The End of Diary of Daedalus

Filed under Open thread at May 11th, 2020 - 1:37 am

It is with a sad, yet hopeful heart that I call the end of Diary of Daedalus. There is no need to carry on. The idiot boy is a failure and simply a small turd in the bowl of life. A turd is in fact high praise for the groovy pony-tail. His minions float lower in the bowl, by choice.

What to do with DoD and all that data…So, after consults with a bunch of peeps, I went on the deck pondered the river in front of me while having an Arturo Fuente Lost City Opus X and a heavy neat Don Julio 1942. Both of these are worth more money than the entire basement dwellers of LGF can put together in a year. I suppose that it is time to move on. Move on indeed. Daedalus did tell Icarus not to fly to close to the sun. The jazzy pony-tail didn’t listen and blew it. Now he has, well…I’m not sure. The website is a wreck. I just looked at it after being kicked of the reservation way back in 200x? Jazzy didn’t have the moves or the looks to pick up on Pam back in the day either.

We will now welcome abusive tirades against the jazzy ponytail and his sadly moronic followers who still can’t come up with a way to cook a side of salmon, or be able to put a noun and verb together.

The DoD database and the comments are secured. The brilliant work of the unnamed genius few remains.

*I have been on the phone for hours and thrown a few hundred $$$ at this problem. It comes down to one guy.*

Comments

253 Responses to “The End of Diary of Daedalus”

1 | May 11, 2020 1:41 am

2 | May 11, 2020 1:56 am

du hast. bitches. 🙂

3 | May 11, 2020 2:02 am

while i’m at it…

4 | May 11, 2020 2:04 am

bed time

5 | May 11, 2020 2:09 am

they used ‘parthenogenesis’ correctly

6 | May 11, 2020 2:13 am

night yinz

7 | May 11, 2020 7:19 am

Good morning. Jerry Stiller has died of natural causes at age 92.
    RIP and Merry Festivus!

8. 8 | May 11, 2020 8:19 am

It’s a sad thing, saying goodbye and RIP to DoD. Thanks for trying to save it, CW. Sorry you lost money doing so.

9. 9 | May 11, 2020 8:31 am

The love and praise for the great Little Richard continues to pour in, with practically every rock singer and performer talking about how he changed the game. I remember seeing him on TV in the mid-60’s, and being far more excited by his next-level showmanship than I was by other acts I was seeing and hearing for the first time. I still have a cassette tape somewhere with his greatest hits on one side, and Jerry Lee Lewis’s on the other. Some of them are the same songs — Richard did them much better, and the Killer was no slouch himself.

Here’s a real concert in Paris:

10 | May 11, 2020 8:48 am

@ Octopus:
    first time my dad saw prince (80’s)…yeah, he said, ‘he’s a little richard rip off’ 😆

11 | May 11, 2020 8:57 am

@ Octopus:

Damn straight! Little Richard was much better with eye liner.

12. 12 | May 11, 2020 9:01 am

I know they’re corny and trite, but I have found you can accept that part with good humor, and still benefit from a daily dose of unmitigated positivity. There are true, strong ideas in there, and you don’t have to pay some Tony Robbins-ish shill hundreds of dollars to get them. YouTube has a million of ‘em. I like free.

A few minutes a day of thinking good thoughts won’t ruin your cynical, streetwise persona.
    Do something good for you, today.

13 | May 11, 2020 9:26 am

38F and rain. my favorite.

i’m gonna crawl under a rock…inside…

this weather will give you arthritis.

🙁

IT’S MAY!!!! WTH????

14 | May 11, 2020 9:27 am

Octopus wrote:

yes it will. that will get me kicked out of the cynics club!

15 | May 11, 2020 9:29 am

A chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%

which is fine…in MARCH!!!

i’m gonna take a nap.

16. 16 | May 11, 2020 9:30 am

Poor Jazzy……he goes to DoD on a regular basis and sends his flying monkeys to comment. Now he realizes he’s SO insignificant that there’s no need to pay to keep a website dedicated to him alive (not the case, of course, but he’ll have to come HERE to find that out).

17. 17 | May 11, 2020 9:31 am

Crazy on the left coast….other than the political which is always with us.

97 degrees last Thursday
    Predicted high today – 69.

18 | May 11, 2020 9:32 am

3 William Lewis
    May 10, 2020 • 11:57:00am
    down
    up
    re: #12 Jay C

And unfortunately, there’s no vaccine against The Stupid….

But if the world is lucky, perhaps, just perhaps, enough of them can catch it…

Now that the mockery duties of LGF & CJ have shifted back here I thought that I would wander over and see what the gang is up to. The above comment wishes virus infection of Trump supporters.
    Remember when people were banned for much less than what this bedwetter posted?

19 | May 11, 2020 9:35 am

i wonder if they would wish that on someone in person.

heh.

20 | May 11, 2020 9:36 am

the prescription says…

N A P prn.

yep!

21. 21 | May 11, 2020 9:42 am

CW, correct me if I’m wrong.

You have idiots like Newsom holding out that California will not reopen until there’s a vaccine (yeah, that ain’t gonna happen Gavin – you’ll be run out of town on a [high speed] rail first).

Is it true that we have NEVER been able to produce a vaccine that has proved successful against CORONA-type viruses?

22. 22 | May 11, 2020 9:44 am

If it will bring more than 10 comments, Jazzy will go with it.

23 | May 11, 2020 10:04 am

The Barbarian wrote:

same with the crook in Illinois.

24 | May 11, 2020 10:07 am

The Barbarian wrote:

If it will bring more than 10 comments, Jazzy will go with it.

Yeah , the bar is low.

25 | May 11, 2020 10:14 am

The Barbarian wrote:

CW, correct me if I’m wrong.

The Spanish Flu died a “natural” death in the Summer of 1919. Victims either died or developed immunity.
    So it sounds like pols like Pritzker waiting for a cure are on a snipe hunt.
    People will not tolerate these dictorial tactics forever,

26 | May 11, 2020 10:15 am

i wonder if they would wish that on someone in person.

heh.

Not a chance.

27. 27 | May 11, 2020 10:16 am

Considering that California has not reopened in ANY aspect, I find it interesting that traffic has increased on the highways early in the a.m., BART trains and buses are becoming more crowded and I’m seeing more people in my office building these days. Which indicates to me that folks are saying “EFF YOU” to the edicts. These businesses didn’t suddenly become essential after 60 days.

28. 28 | May 11, 2020 10:17 am

i wonder if they would wish that on someone in person.

heh.

Not a chance.

Those little keyboard cowards. Ha! Call me when their leader is able to fit through his front door.

29. 29 | May 11, 2020 10:21 am

By the way, I’m becoming increasingly apprehensive concerning that fact that Judge Sullivan hasn’t simply dismissed the charges. There is nothing significant to a defendant withdrawing his guilty plea – happens all the time.

