• Live From New Mexico, It’s Saturday Night!

by lobo91 ( 99 Comments › )
    Filed under Entertainment, Music, Open thread at July 14th, 2018 - 8:45 pm

Just kidding. All that’s “live” here right now is thunderstorms.

How about a recent Ally Venable Band show, instead? This was recorded on 5/28/18 at the High Octane Saloon in Homosassa, FL:

Comments

99 Responses to “Live From New Mexico, It’s Saturday Night!”

1. 1 | July 14, 2018 9:21 pm

Got some work today doing HVAC (Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning). Went up in an attic that was 120 degrees, nearly died from heat stroke, but I made a couple hundred bucks. So I’m calling it all good.

2. 2 | July 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Perhaps a little Joe Bonamassa – Sloe Gin in celebration.

3 | July 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Small business idea.

I have this app called Nextdoor.com that links up too many subdivisions and neighbors that I don’t want to know. The most requested thing everyone ( who is about 40 plus years) whines about is “if I cut my cable, what do I use? It’s soooo confusing.”

So, for those what to be entrepreneurs, offer a turnkey service to set up a digital antenna and an external Roku and walk the customer the set up process on the Roku for Sling, Netflix, etc….

Easy money for those who are tech challenged.

4 | July 14, 2018 9:35 pm

Her’s an example

“”Cutting Cord from COMCAST
      Ready to leave these criminals, Will not pay $100+ a month anymore! Can anyone tell me if these antennae you can purchase (once) really work? Don’t know what to do. Don’t understand how this works. Feel like I’m a Martian who just landed on earth.
      Is there one kind, patient soul out there who can advise me?””

5 | July 14, 2018 9:39 pm

I hardly watch any regular TV anymore. I still watch a few network shows, but not on cable. I use the different network apps and such, along with Roku and Graboid.

6 | July 14, 2018 9:46 pm

People around here, and I’m sure they are not unique in any state, don’t know what to use to watch movies or TV if they cut cable. They are confused and are willing to pay for a service to come on in to their home and set something up that cuts their monthly cable costs.

Every week I see people trying to cut out cable but not sure how to set up a basic Netflix account.

I see a small niche market.

7 | July 14, 2018 10:33 pm

I am too busy to watch TV.

Just took me three hours to cook supper.

8. 8 | July 15, 2018 12:00 am

I see a small niche market.

That’s a bit trickier than you might think. A lot of places, AT&T, Cox are very unfriendly about providing internet only access. No Netflix or Amazon Prime without internet access.

Unless you are talking about some digital antenna I am unaware of, then digital antenna’s only receive, ergo, digital television broadcast signals, no internet.

Cutting the cable isn’t difficult, provided you live somewhere that you have access to an internet provider that doesn’t require you to also have television access.

This is what the huge AT&T purchase of of Time Warner Cable is really all about. I’m not sure there is much of a market here where I live for this, since 70 percent of the people here are on Satellite and we have the option of internet only satellite or bundled TV and satellite.

But ya, I could do this pretty much in my sleep if there is a market for it here. Not sure how much I could charge for it though, since the satellite internet provider would be doing 85 percent of the work.

Once the customer has switched to internet access only, then hocking up Netflix, Hulu, Pluto and Amazon is just signing up for the services.

We just unplugged ourselves here. My brother was paying for internet and TV, and nobody was watching the TV, so I told him, cut the damned cord. You already have Netflix and Hulu, that all you watch. The I found him Pluto for the local news.

$30.00 dollars a month for Netflix, Hulu and Pluto, beats the hell out of $90.00 a month for 8 channels nobody ever watches. Internet is still $100.00 a month, but like I said, $130.00 a month beats $190.00 hands down.

9. 9 | July 15, 2018 12:07 am

Possum wrote:

I am too busy to watch TV.

Just took me three hours to cook supper.

It would have only taken 20 minutes, if you didn’t insist on cooking with your feet while trying to dance a waltz while arm wrestling with the cat while drinking whiskey through a straw into your nose and painting a reproduction of the Mona Lisa with a brush held in your mouth while only using the color purple.

