 PSI. It’s shrewd the tunnel and collapse it. Any biological matter within 1 mile of ground zero who’d literally be vaporised and end up as a stain on a tunnel wall.

Good times

WINNING

31 | April 13, 2017 9:51 pm

The Kim family of homicidal maniacs must be getting sweaty palms as China deploys 185,000 troops to the China North Korea Border. I’m guessing here but it may be a demonstration to the NK military to stage a decapitation strike against the whole Kim clan. Probably the best solution available would be a military take over of NK. Not ideal but communists do not want to die and can be reasoned with to some extent. The MOAB demonstration by Trump was intended as a warning to the whole NK scientific establishment. No matter how deep you guys dig the coming 5,000 PSI pressure wave will find you out and turn you into a stain on your lab wall.

32 | April 13, 2017 9:57 pm

Now this is interesting. Jennifer Griffen was just on Tucker’s show. She said they were working on a story about Assad’s chem sites and had to hold it because they found out about the strike about to happen.

So according to her (and she’s one of the few reporters I actually have respect for), there were chems at that site and Assad did launch the attack.

33 | April 13, 2017 9:57 pm

or

McMaster needs watching.

No more blood of US kids shed to fight theocratic religious wars between bunches of Arab losers.

Bomb are just fine. Just as long as the Arabs keep killing each other we are WINNING

34 | April 13, 2017 9:58 pm

I’ve been expecting convenient assassinations ever since he offed his half brother or whoever it was.

35 | April 13, 2017 9:59 pm

Scenario#2 with bells on.

Occam’s Razor wins yet again!

Who profits by this action…… there is the answer clear and simple. Works most times.

36 | April 13, 2017 10:01 pm

His half brother with a chemical toxin and his uncle by being tied to the muzzle of a large calibre anti aircraft gun.

Choice !

The world would be a better place without the Kims.

37 | April 13, 2017 10:01 pm

McMaster needs watching.

This is not the first time I’ve read cautionary tales about McMaster. And altho I’m leary of gossip about palace intrigue (Bannon vs Kushner, etc.) as I think their primary purpose is to elevate the reputation of the reporter regardless of their veracity, this is about war so bears close scrutiny.

You have military contacts all over the place, Aussie, why don’t you go do some friendly drinking and see what you hear.

38 | April 13, 2017 10:08 pm

Chemicals including Sarin at the site. We all know that because there has been independent sampling and sarin turned up. Still a little hazy as to how they got there. Were the chemicals in a chemical warhead swing from the rails of a Syrian Su-22 or did they belong to the local al-Nusra who were both the owners and the victims of the sarin when the al-Nusra munitions stockpile was hit by ‘common or garten’ Syrian iron bombs?

39 | April 13, 2017 10:12 pm

I value my military contacts both professionally and more importantly as close friends. If they ever told me something in confidence I’d never kiss and tell as I value their friendship much more than any passing story. If I ever became knowledgable about the inside intreagues the best that you might notice is a change in my attitudes towards some individual.

Sorry

40 | April 13, 2017 10:18 pm

Our intelligence svcs have said 2 things:

1. the jihadis had only mustard gas
      2. They intercepted communications that indicated plans to use them by the Assad gov’t

What sews it up for me is that General Mattis unconditionally believes these were Assad’s weapons, used by Assad.

If I ever became knowledgable about the inside intreagues

Oh, not intrigues, silly, just does that particular narrative fit with previous behavior/choices, etc. Or is it completely out of character? Does it ‘sound like’ McMaster?

41 | April 13, 2017 10:23 pm

Oh OK. Next time I’m chatting with them, I’ll go ask a general.

42 | April 13, 2017 10:25 pm

Oh OK. Next time I’m chatting with them, I’ll go ask a general.

See? Easy Peasy!

43 | April 13, 2017 10:28 pm

Given the status and honour of ‘mad dog’ I’ll fold my tent on Scenario #2 and go with the …. Assad is a bat-shit crazy murderous dog who just shot himself in both feet at the same time and “managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory”.

Scenario #2 and Occom’s Razor notwithstanding will be most displeased !

HEH!

44 | April 13, 2017 10:39 pm

EXCEPT…except the – I don’t want to call it ‘speculation’ because it was put forth in a military briefing I read about – rationale was that Assad WAS losing that particular battle at that particular time and decided to go for broke.

FWIW

43. Deplorable Idapig
      45 | April 13, 2017 11:01 pm

I just saw the MOAB blast in Afghanistan posted on my FB wall. It was AWESOME!!! The guy recording it was pretty far away and was still knocked over by the concussion wave. It was beautiful!

I wish I could share it but the guy who shared it has it linked to his page and I can’t find it online.

44. Deplorable Idapig
      46 | April 13, 2017 11:03 pm

Sorry

But that works for me.