I’m hoping against hope that Sullivan isn’t worried about media attacks for doing so. Because if he cares more about his feelings than the actual administration of justice, he needs to be removed from the bench. IMMEDIATELY.

30 | May 11, 2020 10:30 am

@ The Barbarian:

Margot Cleveland was talking about this earlier. Said not to panic if he schedules a hearing on it or something because that’s just the way he rolls.

31. 31 | May 11, 2020 10:33 am

I love Margot Cleveland. And really appreciate your turning me on to her.

32 | May 11, 2020 10:40 am

It’s HR 6666, proposed by Bobby Rush.

If you read thru it, at first it seems very benign, more of just another opportunity for graft, giving money to people to carry out a service for the gov’t.

But the services…

Bobby Rush’s coronavirus TRACE Act is a shocking threat to personal freedom

The bill is titled “H.R. 6666 — COVID-19 Testing, Reaching, And Contacting Everyone,” or the TRACE Act. It aims to provide $100 billion in funding for the Health and Human Service Department for the purpose of “diagnostic testing for COVID–19, to trace and monitor the contacts of infected individuals, and to support the quarantine of such contacts …”

The bill also says that it will provide, “as necessary, testing [for] individuals and … services related to testing and quarantine at their residences.”

There isn’t much else to it, as of now, but the intention is clear, and that’s to force every single person in the United States into a system that allows the government to monitor the physical contacts between every group and individual. Should anyone be determined to have been infected or come into contact with an infected person, the bill threatens to have them quarantined by force.

Nothing to be alarmed about by that, though — those are just “services!”

The kicker is in the intro of the bill.

To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to eligible entities to conduct diagnostic testing for COVID–19, and related activities such as contact tracing, through mobile health units and, as necessary, at individuals’ residences, and for other purposes.

33 | May 11, 2020 10:41 am

The Barbarian wrote:

I love Margot Cleveland. And really appreciate your turning me on to her.

She’s sharp, no question.

34 | May 11, 2020 10:44 am

Just a casual observation. Blogmocracy used to be called something else did it not?

I think it would be appropriate for someone to explain the history behind the creation of Diary of Daedalus.

35 | May 11, 2020 10:47 am

The British Museum has a lot of stuff online now, if that’s your thing. Here’s the main page

36 | May 11, 2020 10:59 am

The British stole all that shit.

37. 37 | May 11, 2020 10:59 am

Possum wrote:

It used to be called LGF 2.0. I think Jazzy got butthurt over the name and made some sort of charge against it to the hosting service and the name had to be changed. Cold Warrior would know best.

Which is fine, because the banned LGF populace had already found us, so no big deal.

38. 38 | May 11, 2020 11:04 am

So over the weekend BOTH CBS and NBC were caught red-handed literally lying to the public with altered video and quotes that were never said. ‘

Time for Trump and the rest of the administration to have press conferences in a venue that the White House Correspondents Association doesn’t control and advise NBC and CBS they are not welcome. Personally, I’d rather have that wonderful reporters from OANN and Breitbart ask all the questions. At the every least, we might get some useful information.

39 | May 11, 2020 11:04 am

Possum wrote:

The British stole all that shit.

welcome to the history of the human race.

40 | May 11, 2020 11:07 am

@ The Barbarian:
    And the inhabitants of LGF 2.0 eventually seriously objected to any reference to Little Green Footballs.

They wanted LGF 2.0 to be a new ultra right wing muslim hating site and so DoD was created so that all LGF conversations when elsewhere.

41 | May 11, 2020 11:08 am

Possum wrote:

The British stole all that shit.

welcome to the history of the human race.

And history was preserved.

42 | May 11, 2020 11:33 am

Kitten update. I would have posted this on DoD but it is gone.

Three months old, now small cats not kittens.

Headphones fucked. During the night wires chewed through.

However, I know which one did it. It was the black one.

43. 43 | May 11, 2020 11:34 am

The Barbarian wrote:

#fuckface got all pissy about it and filed for a copyright to the name “Little Green Footballs.” Took him two tries and several hundred clams, but by then LGF 2.0 had morphed into The Blogmocracy.

44. 44 | May 11, 2020 11:44 am

@ Bunk X:

Ah, thanks. It’s been so long that I didn’t remember the exact mechanism, but I do know that while he obtained a trademark for “Little Green Footballs,” he also attempted to obtain a trademark for “LGF” and was told, if I recall correctly, that there was a conflict with “Lions Gate Films” and a couple of other organizations that prevented him from obtaining a trademark for a three-letter combination. And as you point out, by that time we had already changed the name. Took his flying monkeys quite a while to find us with our new identity.

Makes sense. McDonald’s tried to trademark “Mc” and was rebuffed by USPTO.

45. 45 | May 11, 2020 11:45 am

Found a DoD scraper site. Penis penis penis lol.

46 | May 11, 2020 11:46 am

@ Bunk X:

However….

Copyright expired.

BRC could have registered it but why even bother.

47. 47 | May 11, 2020 11:57 am

Off to art class our daily WebEx meeting.

48. 48 | May 11, 2020 12:33 pm

@ Bunk X:

We have a Monday touch base Zoom meeting. Since my office computer has no camera, I join in, stick one end of my headphones in my ear and wait to see if anyone calls on me.

No one ever does.

49 | May 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Heads up, lawyer person!

Just today, the Supreme Court distributed thirteen* different qualified immunity cert petitions for its conference of May 15, 2020. This is obviously no coincidence, and it means that by the morning of Monday, May 18th, we will finally know whether the Justices are prepared to confront one of the most pernicious and legally baseless doctrines in the history of the Court.

I would love it if qualified immunity got completely trashed, but I’m betting if the court hears it, they’ll reconfirm it w/Roberts on the wrong side

50. 50 | May 11, 2020 12:55 pm

I think you may be right. Of course, some of these cert petitions will be hard to ignore, since it involves blatant misconduct. It might be that they will make a narrow ruling based on the more egregious of the violators. But I’m with you – I’m fearing that Roberts will prove a coward once more.

I’m still hoping for a suit on Sullivan. And here’s another thing that I would like to have resolved once and for all. That of the press being able to reveal their sources. And it may be that this will come hand in hand. I would love to see someone classified a public figure sue a news outlet for slander/libel based on the information from an “anonymous source.” I’m in favor of anonymous sources for whistleblowing purposes, but even Woodward and Bernstein confirmed with two to three independent sources every allegation they published.

51 | May 11, 2020 12:57 pm

JUST IN: Nearly 2000 Justice Dept. officials have signed onto a letter calling for Attorney General William Barr to resign over what they describe as his improper intervention in the criminal case of former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn.

52 | May 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Trump.

