• NCAA D1 Football Week #6 2016 AND Kavanaugh Vote

Filed under Open thread at October 6th, 2018 - 8:45 am

It’s a busy day! I can’t seem to find the over/under or a point spread for the SC nomination vote later this afternoon. There is no reason to believe that he won’t get in though, the question is at what count? 52-48 is my guess.

So far I am 21/36 $1650/$1000. Let’s go with $100 a game here.

#19 Texas at #7 Oklahoma – Sat, Oct 6, 12:00 PM ET – It’s the Red River Rivalry! This is always a great game. Texas is getting 7 on the road and won’t beat this spread.

#1 Alabama at Arkansas – Sat, Oct 6, 12:00 PM ET – Vegas is giving Arkansas 35 points. And, boy howdy, the Razorbacks are just plain awful this year. That said, why would ‘Bama play their first team the whole game? They won’t and ‘Bama does not beat the spread. They don’t have too.

Syracuse at Pittsburgh – Sat, Oct 6, 12:20 PM ET – The Orange are giving 3 to my beloved Panthers at home who will not cover this spread.

Florida State at #17 Miami – Sat, Oct 6, 3:30 PM ET – The U is getting 13 and beat this spread against a pretty mediocre FSU team.

#5 LSU at #22 Florida – Sat, Oct 6, 3:30 PM ET – LSU is a 2 point favorite on the road. 2 Points? I think they can beat that.

#8 Auburn at Mississippi State – Sat, Oct 6, 7:30 PM ET – The War Eagle are giving 4 to the Bulldogs on the road. Yeah, no. They beat that spread.

#6 Notre Dame at #24 Virginia Tech – Sat, Oct 6, 8:00 PM ET – ND looks like they are for real. Their QB is really good. ND covers this 7 point give to the Turkeys and enters the playoff picture.

Comments

122 Responses to “NCAA D1 Football Week #6 2016 AND Kavanaugh Vote”

2 | October 6, 2018 8:56 am

Good morning. Oh the pain! We have a wedding tonight, so I will miss the ND – Virginia Tech Game.
      The outrage, the injustice ! That couple is just thinking about themselves, what about me?
      I think that CW is rignt, ND will enter the playoff discussion tonight.

4 | October 6, 2018 9:03 am

I think that CW is rignt, ND will enter the playoff discussion tonight.

that new QB is really good…but becasue he is white and the other QB he replaced is black, imma racccciss

5 | October 6, 2018 9:13 am

The outrage, the injustice ! That couple is just thinking about themselves

the horror!

6 | October 6, 2018 9:17 am

I think that CW is rignt, ND will enter the playoff discussion tonight.

Sad , but true. I think that it bothers Coach Kelly too. He is a hard core Dem and has been active in his life.
      He has had some really good black and white QB’s, but he really weights in favor of black QB’s.
      At least that is my impression so I should check my closet for a hooded white robe.

7 | October 6, 2018 9:43 am

The outrage, the injustice ! That couple is just thinking about themselves

the horror!

It is a human rights violation,for sure.

8 | October 6, 2018 9:48 am

It is a human rights violation,for sure.

clearly

9 | October 6, 2018 9:49 am

then who is the racist here? the coach.

9. 4_Sticks
      10 | October 6, 2018 9:56 am

And the football is the ‘Uncle Tom’ …

11 | October 6, 2018 9:58 am

4_Sticks wrote:

And the football is the ‘Uncle Tom’ …

pretty much, i am surprised taht the alum at ND put up with that.

and…if you criticize the coach for the steelers, you are a racciissss too….worst coached team in the bigs

12 | October 6, 2018 10:03 am

I noticed that with the shredding, that picture just doubled in value

the art world is weird

13 | October 6, 2018 10:04 am

I apologize for interrupting the sports stuff, I promise to shut up after this. But does anybody know what happens if Murkowski goes back on her word to vote ‘present’ and votes ‘no’ instead? Can Pence break that? I don’t know what the count would look like

ok, thanks, play ball

14 | October 6, 2018 10:12 am

I apologize for interrupting the sports stuff

its an open thread

15 | October 6, 2018 10:13 am

Can Pence break that?

he can only break a 50/50 tie…i think

16 | October 6, 2018 10:17 am

I noticed that with the shredding, that picture just doubled in value

the art world is weird

you just made banksy’s point

16. 17 | October 6, 2018 10:36 am

I apologize for interrupting the sports stuff

its an open thread

Open thread eh? This open

Or… this open?