45. Deplorable Idapig
      47 | April 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

Those of you who are my “friends” on FB can go check out my wall since I shared it. You’ll LOVE it!

48 | April 13, 2017 11:14 pm

@ Deplorable Idapig:

it looks like there was a preliminary explosion?

49 | April 13, 2017 11:16 pm

@ Deplorable Idapig:

I shared it on my timeline

50 | April 13, 2017 11:17 pm

You’ll LOVE it!

and turn on the sound!

51 | April 13, 2017 11:18 pm

off to bed. nite!

50. Deplorable Idapig
      52 | April 13, 2017 11:31 pm

@ Deplorable Idapig:

it looks like there was a preliminary explosion?

Yes – and a YUGE secondary explosion. And definitely better with the sound on!

51. Deplorable Idapig
      53 | April 13, 2017 11:31 pm

off to bed. nite!

G’nite Eagle!

54 | April 13, 2017 11:37 pm

@ Deplorable Idapig:

it looks like there was a preliminary explosion?

You’re correct.

The MOAB is a fuel air ordnance the initial explosion was spreading the Etylene oxide into a very large cloud which was then detonated causing massive over-pressure which was then itself boosted by the walls of the tunnels into a truly massive 5,000 PSI overpressure that did the job.

53. Deplorable Idapig
      55 | April 14, 2017 12:01 am

@ Deplorable Idapig:

it looks like there was a preliminary explosion?

You’re correct.

Yeah – it was pretty impressive. The Brits are losing their minds (with headlines like: bomb used in anger) over at the Daily Mail. The American reaction (“So you’re saying it works, then. Gotcha!) in the comment section makes me proud!

56 | April 14, 2017 12:01 am

Oh OK. Next time I’m chatting with them, I’ll go ask a general.

See? Easy Peasy!

Just chatted to the junior general and his opinion was:-

* A soldier’s soldier
      * Smart in a narrow military way.
      * Got plenty of guts to call a spade a spade even to senior officers.
      * Reputation for objective rational tactical and strategic thought.
      * Called it like he saw it when he lambasted the General Staff over Grand Strategy circa VietNam in his PhD
      thesis.
      *Little indication that he can think outside Pentagon-ese Strategic thought.
      * A true Cold Warrior who can’t see Russia as anything but the Main Strategic opponent.
      * Possibly a gap in his abilities to look past ‘Military solutions’ to more nuanced Grand Strategic solutions. ( the ‘if i an a hammer I see everything as a nail’ syndrome) that may limit him in the NSA job when it comes to nuanced ‘alternative solutions’ and evolving national interests.

A smart courageous soldier both in battle and in philosophical disagreement, even with more senior officers. He’ll tell you where he stands clearly and unambiguously. He called FUBAR to the senior officers involved in Viet Nam as they shafted their own troops and bent to the political will of Johnson and McNamara. Whether he based that on the flawed Grand Strategy underpinning the Viet Nam war or whether it was just based on the flawed Military Strategy and political meddling of the US war in Viet Nam remains obscure.

Not sure Mc Master is capable of bridging the gap between Military Strategic thought and the more prosaic Grand Strategic thought underpinned by objective historical understanding of the socio-political drivers behind the concept of Grand Strategy where war fighting is not always the most productive course.

Clausewitz, Sun Tsu and all that!

I think I paraphrase the general’s thoughts OK

Hope that helps

57 | April 14, 2017 6:03 am

He said that he left Vietnam in 1975, when Saigon fell, and he was on a boat, and he said he was terrified. He said that being dragged down the aisle was more horrifying and terrible than what he experienced in leaving Vietnam,” Demetrio said.

@ Chicago Tribune
      Good morning. This is a quote from Dr Dao. Sure the guy had a really bad experience , but worse than leaving Vietnam as one of the boat people? This will probably be settled before it ever gets to court , but if it does a jury
      might not be thrilled with this hyperbole.

58 | April 14, 2017 7:39 am

ah. He sounds like Geo. Patton, who KNEW one way or another we’d end up fighting Russia so we might as well start while we had troops in place.

57. 59 | April 14, 2017 9:58 am

Well, not since all that STIMULUS money went to the states in 2009. I know California used it for that purpose – so that the Teacher’s Union members wouldn’t suffer any layoffs. Also SEIU public employees. Meanwhile, all eyes on the Oroville dam and the spring thaw.

58. 60 | April 14, 2017 10:00 am

One of my guilty pleasures is watching the Real Housewives shows on Bravo. Mostly so I can make fun of them. In the New York edition, one of the Ho-wives is Carol Radziwill, who was married to JFK Jr.’s cousin. In the current airings, filmed before the election, she is driving everyone nuts with her Hillary support talk, telling anyone who disagrees with her that they are not as informed as her, that she used to be a journalist and “talks to people.”