53 | May 11, 2020 1:05 pm

Rodan and I were on the phone one night trying to decide what to do about the jazzy pnytail bashing. some peeps liked it others didn’t.

so he decided to start the DoD, i came up with the name as ponytail was being referred to as icarus, the choice was easy

54 | May 11, 2020 1:06 pm

Oh ho ho! THAT was the headline. Here’s the first sentence of the body

Nearly 2000 former Justice Department officials have signed onto a letter calling for Attorney General William Barr to resign

55 | May 11, 2020 1:18 pm

ummm….i don’t know.

its hard to imagine why we would as they mutate pretty fase

56. 57 | May 11, 2020 1:36 pm

Ever notice that there are always 2000 FORMER DOJ officials always willing to sign a letter condemning the Trump Administration DOJ?

Where were they, for instance, when J. Christian Adams RESIGNED over Eric “Wingman” Holder’s (aka “AG Meerkat”) failure to prosecute the New Black Panthers for voter intimidation in 2008?

57. 58 | May 11, 2020 1:47 pm

Alex Marlowe stated on Breitbart News Daily that there hadn’t been one as far as he knew – for just that reason. But there are times I want to kick Alex in the ass because he’s stated something I KNOW is wrong (and never challenges TDS sufferers when they call in) I thought I’d try to obtain a “second opinion.”

60 | May 11, 2020 5:18 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

The peasants are rebelling against their overlords.

59. 61 | May 11, 2020 5:20 pm

Now Andrew Cuomo is calling it the “European Virus.”
    That’s okay, Andy Candy, following your lead for misdirection and point of secondary origin, the rest of the country will henceforth be calling it the “New York Virus”.

62 | May 11, 2020 5:32 pm

@ Twitchy
    This is not from the Onion or the Babylon Bee.
    Governor Cuomo is now referring to the Virus as the “European” Virud
    When you think that they can’t get any sillier the rise to a new height.
    This is even worse than “Some people did somting”

63 | May 11, 2020 5:37 pm

how much did he get paid by the chinese to say that

62. 64 | May 11, 2020 5:39 pm

“Icarus” was Johnson’s nickname (given by others or self-nicked) for his performing / recording persona.

Andrew Breitbart gave him the “Magical Jazzy Ponytail” moniker and also referred to him as “fuckface” on BlogMock Radio.

65 | May 11, 2020 5:40 pm

@GP
    The president of Tanzania did not trust the WHO testing for the Coronavirus,
    So he tried an experiment aaaaaaand…………..

64. Guggi
    66 | May 11, 2020 5:41 pm

IT’S MAY!!!! WTH????

We call it “Eisheilige”*) –> Mamertus, Pankratius, Servatius, Bonifatius and Sophia (in Austria called “die kalte Sopherl”) the climate science calls it a “singularity” followed by another “singularity” called “Schafskälte”.

*) in France, Poland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and other parts of Europe: according to popular belief a period in May with increased likelihood of night frost falling on the feast days of certain saints thus jointly nicknamed ‘Frost Saints’ or ‘Ice Saints’

67 | May 11, 2020 5:42 pm

how much did he get paid by the chinese to say that

A corrupt Democrat? That’s just crazy talk, right?

68 | May 11, 2020 5:51 pm

@ Guggi:

ahhh…thanks! interesting

69 | May 11, 2020 5:55 pm

Bunk X wrote:

a master stroke all round

68. 70 | May 11, 2020 6:05 pm

Bunk X wrote:

a master stroke all round

Andy LOVED us.

74 | May 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Gov Wolfe/Pennsylvania is threatening counties that don’t obey. He will be removed one way or the other, also

– loss of fed funds
    – loss of liquor licenses, liability insurance, etc.

real bastard, this one

70. 75 | May 11, 2020 7:00 pm

Gavin and a few other governors are demanding $1 trillion to bail them out because they won’t be able to provide “necessary services.” The problem for Gavin is there will be a limit. Especially since he’s governor of a “sanctuary state.”

Come the November election, Gavin and the Dems will have their Repeal Prop 13 proposition on the ballot, raising property taxes to 3%, claiming that failure to pass will result in severely reduced police and fire services. OH NO!! Voters must pass 51% and you can be sure with vote by mail, the 51% will be reached (along with keeping those red seats that flipped blue with vote harvesting in Democrat hands). In the very fine print of this proposition will be authorization for each county assessor to REVALUE the property in question. Someone paying $1500 in property taxes now may very well find themselves paying in excess of $7000 in property taxes in 2022 (property tax bills for the next year go out in November in my county, so it will be too late to ding me for 2021). Couple that with our high income and sales taxes and a LOT of people will be losing their homes due to failure to pay property tax (which is why we passed Prop 13 in the first place).

71. 76 | May 11, 2020 7:03 pm

Honest to GOD, I just can’t with these assholes in the media.

Apparently, because I haven’t seen the video, a reporter of Asian extraction asked Trump (AGAIN) about the number of COVID deaths and he told her she should ask that question to CHINA!

OMG! Dear God – what a racist remark. Never mind he would have give any reporter the same answer had they asked it. I can’t. These people are nuts.

77 | May 11, 2020 7:07 pm

Apparently, because I haven’t seen the video

watched it live. It was hilarious. “But why did you say that to ME SPECIFICALLY?”

cuz you’re the one who asked the question, dumbass.

78 | May 11, 2020 7:10 pm

a reporter of Asian extraction

1. she had a mask on, by her accent you could tell she was ‘asian’

2. I defy anyone there – or anywhere – to distinguish between her, a Japanese or a Korean, etc., especially with a mask on. Yeah, they all look alike, bite me.

74. 79 | May 11, 2020 7:51 pm

Octopus wrote:

yes it will. that will get me kicked out of the cynics club!

You have to keep your Pollyanna prattle to yourself.

75. 80 | May 11, 2020 7:53 pm

Possum wrote:

Kitten update. I would have posted this on DoD but it is gone.

Three months old, now small cats not kittens.

Headphones fucked. During the night wires chewed through.

However, I know which one did it. It was the black one.

You so racist!

81 | May 11, 2020 8:07 pm

38F and rain. my favorite.

i’m gonna crawl under a rock…inside…

this weather will give you arthritis.

IT’S MAY!!!! WTH????

Global Warming …. anyone…… Anyone???

82 | May 11, 2020 8:15 pm

ABC is STILL ‘at it’ !

They STILL twist words and commit ‘sins’ of omission like forgetting to leave in the word ‘FORMER’ before DOJ Staff to totally alter the context of their statement.

At least they might have added…. “Good riddence to bad rubbish”.

The swamp continues to drain away thanks to Trump.

83 | May 11, 2020 8:44 pm

I don’t know how reliable this will turn out to be but several outlets are reporting that Grenell wants to declas the list of people involved in unmasking Flynn, et. al. Maybe by this Friday.

We’ll see.

79. 84 | May 11, 2020 9:19 pm

Possum wrote:

However, I know which one did it. It was the black one.