10 | July 15, 2018 12:25 am

Ok, here’s another need I see in Nextdoor.com that people can’t seem to fix on their own or find a nearby shop to fix for them – lawnmowers, edgers, weed wakers, and blowers. Most are gas powered 2cylinder engine doodads (and, I’m not sure if they are even legal in California anymore) that go to the garage sale pile and are replaced by new doodads because it’s easier than finding someone to fix them.

My neighbor has made a living out of repairing these things, and selling off stuff people don’t feel like getting repaired. He makes it easy, text me your address, I’ll get it, fix it, return it and charge you a fair price.

Anyways, just a few ideas out your way, Dorian. Not sure if they are useful.

11. 11 | July 15, 2018 12:31 am

If I can get this HVAC gig going full time, I’m golden. Got paid $100.00 dollars an hour today. Even out here in California, that’s damned good money.

12 | July 15, 2018 12:42 am

Capictors seem to be the thing that goes out here the most – cheap fix if you are a do it yourself type.

Most people are not, so easy money for you.

Good job on employing yourself!

13 | July 15, 2018 12:43 am

And, darn you for not correcting me. 2 cycle engine things, not 2 cylinder.

14 | July 15, 2018 12:46 am

She’s right about that. Particularly with the oxygenated fuels, the thing that goes wrong most of the time is just the carburetor getting gunked up by deteriorating rubber and plastic gaskets. New carbs for 4 stroke mower-class engines are around $12 to $20. A little bit of time and you are back in business.

15 | July 15, 2018 12:48 am

Ethanol in the gas KILLS those little engines.

best to find an ethanol-free provider in your area.

16 | July 15, 2018 12:52 am

Exactly, and thus, more business for the niche entrepreneur since most people are too busy making their lawns pretty than they have time to hunt for ethanol free gas in their neighborhood.

17 | July 15, 2018 1:45 am

Ethanol in the gas KILLS those little engines.

best to find an ethanol-free provider in your area.

I’ve found that what works for me is to run the engine, then when done, instead of shutting it off, shut off the gas and let the carburetor run dry. Starts right up the next time. Before I did that, it would take significant effort to get the engine to start the next time.

18 | July 15, 2018 10:04 am

Greetings and salutations and Waaaaaaazup?
      We watched the Boondock Saints for the third Tim on Netflix last night.
      I haven’t seen it in years, and better than I remember. Treat yourself and watch it.

19. 20 | July 15, 2018 11:37 am

And, darn you for not correcting me. 2 cycle engine things, not 2 cylinder.

Don’t look at me, I don’t know nothin bout them little dinky things. They run on voodoo and unicorn farts as far as I can tell.

21 | July 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Ze French have won Ze World Cup mon amis!
      What, they forgot to surrender?

22 | July 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Check out the roster for their team.

Those are some odd French names…

23 | July 15, 2018 3:03 pm

colonials

24 | July 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Hummmm…….

Thinking about getting a qualification that may get me a job that will at least feed me and pay the rent.

108 hour course costs $795

Seriously considering at least getting the qualification.

25 | July 15, 2018 4:13 pm

Check out the roster for their team.

Those are some odd French names…

LOL now I understand why there were so many references to the French tit on the team…

Alphonse Areola

26 | July 15, 2018 4:18 pm

And, darn you for not correcting me. 2 cycle engine things, not 2 cylinder.

Calo has a valid point though. Too much stuff is just thrown away instead of being fixed.

Even if the stringy pull start cord breaks they are a nightmare to replace.

Once you let that evil thin steel spring out of its cage there is no getting it back in there.

Unless you have skills. Took me several years to get it down.

26. 27 | July 15, 2018 4:34 pm

Possum wrote:

Took me several years to get it down.

Would have taken you 20 minutes… If you hadn’t insisted on using your tail to rewind the spring, while walking on a tightrope, juggling bowling balls dressed in a Tutu, sipping champagne out of a glass slipper singing “God Save the Queen” in three part harmony all at the same time, while eating cheese and crackers with peanut-butter from a fruit cup while knitting Calo a new shawl.

27. 28 | July 15, 2018 4:37 pm

By the way, how did that shawl come out?

29 | July 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Possum wrote:

Took me several years to get it down.

Actually for years I was trying to wind it back in there under tension. Put the tightly coiled beast back in the cage.