I’m looking forward to the episode where she finds out the rest of the Country isn’t New York City and her epic meltdown.

59. 61 | April 14, 2017 10:34 am

His lawyer is also an attention-whore slip-and-fall piece of work. “Hundreds of Stories” – dude, come ON. Sure United looks bad. But here’s the problem. You are turning this into a crusade. Point of fact is your client REBOARDED the plane after being removed. In an era post 9-11 you don’t DO sh*t like this.

And apparently another video has surfaced, this one with the police begging him to please get off the flight.

60. Deplorable Idapig
      62 | April 14, 2017 11:06 am

@#$%^&*!!! It’s SNOWING!!!!

61. Deplorable Idapig
      63 | April 14, 2017 11:12 am

Yeah, United handled this badly, but as you say; post 911 do we want everyone who is asked to leave a plane to fight being removed? Would we even bat an eye had this guy been a moslem?

I’d prefer to err on the side of safety and sort it all out later. And that’s all this guy had to do. Leave the plane and file a lawsuit if he felt wronged.

64 | April 14, 2017 11:23 am

Carol Radziwill, who was married to JFK Jr.’s cousin.

Good thing for her that he died a tragic death at a young age, otherwise she’d have no hook to make a living from. She wrote a book I read an excerpt from. Redefined ‘vapid’

63. 65 | April 14, 2017 11:25 am

@#$%^&*!!! It’s SNOWING!!!!

I told you…. When the Ice reclaims North America… You’ll be moving to SoCal… —–> Insert evil laughter here.

66 | April 14, 2017 11:34 am

Well, this is interesting. From Sharyl Attkisson

It’s not true that wiretaps and/or electronic surveillance of U.S. citizens can “only” be done with a FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) court order.

Besides the FISA court, “wiretapping” or electronic surveillance can also be done under Title III authority. The government used this authority, for example, in the Justice Department’s secret Fast and Furious “gunwalking” case.

Additionally, U.S. Presidents have the power to issue secret presidential directives that can authorize otherwise illegal acts (theoretically in the country’s best interests). These directives may come with pre-planned cover stories to be used in the event the operation is exposed, and they come with indemnity for those involved, giving them permission to lie about the operation or their involvement without fear of prosecution

more at the link

67 | April 14, 2017 11:36 am

@#$%^&*!!! It’s SNOWING!!!!

well, it’s Idaho, whaddyagonnado?

66. 68 | April 14, 2017 11:57 am

You ought to HEAR her – VAPID doesn’t begin to describe it. And for someone who is “SO INFORMED” I notice she was all over that “Trump’s a buffoon – he’s got a lawsuit for statutory rape against him, for Christ’s sake.”

Lady – for an informed person, you should read up – that lawsuit was as bogus as can be. That plaintiff should be jailed for perjury and perpetrating a fraud upon the court.

67. Deplorable Idapig
      69 | April 14, 2017 12:51 pm

@#$%^&*!!! It’s SNOWING!!!!

@#$%^&*!!! It’s SNOWING!!!!

well, it’s Idaho, whaddyagonnado?

Well, it’s been going on for over an hour now and the damnable stuff is actually sticking! Over an inch now. This would close down DC for the day! I MISS snow days! These people don’t shut down for anything!

68. Deplorable Idapig
      70 | April 14, 2017 12:52 pm

I thought the woman dropped the case before Discovery because she knew he could sue the crap out of her!?!

69. 71 | April 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Big bada boom in Afghanistan.

coldwarrior and I were discussing exactly how ordnance like the MOAB function. I had no intention of bring this to the blog, until I heard some imbecile who was suppose to be a expert on Fox talking about the MOAB and describing it as a ground penetrating ordnance.

So, in order to eliminate any confusion regarding what the MOAB is and how it functions.

The MOAB is not a conventional explosive ordnance. The MOAB is classified as a thermobaric ordnance. They do not detonate on impact, and they do not detonate after ground penetration. They detonate at altitudes of between 60 and 80 feet.

Furthermore, they are of a class known as Trinary explosives. Which means exactly what it sounds like it means, that there are three distinct explosions involved.

Thermobaric ordnance of a primary and secondary explosive device’s which is conventional such as Cordite or C4 and a tertiary explosive comprised of a ionized metal such as Aluminum Iron or Magnesium which is suspended in either a fluid or Gel.

The Primary explosive vaporizes the tertiary explosive compound and disperses it over a set defined area. The secondary explosive detonates the tertiary explosive.

While it looks like two explosions, in reality it is three. Thermobaric ordnance have three very significant characteristics.

1) they produce a massive amount of heat.
      2) they produce a massive concussive shock-wave.
      3) They deprive a set distance from the detonation of Oxygen.