Our youngest kitty is black, and just about a year old. Lovingest little guy you could want, but in to EVERYTHING. Once he calms down a little bit, we want to see about using him as a therapy kitty for people in nursing homes.

80. 85 | May 11, 2020 9:22 pm

I think the longer this coronavirus continues to hang around and to take lives, the better chance Biden or whoever the Democrats end up nominating have at winning.

86 | May 11, 2020 9:41 pm

We’ll see.

HE DID IT!! HE ACTUALLY DID IT!!

Hannity just announced it

87 | May 11, 2020 9:43 pm

yeah, that’s what they think, too. I have no idea how that would work, but that’s because I’m moderately sane.

More problems in Wuhan.

The Chinese regime announced a cluster CCP virus outbreak in Wuhan on May 11, the first official indication of a severe outbreak in the epicenter since authorities ended lockdown measures in early April.

Locals reported that the current outbreak in Wuhan is more severe than how authorities have portrayed it

88 | May 11, 2020 9:46 pm

Daily Wire confirms

BREAKING: U.S. Officials Have Declassified List Of Obama Officials Who Were Involved In ‘Unmasking’ General Flynn

Now it’s up to Barr to release

89 | May 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Oh, it’s HER. The Asian reporter who tried to set up Trump for a racist response at today’s presser is the same one who accused a WH official she refused to name with this gem: “This morning a White House official referred to #Coronavirus as the ‘Kung-Flu’ to my face. Makes me wonder what they’re calling it behind my back.”

It’s her schtick.

90 | May 11, 2020 10:12 pm

Big if true

“None of Biden’s top advisers have seen him since mid-March, when a handful visited to prep for his final debate against Sanders. Nowadays, only two staffers — his traveling chief of staff and his wife’s chief of staff — ever occasionally drop by”

91 | May 11, 2020 10:19 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

These businesses didn’t suddenly become essential after 60 days.

Somebody on another blog pointed out that Wuhan was only shut down for 16 days.

92 | May 11, 2020 10:35 pm

musk just flipped off Cali

Good for him. Pretty much all of this nonsense now is a government “taking” without compensation. At no time in history have people been enjoined from being able to earn a living.

93 | May 11, 2020 10:42 pm

You know, it’s been well almost 12 years since Jazzy Ponytail has been relevant. The mass banning occurred near the end of 2008. We had fun with him, we kicked him around some a lot and opined that he and his blog shenanigans could be the subject of somebody’s psych dissertation. But he is pretty much in the rear view mirror, followed by a few fellow unhinged lefties and nee’r do-wells. Let that fade into the background.

94 | May 11, 2020 10:45 pm

I think this is somewhere in Germany. The police backed down.

“We are the people”

95 | May 11, 2020 10:48 pm

But he is pretty much in the rear view mirror,

yeah, remember Markos what’s-his-name that all the Dem wannabes sucked up to at some convention or other? I don’t even remember the name of his blog or if it’s still around.

96 | May 11, 2020 10:57 pm

Markos Moulitsas. Yes, the Daily Kos is still around.

Their silly convention is called Netroots Nation. It’s still around, too

97 | May 11, 2020 10:58 pm

Daily Wire confirms

Now it’s up to Barr to release

stout hemp rope

98 | May 11, 2020 11:03 pm

ah, that’s it. Net Roots. meh.

99 | May 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Scrap this YESTERDAY, you’ll kill every bird within miles

U.S. Approves Giant Solar Project in Nevada

enough to power every residence in Las Vegas.

It’s paywalled but there’s the link

95. Koko
    101 | May 12, 2020 3:00 am

Apparently, because I haven’t seen the video

cuz you’re the one who asked the question, dumbass.

And it was a very stupid question. You could tell he at first toyed with the idea of treating it seriously. Then thought fuck it. Why waste my breath. This bitch is going to go back and write whatever she wants anyway. She already fabricated in the question a notion that Trump only cites testing availability because he views it as a competition with other countries. And she blatantly implied he doesn’t care about the dead and dying virus victims. So he tells her go ask China and points to another reporter who failed to ask her question in deference to her crooked CBS colleague (who has continued whining) and not the POTUS. So he skips that moron and points to someone else. Then THAT moron starts whining it was her turn. So he says to himself that’s enough babysitting. Thank you all for your questions.

102 | May 12, 2020 4:02 am

Koko wrote:

And it was a very stupid question

3:30 in the morning and I’m up with a sick dog researching vertical furnaces in attics.

No, it wasn’t a stupid question, it was a well thought out trap. She was bound and determined to paint Trump as someone who cared more about winning a competition than someone who cared about the people of his country. He didn’t fall for that one, so the fall back was the racist noose.

103 | May 12, 2020 4:35 am

early day at work 🙁

106 | May 12, 2020 5:24 am

oh yeah, the nashville mayor is also talking about raising property taxes
    32%!!!!

so glad I moved out of there

100. 108 | May 12, 2020 7:49 am

Of course, qualifications and competence aren’t important, just race/gender.

101. 109 | May 12, 2020 8:08 am

Hey, how do you post a YouTube video, and not the link to it? Thanks!

And good morning, starshines.

110 | May 12, 2020 8:19 am

@ Octopus:
    Sorry, can’t do that here only admins

111 | May 12, 2020 9:20 am

so the fall back was the racist noose.

it doesnt work anymore.

104. 112 | May 12, 2020 9:20 am

He would have given the same answer if Acosta or Karl or anyone else had asked that question.

She’s a race-baiting asshole and he should NEVER call on her skanky ass again.

Edited because I noticed the ever-vigilant eagles has pointed out she was the one who made up that “Kung Flu” story and refused to name the person who uttered in when asked DIRECTLY by Trump.

113 | May 12, 2020 9:21 am

Octopus wrote:

Hey, how do you post a YouTube video, and not the link to it? Thanks!

And good morning, starshines.

use the embed function from youtube.

i cant get simple youtube or youtube light to twork with this site. i’ve spent hours on the problem.

106. 114 | May 12, 2020 9:30 am

Waiting to see if Fauxci will be toeing the Democrat line in the Senate today. He was emailing the New York Times ahead of time to tell them what he was going to say. Wouldn’t surprise me if Schmucky Schumer gave him some questions in advance so that the perfect anti-Trump economy response could be formulated.

I hope Ted Cruz or some GOP Senator grills his lying ass about the faulty models and why we aren’t opening up now that the curve has flattened, which was the SOLE reason for shutdowns in the first place.

115 | May 12, 2020 9:40 am

Schumer tells Fauci before Senate coronavirus testimony: ‘Let it rip’

In eager anticipation of the Senate’s virtual hearings with four top doctors from President Trump’s coronavirus task force, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., urged Dr. Anthony Fauci to “let it rip.”

Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is scheduled to testify for the first time before the Senate Health Committee on Tuesday about the way Trump has responded to the coronavirus pandemic.