18 | October 6, 2018 10:40 am

its an open thread

just a reminder, then…I look forward to hearing about your Turkish flatbread

18. 4_Sticks
      19 | October 6, 2018 10:51 am

Her name is Pauline …
      Btw, she lived in a tree.

19. 4_Sticks
      20 | October 6, 2018 10:54 am

Too soon ?

20. 4_Sticks
      21 | October 6, 2018 10:56 am

Well, since its the weekend and all…have one on me !!

22 | October 6, 2018 11:16 am

ok, two of my favorite things: The Blue Angels and Van Halen

22. 23 | October 6, 2018 11:17 am

4_Sticks wrote:

have one on me !!

24 | October 6, 2018 11:21 am

then who is the racist here? the coach.

Yes he is, and a loud mouth jerk. The Domers that I know loathe him.

25 | October 6, 2018 11:23 am

ok, thanks, play ball

Yup, and Pence will be in the chamber.

26 | October 6, 2018 11:24 am

Linda Sarsour‏Verified account @lsarsour

Senator Susan Collins is the mother & grandmother of white women in America who gave us a Donald Trump presidency. The 53%.

She is a disgrace & her legacy will be that she was a traitor to women and marginalized communities. History will not treat her kindly. #CancelKanavaugh

27 | October 6, 2018 11:52 am

@ Twitchy
      Oh no, the vanguard of the Resistance, the Women’s March had big plans to “Flood” the capital building.
      They grabbed their signs, practiced chanting and screaming and got on their game faces.
      And then? They’re locked out! This dastardly act has to be perpetuated by the Patriocracy.
      Maybe if the would have remembered to wear their pink p-ssy hats? You now a kool fashion statement.

27. 4_Sticks
      28 | October 6, 2018 11:53 am

Love how within just the first few notes ya know who it is.

28. 29 | October 6, 2018 12:22 pm

4_Sticks wrote:

Love how within just the first few notes ya know who it is.

That my friend, is a very special kind of talent.

30 | October 6, 2018 1:14 pm

will there be consequences? no, there won’t. this type of behavior from the dems will continue until there are people placed IN JAIL

31 | October 6, 2018 1:32 pm

FNC is showing protestors being atrrested, and they look very happy like they just made their bona fides.
      Must be like a Mafia soldier getting his first hit and becoming a made man.

32 | October 6, 2018 1:40 pm

put em in the lockup that they use for the DC thugs overnight.

33 | October 6, 2018 2:13 pm

put em in the lockup that they use for the DC thugs overnight.

That way they could celebrate diversity.

33. 34 | October 6, 2018 2:20 pm

For Sale; Liberal Tears cried over the Conformation of SCOTUS Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Opening Bid $1000.00

34. 35 | October 6, 2018 2:27 pm

WARNING: Do not drink full strength, side effects might include uncontrollable euphoria, laughter, an unrealistic sense of well being and excessive schadenfreude..

38 | October 6, 2018 3:02 pm

BWAHAHAAAA!!!!!

39 | October 6, 2018 3:05 pm

looks like bama will beat the spread for the first tie in weeks…c’mon Nick! help me out!

and texas looks like the real deal in the Red River Rivalry

40 | October 6, 2018 3:06 pm

and my panther’s showed up to play…0/3 if these trends keep up.

41 | October 6, 2018 3:07 pm

ouch

McConnell: “I want to thank the mob, because they’ve done the one thing we were having trouble doing, which was energizing our base.”

42 | October 6, 2018 3:09 pm

time to go to the stadium and watch my cheerleaders for a bit.

43 | October 6, 2018 3:09 pm

ouch

and bringing the establishment over to trump.

44 | October 6, 2018 4:05 pm

and bringing the establishment over to trump.

THOSE fuckers can starve in the wasteland. AHOY!

when does he get sworn in?

43. 45 | October 6, 2018 4:10 pm

Justice Brett M Kavanaugh Confirmed to the SCOTUS…

44. 46 | October 6, 2018 4:18 pm

when does he get sworn in?

From the sound of this tweet, later today.

47 | October 6, 2018 4:19 pm

Ok, now….
      Someone sneak up behind Ruth and yell BOO

48 | October 6, 2018 4:20 pm

meanie….