Thermobaric ordnance are often referred to in the vernacular as “Air Burst Ordnance” very specifically because of characteristic #3. They very literally rely on the Oxygen in the air as part of the ordnance’s explosive components.

If you are in the kill zone of a thermobaric ordnance such as the MOAB, if the intense heat doesn’t vaporize you, or the concussive shock-wave does not turn your internal organs to jello, then the third characteristic of the ordnance will quiet literally suck all of the Oxygen out of your body in a mater of milliseconds.

Detonated over a cave complex or hardened bunker, if the heat and concussive shock-wave doesn’t collapse the cave or bunker on you, then the Oxygen depletion will suffocate you. Nitrogen normally isn’t considered a deadly or toxic gas, until there is no oxygen for you to breath.

Watch the video above of the MOAB detonating in Afghanistan, you will note two very distinct explosions. This is not the MOAB detonating and then a secondary explosion from Jihadist explosive materials. This is how the MOAB explodes when detonated.

70. Deplorable Idapig
      72 | April 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Here’s the MOAB from the planes point of view.

I actually prefer the on the ground view from the guy knocked over by the blast. Regardless, only 36 of the little bastards were killed. Pity it couldn’t be more, but that’s been their MO all along – keeping their groups small and scattered.

The only way to get a bunch of them would be at their mecca jamboree. Hit them during that and you could get millions!

71. Deplorable Idapig
      73 | April 14, 2017 1:08 pm

Big bada boom

Nice 5th Eliment reference!

This is the one some guy posted to my FB page last night. Glad someone finally got it out there because it’s AWESOME!

74 | April 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

yeah, the sound effects were awesome!

75 | April 14, 2017 1:15 pm

Regardless, only 36 of the little bastards were killed

I don’t understand how they got that number. It’s not like there were bodies they could count

74. 76 | April 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Regardless, only 36 of the little bastards were killed

That number probably represents the number of bodies at the very edge of the kill zone that were above ground causalities. Killed by the concussive shock-wave outside of the tunnel complex. We will probably never know exactly how many were killed inside the tunnel complex as its entrance most likely no longer exists.

75. Deplorable Idapig
      77 | April 14, 2017 1:50 pm

Regardless, only 36 of the little bastards were killed

If there are any left in the world then the answer is not enough!

76. Deplorable Idapig
      78 | April 14, 2017 1:56 pm

Ok – where’s Aussie? There is all this chatter out there that the Russian FOAB is bigger than our MOAB. I want ours to be more destructive than theirs and wish to know if their claim is real or hyperbole.

79 | April 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Cringeworthy: Elizabeth Warren Attacks MOAB Strike On ISIS

Fauxcohantas “doesn’t understand the purpose” of dropping bombs on ISIS.

78. 80 | April 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

Oh believe me – this whole lawsuit was a farce from the beginning but I am incredibly amazed that little libturds run back to it from time to time. Just to give you the timeline.

She filed a suit as a SHAM plaintiff in the Central District of California (L.A.) last year. Used a fake address and phone number. Case dismissed.

She refiled. Dismissed again. Moves to the Southern District of New York. First filing is dismissed. Refiles for the last time in September.

NEVER SERVES TRUMP with a copy of the Complaint. People made much of the fact that the Judge “must believe the lawsuit has merit because he’s scheduled the trial in December!”

Uh, no. A “Scheduling Conference” was calendared for December. This is automatically spit out by the Court’s program at the time the suit is filed. Judge has nothing to do with it. It’s scheduled to allow enough time for the complaint to be served and to be answered.

She dismissed a couple weeks before the election without serving Trump. Mostly because they found out the smarmy allegations weren’t working. Planned a press conference and didn’t show up. And she is of course, represented by Gloria Allwet’s daughter.

79. 81 | April 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Apparently either the DNC or DNCC has raked in huge money over the last few months. People supposedly afraid of losing their Obamacare and of all the other things they’re told Trump will destroy. Gay rights, abortion, forcing black people into chains, etc

82 | April 14, 2017 3:36 pm

I doubt it. People who are that stupid generally don’t earn enough to give money away like that. Unless they’re Hollywood types

81. Guggi
      83 | April 14, 2017 3:38 pm

You knowand I’ve been honest about it, I’ve never been the biggest supporter of Trump. For me he has been the lesser evil.

But at the moment I’m laughing my *ss off about the stupidity of the WaPo and the brilliant Statement of Trump.

Let’s start with the WaPo Quote:

“Donald Trump believed he could convince China to pressure North Korea to stop its nuclear activities. Then President Xi Jinping tutored him on the history of the region.

“After listening for 10 minutes, I realized that it’s not so easy,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday, recounting the session at Mar-a-Lago. “You know, I felt pretty strongly that they had a tremendous power over North Korea. But it’s not what you would think.”