Then I realised that I could get it back in its cage while it was asleep then when I got the cage door shut then spin the fucker around and tension it.

30 | July 15, 2018 4:45 pm

By the way, how did that shawl come out?

Gave it to her, her eyes watered and she sneezed into it and said ” Thank you! ”

Damn metric to inches strikes again. It was 6 inches square. I knitted it in meters. She thought it was a handkerchief

30. 31 | July 15, 2018 4:50 pm

Possum wrote:

Damn metric to inches strikes again.

Sigh… Tell me about it. Company I used to work for crashed a rover into Mars over that exact same damn issue. Fortunately that was before I worked for them, cause if I had been there at the time, you damn well know I would have gotten the blame.

Hell, my brothers father in law is still blaming me for nearly blinding the Hubble Telescope and I never did work for COI.

32 | July 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Possum wrote:

Damn metric to inches strikes again.

Last night I was cooking a meal. Did the grams to ounces and cups shit. Got very close I think.

Obviously I was enjoying a nice glass of wine while preparing food.

LOL. Now what temperature to cook and how long?

Standard for me… 450F and until I smell burning.

( note, an oven is like a woman, she tells lies, she does not do what you tell her to do. You say 325F and she says “yes dear” and cremates your food. You say broil at 500F and 3 hours later your fish sticks are still frozen )

A woman is like an oven.

I do not trust either one of them.

33 | July 15, 2018 5:26 pm

I remember buying British packaged food items at the grocery store in Kuwait, only to realize that I had no clue how to cook them. The directions would say stuff like “gas setting 3” or something, rather than a temperature or simply high, medium or low.

33. 34 | July 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Possum wrote:

I do not trust either one of them.

Calo is now laughing her ass off… and plotting her revenge. Not because you said anything about her specifically, but… Because… Just sayin…

34. 35 | July 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Silly Lobo… British cooling is sooo easy… First you drink a couple of pints of bitter… Then you put the food in the oven… Once it burns to a crisp, you call the local pizza shop. Its all good… Oh… and then you drink a couple more pints of bitter and complain that the directions were unclear.

36 | July 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Yep, you need a math degree to cook British food in the USA.

And do not even get me started at the what elevation are you!

36. 37 | July 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Possum wrote:

Yep, you need a math degree to cook British food in the USA.

And do not even get me started at the what elevation are you!

Bah… a 3 year old can cook British food

1) peels 5 potatoes
      2) cut up 1 onion
      3) peels 7 carrots
      4) dump 2 lbs (1 kilo) of beef in pot
      5) drink 2 pints of bitter
      6) look at the mess in the kitchen, decide the newspaper is more interesting
      7) drink 2 more pints of bitter
      9) check to make sure all the water hasn’t all boiled out yet, add another pint
      8) drink another 2 pints
      9) force yourself to eat what you cooked so it doesn’t go to waste
      10) drink another 2 pints.

37. 38 | July 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Possum wrote:

Yep, you need a math degree to cook British food in the USA.

And do not even get me started at the what elevation are you!

Bah… a 3 year old can cook British food

1) peels 5 potatoes
      2) cut up 1 onion
      3) peels 7 carrots
      4) dump 2 lbs (1 kilo) of beef in pot
      5) drink 2 pints of bitter
      6) look at the mess in the kitchen, decide the newspaper is more interesting
      7) drink 2 more pints of bitter
      9) check to make sure all the water hasn’t all boiled out yet, add another pint
      8) drink another 2 pints
      9) force yourself to eat what you cooked so it doesn’t go to waste
      10) drink another 2 pints.

11) spend 2 hours debating what to do with the potatoes, carrots and onions you forget to put in with the beef.

12) say fuck it, and drink another 2 pints.

39 | July 15, 2018 5:50 pm

I had enough trouble with the fact that our kitchen appliances were marked in Celsius, so I had to do math even when cooking American food

39. 40 | July 15, 2018 5:51 pm

Possum wrote:

Yep, you need a math degree to cook British food in the USA.

And do not even get me started at the what elevation are you!

