• 5/8/77 Have a Grateful Day!

Filed under History, Music at May 7th, 2017 - 6:20 am

40 years ago this evening The Grateful Dead played Barton hall at Cornell University. This is considered one of their finest shows. The Scarlet Begonias / Fire On the Mountain are a fine example of the band hitting on all cylinders.

Cornell 5/8/77 is a live album by American rock band the Grateful Dead. It was recorded on May 8, 1977, at Barton Hall, Cornell University, in Ithaca, New York. It was released as a three-disc CD album and as a five-disc vinyl album on May 5, 2017.[1][2][3][4]

The same recording was also released on May 5, 2017, as part of the four-concert, eleven-CD box set May 1977: Get Shown the Light.[5][6]

The May 8, 1977 show is a fan favorite, and is widely considered to be one of the band’s best performances.[7] Tickets to attend the general admission concert cost $7.50.[8] The soundboard recording was made by the Dead’s audio engineer Betty Cantor-Jackson. In 2012 it was selected for inclusion in the National Recording Registry of the Library of Congress.[9][10]

I have this show in several forms including a digital first generation Betty Board. I intend on getting the new vinyl as the Dead always do a Great job on these releases.

Have a Grateful Day!

Comments

177 Responses to “5/8/77 Have a Grateful Day!”

1 | May 7, 2017 6:27 am

off to the salt mines with me!

2 | May 7, 2017 7:36 am

@ Washington Post
      Good morning. SNL is rarely funny nymore , but this is a walk off homer.

3. 3 | May 7, 2017 7:55 am

Good Morning! I’d like to take a moment and ask for all of yinz’ help. CW did I use that correctly?
      My Very Special Lady Friend Liz lost her Passport some time ago. She shared that with me whe we went to Niagara Falls back in January. Without that, she isn’t able to leave Canada in her efforts to get back into the professional Geology field.
      So, I set this up last night. Liz doesn’t know I’m doing this for her. I hope yinz can help here out by contributing to Operation Ends Of The Earth Part 2! Just so you know, Part 1 is already in process, as I’m waiting for my Passport Upgrade to a full Book to be sent back to me. I want to be her Helper in her Life. Yes, I care about her THAT MUCH, and what better way to share this with her…to follow her To The Ends Of The Earth!
      All I can do here is ask for yinz’ help. Thank you very, very much!

4 | May 7, 2017 8:22 am

@ Deplorable Macker:

what’s a ‘full book upgrade’?

5 | May 7, 2017 8:24 am

Lol….this post escaped a day early!

6 | May 7, 2017 8:24 am

@ Deplorable Macker:
      Yinz’s

Yinz is learning tho….

7 | May 7, 2017 8:27 am

@ Deplorable Macker:
      Ill hit the site later when im not at work…..

8. 8 | May 7, 2017 8:55 am

I’ve had the Passport Card for two years now, making the border crossings that way. The full Passport Book will allow me to fly anywhere in the world. Starting with flying from Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport to Thunder Bay, ON…Liz’s home town!
      She knows I want to visit there some day. Liz casually dropped the line “I guess you’re going to have to work on getting your Passport upgraded, y’know!”
      Yep.

9 | May 7, 2017 9:04 am

Deplorable Macker wrote:

I’ve had the Passport Card for two years now,

oh. I don’t know what that is. The last time I used a passport was 1982. I don’t even know where it is.

10 | May 7, 2017 10:15 am

@ Twitchy
      Matthew Dowd is the smirking know it all on ABC who cross dresses as a Republican and supports all Democrat
      positions. To support single payer he opines that vets just love the VA medical system.
      The professional staff is great, but try to see them. Wait time is absurd and the support staff treats vets like useless
      vagrants with uber disrespect. They have job protection and would never cut it in private industry.
      And I am pretty sure that vets that died waiting to see a doctor would disagree with this fool.

11. 11 | May 7, 2017 10:48 am

Matthew Dowd is a brain dead Marxist apparatchik and media Propagandist. Dude has less in the way of gravitas or morals and ethics than worm shit.

12 | May 7, 2017 12:10 pm

Well said.

13. 13 | May 7, 2017 12:41 pm

Just think. If we move to a Single Payer system like the left wants, we’ll all be treated like our Veterans are.

14 | May 7, 2017 12:52 pm

gravitas or morals and ethics than worm shit.

EXCUUUUSSSSEEEEE ME!! Worm shit – it’s called ‘castings’ FYI – may not have morals but it still has more value than Dowd, as it supplies untold nutrients to the soil we need to grow stuff. I’m betting nothing could grow in anything Dowd produces.

15. 15 | May 7, 2017 1:18 pm

gravitas or morals and ethics than worm shit.

Bah… “Casting” don’t get the point across.

16 | May 7, 2017 2:25 pm

BREAKING: Exit Polls Indicate Macron Landslide…

Voting in the French presidential runoff will end at 2pm ET, and we’ll know who won almost immediately.

Center-left frontrunner Emmanuel Macron appears on course for a comfortable victory — exit polls showed him with 60-66% of the vote — but supporters of right-wing nationalist Marine Le Pen are holding out hopes of an upset.

Can’t say that I’m surprised, but it’s still disappointing

17. 17 | May 7, 2017 3:23 pm

Millions of ‘refugees’ will be flooding France. The number of rapes & assaults will skyrocket, especially against women who aren’t covered. Large areas will become ‘no go’ zones. And these ‘refugees’ will demand more & more free crap.

18 | May 7, 2017 3:43 pm

Count on it. The more power any government gets the more abusive it gets. In Venezuela they have had enough.
      There is a lesson there.

19 | May 7, 2017 3:51 pm

@ Daily Mail
      Ze French have spoken mon amies. Marcon has won, and it will be business as usual. Business as usual is taking in hordes of Muslim “refugees” , more no go zones, more terrorism , rapes and mayhem, and above all more free stuff.
      Charles Martel never dreamt at the Battle of Tours that his countrymen would be such fools.

20 | May 7, 2017 4:19 pm

BREAKING: Exit Polls Indicate Macron Landslide…

Can’t say that I’m surprised, but it’s still disappointing

Yep, sad, but France has voted to remain stupid and blind. By the time they wake up, it will be too late — the Louvre will be burning and the Eiffel Tower turned into a minaret

21. 21 | May 7, 2017 4:30 pm

but France has voted to remain stupid and blind.

No, France just voted to commit suicide. Suicide by Jihad invasion.

22 | May 7, 2017 4:48 pm

I’m not sure that’s what they were thinking. Remember what Guggi said: even if Le Pen won, there is no way, given the make-up of their Parliament, that she could actually govern. It may be they were voting for some sort of structural calm that would allow for governing of some sort instead, hoping that time is on their side.

23 | May 7, 2017 4:50 pm

I should add – if I understood Guggi correctly, Le Pen at the helm would have been like Trump but with an overwhelming majority of Dems in both houses and every level of the judiciary. Total gridlock.

24 | May 7, 2017 4:53 pm

Deplorable Macker wrote:

I’ve had the Passport Card for two years now,

This is a non-problem Eagles. It’s looong run out of currency and you need a new one.

25 | May 7, 2017 4:56 pm

but France has voted to remain stupid and blind.

No, France just voted to commit suicide. Suicide by Jihad invasion.

Actually the whole of the EU is a bit like the Jonestown community suicide note.