49 | October 6, 2018 4:21 pm

then I better run my errands and get back home

48. 50 | October 6, 2018 4:26 pm

Flyboy and I are celebrating JUSTICE Kavanugh’s elevation to the Supreme Court with – what else – BEER!

51 | October 6, 2018 5:07 pm

If Trump is in Kansas, who is going to swear him in?

52 | October 6, 2018 5:08 pm

DiFi

53 | October 6, 2018 5:14 pm

If Trump is in Kansas, who is going to swear him in?

oh, Roberts?

54 | October 6, 2018 5:14 pm

DiFi

*pfffftttt*

55 | October 6, 2018 5:14 pm

Bama didn’t cover…1/3 so far today

56 | October 6, 2018 5:15 pm

Trump wins, again.

57 | October 6, 2018 5:15 pm

i never thought I’d say this but Jordan Peterson is a moron

I believed if confirmed then Kavanaugh would be vindicated and could preserve his reputation (I understand the damage that has been done to him. perhaps better than most) but by withdrawing he could effectively deprive his more radical opponents of their selfrighteous moralism.

58 | October 6, 2018 5:20 pm

Yeah…win by rolling over.

59 | October 6, 2018 5:20 pm

But I LOVE saying this: Ben Shapiro is a moron

Trump Isn’t Going to Save The Supreme Court
      Aug 2016

60 | October 6, 2018 5:35 pm

i never thought I’d say this but Jordan Peterson is a moron

As I said, this could be wrong.

I forgot. He’s Canadian.

61 | October 6, 2018 5:56 pm

Liver be damned, I’m going to toast Kavanaugh’s swearing in with a little beer.

And I don’t even like beer.

We all make sacrifices.

62 | October 6, 2018 6:18 pm

Cheers! it’s done….

63 | October 6, 2018 6:21 pm

Gonna have a home brew later

64 | October 6, 2018 6:24 pm

If Trump is in Kansas, who is going to swear him in?

oh, Roberts?

That’s who normally does it.

65 | October 6, 2018 6:27 pm

Gee…I’ll bet that’s a relief…
      /s

Christine Blasey Ford Will Not Pursue Further Action Against Brett Kavanaugh

Lawyers for Christine Blasey Ford say she will not take steps to pursue further action against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, whom she accused of sexually assaulting her when they were both minors.

Ford’s attorney Debra Katz told CNN’s Dana Bash on Friday that her client will not seek Kavanaugh’s impeachment should he be confirmed to the Supreme Court. She also indicated her client does not regret coming forward with her allegations, which have not been corroborated. Bash had asked Katz and Ford’s other attorney, Lisa Banks, whether Ford would seek to have Kavanaugh impeached if Democrats regain control of the Senate after the midterm elections.

“Professor Ford has not asked for anything of the sort,” Katz said. “What she did was to come forward and testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee and agree to cooperate with any investigation by the FBI and that’s what she sought to do here.”

66 | October 6, 2018 6:32 pm

yeah, tough darts, Chrissy, Grassley has a target with your name on it.

67 | October 6, 2018 6:33 pm

I was eating on some jagerschnitzel at the Hofbrauhaus with my wife and the Pitt game in front of me when a giant “whoop!” went up in the crowd that drowned out even the accordionist in the bier hall.

I turned around and one of the TVs was tuned to a network football broadcast and broke coverage to announce Kavanaugh had been confirmed.

I didn’t hear any boos or groans. Just “whoop!”s.

68 | October 6, 2018 7:46 pm

I’m losing badly today.

But the larger win is trump’s

69 | October 6, 2018 7:47 pm

Mmmmmmm… schnitzel.

70 | October 6, 2018 9:45 pm

The Deplorable Choir
      ‏ @DeplorableChoir

Nancy Pelosi explaining step by step how they successfully were able to smear Kavanaugh.

It’s called the wrap up smear

“You demonize somebody, with falsehoods and all the rest and then you merchandise it. “

6:34 PM – 6 Oct 2018

Video at the link

71 | October 6, 2018 9:59 pm

Video at the link

There ISN’T enough beer to make me watch a video of that woman

72 | October 6, 2018 10:00 pm

She is evil.

73 | October 6, 2018 10:10 pm

Kava needs to sue. Pelts need to be taken.