“Until now, we’ve mostly heard from the members of the coronavirus task force through the distorted lens of the White House press conference where the president often prevents them from answering fully, interrupts their response, or even contradicts their fact-based evidence,” Schumer said on Monday.

“This will be one of the first opportunities for Dr. Fauci to tell the American people the unvarnished truth without the president lurking over his shoulder. Dr. Fauci, let it rip,” he added.

116 | May 12, 2020 9:41 am

@ The Barbarian:
    The dems are trying to pull a Katrina. It wont work.

Trump isnt a coke addled buffoon like dubya

117 | May 12, 2020 9:54 am

@ The Barbarian:
    Fauci is a fingernail on the backboard wind bag. He is in love with the sound of his own voice and New found celebrity.
    He relied on the flawed models and the pivoted bashing the models.
    The Media loves him because he tries to embarrass Trump.To the best of my knowledge Fauci did not get one vote.
    He has been a bureaucrat since I Ibelieve 1984.

110. 118 | May 12, 2020 9:58 am

I’m seeing where Birx is now (privately) saying that COVID deaths have been inflated by at least 25%.

111. 119 | May 12, 2020 10:02 am

@ Octopus:
    Click on “share” button, copy the embed code and paste it into the comment.

112. 120 | May 12, 2020 10:03 am

@ Octopus:

121 | May 12, 2020 10:51 am

What bunk said…

122 | May 12, 2020 10:52 am

Its probably higher

123 | May 12, 2020 10:58 am

good morning. I’m see bits and pieces from people somehow listening to SCOTUS arguments this morning on the case about getting Trump’s tax returns.

Justice Thomas: “What if it was clear that the subpoenas were designed to remove the President, rather than pass legislation?”

Chief Justice Roberts to House: “Let me ask about the limits of your standard. Is there any topic about which ‘legislation cannot be had’? … Your test isn’t much of a test.”

there’s more at the link, the guy who is tweeting is a prof at Iowa Law School

116. 124 | May 12, 2020 10:58 am

@ Bunk X:

Thanks, Broseph. I’m helping to install a new AC today, so I will probably be imbibing later. When I imbibe, I must rock. Maybe some Nightwish.

125 | May 12, 2020 11:07 am

ok, c-span has the SCOTUS session if you want to follow live

Adam Klasfield, courthouse news, has running commentary

126 | May 12, 2020 11:11 am

The Barbarian wrote:

Just one goddamn minute. I SPECIFICALLY recall a presser where she EXPLAINED that CDC was classifying everything as COVID-19, it was around the time they changed the counting method. I KNOW we talked about it here, we even noted that hospitals got more $$$ for COVID-19 deaths. It may seem like ages ago, but it wasn’t.

The source for her quote is WaPo. She may have said that or something like that, but let’s be clear – it’s no surprise to her

119. 127 | May 12, 2020 11:14 am

A six-year-old girl in Detroit died a couple of weeks ago, and was mourned all over the local media as “the youngest victim in Michigan of the Covid-19 pandemic.” Then it came out that she actually went to the hospital with symptoms of meningitis, and indeed died of meningitis. She tested positive for the ‘Rona after she had been in the hospital for a few days. Therefore, the story became that she had died from “a very rare complication of coronavirus, turning into meningitis.” Tragic as the whole story is, I’m calling bullshit. It’s already been well-established that people dying of all manner of ailments are being counted as Covid deaths, as long as they test positive for the virus. That includes people dying of old age, heart disease, COPD, in various stages of cancer treatment, and other fun things.

25% is a conservative estimate of the overstatement, imho.

128 | May 12, 2020 11:27 am

Oh, jeez. It looks like Canada is going to let China test a vaccine on Canada’s military.

Canadian researchers are joining the effort to develop a Chinese vaccine against the deadly coronavirus, with plans to begin human trials in Canada of a potential defence against COVID-19 that employs genetic technology from the National Research Council.

The trials will bring to Canadian soil Ad5-nCoV, a vaccine candidate under joint development by a Chinese company and the country’s military. Backed by a state that has urgently sought a vaccine of global importance, Ad5-nCoV has been among the most rapidly developed of numerous candidates around the world.

Now the NRC has struck an agreement to support its development in Canada by manufacturing doses that can be administered in human tests and for emergency pandemic use.

“We are going to get to evaluate it for safety and efficacy in Canada, as is being done already in China, and Canada will now be part of the front-runner story,” said Roman Szumski, vice-president of life sciences for the NRC.

129 | May 12, 2020 11:29 am

Octopus wrote:

“a very rare complication of coronavirus, turning into meningitis.”

bullshit.

total bullshit. these virii do not pass the blood/brain barrier, therefore, there cannot be an infection of the meninges (the three membranes (the dura mater, arachnoid, and pia mater) that line the skull and vertebral canal and enclose the brain and spinal cord)by said wuhan flu.

if it could, there would be a massive death toll from meningitis.

131 | May 12, 2020 11:34 am

viral meningitis will kill you stone dead, or you recover in 7-10 days

bacterial meningitis is treated with antibiotics and it can kill you fast

Viruses that cause meningitis include enteroviruses, herpes simplex virus (generally type 2, which produces most genital sores; less commonly type 1), varicella zoster virus (known for causing chickenpox and shingles), mumps virus, HIV, LCMV[20], Arboviruses (acquired from a mosquito or other insect), and the Influenza virus.[27] Mollaret’s meningitis is a chronic recurrent form of herpes meningitis; it is thought to be caused by herpes simplex virus type 2.[28]
    Fungal

132 | May 12, 2020 11:37 am

do note that coronivirus is not on the list, if it were, the common cold would be a cause of meningitis and we would be screwed.

125. 133 | May 12, 2020 11:41 am

Now of course, watch the MSM et al. try to panic the population into believing that they will die from meningitis if they contract COVID.

134 | May 12, 2020 11:41 am

some light reading

135 | May 12, 2020 11:41 am

what is the blood/brain barrier actually? Is there something different about the structure of the vascular system?

137 | May 12, 2020 11:47 am

read this

138 | May 12, 2020 11:50 am

guaranteed.

139 | May 12, 2020 11:50 am

read this

thanks!

140 | May 12, 2020 11:53 am

4million confirmed cases, 280 thousand deaths global

no mention of meningitis at all.

141 | May 12, 2020 11:57 am

The Barbarian wrote:

you wanna see some ER staff move light speed fast, mention meningitis.

133. Stonemason48
    142 | May 12, 2020 12:55 pm

So now I lurk here I guess, maybe I’ll comment too. Hi (again) all.

143 | May 12, 2020 1:19 pm

our autocrat governor has lost the battle

he has resorted to name calling.

144 | May 12, 2020 1:26 pm

@ GP
    Rand Paul tells Fauci,”You are not the end all”
    Outrageous! Dr Fauci is the burning Bush exceeded only by Balck Jesus from Chicago.
    Heretic!