There is no future for a group of folks with:
      The organisational ability of the Italians
      The Flexibility of the Germans
      The Modesty of the French
      The Imagination of the Belgiums
      The Generosity of the Dutch or
      The Intelligence of the Irish!

HEH!

26 | May 7, 2017 4:59 pm

not only that – I get a new picture and I’m SOOO much better looking these days. HA! Hi Aussie, how are your Chinese doing?

You know what I figured out today? I think, anyway. That whole ‘sack of Rome by the Goths ‘thing actually started in China. The Hun moved west, having been driven away by the Han dynasty (who apparently were the builders of the Great Wall as part of their defense against the Hun). The Hun ran into the Goths in the Balkans and some of the Goth tribes fled south to what they hoped would be Roman protection. Didn’t quite work out that way, the Goths got pissed off and leveled the place. That’s a very long story short, the point being – Rome got screwed by the Han Dynasty. Did you see they just discovered a Chinese skeleton in some Roman ruins the other day?

27 | May 7, 2017 4:59 pm

There is a lesson there.

Le Pen will probably fail this time HOWEVER
      By the time the next elections roll around or if there is an assassination either Le Pen or more likely Marion Le Pen will sweep into power with a massive majority.

It’s time to build power within the parliament to allow that future Presidency to enact the regulations that will change the face of France and Europe totally.

28 | May 7, 2017 5:01 pm

The Chinese things went pretty well last week and it looks like we are in line to make some money. If that works then we will be in line to make serious money.

Fingers crossed

Off to school now.

Volunteer tutoring 14 year olds in Math and science for 2 hours.

See you guys later

29. 30 | May 7, 2017 6:30 pm

Bernie Sanders is probably weeping.

30. 31 | May 7, 2017 6:44 pm

Well, I’m trying Sous Vide tonight. I don’t think it’s going to work out for me since the cooler’s losing heat pretty quickly. I’m kind of guesstimating it since the thermometer I KNOW I had has gone AWOL.

Oh well.

32 | May 7, 2017 6:50 pm

Watching France24

It looks like the supporters of the left candidate, Melenchon (sp?) did not vote at all

At least some of the vote was against Le Pen and not for anybody (one woman called her ‘the eraser’)

The die hard supporters of Macron are the young ones – who want to be ‘Europe’ which is all they’ve ever known. And they want change. Macron may have served during Hollande’s admin, but he was never OF it.

Just anecdotal stuff, watching ‘man in the street’ interviews.

33 | May 7, 2017 6:52 pm

you know you can cook stuff in the dishwasher, right? I seriously do not understand all this rigamarole over sous vide.

34 | May 7, 2017 6:56 pm

and 8.9% of the votes were ruined somehow – or maybe left blank – doubled from last time.

34. 35 | May 7, 2017 6:56 pm

I’d thought about that. ‘Steak al la Cascade’.

36 | May 7, 2017 6:59 pm

‘Macron’ – I dunno – the word sounds like a sub-atomic particle for some reason.

37 | May 7, 2017 7:00 pm

I’d thought about that. ‘Steak al la Cascade’.

google it. do you have a food sealer thingy?

37. CynicalConservative
      38 | May 7, 2017 7:07 pm

Marketing. Everything old is new again for sales.

38. 39 | May 7, 2017 7:07 pm

I don’t. Just Ziploc bags.

40 | May 7, 2017 7:12 pm

Bernie Sanders is probably weeping.

Bernie is probably hiding under his bed!

41 | May 7, 2017 7:17 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

Marketing. Everything old is new again for sales.

I’m expecting another Justin Trudeau

I don’t. Just Ziploc bags.

I think those can work, depending on what you’re making.

42 | May 7, 2017 7:19 pm

Bernie is probably hiding under his bed!

Bernie should run for President again. In Venezuela. He’d probably win. Also, the Feds would probably give up on putting his wife in jail.

43 | May 7, 2017 7:28 pm

Some of those 500,000 mysterious unofficial voting papers that have been turning up. Strange thing democracy. The winner always carried out the ‘investigation’ after the fact and nothing is ever proven. Funny that!

44 | May 7, 2017 7:29 pm

An ultra heavy Meson that sinks to the bottom every time.

45 | May 7, 2017 7:31 pm

Bernie is probably hiding under his bed!

Do the Feds put ANYONE in jail these days, if they belong to the self appointed elite class?

I thought that these was a mandatory closed season on the political class.

46 | May 7, 2017 7:31 pm

oh, well done!

47 | May 7, 2017 7:32 pm

CynicalConservative wrote:

Marketing. Everything old is new again for sales.

I’m expecting another Justin Trudeau

Alas I believe that you are correct again eagles!

48 | May 7, 2017 7:39 pm

A trial of 128 supermarkets with 4 containers of potato chips a month to begin with ;

2 containers a month of food safe paper towels

1 container a month of diapers

3 containers a month various cleaning products

So a 3-6 month trial of 10 containers a month.

Better than pin money with the possibility (high probability for the chips) of scaling up from 128 supermarkets to 300 after 3-6 months and potentially to 2-3000 supermarkets next year.

That’s serious money even if we are only making pennies per unit.

It’s been a HARD slog so far.

48. 49 | May 7, 2017 7:41 pm

Nope. Hell, you’re practically immune from going to jail if you just mow one of the elites grass these days.

50 | May 7, 2017 7:51 pm

gravitas or morals and ethics than worm shit.

EXCUUUUSSSSEEEEE ME!! Worm shit – it’s called ‘castings’ FYI

Don’t go all EWWWWWWW on me Eagles.

I have currently got a great supply of casting currently in production from my worm farm. We also produce lots of ‘worm tea’ and I have a large jar of water full of basil plants sitting on my kitchen bench. I feed them a drop of worm tea once a week and they are all happy little campers and make masses of fresh basil that you can pick fresh to use in cooking and in salads.

Let’s hear it for the blood worms, working their little anises off for me everyday, and all they ask is my fresh vegetable and fruit cast offs.

51 | May 7, 2017 7:52 pm

Alas I believe that you’re right mate!

52 | May 7, 2017 7:59 pm

Le Pen will probably fail this time HOWEVER

That my friend is a great analysis.

54 | May 7, 2017 8:01 pm

Don’t go all EWWWWWWW on me Eagles.

not me, babe. I am a worm warrior! They are brilliantly designed creatures especially in their simplicity and their importance is deeply unappreciated.

You have a worm farm? That is very cool. They only people I knew who had worms were bait people.

The most interesting item on your list of containers – diapers. Disposable, I assume? Pre-sized for any given age?

56 | May 7, 2017 8:07 pm

We’ve had the same cohort of bloodworms for the past decade and they just keep on keeping on. Every time I lift the lid on the worm farm to ass vegetable waste they all stand up on their toes and clap their hands!

HEH! 🙂

57 | May 7, 2017 8:07 pm

France: Emmanuel Macron, Useful Idiot of Islamism
      by Yves Mamou
      May 7, 2017 at 1:30 am

Emmanuel Macron, a “Useful Infidel,” is not a supporter of terrorism or Islamism. It is worse: he does not even see the threat.

Is Macron an open promoter of Islamism in France? It is more politically correct to say that he is a “globalist” and an “open promoter of multiculturalism”. As such, he does not consider Islamism a national threat because the French nation, or, as he has said, French culture, does not really exist.