74 | October 6, 2018 10:11 pm

I wonder what evil they will try when trump replaces ginsberg

75 | October 6, 2018 10:14 pm

And now time for the Kav celebration. One phoebe’s own darkstar porter and a shot of Tito’s hand made and a pelo d’oro Churchill.

74. yenta-fada
      76 | October 6, 2018 10:15 pm

She is evil.

Amazing how well lying for a living pays!

75. yenta-fada
      77 | October 6, 2018 10:23 pm

Kava needs to sue. Pelts need to be taken.

He’s going to busy doing Trump’s work. But yes. here justice must be done and it must be SEEN to be done. You cannot LIE about sexual assault so EASILY. This hurt little girl bs routine worked for Obama fans. They don’t need evidence to attack.

78 | October 6, 2018 10:27 pm

Kava needs to sue. Pelts need to be taken.

I think Grassley’s got this.

79 | October 6, 2018 10:28 pm

She is evil.

also dumb

78. yenta-fada
      80 | October 6, 2018 10:31 pm

The Deplorable Choir
      ‏ @DeplorableChoir

It’s called the wrap up smear

6:34 PM – 6 Oct 2018

Video at the link

That is a great catch. Who is she speaking to?

79. yenta-fada
      81 | October 6, 2018 10:33 pm

She is evil.

also dumb

Then why is she so rich and powerful?

82 | October 6, 2018 10:41 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

Then why is she so rich and powerful?

there are all sorts of dumbs, just as there are all sorts of smarts

81. yenta-fada
      83 | October 6, 2018 10:44 pm

processing…

84 | October 6, 2018 10:52 pm

I think Grassley’s got this.

I seriously hope so. This goes way beyond credible accusations and is well past character assassination and baseless lies. This kind of thing cannot be allowed to be swept under the rug. If this is ignored, then they will do the same to every nominee Trump names — many nominees will decline because they don’t want to go through that.

85 | October 6, 2018 10:52 pm

I see her as a person with Alzheimer’s that forgot she wasn’t suppose to tell the opposition of their planogram.

84. yenta-fada
      86 | October 6, 2018 10:55 pm

I saw a letter online that Grassley wrote to Ford’s lawyers because they REPEATEDLY ignored his requests for all of their evidence. He’s on the warpath.

85. 87 | October 6, 2018 10:59 pm

Ok, so I was watching MacGyver, and I ran out of cigarettes, had to go bum some vap juice from my nephew. Came back, and then had to close my browser, on account of Bill Gates, the FBI CIA NAS and China all have ten tons of spyware on my laptop, and my 8 gigs of ram just can’t handle them all trying to rat me out all at the same time.

Soooo…. Are we still celebrating Kavanaugh’s conformation to the SCOTUS???

88 | October 6, 2018 11:00 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

not to mention that handy-dandy ELEVEN PAGE timeline of the Dems’ dirty dealing he released. He’s got the goods. And according to some comments made to Hubby – all 2nd hand – he’s NOT putting up with this crap.

89 | October 6, 2018 11:03 pm

Are we still celebrating Kavanaugh’s conformation to the SCOTUS???

yes, by poking thru the ashes of the progressives’ nuclear meltdown and laughing.

88. yenta-fada
      90 | October 6, 2018 11:05 pm

Do you have a linky to the timeline? I can’t remember where I read the letter.

89. yenta-fada
      92 | October 6, 2018 11:18 pm

Thanks!

90. yenta-fada
      93 | October 6, 2018 11:24 pm

I didn’t know you were so spied upon. You don’t generally jump to conclusions without something to support your POV. Maye it’s the nuclear suggestions. /s

94 | October 6, 2018 11:25 pm

or wasting every last brain cell watching these Miss Lindsay videos set to music.

jeebus, that’s addicting. But Joplin’s is the best. Especially when you look at the woman running after him. Funny as heck.

Until somebody gets hurt, then it’s gonna be hilarious.

95 | October 6, 2018 11:32 pm

Too funny

93. 96 | October 6, 2018 11:43 pm

yenta-fada wrote:

I have a HP laptop running windows 7, a Chinese sell phone, I am politically conservative. You would have to be insane to not realize everyone and their mother is spying on me. The question is not, am I paranoid, the question is, am I paranoid enough.