145 | May 12, 2020 1:32 pm

a middling bureaucrat promoted beyond his abilities and talent

137. 146 | May 12, 2020 1:37 pm

@ Octopus:
    And yet I saw something on BSNBC which said Dr Fauci thought the coronavirus deaths were underreported.

147 | May 12, 2020 1:41 pm

a middling bureaucrat promoted beyond his abilities and talent

Truth. Who goes to Med School to be a carrer bureaucrat?

148 | May 12, 2020 1:45 pm

our autocrat governor has lost the battle

he has resorted to name calling.

Some of these Governors have to look up to see mediocre. Case in point ,my Governor JB Pritzker.
    At least he is no slave to fitness tho.

149 | May 12, 2020 1:53 pm

True, it could be worse. I could have your governor

141. 150 | May 12, 2020 2:01 pm

Or Dorian’s and MINE.

151 | May 12, 2020 2:01 pm

True, it could be worse. I could have your governor

Yeah, he is a piece of work. Pritzkers have diverse companies and I competed against them for years.
    The people that they hired routinely slandered the competition. It usually turned out badly for them.

152 | May 12, 2020 2:18 pm

he has resorted to name calling.

yesterday he was threatening their insurance coverage, liquor licenses and assistance $$$.

144. 153 | May 12, 2020 2:20 pm

I haven’t played with resizing, but it should be easy to do as long as you keep the proportions. Otherwise the video spills into the side bar.

154 | May 12, 2020 2:25 pm

This is from Chanel Rion, One America News an hour ago

DOJ to release list of Obama Officials involved in the “unmasking” of former NSA
    @GenFlynn

This in conjunction with talks on the Senate Judiciary Committee to call in Obama officials to testify on the origins of the Russia Investigation.

But this is the only such report I’m seeing

146. 155 | May 12, 2020 2:32 pm

And mine.

156 | May 12, 2020 2:35 pm

I’m going to give my personal contact info so I can go out to dinner? Bullshit.

Washington State

Restaurants told to keep log of customer contact info after reopening in Phase 2

157 | May 12, 2020 2:43 pm

nope.

158 | May 12, 2020 2:44 pm

@ Bunk X:

the size works fine after the 15th comment or so. the sidebar contains nothing after that

150. Stonemason48
    159 | May 12, 2020 2:55 pm

I’m in Chester County where cases and deaths are low, but our commissioners went Dem last year, we’re screwed. If I can talk my wife into it, we’re headed to Lancaster county to actually sit in a restaurant this this weekend!

151. 160 | May 12, 2020 3:09 pm

New figures for the nine Bay Area Counties.

Total 7.6 million people
    Total 10,000 cases
    Total 444 deaths

This is what herd immunity does.

152. Guggi
    161 | May 12, 2020 3:12 pm

test

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q9B5ixstk-c&quot; frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope;

153. Guggi
    162 | May 12, 2020 3:12 pm

@ Guggi:

No, no, no, it doesn’t work.

154. Guggi
    164 | May 12, 2020 3:13 pm

@ Guggi:

165 | May 12, 2020 3:20 pm

Stonemason48 wrote:

Lancaster county

great place.

166 | May 12, 2020 3:21 pm

@ Guggi:

i’m mucking around in the back room trying to figure this out AGAIN

167 | May 12, 2020 3:27 pm

Manually Embed a YouTube Video or Playlist (For gallery directions, go here »)

For videos: Method 1 – Do you already have a URL to the video you want to embed in a post, page, or even a widget? All you have to do is paste it on its own line, as shown below (including the https:// part). Easy, eh?
    Method 2 – If you want to do some formatting (e.g. add HTML to center a video) or have two or more videos next to each other on the same line, wrap each link with the [embedyt]…[/embedyt] shortcode. Tip for embedding videos on the same line: As shown in the example image below, decrease the size of each video so that they fit together on the same line (See the “How To Override Defaults” section for height and width instructions).

168 | May 12, 2020 3:28 pm

Make sure the URL is really on its own line by itself. Or, if you need multiple videos on the same line, make sure each URL is wrapped properly with the shortcode (Example: [embedyt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCDEFGHIJK&width=400&height=250[/embedyt])

169 | May 12, 2020 3:28 pm

@ Stonemason48:
    you are free of moderation now, post at will.

welcome aboard

170 | May 12, 2020 3:29 pm

These people are just going to get run over

Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday.

Los Angeles County last week loosened some stay-at-home rules, reopening some trails and allowing some retail stores to begin curbside services with social distancing. But Ferrer warned Tuesday that further loosening of the rules will be slow.

171 | May 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Contrary to what OAN is reporting, this is ABC

UPDATE: A senior DOJ official tells
    @ABC “we do not intend to release the [unmasking] list” that Grenell brought over to the building last week.

172 | May 12, 2020 3:37 pm

this phrase ‘new normal’ has got to be destroyed

163. 173 | May 12, 2020 3:41 pm

Charles Johnson, Culver City.

164. Guggi
    174 | May 12, 2020 3:50 pm

@ Guggi:
    i’m mucking around in the back room trying to figure this out AGAIN

Good luck! 🙂

165. 175 | May 12, 2020 3:51 pm

@ Bunk X:

Aw Bunk – you’re a subject of King Gruesome Newson I as well?

166. 176 | May 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Stonemason48 wrote:

Welcome. I would offer you cookies and beer.
    But we’re in lockdown.

177 | May 12, 2020 3:56 pm

But we’re in lockdown.

Our Gov. Coonman has rescinded his opening ok for Northern VA and extended the lockdown for another 2 weeks. Because there were 700 new cases overnite. Not 700 sick people, just 700 tests. No hospitalization figures or anything, he won’t even say it was just testing.

By this metric, we will be in lockdown forever.

178 | May 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Guggi wrote:

@ Guggi:
    i’m mucking around in the back room trying to figure this out AGAIN

Good luck!

i think i electrocuted myself

179 | May 12, 2020 3:59 pm

more tests = more cases

we prevented the hospitals from being over run. time to open up

180 | May 12, 2020 4:05 pm

This is Apr 18 from Dr Ezike, Dir Pub Health

“I just want to be clear in terms of ‘people dying of COVID’. The case definition is very simplistic. It means at the time of death, it was a COVID-positive diagnosis. So, that means that if you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death.”

So I don’t want to hear any crap from Dr. Debbie about inflated counts.

181 | May 12, 2020 4:09 pm

yeah, it seems the flat-curvers were lying to us. What a surprise.

183 | May 12, 2020 4:33 pm

Possum wrote:

However, I know which one did it. It was the black one.

I have two three month old twin boys. Pure black and almost identical. A casual observer would not be able to tell who was who unless I pointed out the very slight differences and even I cannot tell them apart when they are on a high speed rampage.