This comment is funny because, in 2011, Trump claimed that he has read “hundreds of books about China over the decades,” including works by Henry Kissinger, American journalists and Chinese novelists. Looking to do more business with Beijing, he provided a list of 20 books about China to Xinhua, the official Chinese news agency, that he said had helped him understand the country, its politics and its people. “I know the Chinese. I’ve made a lot of money with the Chinese. I understand the Chinese mind,” Trump said six years ago. His list had some surprising titles on it, including “Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother.”

Color me skeptical that Trump has read anything by Amy Chua”

b-r-i-l-l-i-a-n-t

Trump just let the world know that China is a toothless papertiger losing her face and the WaPo doesn’t even get it.

Reaction from China: 150,000 troops deployed to the Korean border and they stayed away from the Russia/Syrian resolution.

84 | April 14, 2017 3:43 pm

I believe this is called Walk of The Elephants

U.S. Air Force officials made it clear to North Korea they were not messing around, launching a surprise military exercise with full combat air power in Japan Wednesday.

The jets in the arsenal of the 18th Wing, which conducted the exercise, include HH-60 Pave Hawks, F-15 Eagles, E-3 Sentries and KC-135 Stratotankers. Military officials call it the Air Force’s largest combat-ready wing.

Photos showed a large group of the jets on a runway at Kadena Air Base in Japan.

stunning pics

Meanwhile, China has urged North Korea’s opponents not to do anything rash, …“Military force cannot resolve the issue,”

Oh, that’s EXACTLY the kind of issue military force resolves.

85 | April 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Guggi wrote:

meh. There are a lot of very reasonable, well-meaning people in that particular club.

If the list weren’t impressive, WaPo would have printed it so they could point and laugh

I’m not so sure China’s toothless. I think they just want to be on the winning side. Right now I suspect the person who doesn’t know whether to shit or go blind is Putin

84. Guggi
      86 | April 14, 2017 4:06 pm

I’m not so sure China’s toothless.

I’m not saying China IS toothless but Trump let them look as if they were. If you’ve watched China’s politics during the last 15 years or so they always wanted to make business but never take any responsibility. The best thing ever was if I may remind you when they told us that they understand business and capitalism better then we and we should learn from them. How arrogant they were!

85. 87 | April 14, 2017 4:30 pm

I spent 3 years on Kadena Air Base when I was 10-12. The enormity of the flight line cannot be overstated. It is HUGE.

86. 88 | April 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Guggi wrote:

Yes, they understand business so well, that their attempt to crash the US Economy on Sept 15th 2008 only cost them $10 Trillion dollars and nearly crashed their own economy.

87. Deplorable Idapig
      89 | April 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Guggi wrote:

They also bought the AMC Movie theater franchises across the US. Maybe they should have spoken to Japan about how well that (buying US real estate) worked out for them? Seriously? Who goes to the movies anymore?

90 | April 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Guggi wrote:

I learned more than I ever needed to know about Chinese business culture from training software developers from the mainland. The rote learning, innate distrust and a priori assumption of the worst about people was universal. I had better luck w/people from the former USSR. And nobody in their right mind ever trusted their financial statements.

It’s really too bad you and Aussie Infidel are in time zones so far apart. He deals w/Chinese all the time as clients, the 2 of you would have great fun!

91 | April 14, 2017 4:51 pm

It is HUGE.

no no no!

It is YUUUUGE!!

92 | April 14, 2017 4:53 pm

(buying US real estate)

have you been watching the real estate market in Toronto? The Chinese have absolutely crashed it. The bid it up beyond all reason, created a bubble and now everybody is starting to take the inevitable bubble bath. They had to have SOMEWHERE to put all the money.

91. Deplorable Idapig
      93 | April 14, 2017 4:59 pm

(buying US real estate)

But that is what bankrupted Japan! The crash in OUR real estate market devalued the property to almost worthlessness. Japan has NEVER recovered from that! And THAT’s where the Chinese dumped their cash – and now the Canadian real estate market crashed? These people need to learn the old adage, “Never put your eggs in one basket!”

92. Guggi
      94 | April 14, 2017 5:06 pm

Never heard of this but

Kanjorski and the Money Market Funds: The Facts

93. Guggi
      95 | April 14, 2017 5:08 pm

I like to read him in the morning 🙂

94. 96 | April 14, 2017 5:26 pm

@ Guggi:
      I’m not sure I like some of the people he’s getting advice from. Yes, they’re better than we would have had from Hillary, but we don’t need someone who’s pushing for war and nation building.

95. Guggi
      97 | April 14, 2017 6:21 pm

@ Guggi:

Who is pushing for war and nation building?

98 | April 14, 2017 7:31 pm

See my #30 mate

97. 99 | April 14, 2017 7:39 pm

Guggi wrote:

Never heard of this but

Kanjorski and the Money Market Funds: The Facts

One problem with that white washing bullshit. I watched it happen real time. In 2008, I still had a pretty good chunk of change in my portfolio. I was day trading back then and literally watched it happen.