During the cold war with the Soviet Union, they were called “Useful Idiots”. These people were not members of the Communist Party, but they worked for, spoke in favor of and supported the ideas of Lenin and Stalin. In the 21st century, Communism is finally dead but Islamism has grown and is replacing it as a global threat.

Like Communism, Islamism — or Islamic totalitarianism — has been collecting its “Useful Infidels” the same way Communism collected its Useful Idiots. There is, however, an important difference: under the Soviet Union, Useful Idiots were intellectuals. Now, Useful Infidels are politicians, and one of them may be elected president of France today.

Emmanuel Macron (Image source: European External Action Service)
      Emmanuel Macron, Useful Infidel, is not a supporter of terrorism or Islamism. It is worse: he does not even see the threat. In the wake of the gruesome attacks of November 13, 2015 in Paris, Macron said that French society must assume a “share of responsibility” in the “soil in which jihadism thrives.”

“Someone, on the pretext that he has a beard or a name we could believe is Muslim, is four times less likely to have a job than another who is non-Muslim,” he added. Coming from the direction of the Syria and armed with a Kalashnikov and a belt of explosives would, according to him, be a gesture of spite from the long-term unemployed?

Macron comes close to accusing the French of being racists and “Islamophobes”. “We have a share of responsibility,” he warned, “because this totalitarianism feeds on the mistrust that we have allowed to settle in society…. and if tomorrow we do not take care, it will divide them even more “.

Consequently, Macron said, French society “must change and be more open.” More open to what? To Islam, of course.

On April 20, 2017, after an Islamist terrorist killed one police officer and wounded two others in Paris, Macron said: “I am not going to invent an anti-terrorist program in one night”. After two years of continuous terrorist attacks on French territory, the presidential candidate said he had not taken the country’s security problems into account?

Moreover, on April 6, during the presidential campaign, professor Barbara Lefebvre, who has authored books on Islamism, revealed to the audience of the France2 television program L’Emission Politique, the presence on Macron’s campaign team of Mohamed Saou. It was Saou, apparently, a departmental manager of Macron’s political movement, “En Marche” (“Forward”), who promoted on Twitter the classic Islamist statement: “I am not Charlie”.

Sensing a potential scandal, Macron dismissed Saou, but on April 14, invited onto Beur FM, a Muslim French radio station, Macron was caught saying on a “hot mic” (believing himself off the air): “He [Saou] did a couple things a little bit radical. But anyway, Mohamed is a good guy, a very good guy”.

“Very good”, presumably, because Mohamed Saou was working to rally Muslim voters to Macron.

Is Saou an isolated case? Of course not. On April 28, Mohamed Louizi, author of the book Why I Quit Muslim Brotherhood, released a detailed article on Facebook that accused Macron of being a “hostage of the Islamist vote”. Republished by Dreuz, a Christian anti-Islamist website, Louizi’s article gave names and dates, explaining how Macron’s political movement has largely been infiltrated by Muslim Brotherhood militants. It will be interesting to see how many of them will be candidates in Macron’s movement in the next parliamentary elections.

On April 24, the Union of Islamic Organisations of France (UOIF), generally known as the French representative of Muslim Brotherhood, publicly called on Muslims to “vote against the xenophobic, anti-Semitic and racist ideas of the National Front and [we] call to massively vote for Mr. Macron.”

Why?

Is Macron an open promoter of Islamism in France? It is more politically correct to say that he is a “globalist” and an “open promoter of multiculturalism”. As such, he apparently does not consider Islamism a national threat because, for him, the French nation, or, as he has said, French culture, does not really exist. Macron has, in fact, denied that France is a country with a specific culture, a specific history, and a specific literature or art. On February 22, visiting the French expatriates in London, Macron said: “French culture does not exist, there is a culture in France and it is diverse”. In other words, on French territory, French culture and French traditions have no prominence or importance over imported migrant cultures. The same day, in London, he repeated the offense: “French art? I never met it!”

Conversely, in an interview with the anti-Islamist magazine, Causeur, he said: “France never was and never will be a multiculturalist country”.

Because he is a politician, Macron is not addressing the French people as a whole. He is addressing different political customer bases. When visiting Algeria, Macron said that colonization was a “crime against humanity”. He evidently hoped this remark would help him to collect the votes of French citizens of Algerian origin. [NB Joe!! – private joke]

During the presidential campaign, Macron was always saying to people what they wanted to hear. French people may well be on their way to discovering that for Macron, belonging to a homeland, thinking of borders and defining oneself as belonging to a mother language or a specific literature or art, is nothing more than junk.

Yves Mamou is a journalist and author based in France. He worked for two decades for the daily, Le Monde, before his retirement.

58 | May 7, 2017 8:10 pm

Lunch awaits. I bought a German bread roll on the way home from tutoring and also a date scone .

Yummm

This afternoon I have to write the report on the last 3 weeks enterprise and get it to my two Chinese off-siders. Groan

I hate writing summaries.

Have a great Sunday evening eagles & Dorian.

59 | May 7, 2017 8:15 pm

Yup. 6 sizes from new born through to toddler

in Standard, Jumbo and Mega size packs.
      Most Chinese still use clothe nappies but it’s changing VERY fast. The landfills are NOT impressed!

60 | May 7, 2017 8:17 pm

after reading the Gatestone piece, Macron is not a useful idiot. He isn’t even an amoral opportunist. He is absolutely on the other side. Period. Full stop.

enjoy your lunch. see ya later.

61 | May 7, 2017 8:18 pm

The landfills are NOT impressed!

and that was going to be my next question.

62 | May 7, 2017 8:22 pm

wait. May 7. Is today the anniversary of the Nazi surrender?

63 | May 7, 2017 8:24 pm

wait. May 7. Is today the anniversary of the Nazi surrender?

yep

61. 64 | May 7, 2017 9:38 pm

wait. May 7. Is today the anniversary of the Nazi surrender?

yep

V E day.

65 | May 7, 2017 9:39 pm

wait. May 7. Is today the anniversary of the Nazi surrender?

yep

We had one of our new Level III inmates at the intake committee last month. When it was time for him to sign and date some forms, he asked what the date was. We told him it was April 20th.

“Ah…Hitler’s birthday,” he said.

Nobody was sure how to respond to that…

63. 66 | May 7, 2017 9:41 pm

OK, back to watching the very weird “American God’s” TV series.

67 | May 7, 2017 11:10 pm

dorian have you heard anything about your trees dying?

His initial estimate is that just one particularly dangerous menace — the polyphagous shot hole borer beetle — could kill as many as 27 million trees in Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties, including parts of the desert.

That’s roughly 38% of the 71 million trees in the 4,244 square mile urban region with a population of about 20 million people.

And that insect is just one of the imminent threats.

“Many of the trees we grow evolved in temperate climates and can’t tolerate the stress of drought, water restrictions, higher salinity levels in recycled water, wind and new pests that arrive almost daily via global trade and tourism, local transportation systems, nurseries and the movement of infected firewood,” he said.

68 | May 7, 2017 11:57 pm

Torn — which spoiled them. … and of all the coincidences, it was only the LePen ballots that were spoiled. In multiple places and multiple ballots in families. (Think it was on WZ last night, may have been GP or Breitbart)

69 | May 8, 2017 12:02 am

So much for the French

Well, isn’t that interesting. No wonder the press was forbidden from reporting on the contents of the leaks. Couldn’t have treason getting in the way of an election now, could they?