They are both equally evil, car keys stolen, phone in the morning is not where I left it the night before. My toes are a chew toy at 3am, etc you know the routine.

I place the blame of their bad behavior squarely on terrible parenting. They had a weak authority figure to learn from and a total lack of discipline in the vital first few months of life.

So that is where the joke that “The black one did it” comes from. Which black one nobody knows.

Also, I have had them since they were two days old, so I guess the bad parent was me.

173. 184 | May 12, 2020 4:37 pm

I have a solid black Tom named Bumpkin. He believes he’s a dog.
    I told the kids I want to find a little marmalade colored kitten. And name him Trumpkin.

186 | May 12, 2020 4:41 pm

secret business waiver list????

oops

187 | May 12, 2020 4:48 pm

The Goveror stepped on a rake.

188 | May 12, 2020 4:49 pm

<@ RIX:

oh my god, that was SO worth it!

189 | May 12, 2020 4:54 pm

Contrary to what OAN is reporting, this is ABC

UPDATE: A senior DOJ official tells

well….

“The Justice Department is confused as to where the idea that we would be releasing this information came from, given that ODNI is the owner of that information, if they want to release it they can do it, that’s their call,” the DOJ official told Fox News.

Brooke Singman is a Fox digital reporter, whatever that is, but she’s a Fox person

190 | May 12, 2020 4:59 pm

ODNI owns it. its his call

179. 191 | May 12, 2020 5:00 pm

Maxine Waters announces her sister has died from COVID.

….and I think I’ll just follow Thumper’s father’s rule on this one.

180. 192 | May 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Maybe Grenell just took them to Justice to make sure he was in the clear to release it.

193 | May 12, 2020 5:03 pm

@ The Barbarian:

hey, its about unmaksing…so, we are all supposed to wear masks.

show us the infidel list that refuse to mask!

194 | May 12, 2020 5:13 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

Maxine Waters announces her sister has died from COVID.

….and I think I’ll just follow Thumper’s father’s rule on this one.

Her sister Velma died on 5/1 in a St Louis nursing home @ 86 years of age.
    Maxine, classy lady that she is screaming that Trump killed her.

195 | May 12, 2020 5:22 pm

fuck yeah he did

The doctor in Rand Paul took over for the questioning began by challenging Dr. Fauci on the media narrative that there is no evidence that patients who survive coronavirus have immunity.

Paul then stated that his view is that the truth is the exact opposite of the media narrative. There is very good evidence that recovered patients will have some durable immunity.

Dr. Fauci responded that it is indeed likely. Then he added the standard disclaimers that we won’t know for sure and for how long for years. He did concede you could make a reasonable assumption that recovered patients have some immunity.

196 | May 12, 2020 5:28 pm

damn, Stephanopoulos just punched creepy joe right in the nuts

huh, who knew?

197 | May 12, 2020 5:29 pm

This is Salena Zito on Beaver County Pennsylvania

Of the 479 COVID-19 cases to date in Beaver County, 319 of them are in Brighton Rehab; of the 78 who died in the entire county, all but seven came from Brighton Rehab.
    Beaver County District Attorney David Lozier said his office will not prosecute business owners who open their doors on the same day that Wolf became the first governor in the United States to link the allocation of money to those who follow his stay-at-home orders.

This county isn’t the only one to state it will defy Wolf; Bucks, Schuylkill, Lancaster, Dauphin, Franklin, Lebanon, Huntingdon, and Cumberland counties have all indicated some sort of defiance against his orders. And even his home county of York has hinted of a possible rebellion.

Cost sighs at the arrogance and mismanagement of the whole thing: “I find it really ironic that a governor with a Ph.D. in political science has so little understanding of how politics actually works in his own state.

199 | May 12, 2020 5:32 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

Maxine Waters announces her sister has died from COVID.

….and I think I’ll just follow Thumper’s father’s rule on this one.

I really don’t care.

200 | May 12, 2020 5:32 pm

i can see that facility from my back deck, it’s about 5 miles that way —>

201 | May 12, 2020 5:33 pm

he’s taking out trumps victory in beaver county out on the citizens.

it’s that simple. he is that small of a person

202 | May 12, 2020 5:34 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

maybe that wasn’t what he took to Justice

I think everybody’s done with Fauci. Did you see that before his testimony he emailed some reporter at the NYT the day before to sort of give a heads up on what his testimony would be?

Yeah, take a seat, Tony.

203 | May 12, 2020 5:36 pm

he is that small of a person

The profession seems to attract that kind of pathology.

191. 204 | May 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Yeah, take a seat, Tony.

And then we find out that he was calling Fredo Cuomo every night during his so-called “quarantine” to check on his condition. Oh come ON! Dude looked fine – I never believed he had it to begin with.

205 | May 12, 2020 5:57 pm

Top Men y’all, TOP MEN!!!

207 | May 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Top Men y’all, TOP MEN!!!

We’re surrounded by them.

209 | May 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Sullivan is allowing public comment on the Flynn case, inviting amicus curiae briefs

195. 210 | May 12, 2020 6:25 pm

I could be very wrong, but I don’t see this as a good thing. Sullivan is literally making up new Rules of Criminal Procedure. Amicus briefs are permitted in CIVIL actions, not criminal ones. Sullivan even says so in his Minute Order. Public comment? Is he serious?

I’d be interested in Sidney Powell’s take on this. I tweeted on her timeline. But I’ll bet Mark Levin will be screaming about it.

211 | May 12, 2020 6:27 pm

uh oh.

Powell filed consent to DOJ motion to dismiss and 8 minutes later Sullivan issued request for amicus briefs. He was waiting and I suspect this is a setup.

197. 212 | May 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Oh man, this idiot judge quoted Amy Berman Jackson in “U.S. v. Stone” – the one who permitted a biased juror to serve and then refused to vacate the verdict when it was brought to her attention. Of all the judicial morons to cite….

213 | May 12, 2020 6:29 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

But I’ll bet Mark Levin will be screaming about it.

They’re trying to force Trump into a pardon

214 | May 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks, I literally cannot manage to read it, when I enlarge it goes all blurry

200. 215 | May 12, 2020 6:32 pm

Thanks, I literally cannot manage to read it, when I enlarge it goes all blurry

I have PACER – I can go directly to the case and read the order.

216 | May 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Here’s our friend Margot

Holy shi!t! Judge Sullivan just told Project Democracy and Adam Schiff to submit briefing because Barr can’t be trusted.

217 | May 12, 2020 6:34 pm

Project Democracy

That would be the 2000 former DOJ lawyers that signed the letter to remove Barr the other day

203. 219 | May 12, 2020 6:36 pm

And no, I do not think this is a good thing. If anyone hears about Sidney being on Hannity or any other Fox show tonight, please let me know. I’m hoping she goes on Levin tonight and Rush tomorrow.