Bah… a 3 year old can cook British food

1) peels 5 potatoes
      2) cut up 1 onion
      3) peels 7 carrots
      4) dump 2 lbs (1 kilo) of beef in pot
      5) drink 2 pints of bitter
      6) look at the mess in the kitchen, decide the newspaper is more interesting
      7) drink 2 more pints of bitter
      9) check to make sure all the water hasn’t all boiled out yet, add another pint
      8) drink another 2 pints
      9) force yourself to eat what you cooked so it doesn’t go to waste
      10) drink another 2 pints.

12) say fuck it, and drink another 2 pints.

And if you really want the full British experience,

13) Spend at least 2 days complaining about the asshole who didn’t tell you you were out of mustard.

41 | July 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Anti-Trump Paraglider Who Buzzed Trump Visit Arrested in Britain

This guy does know below par is GOOD, right?

42 | July 15, 2018 6:04 pm

he was presenting his new film The Man Who Killed Don Quixote, Gilliam said: “It made me cry: the idea that … no longer six white Oxbridge men can make a comedy show. Now we need one of this, one of that, everybody represented… this is bullshit. I no longer want to be a white male, I don’t want to be blamed for everything wrong in the world: I tell the world now I’m a black lesbian… My name is Loretta and I’m a BLT, a black lesbian in transition.”

43 | July 15, 2018 8:21 pm

Possum wrote:

Took me several years to get it down.

Sounds as if you have all the qualifications you need mate.

You know how to fix two strokes including the fiendish spring turn mechanisms. On the side you can replace ethanol effected seals and grummets and get those little engines going again. There are millions of two stroke motors about in various iterations. Leaf blowers, snow blowers, mowers, even UAVs. On the side you can source ethanol free gas and provide a supply service.

Every ‘fix-it service needs a background consumables supply service to form the solid base on which to build your company. Franchising anyone?

That is where the real $$$$ are mate!

44 | July 15, 2018 8:26 pm

You obviously need a programable calculator. They are as cheap as chips now that everyone has cells and computers. Just a wee bit of simple programming and voila. C to F to C,as well as Kg to Lbs to KG, MPH to KPH to MPH etc.

I even think someone has done it all for you but can’t remember the brand of calculator.

45 | July 15, 2018 8:26 pm

The Syrian Arab Army’s shock troops have moved from the Daraa Governorate to the Al-Quneitra front, following the military’s recent achievements in southwest Syria.

According to the official Facebook of Colonel Nizar Qindi, his elite shock troops from the 9th Division have moved to the Al-Quneitra Governorate, today, after a short deployment in the Daraa Governorate.

The 9th Division has operated in the Al-Quneitra Governorate before, but they were later redeployed to the Damascus and Daraa fronts to aid in those offensives.

Also redeploying alongside the 9th Division was the National Defense Forces (NDF) of Al-Sweida, Damascus, and Izraa.

These reinforcements should give the Syrian Arab Army and their allies a major military boost in the Al-Quneitra Governorate, as they make their final preparations for this operation.

In the coming days, the Syrian Army is expected to kickoff their long-awaited Al-Quneitra offensive, as they look to conclude their southwest Syria operations before month’s end.

The National Defense Forces (NDF) referred to in the statement are a collection of militias that the Syrian regime set up in 2012, organized by Iran and Hezbollah.

While Israel’s army is struggling to deal with the increasing tensions on the Gaza border, the army is also facing the possibility of a northern war with Iran and Hezbollah along the border with Syria.

It’s quite possible that Israel’s army is not prepared for a two-front war. This could explain Saturday evening’s abrupt announcement of military exercises in cities across Israel.

Syria’s Quneitra offensive is expected to begin within the next two days, before or during the summit between Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

HMMmmmm

46 | July 15, 2018 8:38 pm

can’t remember the brand of calculator.

google

47 | July 15, 2018 8:39 pm

It’s quite possible that Israel’s army is not prepared for a two-front war.

1. I don’t believe that.

2. If I’m wrong, we’re gonna be playing cowboys and muslims right quick. Trump has Bibi’s back.

48 | July 15, 2018 8:45 pm

lobo91 wrote:k

Check out the roster for their team.

Those are some odd French names…

Yeah, where are the French names?

49 | July 15, 2018 9:07 pm

Given that the US Armed Forces (as well as the Israelis) are deploying SMASH Systems and anti-armour hunter killer teams also have the big brother technology….