70 | May 8, 2017 12:20 am

So much for the French

Yup.

Funny how that works.

It’s always the right / Nationalist’s ballots that get torn and never the Progressives / Globalist’s ballots.

Globalists demand that they win no matter what. Democracy is a mere peccadillo to be swept away the next morning.

The fate of democracy is eventually always tyranny. Being a Republic often delays the inevitable for a while but Progressive globalist forces will always cheat to win and once they have won … who needs elections anymore?

Noe the progressive glob lists can get down to their real agenda. De-populating the globe so that only Progressive elites and the technologists running the robot automated factories survive.

From the lips of a covert elitist cabinet minister himself. “There will be only 500 million human beings on Earth by the end of this century.”

71 | May 8, 2017 2:57 am

Deplorable Macker wrote:

All I can do here is ask for yinz’ help. Thank you very, very much!

I am unsure what the protocol is in the US with a lost Passport but I do know how the Canadian system works.

Please advise your friend to immediately inform the Canadian Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as the Ministry of Internal Affairs (who actually handle the issue of Passports) of the loss. This is really serious as lost passports can be used by terrorists to gain entry to immigration systems.

Canadian Passports DO NOT BELONG to the individual to which they are issued. They remain the property of the CANADIAN Government. Your friend MUST inform the Canadian government of her loss and arrange for a replacement passport to be issued. That’ll cost her a couple of hundred dollars but it HAS to be reported NOW!
      I’m really sorry Macker but this has all of the hallmarks of a scam about it. Either someone advising your friend or a group of scammers sound as if they are active. Collecting funds is totally unnecessary to get a replacement passport and most importantly have the currently issued passport CANCELLED before it can be used for nefarious purposes.

Let me know how you fare.

Cheers.

72 | May 8, 2017 7:15 am

this shit better stop. yesterday

Ivanka Trump to Head Review of U.S. Role in Paris Climate Change Agreement

The industry campaign to stick with the Paris accord comes amid deep divisions in the Trump administration over the carbon-cutting agreement,” Bloomberg reported last month. “Both the president’s daughter, Ivanka Trump, and her husband, Jared Kushner, a White House special adviser, have urged the president to stay in the deal, along with Tillerson.”

“The decision to participate in next week’s U.N. climate talks shouldn’t be construed as a sign that Trump has decided to stay in the Paris pact,” a State Department official told the AP.

“To the contrary, the U.S. will be sending a ‘much smaller’ delegation than it has in years past, the official said, adding that they weren’t authorized to discuss specifics and requested anonymity from the AP.

73 | May 8, 2017 7:17 am

Le Pen will probably fail this time HOWEVER

one can only hope.

but i see england and america with perhaps iceland and maybe ireland getting a bit closer and hangin at the cool kids table.

frankly, me and mrs coldwarrior have struck all of the europe off of the travel list as we have no wont to travel to a muslem shithole.

perhaps greenland….

74 | May 8, 2017 7:36 am

perhaps greenland….

The Holy Land? Not just Israel, but Petra is definitely on my bucket list

75 | May 8, 2017 7:39 am

Speaking of Macron: Katie Hopkins was on Fox. She is in Paris and she listened to Macron’s speech while at the Louvre. One of the things he wants to do is pay people 15k euros to do nothing – go to museums, movies, etc.

That takes care of the chronically unemployed – until they want a raise, at least and THEN all hell will break lose. I wonder what moniker the press will give this crew – something like ‘cultural observers’ probably.

77 | May 8, 2017 8:50 am

@ Chicago Tribune
      yesterday at 4:30 pm a guy got gunned down by gang violence in Chicago.
      By 5:20 pm there was a spontaneous memorial gathering at the scene. So wouldn’t you know the gang shot up the crowd. It is tragic, but there is some dark humor.

74. 78 | May 8, 2017 8:52 am

So if he wants to pay someone 15k Euros (about 16,400 US) to do nothing, then could they work part time & keep that full 15k, or would it be cut dollar for dollar? My full time pay last year, with bonuses, was a bit over 30k. If I could do that by only putting in part time work…

God help us if someone like Bernie or ‘Lies Like Rug’ Warren ever got something like that pushed through here, we’d never get those SJW’s off the streets.

79 | May 8, 2017 9:15 am

@ Gateway Pundit
      Maxine Waters gets a standing O at the MTV Awards. You just know that some university is going to award her an honorary doctorate.

80 | May 8, 2017 9:48 am

I know nothing about French labor/welfare law. But this smells like something else – that idea they’ve been floating about giving everyone an income. Flat rate. Here, I think the figure is around $11K. Regardless of your employment status, age, etc. If you’re breathing, here, have some other people’s money.

77. 81 | May 8, 2017 11:20 am

Okay – it isn’t just ME apparently. I’m not a fan or either her OR her husband.

That being said eagles – FINALLY, over the weekend, caught up with last Sunday’s episode of BILLIONS. OMG – you weren’t kidding. I had the pizza and Corona and it didn’t disappoint. Going to watch yesterday’s episode tonight (I’m off work tomorrow) and catch up completely – have you seen it yet? Friend texted me thus: “BILLIONS: OMG! OMG! OMG!!”

I have a couple of real problems though with the “Gold Frog” episode, and I’m curious to see what you think (and if these are answered in the finale last night):

1. From the get-go, this looks like entrapment. BUT FOR Chuck’s interference (and for personal reasons), Bobby would have been nowhere NEAR the whole ICE fiasco.

2. So Chuck has completely LOST his trust fund and is, essentially, broke? Not to mention destroying Ira’s dreams of wealth. Oh and the other stockholders? The people in the dark in this? Yeah, I somehow don’t see the USA’s office escaping being a named defendant. Especially when it comes to light that Chuck’s WIFE had a short position.

Am I an awful person for actually rooting for Axe in this series?

And I just adore non-gender-specific Taylor. The completely calmness when dealing with the AUSA dickhead who tries to scare her is amazing. Behavior Dopey isn’t used to. While they’re all dancing on that report she signed on the car company prior to the stock sale, thinking that Axe used insider trading, if I recall correctly, Taylor told Bobby that the case could be made for the transaction based on the publicly available information.

If anything, I’ve enjoyed the second season more than the first.

78. 82 | May 8, 2017 12:02 pm

So could I work part time and keep the 11k on top of what I earned for actually being useful? Or is that taken away dollar for dollar as you perform real work?

83 | May 8, 2017 12:06 pm

hell, why not give everyone 100k?

84 | May 8, 2017 12:09 pm

helicopter money

85 | May 8, 2017 12:11 pm

this shit better stop. yesterday

Ivanka Trump to Head Review of U.S. Role in Paris Climate Change Agreement

i didnt vote for her or for that.

82. 86 | May 8, 2017 12:14 pm

Indeed – just because she’s First Daughter rather than First Lady doesn’t make a difference.

87 | May 8, 2017 12:18 pm

quite.

88 | May 8, 2017 12:33 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

just watch the golden frog episode. things that look like one thing then, turn out to be completely different once you have the next episode digested.

My personal opinion? The last person you want to be is Rhoades. Not because he’s pissed off Axe. Because he’s pissed off Lara and altho she doesn’t get it yet, she will – Wendy.

Go after Axe, you go after the father of Lara’s kids. That’s gonna kick in.

And Taylor is a phenom character. Brilliant.