I’d love to see amicus briefs from L. Lin Wood, Alan Dershowitz and Joe DiGenova.

220 | May 12, 2020 6:36 pm

DOJ should filed a supplemental memorandum and argue for dismissal for prosecutorial misconduct and failure to comply with Sullivan’s standing order. Let Sullivan rule that his order meant nothing!

221 | May 12, 2020 6:40 pm

her last post on her TL was 36 mins ago, I think she just got busy

222 | May 12, 2020 6:45 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

I think I may take Judge Sullivan up on his invite to brief as amici (https://freeamericalawcenter.com) the matter of the rightful dismissal of the case against
    @GenFlynn

223 | May 12, 2020 6:45 pm

BWAHAAAHAAAAAAAA!!!!!

208. 224 | May 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Hot damn – isn’t that Lin Wood’s firm?
    Other attorneys/organizations that should file briefs:

Judicial Watch
    Landmark Legal Foundation
    Senator Ted Cruz

225 | May 12, 2020 6:54 pm

Musk was out on the assembly line with his peeps.

I give him kudos for that.

226 | May 12, 2020 6:54 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

isn’t that Lin Wood’s firm?

I believe so

227 | May 12, 2020 7:03 pm

@ The Barbarian:

I have no way to do this because I don’t know what I’m doing.

Can you check out the following

– Sullivan has a son who had some legal trouble that perhaps Elija Cummings helped bury, Rosenstein has some blackmail info

– Sullivan appointed to Environmental Law Institute, maybe late 2019, and I think that’s a Soros front

That’s what I’ve got so far, no way to verify

228 | May 12, 2020 7:09 pm

And Sidney Powell is not happy. She just retweeted this

There is no legitimate legal reason for this.

213. 229 | May 12, 2020 7:13 pm

I have no doubt that someone is holding something over Sullivan’s head. I’ve felt the same about Roberts after the ACA ruling. Sullivan was the one who dismissed the Ted Stevens case and castigated the prosecutors from the bench. Now he’s acting like a weenie with no balls. It would not surprise me in the least if someone is leaning on him.

And that would be a felony.

230 | May 12, 2020 7:15 pm

She claimed to know how “frustrating” the situation is, before cautioning “I expect people to follow the law.

“These executive orders are not a suggestion. They’re not optional. They’re not helpful hints.”

hmmmm…
    streisand effect anyone?

232 | May 12, 2020 7:20 pm

“I expect people to follow the law.

Well, how odd, the people expect her to follow the Constitution.

233 | May 12, 2020 7:20 pm

this thing is dead in the water, according to cocaine mitch

234 | May 12, 2020 7:22 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

It would not surprise me in the least if someone is leaning on him.

So, Flynn caved to protect his son and Sullivan caved to protect his son.

235 | May 12, 2020 7:22 pm

this thing is dead in the water, according to cocaine mitch

somebody said it’s not a wish list, it’s a death certificate

219. 236 | May 12, 2020 7:25 pm

I’m headed out. I’ll be back if I hear anything, but usually when I get home I get a little overwhelmed.

I cannot express in words how infuriated I am at Sullivan’s Minute Order.

237 | May 12, 2020 7:30 pm

The Barbarian wrote:

I cannot express in words how infuriated I am at Sullivan’s Minute Order.

thinking back, I can’t help but wonder if Obama’s “rule of law” exposition was targeted.

238 | May 12, 2020 7:35 pm

I don’t see Sullivan on Environmental Law Inst Board.

239 | May 12, 2020 7:35 pm

the money right now has trump at -145. that means that you have to bet 145 to get a hundred

240 | May 12, 2020 7:49 pm

Whitmer isn’t going to stop until she’s removed in cuffs.

241 | May 12, 2020 7:50 pm

Prepare to Discover That Michael Flynn WAS NOT Unmasked – But Everyone Else Was…

It appears we are about to find out if one of my long-standing theories about surveillance of Michael Flynn is correct. Flynn was not “unmasked”, because he was the direct target.

For three years the official media account of how the intelligence community gained the transcript of incoming National Security Adviser Michael Flynn talking to Ambassador Sergey Kisliyak on December 29th, 2016, surrounded “incidental collection” as a result of contact with an agent of a foreign power.

Meaning the Flynn call was picked up as the U.S. intelligence apparatus was conducting surveillance on Russian Ambassador Kisliyak.

If this version of events were accurate (it’s not), it would fall under FISA-702 collection: the monitoring of a foreign agent (Kislyak) who has contact with a U.S. person (Flynn).

In order to review the identity of the U.S. person, a process called ‘unmasking’, a 702 submission must be made. As NSA Director Rogers said: that submission, the unmasking, leaves a paper/electronic trail. However, I do not think that is what happened, here’s why:

Back in 2017 Senator Lindsey Graham questioned former DAG Sally Yates and former DNI James Clapper. Within the questioning, Sally Yates tipped her hand. There was never an unmasking of Flynn because Flynn was a target; it was not incidental collection.

242 | May 12, 2020 7:57 pm

I’m going to put up a new post, i wont be around tomorrow b/c treatments and some golf.

243 | May 12, 2020 8:08 pm

244 | May 12, 2020 8:34 pm

good luck, CW, we’ll be here when you get back

245 | May 12, 2020 8:34 pm

Whitmer isn’t going to stop until she’s removed in cuffs.

I’d prefer a straitjacket

246 | May 12, 2020 9:32 pm

With prejudice. Totally and completely. This is NOT the new normal, this is totally screwed up.

247 | May 12, 2020 9:35 pm

By this metric, we will be in lockdown forever.

… or until the people rebel. The Supreme Court has declared itself not interested in affirming Constitutional rights, so now it is up to the people to assert those rights. … and the police better be careful whose side they choose — they took an oath to uphold the Constitution.

248 | May 12, 2020 9:46 pm

hey, its about unmaksing…so, we are all supposed to wear masks.

show us the infidel list that refuse to mask!

Thanks Karen, now go back in the house.

249 | May 12, 2020 9:52 pm

because Barr can’t be trusted.

Does that not indicate a prejudicial viewpoint on the part of the judge?

251 | May 12, 2020 9:57 pm

Umm, her 30 days expired. The legislature refused to pass legislation extending her state of emergency. No, her executive orders are not a suggestion, optional, nor helpful hints. They are now illegal as she is usurping her power. What enforcement mechanisms exist when a governor goes rogue?

252 | May 12, 2020 9:59 pm

So that is for Trump winning? i.e smart money is on him winning and nobody is betting on the democrats?

235. 253 | May 13, 2020 6:46 am

This@ coldwarrior:
    And that’s what worries me. I saw an estimate that by August we could see 1450000 deaths. Regardless of fault, that’ll be laid at Trump’s feet and it’ll be a tough fight.

And sure, I know how far off those estimates can be, especially when nearly everything is linked to coronavirus.