Then riddled me this…..

How come Carrier based pilots landing, especially at night in a ‘heaving deck scenario are still doing it by hand with tankers being dispatched to refuel landing go arounds for multiple tries to get back aboard? The carrier is moving and the aircraft is moving in three planes of movement but we already have the technology to resolve those real time variables. Please tell me someone is on the job finding a replacement system where all the pilot has to do is keep the ball in the middle whilst the system does all the maths and updates in milliseconds.

?????

50 | July 15, 2018 9:08 pm

lobo91 wrote:k

Check out the roster for their team.

Those are some odd French names…

Yeah, where are the French names?

In the stands!

Euro-weinies

51 | July 15, 2018 9:09 pm

It’s quite possible that Israel’s army is not prepared for a two-front war.

1. I don’t believe that.

Only TWO??

The Israelis are always prepared to fight a two front war

52 | July 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Fortunately for the Israelis the fronts are just down the lane and around the corner so it’s easy to reinforce success.

53 | July 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Now Israel has deficiencies but fighting Arabs isn’t one of them.

Logistics tails are not an Israeli strong suit but inside Israel that is understandable.

54 | July 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Did you Ever gets sorted out with STRATFOR Eagles?

55 | July 15, 2018 9:33 pm

We’re still in the phoney war situation. Neither Hamas nor Israel is targeting the opponents militaries.

Israeli military stepped up its bombardment of Hamas sites in the Gaza Strip Saturday afternoon in an effort to erase the Hamas equation of “bomb for bomb.” The Israeli air raids sweeping from north to south hit 45 Hamas command posts, ammo dumps, tunnels, military compounds, a kite-cum-balloon workshop and a naval base, while Hamas launched 80 rockets against Israeli communities in reprisal. Iron Dome intercepted 15. No casualties are reported on either side but the cross-border fire, described as the most sweeping in four years, has been ongoing since Friday midnight. Its continuation as the day wore on Saturday indicated that the IDF has not achieved its objective. However, armored and special forces are massed around the Gaza border ready to enter the Palestinian enclave if the situation deteriorates further. Hamas began shooting anti-tank weapons to meet this threat. DEBKAfile’s military sources report that, while both sides are trading heavy fire, both sides appear to be deliberately avoiding causing bloodshed. Israel’s air strikes are confined to unmanned Hamas sites, while Hamas rocket salvoes avoid populated areas, although they cause damage. The rules would change if Hamas turned its guns on IDF troops defending the Gaza border, staged extensive infiltrations of Palestinian terror squads, or widened its rocket targets to major towns in southern Israel such as Beersheba, Ashkelon or Ashdod. For now, the contest has not reached the level of a full-scale operation.
      Meanwhile people living in the tense towns and villages around the Gaza Strip were cautioned to stay within site of shelters, stay off the beaches and avoid public gatherings, until further notice.

56 | July 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Did you Ever gets sorted out with STRATFOR Eagles?

no time. stuff going on here I can’t go public about except to say that our livlihood is seriously threatened AND we’ve had to incur tens of thousands in debt. no help for that, my car was in hospice and the dental work was not optional. A lot of paperwork involved and quite a bit of surreptitious digging

57 | July 15, 2018 9:52 pm

both sides appear to be deliberately avoiding causing bloodshed.

I’ve read there have been several Israeli civilian injuries, no fatalities.

58 | July 15, 2018 10:10 pm

*snort*

Mystery as IDENTICAL letters appear in 21 newspapers across 12 states slamming Trump’s Supreme Court pick – and they’re all signed by different people

59 | July 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Why should I be the only one with nightmares

Mooch rocking out at a Beyonce concert.

I warn you. What is seen cannot be unseen.

60 | July 16, 2018 1:29 am

*snort*

You obviously need someone on the inside of the DNC to finger the troll who’s punching out the letters. A little CI Op and they will scurry away back into their holes … chastened !

I am assuming that the newspapers are all Progressive Left rags otherwise you could offer some cub reporter a chance to break open a nationwide conspiracy of rumour mills peddling fake news. All he’d have to do is dig about a bit in his own paper to unearth the contact details of the person who wrote the text. That is assuming that newspapers actually still check the verities of addresses.