89 | May 8, 2017 12:34 pm

oh yeah. Always root for Axe. Rhoades is a loser.

86. 90 | May 8, 2017 12:40 pm

Looks like single payer for California has crossed its first hurdle and is out of committee. Dems have supermajorities, and I’m racking my brain that for the Assembly at least, you have to get at least what – ONE vote from the opposition? Who knows – those clowns in Sacramento just jacked up our gasoline tax another 12 cents and raised our registration fees on our cars by another $175,000,000.

Wait’ll “single payer” California realized that the doctors in this state are going to retire, go into completely PRIVATE practice or form medical partnerships that preclude taking “Covered California.” Oh, and hey, it’s going to cover ILLEGALS too! Isn’t that great. Unless you make it part of the sales tax (which is already 10%), they’ll be getting themselves some spiffy FREE health care, since, contrary to the propaganda spouted by the libturds – they DO NOT PAY INCOME TAX.

And of course, thanks to no voter ID laws, the illegals will keep right on voting these dirtbags into office.

87. 91 | May 8, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks. To me, Axe is a smart cookie. He is one of the most SUSPICIOUS people there is. The fact that there is no questioning of how Boyd would have even gotten his hands on this information from the get-go. Or how Boyd isn’t worried about Axe visiting him on his prison work job.

And two things really had me suspicious: (1) Axe seemed to OVER react to Wendy getting in on the short position on ICE. Axe supposedly believed that it was Daddy Rhodes that was on the hook – he had some idea that Chuck used the blind trust. (2) that Axe PERSONALLY visited all of the “wheel cogs” that put the contamination scheme together.

I hope I have leftover pizza.
      I definitely have leftover beer. And limes

92 | May 8, 2017 1:02 pm

and watch out for that dweeb that Rhoades appointed assistant DA in the hope that he’d let Rhoades in the game. Unless he ends up dead, his honesty is going to be leveled at Rhoades.

89. 93 | May 8, 2017 1:05 pm

dorian have you heard anything about your trees dying?

And that insect is just one of the imminent threats.

Yup, been hearing about it literally for decades. Half of California’s legal residents come from the other 49 states. They move here and insist on keeping their environmental and weather notions from their home states. They insist on having beautiful green lawns and non native trees.

This has been going on for over a century. Prionus californicus is native to the entire west coast from Alaska to California. The trees that are native to the west coast have defenses against Prionus californicus, its not a particularly significant danger to native species.

However, as I said above, 53% of California’s legal residents are not native to California, and since the 1840 a very significant percent of these individuals have insisted on transplanting non native tree and shrubs species to California in an effort to make California more like where ever their homes were.

These non native species of trees and shrubs have no defense against Prionus californicus. Worse yet, Prionus californicus considers a great many of these non native species to be a all you can eat buffet and smorgasbord.

There is a great deal of truth to this article, but you really have to weigh the article on this one sentence. “Many of the trees we grow evolved in temperate climates and can’t tolerate the stress”. Translation: The non native species we introduced are at risk.

He then goes on to inform you that basically he is attempting to generate interest in this phenomena by fear mongering and hyperbole when he says, “and new pests that arrive almost daily via global trade and tourism“. The polyphagous shot hole borer beetle (Fusarium euwallacea) is native to Vietnam, and only effects about 8% of the tree’s in California. Over 200 tree species native to the west coast are actually immune to it.

So, again what this comes down to is we are talking about people who upset the natural ecosystem and are now worried about the new hybrid ecosystem that they created. There are only about 10 native species of trees in California that are susceptible to Fusarium euwallacea.

The biggest problem here isn’t that Fusarium euwallacea can’t be controlled, it can, the problem is, ignorance. The majority of that ignorance is arrogantly self inflicted ignorance.

If you insist on living in California, then you just ought to learn what the California native ecosystem really is and quit trying to turn it into Ohio, or Pennsylvania or Michigan or Wisconsin or whatever state it is that you were born in.

If you can’t live without the flora and fauna of your childhood home, then you should move back to wherever it was you grew up instead of creating an ecological disaster here by trying to transform California into wherever it was you grew up.

90. 94 | May 8, 2017 1:07 pm

I definitely have leftover beer. And limes

Then clearly you are doing it wrong… Just sayin…

91. 95 | May 8, 2017 1:24 pm

One of the things he wants to do is pay people 15k euros to do nothing

This IS NOT money to do NOTHING. This is money to very specifically not do SOMETHING. This is something known as the “Guaranteed Universal Income“, this is your “Do not riot and overthrow the Government” money.

The issue here is actually rather disturbing and complex. CNC automation in manufacturing and AI are literally reaching the point where 80% of all currently existing human forms of employment are threatened. There exist today machines that can replace 8 out of 10 human jobs.

Machines do not have to be paid, they don’t take sick days, they never demand higher pay or go on strike and they are far far less prone to making mistakes. About the only things they can’t do yet, is design or repair themselves. In a highly competitive business environment, you need to cut overhead and operating costs. Human employees are at the very top of the list of expendable cost liabilities.

So, now that you have eliminated 80% of the human workforce… How do you keep those highly unpredictable humans from rioting and burning your business to the ground?

You either kill them, or you pacify them. “Guaranteed Universal Income” is considered the path of least resistance in the pacification of those pesky humans that have become obsolete, redundant and annoying.

96 | May 8, 2017 1:38 pm

I know. That’s why I said ‘until they want a raise’ – in whatever form that may take

97 | May 8, 2017 1:39 pm

and thanks for the tree stuff, that was very enlightening.

94. 98 | May 8, 2017 1:42 pm

Yesterday was the prelude to a work day.
      Tonight is not. My HVAC guy needs to inspect the central air and I have another visit to the dentist. Plus I need to drop the new car off at the dealership to have the protective coating applied and pick up my loaner.

95. 99 | May 8, 2017 1:47 pm

and thanks for the tree stuff, that was very enlightening.

Like I said, its nothing new here. California’s natural ecosystem had a way of dealing with stuff like this. But retards intervened. Once upon a time the lack of water and regular wildfires kept invasive species in check.

But now, with 39 million people living here, we can’t let the wildfires burn, and the Marxist brain dread Eco-warrior’s won’t allow proper brush clearance, so, we are temporarily caught in a Catch-22 situation.

96. 100 | May 8, 2017 1:51 pm

Yesterday was the prelude to a work day.

ROTFLMAO… Oh come on… Don’t try to tell me that flyboy doesn’t know how to party like a Rock Star even on days that are preludes to a work day… Corona and Pizza are a pretty frickin awesome combination, but you should always have leftover Pizza, not left over Corona.

97. 101 | May 8, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh honey our Party like a Rock Star days done packed up and moved to another ZIP code. I used to be able to drink with the best of them. Now the next morning I feel like I’m recovering from major surgery!

I always thought when I developed an aversion to tequila shots that it marked my descent into middle age…..

102 | May 8, 2017 2:42 pm

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) told Al Jazeera that California is the model to “transform” the Democratic Party. From NTK Network:

Sanders pointed out that in California, “progressives are gradually taking over the Democratic Party.” He says that that is what he is trying to do now, by working with the Democratic Party. Sanders admitted that he might not succeed if the resistance to progressive ideals is too strong within the party, but he feels it’s the best chance right now that he has to save the planet.

i hope you’re very very successful

103 | May 8, 2017 2:47 pm

and i grew to appreciate good tequila in my early 40’s….