98. 100 | April 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Guggi wrote:

Never heard of this but

Kanjorski and the Money Market Funds: The Facts

He’s an account from someone else who watched it happen in real time.

101 | April 14, 2017 8:12 pm

Analysis
      All eyes are focused on the Korean Peninsula. Signs suggest that North Korea is preparing to conduct another nuclear weapons test, perhaps as soon as April 15, to commemorate the 105th anniversary of the birth of the country’s founder, Kim Il Sung. If Pyongyang follows through, the act will be nothing short of a provocation.

As tensions mount, China has stressed the importance of diplomacy and of preventing the situation from escalating to an “irreversible and unmanageable stage.” So far, U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration has relied largely on non-kinetic means such as additional sanctions and increased enforcement or enhanced regional missile defense to keep North Korea’s nuclear ambitions in check. But Washington has made clear that it will keep all of its options open. As the United States demonstrated with its limited cruise missile strike in Syria on April 6, it is willing to take unilateral military action. And considering North Korea’s dogged efforts to advance its nuclear program, the Trump administration will have to carefully calculate the risks of a potential military strike.

A Range of Options
      Action against North Korea could take many shapes or forms, from a limited strike to a large-scale military offensive targeting all of North Korea’s military assets. On the lowest end of the scale, the United States could launch a strike to punish North Korea for continuing to develop its nuclear and missile arsenal and to deter it from pursuing nuclear weapons in the future. A punitive strike may be limited to a single base or facility in the country, with the threat of further action down the line if Pyongyang doesn’t alter its behavior. Though this kind of attack offers the best way to keep the situation from escalating, it would by no means ensure that North Korea heeds the United States’ warning and eases up on its nuclear and missile development. Nor does it eliminate the risk that Pyongyang may respond to the strike in kind.

Alternatively, the United States could elect to launch a more comprehensive punitive or preventive strike in an attempt to physically interrupt the nuclear and missile programs’ maturation. The strikes would still be limited, focusing only on nuclear and missile infrastructure to signal that the United States is not trying to orchestrate a change in the country’s leadership. This kind of operation, such as a strike on a single target, would encourage North Korea to curb its response so as not to provoke further attacks — though a full-scale retaliation could not be ruled out.

If Washington judges that Pyongyang is likely to launch a counterattack regardless, it may decide a comprehensive campaign to degrade or eliminate North Korea’s retaliatory capacity would be most prudent. This scenario would best position the United States and its allies against a North Korean response, but it would entail significant risks, virtually guaranteeing full-blown war on the Korean Peninsula. Consequently, a campaign of this magnitude would require buy-in from regional actors — something that has yet to manifest — and a buildup of military assets far greater than what the United States has deployed in the region so far. A more limited strike, be it a focused punitive strike or a larger one targeting nuclear and missile infrastructure, is more likely at this point. In the meantime, the Pentagon has rerouted several carrier strike groups to the waters surrounding the Korean Peninsula.

Weighing the Risks
      Such an operation could involve cruise missiles as well as fixed-wing aircraft conducting strikes against various facilities across North Korea. Prime targets include the nuclear reactor or uranium enrichment facility at Yongbyon, as well as North Korean nuclear scientists. Should the United States plan more extensive strikes aimed at disabling all elements of the North Korean nuclear program, it may also deploy special operations forces to go after underground facilities that airstrikes couldn’t easily or reliably destroy. But the broader the target set, the greater the risk of retaliation. North Korea has a hefty arsenal of short- and medium-range missiles that it could launch at nearby targets, including U.S. military facilities elsewhere in the region. Pyongyang’s conventional artillery, moreover, could also do significant damage to northern areas of South Korea, reaching as far as the country’s capital. U.S. military planners would likely view this kind of escalation as an unacceptable risk.

The United States will base its decision about whether and how to strike North Korea in large part on the kind of reaction it anticipates from Pyongyang. North Korea has many reasons to mount a credible retaliation to any action taken against it, not only to maintain the appearance of a powerful actor on the global stage but also to ensure domestic stability. A weak response from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s administration could undermine its legitimacy among the country’s public or perhaps prompt a palace coup. At the same time, however, Pyongyang understands that a significant retaliation would meet with a commensurate response, which could cripple North Korea’s military capabilities.

If the United States determines the country is unlikely to take that kind of chance, it will have little else standing in the way of a military strike. Short of that scenario, however, Washington may still be willing to assume the risks of a limited retaliation. The United States could consider the launch of a small number of missiles that might be intercepted, for example, or incursions by North Korean special operations forces into South Korean territory to be acceptable consequences. Even low-level naval skirmishes may not be considered too great a repercussion. Still, anticipating the scale of North Korea’s response is a daunting and treacherous gamble.