61 | July 16, 2018 7:48 am

Why should I be the only one with nightmares

Mooch rocking out at a Beyonce concert.

I warn you. What is seen cannot be unseen.

Good morning. My eyes are bleeding ,that’s a creature.
      No Charles, that is not a racial comment. Don’t ban me bro!

61. 63 | July 16, 2018 9:12 am

If all you want are the broadcast channels, a high-end antenna for the TV should work out well for you. Look on Amazon and read the reviews – better than going to Best Buy and getting advice from the kid who last week was in video games.

Also, if you have a SmartTV (hooked up to internet 24/7), you can now get DirecTV satellite without the dish. Would open up some of the cable channels to you.

Speaking of cable channels, I have to say I’ve been enjoying a gossipy show on REELZ called “Breaking the Band” – last night was the Eagles.

62. 64 | July 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Impressions: 95,258
      Likes: 3,384
      Retweets: 487

65 | July 16, 2018 5:59 pm

oh ffs

Judge halts deportations of reunited migrant families

LOS ANGELES — The federal judge overseeing the U.S. government’s efforts to reunify more than 2,500 migrant children it separated from their parents ordered a temporary hold on deportations for reunified families on Monday.

Judge Dana Sabraw of the Southern District of California said the government must halt the deportations in response to a filing by the ACLU that claimed the government has refused to deny “that mass deportations may be carried out imminently and immediately upon reunification.”

64. 67 | July 16, 2018 6:38 pm

Why would the United States deny that mass deportations may be carried out imminently, when the SCOTUS rule that illegal aliens have no US Constitutionally guaranteed “Due Process” right?

68 | July 16, 2018 6:56 pm

it looks to me like the ACLU pulled a technical stunt that the judge backed up. To me, a better question is, why does the ACLU have standing to demand the gov’t do anything?

66. 69 | July 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Because Marxist of a feather always plot to overthrow the government together.

70 | July 16, 2018 8:44 pm

@ The Barbarian:
      We have one. 35 channels, once I get it placed on the roof, 66 is the theoretical number.

71 | July 16, 2018 8:46 pm

We’re home from the beach and the Russian Orthodox wedding…my liver aches.

72 | July 16, 2018 8:53 pm

Dorian….

Are you allergic to cats?

73 | July 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Dorian….

Are you allergic to cats?

uh oh

71. 74 | July 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Dorian….

Are you allergic to cats?

Well, I’ve never gotten indigestion from one, if that’s what you’re asking….

Oh shit….. Calo is going to totally kill me for that isn’t she?

On the serious side, no. I am mostly a dog (American Staffordshire Terrier “PitBull”) person, but I really did love my brain dead Himalayan short hair (Courage the Cowardly Cat). Dat’s just don’t seem to live as long as dong, and damn-it I hate getting attached to thing that up and croak on me.

72. 75 | July 16, 2018 9:32 pm

We’re home from the beach and the Russian Orthodox wedding…my liver aches.

I just knew you were off fucking around with those damned sharks again…

73. 76 | July 16, 2018 9:34 pm

We’re home from the beach and the Russian Orthodox wedding…my liver aches.

I just knew you were off fucking around with those damned sharks again…

I’m out of Arrogant Bastard, and down to only 6 cig’s… I know that somehow this is colds fault…. I just know that he was plotting with the damned sharks against me…

74. 77 | July 16, 2018 9:36 pm

We’re home from the beach and the Russian Orthodox wedding…my liver aches.

I just knew you were off fucking around with those damned sharks again…

And town (the nearest liqueur store) is 5 miles away.

78 | July 16, 2018 10:36 pm

At least it’s not 106 miles to Chicago…

79 | July 16, 2018 10:38 pm

80 | July 16, 2018 10:40 pm

“A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on the part of the sharks.”

81 | July 16, 2018 10:43 pm

here we go. The NRA has been infiltrated by the Russians. If you don’t give up your guns, you are working for Putin and therefore a traitor.

RUSSIAN NATIONAL LINKED TO NRA IS CHARGED WITH CONSPIRACY

She also developed links to Republican political operatives as well as to the National Rifle Association.
      []
      Butina and Torshin’s targets are not identified in the complaint, although both have cozied up to the NRA in recent years. They formed a group called The Right to Bear Arms, which they billed as a Russian sister organization to the NRA.