104 | May 8, 2017 2:48 pm

and i grew to appreciate good tequila in my early 40’s….

with guidance from some friends who are mexican LEGAL immigrants.

101. 105 | May 8, 2017 3:13 pm

It is scary what is happening to this state.
      What they really don’t get is that when people RETIRE, even the libs, they are selling their homes and getting out of California.

The Democrats have DESTROYED the State of California.
      Oh, and Bernie, is your game plan to lost Congressional seats as well. We used to have 53; we’re down to 51. I predict next count we’ll be down even more. The Baby Boomers are leaving.

106 | May 8, 2017 3:20 pm

The Baby Boomers are leaving.

oh I think you’ll have plenty of people.

they just won’t have any money. Except the Silicon Valley suckers.

103. 107 | May 8, 2017 3:21 pm

Ah, but you see my dear, drinking is a skill. Some people learn how and party like Rock Star’s, others Party like Rock Star’s and it kills them.

Please allow me to outline the rules for successfully partying like a Rock Star without it killing you.

1) Never drink on a full stomach, everything in your stomach will come up.

2) Never drink on an empty stomach, you will wish there was something to come up.

3) Do not drink more than 2oz of pure alcohol per hour that’s the absolute fastest your body can metabolize it. (That’s 4 Corona’s per hour, or roughly 3 shots of your favorite 80 proof liquor)

4) For every oz of alcohol you drink, you need to drink 4 oz of pure water. (pure water means water with absolutely nothing else in it)

5) The very last drink you have before going to bed should always be 8 oz of pure water chased by 4 regular strength aspirin.

These are actually pretty simple rules to follow, until you ignore rule number 3, then things get pretty dicey (remembering and abiding by rule 4 will help).

Rule 5 will cure a multitude of sins.

Hangovers are caused by a combination of dehydration and vascular constriction in the brain. The water before you go to bed will prevent the dehydration and the aspirin will reduce vascular constriction in your brain.

108 | May 8, 2017 3:27 pm

yeah, your liver still gets hammered.

I need a nap. later.

105. 109 | May 8, 2017 3:36 pm

coldwarrior’s dad (who genuinely happens to be a brilliant guy) was once pondering why so many professional musicians end up alcoholics and or drug addicts. So, coldwarriors asked me in passing (I don’t think he actually expected me to have an answer) why this was so, more or less echoing his dad’s question.

So, I explained it to him. Unlike the vast majority of people I have met in my life, cold’s dad grasped the explanation before cold had even finished giving my answer to him.

In a nutshell, it is this.

Imagine that your job involves you going someplace 5 night a week, where everyone you meet, and you meet thousands of people a night, insists on buying you a drink, and DRINKING it with you.

With the exception of the most ardent concert goers, most people only go to at most a show or 2 a month. Not a show 5 nights a week.

Imagine that part of your job, where everyone you meet wants to drink with you, involves making super nice with hundreds of people who will be insulted if you do not have a drink with them. And that their being insulted could very well cost you between ten of thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Imagine that this happens everywhere you go, 5 nights a week. Imagine that dozens of these people even follow you back to your hotel room every night and it takes you hours to get rid of them without it costing you tens of thousands of dollars doing so.

106. 110 | May 8, 2017 3:41 pm

yeah, your liver still gets hammered.

I need a nap. later.

If you can keep your alcohol consumption to 1 oz per hour while remembering to drink 4 oz of water in that same time, your liver will be just fine. Just don’t try to do 1 oz per hour 12 hours a day 7 days a week.

You can literally drink 2 pints of beer (or 2 glasses of wine) every single day of your life and it will not harm your liver in the slightest.

107. 111 | May 8, 2017 3:54 pm

It may come as a surprise to some, but, the human body generates roughly 1 oz of alcohol every day.

Endogenous ethanol production is the term for alcohol produced naturally within the body. Depending on the diet and other factors, up to about one ounce of pure alcohol can be produced within the body each day. That amount equals almost two standard drinks of beer, wine or liquor.

108. 112 | May 8, 2017 4:08 pm

Shhhh….careful, there, DG – Sacramento will find a way to slap us with an individual alcohol tax!

109. 113 | May 8, 2017 4:13 pm

Actually, I know about consuming great quanitiy of water and a tylenol before going to sleep after drinking. Dr. Cousin also advised that you should down about 8 oz. of ORANGE juice – the real thing – if you have it as the Vitamin C aids in the liver’s ability to process.

Eagles – you know what I wish existed? A Netflix or Hulu type channel that was nothing but GOOD classic movies. There’s Turner Classic Movies, which is a nice commercial free channel, but man, you have to wade through some waiting for them to show a good one. I was really excited yesterday as I was thumbing through Amazon and saw “All About Eve” and was ready to watch it and it said “rent for 3.99.” What the HELL? Uh, NO.

114 | May 8, 2017 4:50 pm

I remember a story about a guy who almost lost everything. People thought he was a drunk but he swore he never touched the stuff. Turned out he had a weird condition that caused his body to produce yeast, which produced alcohol as a waste product. Can’t remember how the docs cured him.

111. 115 | May 8, 2017 4:53 pm

The problem is that as Califonians leave, their horrible ideas are taken to previously sane states.

116 | May 8, 2017 4:54 pm

diflucan most likely

113. 117 | May 8, 2017 5:22 pm

diflucan most likely

Its called Auto-brewery syndrome (Gut Fermentation Syndrome) and diflucan is one of the major medications use to treat it.

114. 118 | May 8, 2017 5:27 pm

Funny thing about that, being that 53% of “Californian’s” are from the other 49 states is, that that is precisely why California is so fucked up now, because they already had those stupid ass idea’s and brought them here.

But in typical imbecilic fashion, when their ideas produce disastrous results here, instead of leaving those ideas here and getting new ideas that don’t fuck everything up, they take those fucked up ideas with them and repeat the cycle over and over again. Giving California a unearned very bad name in the process.

115. 119 | May 8, 2017 5:37 pm

Why did 20 million American’s all move to California from their home states?

California is the 6th most powerful economy on earth (Its also insanely beautiful with amazing weather).

1) They came here for the MONEY.
      2) They came for the weather.
      3) They came here for the politics.
      4) They came here for the MONEY.
      5) They came here for the MONEY.

And finally, (no really)

6) They came here for the MONEY….

120 | May 8, 2017 5:55 pm

ok, this could be fun

The World’s Fastest Camera Shoots Five Trillion Photos Every Second

At those speeds, events that take place in as little as 0.2 trillionths of a second can be documented and studied at a speed that humans can comprehend. To help demonstrate just how fast that really is, the researchers used the new camera to film a group of photons traveling about as far as a piece of paper is thick, making it seem as if the light particles were barely moving, instead of racing past at 671 million miles per hour.

121 | May 8, 2017 5:56 pm

Its called Auto-brewery syndrome (Gut Fermentation Syndrome)

how does that even happen? That’s some strange gut bacteria

122 | May 8, 2017 6:04 pm

The World’s Fastest Camera Shoots Five Trillion Photos Every Second

dorian read that article. Remember when you posed the problem, something like ‘how do you measure something that has a dimension of X when your tool is 2x?’. Look at how they did this.

119. 123 | May 8, 2017 6:29 pm

The World’s Fastest Camera Shoots Five Trillion Photos Every Second

Doesn’t solve that problem. This is a velocity issue, not one of relative sizes. Which is not to say that this isn’t really cool. The problem I posited was one of using something the size of a medicine ball to measure/image an object the size of a bb.