Beijing’s Options
      Then there’s China’s response to consider. Until now, Beijing has stressed diplomatic solutions to ease the rising tension, all the while warning against the chain reaction that military action against Pyongyang could set off. Beijing has consistently made clear that its red line on the issue is war or instability on the Korean Peninsula; China wants to make sure that it has a pliable buffer state along its northeastern border.

In the event of a military strike against North Korea, China could intervene, either to support the North Korean government or to facilitate a power transition without jeopardizing order in the country. Its options for intervention range from military backing for Pyongyang to support for a U.S.-led military campaign to a decapitation strike. But whatever path it chooses, it will stay focused on ensuring the North Korean state’s continuity and preventing any scenario that could lead the Korean Peninsula to unify under a competing power.

The United States would doubtless risk a response in kind from China should it launch a military strike without consulting Beijing. And if Washington were to launch a full-scale campaign against North Korea, or if a limited attack spirals into a war, the likelihood of a Chinese military intervention to secure its interests on the Korean Peninsula will climb. Along with its desire to keep a buffer between its territory and U.S. forces in South Korea, China is worried about the threat of spillover from a potential conflict in North Korea.

What to Watch Out For
      The window has not closed on a diplomatic solution to the problem. Pyongyang may decide to postpone its nuclear test, and the United States, in turn, could delay military action in favor of tougher sanctions. Still, given the high stakes at play, Stratfor will be watching closely for early warnings of impending military action.

North Korea’s Nuclear Test

Having weighed the risks of another nuclear test, the North Korean government may be rethinking the move. On April 14, the country’s foreign minister said in an interview that Pyongyang would forge ahead with the test “whenever supreme headquarters sees fit,” not necessarily on April 15. Delaying the nuclear test, however, also carries enormous risk for North Korea since it could embolden the United States and provide an opportunity for a punitive strike. Preparations for a military parade to commemorate the founder’s birthday appear to be on track so far. If the current leader tries to reduce his own visibility during the festivities, his behavior could indicate that he perceives a high risk of military action.

Defensive Preparations Near the North-South Border

South Korea is always on alert during its northern neighbor’s test cycles. And because it is a prime target for North Korea’s prospective retaliatory action, the country is anxious about the possibility of a military strike — all the more so as it deals with prolonged political instability at home. South Korea’s acting president has ordered his military to intensify preparations. But reports have yet to surface that the country is bolstering security at the border.

A Shutdown at China’s Border

Overall, we are on the lookout for any sign that China is changing its military posture or taking steps to evacuate foreigners from North Korea. Reports suggest that China is mobilizing troops along the border, though we have not been able to verify these claims. Nonetheless, Air China — one of two airlines with service to North Korea — has announced that it is canceling flights to the country starting April 17. As one of the only countries that operate flights to North Korea, China may be trying to prove that it is willing to ramp up its economic pressure on Pyongyang. Otherwise, it may have canceled the flights simply because of low passenger turnout. The move could also be a precautionary measure, though, and we’re watching to see whether it indicates that China is preparing for a military crisis.

Changes in Travel Plans or Diplomatic Activity

Changes to the itinerary of U.S. Vice President Mike Pence’s impending 10-day tour of the Asia-Pacific region would be a red flag. He is expected to celebrate Easter with U.S. forces in South Korea. A sudden uptick in diplomatic activity between the United States and China, likewise, could signal imminent action in North Korea.

102 | April 14, 2017 8:29 pm

I doubt putting millions of South Koreans at risk of annihilation is at the top of the list of our possible actions. The Norks are going to have to go first.

Besides, our new POTUS is making the NYT extremely nervous because there are no signs from the WH that the traditional Easter Egg Hunt is being properly organized, if at all. And even if it does manage to pull it off, it won’t be as good as the Obama’s.

The evidence points to a quickly thrown-together affair that people close to the planning said would probably draw about 20,000 people — substantially smaller than last year’s Easter Egg Roll, which drew 37,000 — and be staffed by 200 volunteers, one-fifth of the usual number.

What does THAT tell you? Seriously, this is Pulitzer-worthy.

101. Deplorable Idapig
      103 | April 14, 2017 8:39 pm

See my #30 mate

I did see it. I was hoping for more of a compare/contrast from you. I think you might have provided one of those too, but maybe not.

Anyway, so my eyes don’t roll into the back of my head, can you provide a cliff-notes version?

104 | April 14, 2017 8:39 pm

OMG the Trump administration has an Easter Egg Roll capability gap with the previous administration.

Sacre Bleur mon amiss the sky is falling.

In previous times this would be a gag by the NYT.

In these OTT times it’s de regure’ for what now passes as news.