Butina and Torshin appeared at the NRA’s annual conventions, and Torshin met Donald Trump Jr. on the sidelines of the 2016 annual gathering in Louisville, Kentucky.

Butina was able to ask President Donald Trump a question at the FreedomFest conference in Las Vegas in July 2015, shortly after the Republican began his presidential campaign. Butina asked Trump about sanctions.

The case against Butina is not being handled by the special counsel’s office, which is leading the collusion investigation. Instead, the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington, D.C., and the DOJ’s National Security Division are handling the case.

bedtime

82 | July 17, 2018 8:44 am

@ Twitchy
      Good morning. Ocasio – Cruz, the new star of the Democrat Party layin down some deep thinking.
      Israel is an occupying power because? Hey she doesn’t know, stop. asking.
      Ok gets better. The unemployment rate is low because……. wait for it… a lot of people have TWO jobs!
      Brilliant, make her a committee chair!

80. 83 | July 17, 2018 9:29 am

I JUST heard that quote listening to Levin’s podcast. She said “Everyone has two jobs, they’re working 60-70 hours a week and can barely feed their kids.”

I don’t know ANYONE who has two jobs. And even I don’t work 60-70 hours a week and I put in at least 10 hours of overtime a week. Not because I need the money, you Commmie moron, but because my job pretty much requires it.

81. 84 | July 17, 2018 9:35 am

Don’t you love this? Let’s review. She is the founder of a pro-gun citizens group in Russia that admires our 2nd Amendment. And, apparently she’s an operative for Putin and the Russian Federation at the same time?

Yeah, comrade Rosenstein, I don’t think so….

82. 85 | July 17, 2018 9:37 am

Impressions 134,469
      Total engagements 6,013
      Likes 3,968
      Detail expands 1,000
      Retweets 590
      Profile clicks 394
      Replies 57
      Link clicks 3

83. 86 | July 17, 2018 9:41 am

@ Twitchy
      Israel is an occupying power because? Hey she doesn’t know, stop. asking.
      Brilliant, make her a committee chair!

ROTFLMAO… The Dummycrats newest wunderkind turns out to be a blithering idiot.

87 | July 17, 2018 10:09 am

ROTFLMAO… The Dummycrats newest wunderkind turns out to be a blithering idiot.

Due to some weird election law in NY, Crowley, the guy she beat in the primary, will still be on the ballot for the general

Watch him win

88 | July 17, 2018 10:24 am

Sharks and Russians…a fairly dangerous combination

86. 90 | July 17, 2018 11:10 am

Sharks and Russians…a fairly dangerous combination

True… The Russian men will get you drunk, take you on an adventure, and you’ll wake up 149 days later in a Yurt in Kazakhstan. The Russian women will get you drunk, take you on an adventure, and you’ll wake up 4 years 9 months and 11 day’s later, in a Yurt in Kazakhstan married to the Russian woman, with 3 kids and working for her father, the local used Reindeer salesman.

The shark will just eat you.

87. 91 | July 17, 2018 11:14 am

Ever notice how tequila doesn’t taste quiet as good coming out your nose as it does going in your mouth?

92 | July 17, 2018 1:19 pm

yo’re doing it wrong.

93 | July 17, 2018 1:20 pm

and it happens THAT fast!

94 | July 17, 2018 1:21 pm

there were some very interesting ‘sharks’ at the wedding…

95 | July 17, 2018 1:35 pm

@ Twitchy
      Israel is an occupying power because? Hey she doesn’t know, stop. asking.
      Brilliant, make her a committee chair!

ROTFLMAO… The Dummycrats newest wunderkind turns out to be a blithering idiot.

Completely.

96 | July 17, 2018 1:36 pm

the dems need more of her type.

93. 97 | July 17, 2018 4:10 pm

So if everyone had 2 jobs, unemployment would be a negative number? She’s going to fit the Democrat Socialist

98 | July 17, 2018 4:21 pm

99 | July 17, 2018 5:35 pm

ROTFLMAO… The Dummycrats newest wunderkind turns out to be a blithering idiot.

Well, their last one, Obama was pretty much one as well and look how that turned out