97 | October 6, 2018 11:43 pm

@ yenta-fada:

THIS KIND OF DUMB

Pelosi to file FOIA request for FBI report on sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh

98 | October 6, 2018 11:44 pm

Ugh….2/7…what a strange day in college ball.

23/43 $1150/$1000.

99 | October 6, 2018 11:47 pm

no one believed me when told them the TV in my sitting room lit up like Cherenkov radiation for half a nanosecond at 4 am every day.

they’re not actually spying, resources for that aren’t available. They’re just collecting and testing. nobody gives a monkey’s butt what I do.

97. 100 | October 6, 2018 11:50 pm

Mine used to do the exact same thing… You don’t want to know what the picture I put in front of the TV was…. Hint hint Goatse…

102 | October 6, 2018 11:52 pm

I caught mine doing the same thing, I got home from work trip at 345 and saw the same thing

99. yenta-fada
      103 | October 6, 2018 11:57 pm

@ yenta-fada:

THIS KIND OF DUMB

It’s impossible to change when your act has worked all these years.

104 | October 7, 2018 12:03 am

Hint hint Goatse…

I managed to find a pic of Mdme Tousaud’s death mask of the beheaded Marie Antoinette.

Took about a week until that bullshit stopped.

105 | October 7, 2018 12:06 am

there ya go

106 | October 7, 2018 12:08 am

Just to add to the paranoia:
      The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies

107 | October 7, 2018 12:10 am

yenta-fada wrote:

It’s impossible to change when your act has worked all these years.

you know who is REALLY slow on the uptake?

the media.

They’re just in a state of frustrated confusion right now. When the metal fatigue finally takes out the rudder, it will be LIT.

I need chocolate. brb.

108 | October 7, 2018 12:14 am

IF that is true – and I have my doubts – it may turn out to be the best counter-espionage we’ve ever done.

The NSA has been doing it for YEARS. It’s part of a little thing called The Trusted Platform Module. We could have been feeding the ChiComs crap since forever.

I believe Wired had a piece on in some time ago, you might be able to do a search.

109 | October 7, 2018 12:28 am

If it is true, it was more than people showing up at the plant with some chips — those had to be designed into the system, particularly the ones that were submerged in the board layers.

Not discounting this — this wouldn’t have to be super sophisticated to open up a machine to infiltration

110 | October 7, 2018 12:29 am

Since most sensitive systems are air-gapped, it wouldn’t have been able to get to some of the most sensitive information.

111 | October 7, 2018 12:31 am

all they would have to do is add functionality to chips that were already part of the existing design.

you can’t test for what you don’t know is there.

112 | October 7, 2018 12:32 am

thumb drives. they did it at the Pentagon.

113 | October 7, 2018 12:33 am

thumb drives. they did it at the Pentagon.

and that’s how we got Stuxnet into the Iranian centrifuges.

114 | October 7, 2018 12:43 am

thumb drives. they did it at the Pentagon.

Yes, but that requires a human action. You can’t do that remotely.

115 | October 7, 2018 12:48 am

true.

I have successfully consumed ALL the chocolate cake in this house. Now I’m going to bed.

nite.

116 | October 7, 2018 1:20 am

G’night Eagles

117 | October 7, 2018 6:43 am

troll level…EPIC
      He’d later quip that he needed to get the win for President Trump, saying “Donald Trump called me a couple hours ago and told me to knock that Russian muthaf*cka out.”

118 | October 7, 2018 6:53 am

you knew it was coming
      Hitler reacts to Kavanaugh confirmation

120 | October 7, 2018 7:33 am

A driver was stuck in a traffic jam on the highway outside Washington DC. Nothing was moving.

Suddenly, a man knocks on the window. The driver rolls down the window and asks, “What’s going on?”

“Terrorists have kidnapped the entire US Congress, and they’re asking for 100 million dollar ransom. Otherwise, they are going to douse them all in gasoline and set them on fire.

“We’re going from car to car, collecting donations”

The driver asks “How much is everyone giving?”

The man replies, “Roughly a gallon”

117. 121 | October 7, 2018 7:50 am

Just to add to the paranoia:
      The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies

Sigh, does not increase my paranoia at all. I’ve been screaming about this for over a decade. It was the absolutely inescapable consequence of allowing China to take over IC manufacturing for nearly everything.