Pathetic is what it is NYT

105 | April 14, 2017 8:47 pm

@ Deplorable Idapig:
      Would love to but right now I’m awaiting being collected to go see a movie. ‘Denial’ . Not sure I’m going to enjoy it as my movie mate is a hard core Progressive jewish naysayer to everything Trump. He’ll try a lecture and we will settle for a tie and a move back to our respective lines.

Saw a great rendition of Henry V last night at the Pop-Up Globe theatre in Auckland. LOTS of blood and guts spread all over the audience standing in the ‘Groundlings’ up close and personal to the stage. Great stuff and Shakespeare as it should be played. They cut a bit out here and there and missed the part where Henry goes apeshit and has all of the French prisioners killed because of the French massacre of the innocents in the English train behind the lines. The director also cut a bit too much from the hanging of an English soldier that puts Henry into a reflection of consistency of justice after he kills off the traitorous English nobles.

Overall Great

104. Deplorable Idapig
      106 | April 14, 2017 8:53 pm

The NYT is a complete joke anymore. I doubt they actually sell any papers outside NYC. I know we used to get the paper at the Pentagon, but they GAVE it to us – and every other office in the building. That’s thousands of papers given away to just one building. You know that area – how MANY government buildings are out there. The NYT GIVES its papers to all those offices in the DC metro area.

In regards to the Easter egg thing? Trump is a billionaire who knows how to get things done fast. Now he has the power of the government to pull that crap together for him. I think the roll will be just fine. The Obama’s were certainly indifferent to anything having to do with a Christian Holiday.

107 | April 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I’ve subscribed to something called Curiosity Stream. All documentaries. Right now I’m watching the series on the Celts. I had no idea they originated in Austria/Germany (thought it was Ireland) but good lord, they were a bloody crew.

108 | April 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

pfft. They’ve got nuthin’ on USA Today.

107. Deplorable Idapig
      109 | April 14, 2017 9:03 pm

I’m a big fan of Shakespeare, but haven’t stepped foot in a movie theater for close to 10 years. And I avoid progressive Jews. But then again, I avoid progressive Gentiles, as well.

108. 110 | April 14, 2017 9:05 pm

but good lord, they were a bloody crew.

Meh, back then, everybody was a bloody lot.

109. Deplorable Idapig
      111 | April 14, 2017 9:07 pm

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

pfft. They’ve got nuthin’ on USA Today.

We got that for free too. Along with the WaPo, Washington Times, along with a plethora of other papers (all the military times papers, the hill, etc). I was at the front desk and had to organize those damned things every morning. It would crack me up when one of our officers would grab one, tuck it under his arm and walk out the door for some reading time in the bathroom.

112 | April 14, 2017 9:27 pm

@ Deplorable Idapig:

Here is RT’s piece on Russia’s FOAB

113 | April 14, 2017 9:55 pm

5 minutes until hot peach cobbler

112. 114 | April 14, 2017 10:02 pm

5 minutes until hot peach cobbler

You have my condolences…

115 | April 14, 2017 10:04 pm

i has the sleepies. nite.

116 | April 15, 2017 2:52 am

Deplorable Idapig wrote:

Nope this wasn’t a movie. It was Henry V in a pop-up Globe theatre the same size as the original. I was in the ‘groundlings’ (standing hop) surrounded by archers with long bows, The stage was the traditional Shakespearean stage. A mirror copy. The players wandered about occasionally off stage mingling with the audience as they did 450 years ago. There was spurting blood as the Marshal of France got his throat cut by Henry during the fighting in full armour and the front rows of the groundlings got splattered with the blood gushing from the neck of the Marshall. All good clean fun and MUCH better than any movie as the audience was all mixed up in the play itself.

117 | April 15, 2017 8:33 am

Good morning! A little hilarity with your morning coffee/tea. This is Tom Frank, who wrote the book “What’s Wrong With Kansas?”. He was trying to figure out why Kansas kept voting in a manner he considered against its self-interest, ie, big government. After this last election, he traveled around to ‘red’ voting areas to try to figure out why Hillary lost. If you want to peer into the abyss of cluelessness, this is your chance. His answer to the question “Why did so many people hate Hillary?”:

That’s the question. What is it about her? She doesn’t say rude things. She tries so hard to not offend people. I think it’s the very things that you and I like about Hillary that were the problem: She is so professional, she is so polished, and she’s such a wonderful lawyer. She went to Yale law school, and was so brilliant, and was the best in her class. People hate this.

got it? Red state rubes hate accomplished people precisely because they’re accomplished. The word ‘Benghazi’ never shows up. Nor does Libya.

118 | April 15, 2017 8:57 am

typical of the word-whore profession.

new thread, wilbur ross just fire-bombed the ‘chamber of commerce’ or whatever they call themselves.

website design was Built By David