Relativisticly speaking, (the photon), what we are using to do the measuring/imaging is the size of a medicine ball, compared to the object we are trying to measure/image, (a neutrino) which is the size of a bb.

124 | May 8, 2017 6:37 pm

This is a velocity issue,

*thud*

125 | May 8, 2017 6:54 pm

One of the things he wants to do is pay people 15k euros to do nothing

The GUI is coming to a nation State near you soon. Actually it’s the GUI linked to the UEP (universal entertainment payment) or even the DBA (Don’t breed anymore) subsidy. The plan is, and I’m not kidding folks, is to provide addictive entertainment that precludes most breeding and soaks up time otherwise spent rioting and burning stuff down. Don’t forget that India and China are only 1 generation behind Europe in depopulating (due to skewed one child and abortion aided gender selection policies), with SE Asia and South America just 1 1/2 generations behind and Africa no more than 2 generations behind.

No more denial folks . This is the 3:15 express coming fast. As far as automation is concerned I can’t whole agree. Machines need major capital expense establishing them. They need regular servicing & maintenance and although they do not have to be paid, don’t take sick days, never demand higher pay or go on strike and are far far less prone to making mistakes, AI, CNC, 3D printing, and machine aided fabrication, need replacing and designing with all that goes with that. Sure 70-80% of human jobs can be done by machines, including service industries as well but there will be a load of new jobs that people can undertake. Actually human input will be the new form of high value product placement.

during the population ‘hump’ the required jobs will vastly outstrip human workers. China is already suffering a shortage of human staff at a rate of 5 million a year, slowed only by the growth of automation.

The trick is getting the Yin & Yang of human input aligned with the growth on automation. Smaller populated nation Stats will have a less complex scheduling problem to overcome. If a company produces high value guaranteed healthy non destructive products they can reliably ask a higher premium and keep the balancing trick …. balanced. The larger and more complex the nation State’s society the harder the balance becomes and the more prone to violent uprisings… and burning stuff.

126 | May 8, 2017 7:01 pm

The World’s Fastest Camera Shoots Five Trillion Photos Every Second

Just use a shorter wavelength.

Like the electron microscope

Relativistically speaking it’s not about size anyway, but gravity wave field dynamics

Quantum Gravity Fields … ROCKZ !

127 | May 8, 2017 7:02 pm

ut there will be a load of new jobs that people can undertake.

yep. a lot of people used to make buggy whips. One of the cooking mags I read now and then, Cooks Illustrated, has a section called “What is this?” People send in photos of tools they found at an estate sale or flea market and they have no clue. It’s usually something no one uses anymore, like something to remove hair from a scalded hog carcass.

128 | May 8, 2017 7:04 pm

Its called Auto-brewery syndrome (Gut Fermentation Syndrome)

how does that even happen? That’s some strange gut bacteria

Buuuuurp… Faaaaaaart !

I rests me case Mee’lud!

129 | May 8, 2017 7:05 pm

Where there is fermentation … there goes CO2.

CO2 cannot be denied and will ‘out’ one end or the other.

130 | May 8, 2017 7:08 pm

This went up about an hour ago.

Gare du Nord being evacuated

131 | May 8, 2017 7:09 pm

Or the rapidly approaching problem of mounting Horse-shit on NYC streets. By 1925 it was reliably forecast NYC would become uninhabitable because of the growth in the horse-shit removal and street cleansing requirements.

The Luddites of 1890 forgot to factor in the arrival of the car and lorry.

We haven’t learned from that and many previous dud forecasts of impending doom. Malthus was a bastard futurist.

132 | May 8, 2017 7:12 pm

This went up about an hour ago.

Gare du Nord being evacuated

WOW !

That didn’t take long.

Expect 5 years of French decline, legislative obfuscation, riots, muslim attacks, frustration, and blame games. Roll on the 2022 French Presidential elections.

Viva la Marion Le Pen

133 | May 8, 2017 7:17 pm

Expect 5 years of French decline

I doubt it. Merkel is going to breast feed Marcon. The little punk started making noises about imposing sanctions on Poland for refusing to take refugees before he was elected. In the pantheon of people the EUweenies love to despise, the Poles are second only to the Jews.

134 | May 8, 2017 7:21 pm

blame games.

Ah. There was an interesting caller into Rush’s show today. French. He said the French people have NO idea of the scale of Muslim attacks being carried out in their country, because the media don’t report them. The big ones, yes. He cited an interview a French journalist gave to the Guardian a couple years ago bragging about it.

But my thinking was – don’t they have the internet? OTOH, if you are the French corollary of the American whose primary news source is the New York Times, then, yep, you’re clueless.

135 | May 8, 2017 7:29 pm

Yup !

The French ARE clueless as the average American.

But THAT was the plan all along by our ‘betters’ .

Distraction and pandering to lowest common denominator social cues is where it’s at.

The ‘if it doesn’t exist’ if it doesn’t personally impact me, generation is becoming the norm globally. Clueless little ‘wobbles’ toddling off stage left just as planned.

136 | May 8, 2017 7:32 pm

Meanwhile the Visegrad Group ,Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Slovenia plus the Balts and even the Nordics, at a push, discuss post EU Cohesion Policy after 2020s

137 | May 8, 2017 7:34 pm

Now the Hungarians are raising their collective hands and telling Visegrad Group… ” Pick me… pick me”

138 | May 8, 2017 7:45 pm

wait – I thought that was poland, hungary, Czech – and I forget the 4th but Romania and Croatia? what are they doing there?

and what’s significant about 2020?

139 | May 8, 2017 8:07 pm

I am guessing that by the 2020s the Poles figure that the EU will be a historic relic and they will be on their own facing a hungry looking Russia. Hence the gathering of a collective defence group that mimics a NATO (East) faction exposed as they are on the North European plain with nothing but their wits and neighbourlyness to keep them warm at night.

140 | May 8, 2017 8:10 pm

That’s pretty much the backstory in Christopher Nuttall’s sci fi series The Emperor’s Corps. During the first book in the series, Earth is destroyed by a cataclysmic collapse of the massive system of orbital habitats that had been circling the planet, which was where most of the industry was (and where the elites lived). Pretty much everyone who lived on the surface was a useless drone, who lived in these massive apartment blocks, were fed algae-based rations, and spent all their time watching inane entertainment on TV.

The only people from the surface who had a chance to make anything of their lives were those who joined the Imperial Marines (the subject of the books) or those who were able to move to colony worlds.

137. 141 | May 8, 2017 8:14 pm

The World’s Fastest Camera Shoots Five Trillion Photos Every Second

Just use a shorter wavelength.

Like the electron microscope

Quantum Gravity Fields … ROCKZ !

We are already using the shortest wavelength currently available (1×10-13 m) What Electron Force Microscopes use. Quantum Gravitational Waves, are about size. Disruptions in the Higg’s field are directly proportional to the mass of the object disrupting the local Higg’s field.

Wave propagation is the square inverse of the Ricci Tensor divided by PiR2*dt/at over x (that somewhere in the general neighborhood of 1×10-24 m). Here is where the problem arises. Gravitational Waves, are currently measured at 1×10-6 m degrees of deflection of photons over miles.

Electrons do not (as far as we know or can prove) directly interact with Gravitons. Vibrations of the Higg’s field do not produce corresponding vibrations in any known electromagnetic field. This means that the only currently known method of detecting a Gravitational Wave is through the F*dt/dx over hbar derivative of the waves sin causing photon deflection. (it also suggests that the frequency of gravitational waves might be in the light years.)

Which means…. Based on our current understanding of Quantum Gravitational Field Theory, we can’t use gravitational waves to image anything.

138. 142 | May 8, 2017 8:34 pm

I expect rape & molestation to go through the roof as these ‘refugees’ are welcomed with open arms. And wallets. We’ll see larger areas of Paris turned in to ‘no go’ zones. As Muslims get elected to office, there will be a push for bans on alcohol, including wine. Certain parts of the city will have Sharia law imposed, dogs will be banned (or killed). The famous nude beaches will have zealots running around throwing acid on unclad women.

So long, Paris! Au Revoir France! Other parts of Europe will follow, or even lead.

143 | May 8, 2017 8:47 pm

Only for the next 5 years. After which normal services will be restored!

144 | May 8, 2017 8:51 pm

Awww come on Dorian. If you must bullshit then bullshit with style.

Stuff like …

… just doesn’t cut it. Frequency is measured in Hertz NOT lightyears, which is a distance.

Bullshit must be standardised to be effective mate!

145 | May 8, 2017 8:59 pm

Only for the next 5 years. After which normal services will be restored!

I dunno. We could entice our liberals to move there maybe. They’d make good EUnuchs.

146 | May 8, 2017 9:09 pm

wow. I never thought of this. There is something that makes Trump very different from European leaders; Theresa May, Angela Merkel, Emmanuel Marcon, Paolo Gentiloni. NONE of them has children.

trump has 5

143. 147 | May 8, 2017 9:22 pm

Awww come on Dorian. If you must bullshit then bullshit with style.

Stuff like …

Bullshit must be standardised to be effective mate!

1 Hertz = 186282.3 mile wave length. That’s the distance from sin-wave peak to sin-wave trough. Gravitational waves have a frequency of around 1×10−21 hertz (aka 1 zeta-hertz). So, yea, that puts their wave length in light-years.

148 | May 8, 2017 9:25 pm

Q: What’s the difference between Donald Trump and a reform, liberal, secular Jew?

A: Donald Trump has Jewish grandchildren.

h/t DavidHis10000

145. 149 | May 8, 2017 9:25 pm

This is what makes detecting gravitational waves so damned difficult, they literally take years for the wave to pass from peak to trough.

146. 150 | May 8, 2017 9:30 pm

The amplitude, as I said about, is about 1×10-6m.

151 | May 8, 2017 9:36 pm

Yup, France made a fatal choice yesterday. They elected a guy who believes that ther is no French culture, and
      that he has NEVER seen Frech art. The guy believes in multi-culturalism rather than the culture and safety of
      his countrymen. Shades of Obama.

148. 152 | May 8, 2017 9:45 pm

his countrymen. Shades of Obama.

The Pale Rider is taking is horse for a stroll through the European countryside.

153 | May 8, 2017 9:56 pm

his countrymen. Shades of Obama.

Indeed, a return to the Dark Ages. Ignorance and violent repression will follow courtesy of the new guests.
      But the guests want to run things.

150. 154 | May 8, 2017 9:57 pm

I’d also suggest farmers lock up their goats.

155 | May 8, 2017 10:00 pm

I’d also suggest farmers lock up their goats.

Yeah date night is going to look different.

156 | May 8, 2017 10:00 pm

Good night all.

157 | May 8, 2017 10:08 pm

oh dear. It looks like Macron tried to get something like the Dallas Cheerleaders.

FAIL

158 | May 8, 2017 10:17 pm

FAIL

It was better when Tony Stark did it:

155. 159 | May 8, 2017 10:21 pm

Stark is cool, Macron, not so much.

160 | May 8, 2017 10:24 pm

Stark is cool, Macron, not so much.

Macron should try jumping out of the back of a C-130

161 | May 8, 2017 10:33 pm

w/o the chute

162 | May 8, 2017 10:33 pm

Awww come on Dorian. If you must bullshit then bullshit with style.

Stuff like …

Bullshit must be standardised to be effective mate!

Yes I get the wavelength but you specifically suggested that the frequency is measured in Light-years and you know that that is bullshit as well as me.

velocity = wavelength * frequency

I’ll leave it to you to crunch the actual numbers because my calculator overloaded!

163 | May 8, 2017 10:36 pm

w/o the chute

Stark didn’t have a chute

164 | May 8, 2017 10:36 pm

It was better when Tony Stark did it:

oh jeez. that DOES look like what they tried to copy

165 | May 8, 2017 10:37 pm

Stark didn’t have a chute

didn’t need one. come to think of it, probably didn’t need the C-130 either.

166 | May 8, 2017 10:39 pm

Stark didn’t have a chute

didn’t need one. come to think of it, probably didn’t need the C-130 either.

He didn’t. But it made for a great entrance. Especially the original version. Not sure why they cut it.

167 | May 8, 2017 10:39 pm

FAIL

Moulin Rouge it ain’t !

More like Dallas cowgirls or some Sunset Strip strippers doing a toned down number to hype the adoring denizens of the Prog left.

164. 168 | May 8, 2017 10:41 pm

Awww come on Dorian. If you must bullshit then bullshit with style.

Stuff like …

Bullshit must be standardised to be effective mate!

velocity = wavelength * frequency

It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy.

169 | May 8, 2017 10:43 pm

170 | May 8, 2017 10:50 pm

Stark didn’t have a chute

didn’t need one. come to think of it, probably didn’t need the C-130 either.

I still can’t get it when Stark dives towards the venue and then at the last minute pulls up and lands on his feet. He must have been pulling about a gazzilion Gs
      …. and not a hair out of place.

Whata man !

HEH!

171 | May 8, 2017 10:52 pm

He must have been pulling about a gazzilion Gs
      …. and not a hair out of place.

It’s the suit, Aussie. Clothes make the man.

172 | May 8, 2017 10:55 pm

that was GREAT!!

173 | May 8, 2017 11:09 pm

He must have been pulling about a gazzilion Gs
      …. and not a hair out of place.

It’s the suit, Aussie. Clothes make the man.

HEH!

I’ve worn G suits in the past ………..or suffered Gs, greyed out, tunnel vision, blacked out …….but that Tony Stark G suit must have been a doozie. I guarantee what when the bladders expanded it totally cut off ALL circulation to everywhere including his brain.

Man I have to get me one of them there iron G suits. What a set of threads!

174 | May 8, 2017 11:17 pm

heh. Looks like Merkel is training her cub. I was confused during the election because I read Macron promised to get a debt sharing agreement from Merkel. Which I THOUGHT I recalled was verboten in one of the numerous treaties that has defined the EU, but it’s been awhile since I read that stuff.

Anyhoo, Germany DESTROYS new French leader’s Eurobond debt plan

They’ll be calling him Micron any day now.

175 | May 8, 2017 11:21 pm

I think you’re making assumptions about the engineering. It probably has it’s own gravity field, etc. I know I have mine, but I’m special.

176 | May 8, 2017 11:22 pm

but I’m special.

I’m also going to bed. nite

177 | May 8, 2017 11:51 pm

Ahhh yes my dear. That’s why we all orbit around you!

HEH!